Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 3, 2022 12:37 AM
Dec 2021
Is there even any plot/storyline in this? Feels like most of the anime is just a filler with some episodes that actually move the plot forward. watched the first season and I really liked it but was a bit bored at the same time. just wanna know if it will be worth it in the end (watched 2 episodes of the second season)
Mar 3, 2022 12:42 AM
Jul 2019
If you're bored don't watch more.

Unless you wanna be a virgin cuck that watches stuff even if they don't like it to bash people that do. Then continue I guess.
Mar 3, 2022 12:45 AM
Dec 2020
I loved Season 1, got a bit bored during Season 2, but LOVED the Final Season.
Mar 3, 2022 12:46 AM
Oct 2020
Optimus9473 said:
Is there even any plot/storyline in this? Feels like most of the anime is just a filler with some episodes that actually move the plot forward. watched the first season and I really liked it but was a bit bored at the same time. just wanna know if it will be worth it in the end (watched 2 episodes of the second season)

It's a romance-drama not a shonen lmfao wdym Filler?💀 If you're bored don't watch it, don't talk about storyline and filler like it's a shonen anime
Mar 3, 2022 12:47 AM

Jul 2021
it's not really a filler just because you think the pacing is really slow, it's more of a introduction to these characters, season 2 is where most of the fun sparks in.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 3, 2022 12:55 AM

Nov 2021
I watched its first season, I was bored. I’m watching its 2nd season(4ep so far) and I’m still bored
Mar 3, 2022 1:23 AM
Jul 2021
second ssn was the best one imo
Mar 3, 2022 1:25 AM
Apr 2021
If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. Nobody’s forcing you to power through. Based on your list this doesn’t seem like the type of anime you like. This is the type of show where if you aren’t fully invested in the characters you can’t enjoy it to the full extent. It’s not boring, and it is worth it to watch if you are connected to the characters. Watching Tohru and the Somas surpass so much pain and trauma and come out the other end with a smile will only effect you if you truly love all of them. From what I can tell, you should just stop watching.
Mar 3, 2022 1:27 AM
Dec 2019
The second season starts off boring, but after 10 episodes it gets really good and it remains good all the way till the last episode of final season.
Mar 3, 2022 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Watch it just for the final season. The final season is a masterpiece honestly speaking.
Mar 3, 2022 1:47 AM
Senpai

May 2021
bro what? okay maybe you need action or more drama. But this is one of the best slice of life anime out there.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 3, 2022 1:48 AM

Apr 2018
boring or not, this season is necessary to understand the final season, it'll get better in the second half.
Mar 3, 2022 1:55 AM
Feb 2021
the second half is better than season 1 but Fruits Basket is like that, things don't happen very fast cause it's a story focused on relationships
Mar 3, 2022 2:18 AM

Jun 2021
Optimus9473 said:

Fillers?? What are you even on about it's a shoujo SOL romcom not a shonen. Also,FruBa takes its time to introduce the whole cast...going through each and every character,so S1 might have felt a bit boring but in S2 since most of the characters other than Rin have already introduced the pacing will increase. And S3 is a solid 9/10 overall taking all aspects under consideration. FruBa has one of the best written casts in anime and is totally a character and relationship driven story,if u aren't into that don't force yourself. Ppl have their own tastes and that's perfectly ok, why watch it just coz it's popular??
Mar 3, 2022 2:29 AM
Dec 2021
well i can admit this much that it gets a Lil boring in the middle . but , I loved the show till the end 👀
Mar 3, 2022 2:31 AM

Oct 2020
I felt like the series declined after S1, but the final season was loved by many. So it might be worth pushing through S2 to experience the final one.
Mar 3, 2022 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
The show explores the dynamics, relationships, and inner worlds of the characters to make them develop and grow. There is plot of course, but the moral of the story is the same. In fact, season 1 was full of foreshadowing from episode 1 to the end.

In addition, Fruits Basket is essentially drama and romance with comedy and SoL elements. The plot is always subtle. This kind of series relies on the characters, which it does - that's how the genre works. I'd recommend you to drop it, if it's not your cup of tea.
Mar 3, 2022 3:41 AM
Jun 2021
Dododod666 said:
If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. Nobody’s forcing you to power through. Based on your list this doesn’t seem like the type of anime you like. This is the type of show where if you aren’t fully invested in the characters you can’t enjoy it to the full extent. It’s not boring, and it is worth it to watch if you are connected to the characters. Watching Tohru and the Somas surpass so much pain and trauma and come out the other end with a smile will only effect you if you truly love all of them. From what I can tell, you should just stop watching.

great way to explain it
Mar 3, 2022 4:52 AM
Dec 2021
Later episodes will make you understand till the very end
Mar 3, 2022 4:53 AM
Jun 2021
Optimus9473 said:
its a slice of life drama anime what do you expect from it, by your list i can clearly say that slow paced slice if life are not of your type so just droo the show don't continue it as you will end up calling it trash because you are used to watch action shonen anime's, and this is not a shonen anime so "filler" terms doesn't exist for this show. You should probably stick with action shonen anime instead of watching something that is popular but is not your type
Mar 3, 2022 5:21 AM
Aug 2021
Oh my god the person just expressed their opinion and asked if it's worth it. I understand y'all reminding him/her/them it's not shonen or anything but damn everyone's just thrashing the person
Mar 3, 2022 5:43 AM
Apr 2020
Optimus9473 said:

Don't bother, been in your shoes too a couple months ago
And no it's not about your list and what you have watched at all, this anime in my honest opinion is overrated bad drama
Mar 3, 2022 6:10 AM
Feb 2022
This worth watching... The ending was absolutely lovely...Im so sad that it ended before I knew it ಥ_ಥ
Also, I kinda got bored in S2...coz it was just more like filler episodes... then again its lovely...
KazuyaKeiXMar 6, 2022 12:52 AM
Mar 3, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2020
Just correcting the fillers part here. There are absolutely no fillers in this anime and each episode has significance to the plot or foreshadows later plot threads.
Mar 3, 2022 9:34 AM
Feb 2018
if your bored you can always stop watching and find something else to put on
Mar 3, 2022 10:09 AM
Mar 2022
Optimus9473 said:

It is a romance ofc its not going to have some master plot but i will say as it goes on especially with the last season it becomes amazing plot wise in my opinion. Happens to be one of my favorite romances.
Mar 3, 2022 10:40 AM
Jan 2021
No prob the most overrated show I ever seen
Mar 3, 2022 11:33 AM
Aug 2021
If you find it boring don’t watch it lol. It’s a slice of life/drama/romance so there ain’t gonna much action.
Mar 3, 2022 12:25 PM
Feb 2022
its definitely worth watching it just progresses pretty slowly and the ending to the anime was really satisfying imo.
Mar 3, 2022 2:48 PM
May 2021
imo, it’s the best shojou out there. although some people may find it slow and boring (as it is meant to be a slice of life), the plot line and characters are very well written. It’s written in a way that allows viewers to really bond with the characters on screen - which i believe is important in a slice of life, while adding drama and important details that bring the story to its climax and give it the “gasp” factor.
Mar 3, 2022 5:32 PM
Sep 2021
this show is very unique, it's heart wrenching and heart warming so much you could cry. if you love romance and sweet vibes then yeah watch it! I honestly love the 2001 version because it adds smooth comedy and funky music. the new version is more closer to the manga, season 2 gives us more detail into the people and world and season 3 is just 👏. I will say however I was let down by a certain characters reason for a certain thing that didn't make sense to me (in the romance department of the anime) but like, I did enjoy their development after that. anyway I say yeah, if you're into this type of anime finish it till the end, and you won't be disappointed. just buy lots of tissue boxes!
Mar 4, 2022 11:38 AM
Sep 2016
FILLERS😭fruits basket may not be the anime for you if you think these episodes are fillers...

the story is based on the relationships between certain characters and how they all connect to each other at some point. the show is great because despite having so many characters, it does a good job fleshing them out and giving importance to each one. there's romance but it's still largely a drama.

bc tohru's love interest is part of a complicated clan, it makes sense that other characters besides the main 3 are written the way they are, so they're definitely not fillers. there were a lot of iconic scenes left out from the manga too so there def wasn't time for fillers.
Mar 5, 2022 12:26 PM
May 2014
Optimus9473 said:

It's definitely worth watching. the first season stars a bit slow and is in my opinion an induction to most of the cast and their some of their back stories.

In the second season the story escalates way more than the first season, and most of the episodes and the cast feel more connected.

and the final season wraps the whole story with a beautiful ending.
Mar 6, 2022 12:54 AM
Feb 2022
wollybolly said:
this show is very unique, it's heart wrenching and heart warming so much you could cry. if you love romance and sweet vibes then yeah watch it! I honestly love the 2001 version because it adds smooth comedy and funky music. the new version is more closer to the manga, season 2 gives us more detail into the people and world and season 3 is just 👏. I will say however I was let down by a certain characters reason for a certain thing that didn't make sense to me (in the romance department of the anime) but like, I did enjoy their development after that. anyway I say yeah, if you're into this type of anime finish it till the end, and you won't be disappointed. just buy lots of tissue boxes!

Absolutely it was lovely... specially the ending... Now I'm pretty sad that it ended before I knew it ಥ‿ಥ
Mar 6, 2022 4:04 AM

Oct 2018
this what happens when a shounen stan try to watch a romance shoujo...

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Mar 8, 2022 3:07 AM
Jan 2021
I think season two it's the weakest but I liked it, I read the manga first but the anime's pretty good
Mar 12, 2022 1:02 PM
Jul 2021
__potato__ said:
I loved Season 1, got a bit bored during Season 2, but LOVED the Final Season.

agreed. final season is amazing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.