Forum Settings
Forums

Where to start and what is the difference between music video - novel - manga - anime?

Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 6, 2022 11:25 AM

Mar 2021
What is the difference between music video - novel - manga - anime? This series is hella confusing. I don't want to watch the music videos first cause they are even harder to understand so other than that where should I start?

Nov 6, 2022 11:31 AM
Dec 2017
save the anime for last i would say go for the light novels.

Nov 6, 2022 12:43 PM

Mar 2021
Crow_Black said:

What's the difference exactly?

Nov 6, 2022 12:50 PM
Dec 2017
meyve said:
Crow_Black said:

the anime is pretty short like not the entire volumes sadly and mekaku reload is still in development hell to :(

Nov 6, 2022 12:52 PM

Mar 2021
Crow_Black said:
meyve said:

the anime is pretty short like not the entire volumes sadly and mekaku reload is still in development hell to :(

no, what is the difference between novel and vocaloid? Is manga different too? And what is the mekaku reload? A remake? New content? I have so much question lol.

Nov 6, 2022 12:57 PM
Dec 2017
meyve said:
Crow_Black said:

no, what is the difference between novel and vocaloid? Is manga different too? And what is the mekaku reload? A remake? New content? I have so much question lol.

Found this on reddit that may help you out.

So the light novels and manga are two different stories, the anime is not a adaptation but the "ending" of the story, the chronological order is:

Manga route 2> LN >Manga route 1 > Anime

The music is in-between and around the other parts.

I would recommend you start by reading the novel but you should read both.

Also I am going to defend the anime here, yes it makes no sense, but the problem is that you have no context for 80% of it, my recommendation is to read the novels and manga and go back to watch the anime.

This is my recommended listening/reading order, is complicated and weird, but I truly believe is the best way to experience the Kagerou project

1- Songs (No particular order) : Jinzou Enemy, kisaragi attention, Kagerou daze, mekakushi code, shounen brave, yanobashi deceive, kussou forest, children's record

2- Light novels - Volumes 1 to 3

3- Manga - Chapters 1 to 17 (Do not read Chapter 18)

4-Songs (No particular Order) - Tomei answer, Ayano koufuku riron, headphone actor, ene no dennou kikou, shinigami record, yukeei esterday, dead and seek

5- Manga - Chapter 18

6- Song - Outer science

7- Light Novels - Rest of the volumes

8- Songs (No particular Order) - Otsukimi Recital, konoha no Sekaijijou, My funny weekend, Goujou Rain, lost time memory

9- Manga - Rest of the Chapters

10- Songs (No particular Order) - Marry no kakuusekai , Additional memory, imagination reload, lost day hour

11- Mekakucity Actors ( Anime) - All episodes

12- Songs (No particular Order) - Summertime memory, Shissou word, Remind blue, Fireworks in the summer, Dayz(Daze)

sorry its honestly been a while now since i've seen it lol.

Nov 6, 2022 1:00 PM

Mar 2021
Crow_Black said:
meyve said:

Found this on reddit that may help you out.

So the light novels and manga are two different stories, the anime is not a adaptation but the "ending" of the story, the chronological order is:

Manga route 2> LN >Manga route 1 > Anime

The music is in-between and around the other parts.

I would recommend you start by reading the novel but you should read both.

Also I am going to defend the anime here, yes it makes no sense, but the problem is that you have no context for 80% of it, my recommendation is to read the novels and manga and go back to watch the anime.

This is my recommended listening/reading order, is complicated and weird, but I truly believe is the best way to experience the Kagerou project

1- Songs (No particular order) : Jinzou Enemy, kisaragi attention, Kagerou daze, mekakushi code, shounen brave, yanobashi deceive, kussou forest, children's record

2- Light novels - Volumes 1 to 3

3- Manga - Chapters 1 to 17 (Do not read Chapter 18)

4-Songs (No particular Order) - Tomei answer, Ayano koufuku riron, headphone actor, ene no dennou kikou, shinigami record, yukeei esterday, dead and seek

5- Manga - Chapter 18

6- Song - Outer science

7- Light Novels - Rest of the volumes

8- Songs (No particular Order) - Otsukimi Recital, konoha no Sekaijijou, My funny weekend, Goujou Rain, lost time memory

9- Manga - Rest of the Chapters

10- Songs (No particular Order) - Marry no kakuusekai , Additional memory, imagination reload, lost day hour

11- Mekakucity Actors ( Anime) - All episodes

12- Songs (No particular Order) - Summertime memory, Shissou word, Remind blue, Fireworks in the summer, Dayz(Daze)

sorry its honestly been a while now since i've seen it lol.

Thank you I hope it hepls me. Have nice day

More topics from this board

» Kagerou Daze - Volume VI -Over the Dimension-

Stars-Soul - Oct 1, 2019

5 by meyve »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Kagerou Daze Volume 5 Discussion

rowhan - Jun 24, 2015

3 by meyve »»
Nov 15, 2022 8:08 AM

Poll: » Kagerou Daze Volume 4 Discussion

rowhan - Jun 24, 2015

6 by meyve »»
Nov 14, 2022 11:27 AM

» Kagerou Daze - Volume VIII -Summertime reload-

Stars-Soul - Oct 20, 2019

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Dec 7, 2021 2:03 PM

» Kagerou Daze - Volume VII -From the Darkness-

Stars-Soul - Oct 8, 2019

2 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 25, 2021 6:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.