Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2022 7:58 PM

Jan 2009
lKingDGl said:
deg said:

dude if you include the author then yes all stories are deterministic

but the story is separate from the author when interpreting it right?

If I didn't include the author, it still deterministic with some exceptions. One exception is when an anime use time travel concepts. My problem is actually why some people use "deterministic world" to explain AoT's controversies, while in fact time travel story couldn't be deterministic (exclude author), unless explained properly.

Take a look in AoT's case, I'll pick the example of Eren killing his mother because that is the most I pissed off, and btw not trying to save her when you can time travel is equal to killing. Have we really seen Eren's doing actions to protect his mother but still ends up killing her? Some people just take this as deterministic while there isn't any proof of it being deterministic.

The "unless explained properly" part in my first paragraph is if we actually see the story where Eren's doing other actions but the result is the same, but we didn't see that so "deterministic world", especially in time travel story, is headcanon.

there are different kinds of time travel though like here which is the more likely case for Attack on Titan

Jan 12, 2022 8:43 PM

Jul 2017
deg said:
lKingDGl said:

If I didn't include the author, it still deterministic with some exceptions. One exception is when an anime use time travel concepts. My problem is actually why some people use "deterministic world" to explain AoT's controversies, while in fact time travel story couldn't be deterministic (exclude author), unless explained properly.

Take a look in AoT's case, I'll pick the example of Eren killing his mother because that is the most I pissed off, and btw not trying to save her when you can time travel is equal to killing. Have we really seen Eren's doing actions to protect his mother but still ends up killing her? Some people just take this as deterministic while there isn't any proof of it being deterministic.

The "unless explained properly" part in my first paragraph is if we actually see the story where Eren's doing other actions but the result is the same, but we didn't see that so "deterministic world", especially in time travel story, is headcanon.

there are different kinds of time travel though like here which is the more likely case for Attack on Titan

Interesting... you are talking about the 1st right? Because the other 2 don't seem likely.

But my point still stands, there is no evidence of fixed timeline, Eren never tried to save his mother.

And even *if* it was fixed timeline, then there will be more controversies.
1. Why Eren need to manipulate his father if the outcome is fixed?
2. What about "the first Eren" in the timeline? The Eren which can't see the future because there is no future yet.

I just need a proper explanation from the author.
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA WRYYYYYYYY
Jan 12, 2022 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
lKingDGl said:
deg said:

Interesting... you are talking about the 1st right? Because the other 2 don't seem likely.

But my point still stands, there is no evidence of fixed timeline, Eren never tried to save his mother.

2. What about "the first Eren" in the timeline? The Eren which can't see the future because there is no future yet.

yes im talking about the first the fixed timeline aka deterministic universe

well there are hints like the PATHS makes you experience the past and present and future as ONE (or fixed timeline in other words) according to Zeke and Eren
Jan 12, 2022 9:00 PM

Jul 2017
deg said:
lKingDGl said:

yes im talking about the first the fixed timeline aka deterministic universe

well there are hints like the PATHS makes you experience the past and present and future as ONE (or fixed timeline in other words) according to Zeke and Eren

Yes, I'm aware of paths.

But still it is not a proper explanation, I still haven't seen Eren tried to change something. At least that Hitler example tried to change the baby.
Jan 14, 2022 10:43 AM

May 2016
Rather than the whole timeline being fixed, I thinks things work much better if Eldians have fixed life spans dictated by the coordinate.

The events of the timeline can be altered, but not when Eldians will die, as long as the coordinate remains active.

It's why Eren says "it's wasn't time for Bertholdt to die yet", a timeline in which Bertholdt died at that moment was not allowed by the coordinate, so he had no choice but to manipulate Dyna towards his mom.
On the same breath, Eren's mom was always destined to die at that point anyway, it was only a matter of how she died, but she had to die in that specific way for the current timeline to be forged.

Eren wanted for Armin and Mikasa to live long lives, but he probably saw that the coordinate didn't want that for them. The only possibility for them to live long lives was for the coordinate to be dispelled, in other words, for the titan curse to be lifted. So Eren HAD to forge a timeline in which Mikasa would slay him in front of Ymir.

Unfortunately, this is nothing more than some hardcore headcanon or interpretation, but I find that it makes a lot of things fit neatly.
HyperLJan 14, 2022 10:56 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jan 15, 2022 1:02 AM

Jan 2009
also ive been thinking this more and it seems obvious enough with the new OP and ED

one of the main theme of Attack on Titan is that we are all slave to something and Eren is a slave for his love of Mikasa and his friends so thats why he could not complete the rumbling as well, if Ymir or the worm is really not the factor on why the rumbling did not go 100% world genocide
Jan 16, 2022 5:33 PM

Dec 2017
HyperL said:
Rather than the whole timeline being fixed, I thinks things work much better if Eldians have fixed life spans dictated by the coordinate.

The events of the timeline can be altered, but not when Eldians will die, as long as the coordinate remains active.

It's why Eren says "it's wasn't time for Bertholdt to die yet", a timeline in which Bertholdt died at that moment was not allowed by the coordinate, so he had no choice but to manipulate Dyna towards his mom.
On the same breath, Eren's mom was always destined to die at that point anyway, it was only a matter of how she died, but she had to die in that specific way for the current timeline to be forged.

Eren wanted for Armin and Mikasa to live long lives, but he probably saw that the coordinate didn't want that for them. The only possibility for them to live long lives was for the coordinate to be dispelled, in other words, for the titan curse to be lifted. So Eren HAD to forge a timeline in which Mikasa would slay him in front of Ymir.

Unfortunately, this is nothing more than some hardcore headcanon or interpretation, but I find that it makes a lot of things fit neatly.
Dina's mindless titan was one among many abnormal titans we've seen throughout the series, so its odd behavior―of not targeting a Titan shifter like Berthold―can be explained by just that; it was an irregular mindless titan. The smiling titan might as well still cling to Dina's dying wish to find Grisha again no matter what.

Eren wasn't the one who directed it towards Carla nor did he need to.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 16, 2022 5:38 PM

Jan 2009
lol this ending will make you guess a lot for sure maybe Eren is only following the PATH made by Ymir who has plans for Mikasa

its all for the choice of Mikasa in the end so thats why he cannot complete the rumbling

so is Mikasa the one that can do a choice out of real free will? since their universe is a fixed timeline or deterministic universe where free will or freedom does not exist

i hope the anime expand that ending more to tie more loose ends like this
Jan 17, 2022 12:04 AM

Jul 2017
I think a lot of people don't mind AoT being romance (me included). But the problem is Eren's can't even say it to Mikasa correctly (Like in marley's flashback), or even in the real world other than paths dream (but even in a dream it seems he couldn't confess it either). So, Eren ended being a simp because of that (And simping is one of the controversies).

I wrote this because I just realized no one complaint about Falco's romance. But that just maybe because Falco is a chad. Even in desperate situation where he can become mindless titan any second, he still confess his love.
Jan 17, 2022 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
Jan 24, 2022 3:36 AM

Dec 2020
lKingDGl said:
deg said:

The AoT universe is deterministic. The first example used in that picture explaining Time Travel explains the Time Travel in AoT.

Eren manipulated his father because that was what was supposed to happen. When Eren was a child, future Eren manipulated his father into killing and stealing the Founding and when Eren grew up, he simply carried out the same thing that had already happened. That is why there is no true freedom in AoT. And Eren could never achieve it.

And there is no "first" Eren. The past, the present and the future happen at the same time and everyone just carries out their duty.
troilus_05sJan 24, 2022 3:40 AM
Jan 24, 2022 3:45 AM

Dec 2020
lKingDGl said:
I think a lot of people don't mind AoT being romance (me included). But the problem is Eren's can't even say it to Mikasa correctly (Like in marley's flashback), or even in the real world other than paths dream (but even in a dream it seems he couldn't confess it either). So, Eren ended being a simp because of that (And simping is one of the controversies).

I wrote this because I just realized no one complaint about Falco's romance. But that just maybe because Falco is a chad. Even in desperate situation where he can become mindless titan any second, he still confess his love.

Eren didn't want to confess his love because he had seen the future memories at that point and he knew what was going to happen. So, he started to distance himself from his friends because the more he distanced himself, the less grief his death causes. Of course, Eren never wanted to do it. Hence, his breakdown in the final chapter. He didn't want to die but it was set in stone. AoT is a deterministic universe where the future has already happened and the characters just carry out their roles. Everyone is oblivious to this and think they have free will. Eren was the only one who knew what was going to happen and that he could do nothing to prevent it.
Jan 24, 2022 4:03 AM

Jul 2017
troilus_05s said:
lKingDGl said:

Eren didn't want to confess his love because he had seen the future memories at that point and he knew what was going to happen. So, he started to distance himself from his friends because the more he distanced himself, the less grief his death causes. Of course, Eren never wanted to do it. Hence, his breakdown in the final chapter. He didn't want to die but it was set in stone. AoT is a deterministic universe where the future has already happened and the characters just carry out their roles. Everyone is oblivious to this and think they have free will. Eren was the only one who knew what was going to happen and that he could do nothing to prevent it.

Please stop this "deterministic world" thing. Eren NEVER tried to change anything even if he know the future so there is no evidence of deterministic. You watch jojo so you must know how deterministic world really is. Even if AoT is "deterministic", failing to ever tried to change the future is bad.

Also about what you quote from me, yes eren will never wanted for his friends to grief more. But does Falco want the opposite? No, that's why Falco is a chad
Jan 24, 2022 4:25 AM

Dec 2020
lKingDGl said:
troilus_05s said:

Please stop this "deterministic world" thing. Eren NEVER tried to change anything even if he know the future so there is no evidence of deterministic. You watch jojo so you must know how deterministic world really is. Even if AoT is "deterministic", failing to ever tried to change the future is bad.

Also about what you quote from me, yes eren will never wanted for his friends to grief more. But does Falco want the opposite? No, that's why Falco is a chad

Maybe Eren did try to change and he understood he can't? I agree that there should have been some scenes with Eren trying to change, but that doesn't change the fact that AoT's Universe is deterministic. The way Eren manipulates his father is clear proof that AoT follows a Fixed Time Travel Approach.
Eren smiles after he is told that Sasha has died which is proof that Eren knows he can't change the future. This means he has atleast tried to change it but failed and understood that the future is really unchangeable.
Jan 24, 2022 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
troilus_05s said:
lKingDGl said:

Maybe Eren did try to change and he understood he can't? I agree that there should have been some scenes with Eren trying to change, but that doesn't change the fact that AoT's Universe is deterministic. The way Eren manipulates his father is clear proof that AoT follows a Fixed Time Travel Approach.
Eren smiles after he is told that Sasha has died which is proof that Eren knows he can't change the future. This means he has atleast tried to change it but failed and understood that the future is really unchangeable.

ok stop with "maybe'. And no, providing details of what eren tried to change, not changing any fact, but it relieve a lot of controversies.

Also people trying so much to defend "deterministic world". But even fixed timeline CAN be changed you know. Hitler example from above messages. Sure there will be a baby that will become hitler. BUT, e.g. we can change that baby appearance. Like if we change the baby to chinese then there will be chinese hitler because DNA can't be changed, also the fact that the baby changed is what change fixed timeline too. Example from what Eren SHOULD have do : Change his mother to someone else so it still deterministic that someone would be eaten by Dina, but it's not his mother, same like that hitler example.
Jan 24, 2022 5:45 AM

Dec 2020
lKingDGl said:
troilus_05s said:

ok stop with "maybe'. And no, providing details of what eren tried to change, not changing any fact, but it relieve a lot of controversies.

Also people trying so much to defend "deterministic world". But even fixed timeline CAN be changed you know. Hitler example from above messages. Sure there will be a baby that will become hitler. BUT, e.g. we can change that baby appearance. Like if we change the baby to chinese then there will be chinese hitler because DNA can't be changed, also the fact that the baby changed is what change fixed timeline too. Example from what Eren SHOULD have do : Change his mother to someone else so it still deterministic that someone would be eaten by Dina, but it's not his mother, same like that hitler example.

The Hitler example isn't a good example of a Deterministic Universe. A deterministic universe is something like JoJo or Harry Potter. It is fated to happen. And I only said "maybe" once and there is proof for that "maybe". Deterministic Universes cannot be changed at all.

And if we still aren't on the same page, let's stop this discussion.
Jan 24, 2022 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
troilus_05s said:
lKingDGl said:

The Hitler example isn't a good example of a Deterministic Universe. A deterministic universe is something like JoJo or Harry Potter. It is fated to happen. And I only said "maybe" once and there is proof for that "maybe". Deterministic Universes cannot be changed at all.

Yes we still aren't on the same page, but it is up to me if I want to continue this.

I agree jojo is deterministic, and it is explained really good why it is deterministic not like aot.

But, if hitler example not a good example, then i don't know anymore, because i have seen some people use that to explain fixed timeline in their argument. In terms of physics's theory, that is great. Also, even if jojo is your good example of deterministic universe, why some events can still be changed?. Yes there are deterministic things in jojo, but also a LOT of undeterministic things, i can't spoil jojo here but you should know, and I'm NOT talking about the changed outcome from a fight but the progress to it, and that is the undeterministic. That undeterministic things is what I seek in aot

yes, eren smile after sasha dead, but why is it a proof? have you seen the before-after from eren's action that sasha still dead? no.
Jan 24, 2022 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
lKingDGl said:
troilus_05s said:

Eren wanted this future, he wanted to do the rumbling, he says it himself multiple times, he didn't try to change anything because the future was exactly the result of Eren's own desires
Jan 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
Jabungus said:
lKingDGl said:

Eren wanted this future, he wanted to do the rumbling, he says it himself multiple times, he didn't try to change anything because the future was exactly the result of Eren's own desires

That makes Eren even worse in my eyes. But at least that kinda explain why he didn't try to save anyone.
Feb 1, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
I really don’t like how they’re skipping 123. Arguably one of the most important chapters of the story. It was placed perfectly in my opinion. I guess it will be at the start of this supposed movie?
Feb 1, 2022 12:10 PM

Oct 2020
Just_Away said:
I really don’t like how they’re skipping 123. Arguably one of the most important chapters of the story. It was placed perfectly in my opinion. I guess it will be at the start of this supposed movie?
I personally believe they'll do it after 129 and before 130.
Feb 2, 2022 1:51 AM

Dec 2020
Just_Away said:

They will adapt it with 130 but I agree, it was placed perfectly.
Feb 3, 2022 6:32 PM

Jan 2015
Why did Grisha inject Eren if he asked Zeke to stop him?
Feb 3, 2022 7:59 PM
May 2018
Just_Away said:
If he didn’t, then Eren never would have been able to come into contact with Zeke and bully him into killing the Reiss family, which would have created a paradox. The best explanation I’ve seen is that Eren still hadn’t shown Grisha what happened to Carla before the conversation with Zeke, so he may have used that to push him over the edge like he did with Faye.
Feb 4, 2022 1:40 AM

Aug 2014
Has there been any news regarding the English dub for AOT Final part 2?

I havent been able to find anything from Toonami or Funimation or any news. I know last year after 4-5 episodes came out, thats when Toonami first aired episode 1 English dub

I watch AOT english dub.
Feb 4, 2022 2:58 AM

Dec 2020
ooo333 said:

I havent been able to find anything from Toonami or Funimation or any news. I know last year after 4-5 episodes came out, thats when Toonami first aired episode 1 English dub

I watch AOT english dub.

No official information but based on the previous seasons, it should start airing this week or the next.
Feb 4, 2022 3:17 AM
May 2021
Imo the ending we got is like the only logical conclusion but it was rushed badly executed and had awful dialogue. But hopefully the anime will improve some bits. And getting a movie is better in every aspect as well.
Feb 4, 2022 3:22 AM

Sep 2019
Isuru_Chamikara said:
Imo the ending we got is like the only logical conclusion but it was rushed badly executed and had awful dialogue. But hopefully the anime will improve some bits. And getting a movie is better in every aspect as well.
I will love one episode ova but didn't movie will make it more rushed?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 4, 2022 12:35 PM

Oct 2020
Just_Away said:

Eren just manipulated Grisha into giving him the injection the same way as we saw in the latest ep.

ooo333 said:

I watch AOT english dub.

English dub is premiering Feb 13, when ep6 of the sub gets released.
I_Am_FreeballingFeb 4, 2022 1:18 PM
Feb 10, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2020
I had 9 notifs of quoted replies which were deleted. I don't know which thread it was now so if bums wanted to fight here I am.
Feb 19, 2022 9:22 AM
Oct 2015
Anyone Knows what happened to Paolo on Twitter?

He is the guy who leaked the info that this part was 12 ep long and will end on ch 131.
Feb 19, 2022 11:21 AM
May 2018
MAQS said:

He is the guy who leaked the info that this part was 12 ep long and will end on ch 131.
Not sure if it will be more permanent this time, but it was also taken down a couple of months ago for a few days. He recently hinted that he had more information regarding the placement of chapter 123 and 130, as well as what form the sequel to will take.
littlewillie610Feb 19, 2022 11:25 AM
Feb 19, 2022 12:14 PM
Oct 2015
littlewillie610 said:
MAQS said:

Not sure if it will be more permanent this time, but it was also taken down a couple of months ago for a few days. He recently hinted that he had more information regarding the placement of chapter 123 and 130, as well as what form the sequel to will take.

Wait hold up.

He was about to spill the beans and got his account closed?
Feb 19, 2022 4:49 PM

Oct 2020
MAQS said:

He closes his account every once in a while. Especially when it gets hectic.
Feb 19, 2022 5:02 PM
Oct 2015
I_Am_Freeballing said:
MAQS said:

Oh I see....huh interesting I wonder how juicy is his info
Feb 19, 2022 5:05 PM

Oct 2020
MAQS said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

I actually just checked now and he's reactivated.
Feb 19, 2022 6:40 PM
May 2018
MAQS said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

He said that he didn’t want to get into specifics until he was 100% sure about it.
Feb 27, 2022 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
spoil me please since im too lazy to re-read the manga again

who is this again?

degFeb 27, 2022 12:00 PM
Feb 27, 2022 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
It's Shadis, he mentions it when he was talking to Magath before they blow up the Marleyan cruiser.
Feb 27, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
FDB96 said:
It's Shadis, he mentions it when he was talking to Magath before they blow up the Marleyan cruiser.

yep thanks for that
Mar 14, 2022 12:37 PM

Aug 2012
I was wondering, Mappa never said that its going to be only 12 Episodes.

I bet they are going to announce that Final Season Part 2 will feature 16 Episodes on March 27th, which coincidentally would fit the amount of chapters left.
Mar 27, 2022 2:39 AM

Nov 2020
BD release date for part 2 confirmed

Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 2 - Blu-Ray Volume Release Dates

Volume 1 - July 20th, 2022
Volume 2 - August 17th, 2022

https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1508013458691792901
Apr 10, 2022 2:56 AM
Feb 2020
Kaiokek said:
FireFistYK said:
It's funny how I've avoided anything AoT related since the ending, because the ending was so bad that it actually hurt me. It was a valuable lesson though, to not trust an author like he/she can do no wrong.

But the new opening and ending somehow have healed me, they're so good and especially the lyrics and the meaning behind them. The ending is still hot garbage and will be unless they give us an AOE or at least change up Erens dialogue with Armin at the end, but now I'm at least looking forward to the season.

The first few episodes will be peak fiction at least so that's worth hyping up but the bad ending aside, let's just enjoy the final season of a monumental anime for the industry as a whole

That's your opinion, and you opinion is wrong. The ending was exactly what it was supposed to be. I do not understand why people are som mad about the ending just because it was not what every sweaty redditor predicted it to be. It was the author's vision, and I trust him and the ending was what he was leading the entire story into.

The ending wasn't what it's supposed to be, you should admit it was very lacking especially for people like me who waited for years and just finished it after almost 2 years since the release of the final chapter just to be underwhelmed by the author, it feels like something broke inside me,
Apr 10, 2022 3:02 AM
Feb 2020
lKingDGl said:
troilus_05s said:

Yes we still aren't on the same page, but it is up to me if I want to continue this.

I agree jojo is deterministic, and it is explained really good why it is deterministic not like aot.

But, if hitler example not a good example, then i don't know anymore, because i have seen some people use that to explain fixed timeline in their argument. In terms of physics's theory, that is great. Also, even if jojo is your good example of deterministic universe, why some events can still be changed?. Yes there are deterministic things in jojo, but also a LOT of undeterministic things, i can't spoil jojo here but you should know, and I'm NOT talking about the changed outcome from a fight but the progress to it, and that is the undeterministic. That undeterministic things is what I seek in aot

yes, eren smile after sasha dead, but why is it a proof? have you seen the before-after from eren's action that sasha still dead? no.

You people are definitely overthinking this whole thing, the thing we know for is what author wrote and he didn't wrote anything good enough, eren and mikasa didn't even get a face to face conversation in the present, there wasn't any closure at all, overall it could've be more polished
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.