Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which version is better?
May 3, 2010 8:59 PM

Jun 2009
Just something i thought be interesting to talk about. Which is better, the anime or the manga?

Oh and, if you want to, explain why.
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 4, 2010 2:08 AM
Nov 2009
Well I have to say that I actually like both of them equally, but that's mainly because I take them as two separate rides.

The reason I like the Anime is because comedy aspect of it reminds me of, "Three's Company", which is one of my all time favorite live action shows. The story in the Anime version is rather good too, be it different from the Manga. And then there's the animation, to which I just say, "Damn!" The animation and character design were different by a slight margin, but in my opinion, it was for the better.

The reason I like the Manga is because of how deep the story gets. The character design in there is epic as well, but I still prefer the Anime's character design. While the comedy aspect was toned down quite a bit in the Manga, it was still there, but this time the main focus was on Tsukune's character growth, as well as the mystery of the youkai world. Which is a tad bit better, because it answers a lot of questions that the Anime didn't.

All in all I think both series are equally great, and to enjoy them both, all one has to do is view them as two different rides.
Permissum incendia exuro profundus intus vos.
extraho of nox noctis ago in.
May 10, 2010 7:49 PM

Apr 2010
manga, b/c there's no more anime to watch!
May 11, 2010 11:43 PM
Apr 2010
Seeing the anime in its entirety made me want to read the manga so definitely kudos to the anime. However, I don't think the anime lived up to all of it's potential. I prefer the manga because although Tsukune started out like he did in the anime it seems like he has matured quite a bit and also the manga seems more detailed regarding the youkai (sp?) world. If they made a third season of the anime I'd really like for them to blend more of the manga's seriousness (but also keeping a level of comedy and fan service) into the story and show more of Tsukune's mostly dormant power.
Jun 12, 2010 4:29 PM

Feb 2010
the manga story is just more fluid
Jul 6, 2010 1:24 AM

Jun 2010
well i have just watch the anime and it was all over the place.. well the 2nd season was the 1st was straight on but anyways i hear the manga has a great story line
so im going to read the manga very soon :)
Jul 13, 2010 10:02 AM
Apr 2010
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the manga -MoonDoggie-.
Aug 29, 2010 6:24 AM
Jul 2010
Anime was too short, and I'm too lazy to read manga .
Sep 14, 2010 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
This is far too easy of a choice, it's obviously the manga.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the anime, in fact it was because of the anime that I started to read the manga, but unfortunately the anime never told the true story of R+V, and there was so much that was left out.

AND NOW, the manga has really become very interesting and has quickly turned into one of my most favorite manga of all time.

Final Analysis:

R+V anime (Tons of laughs, easygoing, great amounts of ecchi goodness)

R+V manga (A lot more serious, better storyline)
Sep 20, 2010 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
As much as I think of the anime as a guilty pleasure in my eyes and it introduced me to the manga but I'm gonna go along with the crowd and say...

Read the manga, it's a lot more consistent than Gonzo's fan-service filled madhouse.
Oct 2, 2010 6:09 AM

May 2010
I think the manga is better than the anime!

Jan 15, 2011 8:48 PM

Jun 2010
Manga. =/
Jan 24, 2011 7:00 PM

Aug 2009
The manga is better; the story gets really interesting and serious, it's pretty good (at first I even got surprised lol [because I began with the anime xD]). Also, the character design is very nice, and many characters there show more growth and development. And well, there is some comedy.

Although I liked the anime too, the animation and the character design are pretty good, and well, it's fun :). If the anime only told the story that is on the manga... =/
Apr 18, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
I've voted for both.
Because both offers something for myself what the other does not.

Anime has ...
- better character design
- Good and beautiful music
- comedy
- Inner Moka
- no Ghoul Tsukune (do not get me wrong but I do not like those characters)

Manga has ...
- serious story
- Akasha Story
- more Inner Moka
InnerMokaLoverApr 18, 2011 10:14 AM

May 28, 2011 7:04 AM

Apr 2011
The first season of the anime was brilliant but I wished it was longer, the second seson was aflop in comparison to its awesomeness (though I likeed the opening song).

So I'd have to go with the manga, cuz its ongoing and the story has only been getting better :)
Jul 11, 2011 7:13 PM
Apr 2009
I love both. I agree that the manga is better (glad I started with it). However, I liked how I didn't have to wait a bit long for the anime to introduce my fav characters.
Oct 19, 2011 8:05 AM
Apr 2011
I love both in different perspective, but I will talk about manga only since it is only thing that keeps publishing.

From unwell structured Action-comedy-harem Now we can see a huge development , the story start to reveal itself, art line are so so astonish now. The story has become more intense, but still remaining the Action-comedy-harem theme. I would say that I first love character more than story, but now I say it develop itself in to one of the front line series. This is what me and friends of mine agree, and from other board as well.

I can only hope for two things which I will try to pray everyday.
First, hope that they will make it into anime again( So I can watch my Ura Moka XD)

Second, I REALLY hope that it won't come to quick close ending or irresponsible conclusion. many series did that to us and they mostly fell apart in the last half ( E.g. Shaman King,Mahou Tsukai Kurohime, Hunter X Hunter, Soul eater, etc) you kinda feel it when you favorite Manga/anime disappoint you.

Hope they keep up the good work ! you got my support and faithful customers don't fail us ! : )
Dec 2, 2012 2:44 AM
Jul 2012
I prefer the manga.The story here is better explained and the characters are much better developed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Rosario + Vampire Capu 3 EXPLANATION

removed-user - May 3, 2016

6 by milanogates »»
Sep 10, 2018 6:22 AM

Sticky: » Member cards [OPEN] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

audacious1 - Mar 15, 2009

843 by removed-user »»
May 3, 2016 3:50 AM

» Do we need a R+V, capu 3??

Dodecahedron-O24 - Dec 5, 2011

32 by Nightmare21st »»
Oct 22, 2015 8:58 PM

» Will there be a manga season 3?

Bewb_Lord - May 13, 2014

2 by arnoldc64 »»
Aug 18, 2014 11:35 PM

» what monster would you be on rosario to vampire ( 1 2 )

Yukino21 - Feb 16, 2008

88 by TerrorH3ctor »»
Jun 28, 2014 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.