Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2022 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
What a child-friendly ending, everyone's a winner! But I must admit I like it, now Wakashimazu can continue with football! In general I was surprised at how this series showed us the motivations and feelings of "the enemy", making me almost root for them at times. Considering that, it couldn't really have ended in any other way.

Hyūga-kun remains special to me. There is a darkness inside him, and a maturity that the rest of the boys don't have. We know his poor family situation, but it is also about how he looks up to Tsubasa and doubted himself in this match.

Lastly, now that the series is over (the remaining episodes seem to be look-backs), I must say that I understand how it was a hit in the dōjinshi world in the 1980s. It offers a veritable smörgåsbord of possible couplings. At the end of this episode I almost thought Hyūga-kun and Tsubasa would kiss!
Jun 13, 2023 7:11 PM

Oct 2021
It finally ended, no wonder this is considered the DBZ of sports shonen, this match only took like 20 episodes lol.

It was a good match thought. I don't get the both teams winning situation, but I guess this is a middle school tournament after all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa Episode 128 Discussion

GarouWolf - Jun 16, 2023

0 by GarouWolf »»
Jun 16, 2023 6:24 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa Episode 127 Discussion

GarouWolf - Jun 14, 2023

0 by GarouWolf »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa Episode 126 Discussion

GarouWolf - Jun 13, 2023

0 by GarouWolf »»
Jun 13, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa Episode 124 Discussion

GarouWolf - Jun 7, 2023

0 by GarouWolf »»
Jun 7, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa Episode 123 Discussion

GarouWolf - Jun 6, 2023

0 by GarouWolf »»
Jun 6, 2023 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.