Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2010 7:10 PM
Nov 2009
Is anybody else annoyed by Vivi? I mean looking back at that arc I'm very glad that she didn't join the crew because she would be of no help and even more upsetting is that she is the reason Bon Clay, the wonderful queer, gets stuck in Impel Down because of Vivi's' indecisiveness. to join or not join the crew.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 29, 2010 7:13 PM

May 2010
and yet if bon was never in impel down they would have never escaped.

I miss Vivi :(
Oct 11, 2010 9:29 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah Vivi was the stereotypical useless, weak, and annoying shounen chick. Thank god we got Robin instead.
Oct 19, 2010 12:32 PM
Dec 2007
Vivi was much more bearable in manga, if I may notice. :|
Oct 20, 2010 10:43 AM
Apr 2007
Vivi.... annoying, whiny, stupid, ugly, bitch.

Hated every frame she was present in. Except when Luffy punched her. That was epic.

Klabautermann said:
Vivi was much more bearable in manga, if I may notice. :|

Oh no. I hated her in the manga too.
Nov 3, 2010 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
She really cries a lot and her attacks are for no good at all. in a scale from 1-10 this character deserves 4
Feb 24, 2011 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
Aren't you happy that she was only a short-term person in the Straw Hat crew and not a long-term crewmember? I mean could you really see her being a useful character at the present point of OP?
Oct 25, 2012 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
She is weak. And she cries a lot. I do find her annoying and I am very happy that she stayed in Arabasta after the Straw Hats crushed Baroque Works.
Carue is way cooler than her btw.
Oct 26, 2012 7:20 PM

Nov 2010
Well Usopp is probably weaker than her, but I do agree that I wouldn't have really liked her on the crew, though they would have had her grow on us and get stronger mentally and physically like the rest of the crew.
But then again there's no use talking about this because Oda probably made her with the intent of not having her join in the end.
May 30, 2013 11:12 PM
May 2011
i actually liked her character
Jun 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Dec 2008
Somebody once said that Vivi is Mary Sue. If you are interested, check this one for more information.

However, Vivi's Mary Sueness doesn't annoy me as much as her non-stop crying - made ten times worse because anime added several filler episodes before the Strawhats arrived to Yuba and action started gearing up.

Yeah, yeah, Vivi is an empathic person and it's important that a royal understands the suffering of his/her people. I do understand Vivi and her behaviour is natural and realistic but it won't make it less annoying.

If we play make-believe and suppose that Vivi had joined the crew, after the war is over and the Alabasta conflict is solved, there's no reasons for her to be such a cry-baby anymore. And she would toughen up like IntroverTurtle said. So I suppose her most annoying trait would disappear.

But even if she had more character development, I'm not sure if she could make it as a pirate. She is too goody shoes to join Luffy's crew, whose members are good people, but they won't always do nice things. They fight, kill, steal, swear, lie, spy, assassinate, play dirty, hit below the belt and harass sexually. Compared to them Vivi's morality is flawless.

There are several unspoken rules about a new crewmembers. Vivi doesn't fill these criterias. For example, Vivi was ready to blow up the ancient royal palace of immense historical and cultural value for a good cause, so she wouldn't understand Luffy who is willing to sacrifice his life for an ideal. She isn't an idealist like every other Strawhat, her themes surround around material values like peace, safety, economy, food, water, and so on.

As a character type she was a well-developed damsel-in-distress, after her came Conis, Robin, Cindry (kind of), Ace (badass-in-distress), Shirahoshi, Violet and so on. She is a meaningful and well-written character despite our personal feelings towards her.
Jan 10, 2014 11:21 PM
Oct 2013
Reasons why i hate Vivi,
Vivi was a total bitch, Stray hat pirates saved her live many times, put her up, gave her food, took her home, and what does she do? start punching Luffy when she is angry, i fucking loved it when Luffy hit her, she deserved it more then anyone else in the show, i would go and say she is the most hated character i have ever seen on a anime, she contributed nothing to the group, she was always bitching to go home faster, and that is all the reasons why i hate her.
Aug 15, 2021 11:31 AM
Feb 2021
Yes I fucking hated that useless bitch I'm sad she wasn't killed of, if only crocodile just killed her in one quick swoop the joy in my eyes would have made me cry.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Arc with the best Outfits? :)

cannibalsushii - Jun 14, 2023

1 by softpillow »»
Jun 17, 2023 11:35 AM

» changing Monkey D. Luffy's picture

softpillow - Nov 15, 2022

3 by softpillow »»
Jun 17, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Which one of the Strawhat Crew has the saddest story? ( 1 2 )

Zatoichi - Aug 21, 2008

99 by cannibalsushii »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Your Favourite Strawhat Pirate ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Azuriel - Dec 3, 2007

268 by cannibalsushii »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:03 PM

» Your favorite OP villain/opponent? ( 1 2 )

Silberkralle - Aug 21, 2008

65 by someone-aru »»
Jul 18, 2021 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.