Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 30, 2021 9:50 AM

Jan 2021
Johan truly is a monster.
Anyways this was a great episode.
Sep 11, 2021 5:43 AM

Mar 2021
holy shit johannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

now i can see how he manipulate people

and richard's died, i had a bad feeling about meeting his daughter all this time so yea
Sep 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 2021
man just yeeted his life with a pen,

RIP Richard, maybe this is the fate for people who knows a lot about Johan, get their mind fucked by Johan himself
🐐

Oct 12, 2021 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Johan a true genius of a psychopath. In a twisted way impressive how he manages to manipulate people through exploiting their own guilty actions.

The therapist and Rudy (dr. Gillen) now knowing Johan's identity will most likely also die soon...

Nov 28, 2021 12:11 PM
Nov 2020
Oh my god this is the best ep so far , just amazing
Dec 6, 2021 6:28 AM

Aug 2020
We finally get to see Johan in action. His manipulative work.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 23, 2021 11:29 PM

Jul 2016
Richard went from being the most skilled detective to the most retarded one in the span of 21 minutes. Can't believe they guy actually followed the suspect of his investigation around town to the most isolated area you could think of AND let himself being manipulated with some cheap ass psychology.
Feb 9, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2021
Nah man that was not right man Johan is a menace the way he smiled has he pulled out that bottle of vodka it was so evil
Feb 17, 2022 6:06 PM

May 2018
Mar 12, 2022 3:14 PM

Jun 2020
wtf was richard trying to gain when he followed johan all the way up there
Mar 18, 2022 12:49 AM

Jan 2020
I knew it! What pisses me off about this kind of show is that they never document shit. They're dealing with a serial killer who planned several murders 4 years in advance. This same person seems to have collected a lot of information about all his victims, why wouldn't you suspect anything? Not to mention that Richard was in a near death situation twice on the same day. Sure, they seemed as accidents, but they also happened to happen when he started looking things up about Johan. Why would you follow a suspect to a place like that? Like the moment he'd mentioned his daughter, Richard should have run for his life.

Good episode nonetheless. Seeing Johan in action is interesting. Smart and manipulative person with lots of power. Jugens must not be the only one who committed suicide because of Johan. He plays with them and drives them into a corner ensuring that they'll end their life. Jesus.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 18, 2022 7:53 AM

Aug 2020
samashi20 said:
I knew it! What pisses me off about this kind of show is that they never document shit. They're dealing with a serial killer who planned several murders 4 years in advance. This same person seems to have collected a lot of information about all his victims, why wouldn't you suspect anything? Not to mention that Richard was in a near death situation twice on the same day. Sure, they seemed as accidents, but they also happened to happen when he started looking things up about Johan. Why would you follow a suspect to a place like that? Like the moment he'd mentioned his daughter, Richard should have run for his life.
Man was mentally unstable after all that's happened which clearly affected his sound judgment. Well, this is a "psychological" show after all.

Good episode nonetheless. Seeing Johan in action is interesting. Smart and manipulative person with lots of power. Jugens must not be the only one who committed suicide because of Johan. He plays with them and drives them into a corner ensuring that they'll end their life. Jesus.
ikr. Glad you liked it.
Apr 10, 2022 7:48 AM
Mar 2020
It was so clear that Richard would die once he found out, but damm, sadness
fast2611Apr 10, 2022 8:27 AM
Apr 27, 2022 5:09 PM
Aug 2020
rip Richard

Damn Johan is a beast
Apr 27, 2022 8:36 PM
Dec 2021
Episode 29 left me absolutely speechless. Johan managed to manipulate Richard in such a cunning way it's unbelievable. I was falling for his trap too bruh by almost stopping being on Richard's side. Not to mention Jurgens' suicide at the sight of Johan's picture... I really want to hate Johan for what he's done but it was executed so brilliantly that I can't help but admire him. This antagonist really is something else.
May 9, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
Wait so there are 2 Liebert families? They're different from the family that adopted both twins when they were younger? Anyway, I noticed another message this story's tryna convey is that detectives need to get their shit together with their families, or maybe that wasn't intentional
Jul 18, 2022 10:40 PM
Apr 2020
People are acting like Johan is so evil for manipulating the detective, but if anything all he did was make him confront his true crime of murdering a 17 year old cold blooded
Aug 16, 2022 1:15 PM

Mar 2022
R.I.P
I wished he would see his daughter before death. It's sad :(
Oct 2, 2022 6:42 PM
Sep 2022
CTMMMMM EL FINAL DEL CAPITULO DEMASIADO ÉPICOOOO
Lo que lleva la guatona!:
Jan 11, 2023 2:16 AM
May 2020
Johan is the ultimate gaslighter
Jan 13, 2023 2:01 AM
Oct 2019
There we have it. The greatest manipulator ever.
Johan is such a genius monster to be honest.
He just cleared Richard out of his way.
Jan 18, 2023 1:57 PM
Nov 2019
the manipulation !!
Jan 28, 2023 6:39 AM
Sep 2007
So, the detective was sober when he shot the suspect? Guy need a really good lawyer. By pulling a trigger he was essentially a vigilante, which is not exacly a legal course of action.

And that's assuming it wasn't just Johan's very convincing lie. 

Just because you think somoeone is a crimial doesn't give you right to take someone's life.
korsarzJan 28, 2023 7:44 AM
Feb 5, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
masterpiece!!!!!!

Feb 7, 2023 7:31 AM
Jan 2023
Good f'ing episode!
Feb 23, 2023 6:39 PM
Jan 2019
I can't really understand Richard's guilt. His hallucinations show the teenager pointing a gun at him, in other words, a serial killer points a gun at a cop, the cop strikes back and shoots him and the guilt after years is enough to make him kill himself?
Apr 3, 2023 11:05 PM

Aug 2019
I knew it was coming, but it's still sad that a detective who was doing an excellent job of uncovering the truth had to die.

Huge red flag when he purchased the bottle. He's going to make it appear as if he was drunk when he died or something.

Rip Richard
May 13, 2023 8:37 AM
May 2017
So, the detective killed the boy because of he felt no sympathy toward his crime. I don't think he wasn't a serial killer. But we can see that his frustration from having incomplete cases clearly send him toward a downward spiral that put him in that place.
May 21, 2023 9:01 PM

Oct 2022
Oh... that Johan's iconic scene was just..

Poor Richard didn't even get a chance to see his daughter for the last time.
May 23, 2023 12:06 PM

Mar 2016
Richard was so close man, so close....
He, admitted that he fucked up when he was drunk and killed an underaged killer, Went to rehab with a doctor and eventually got through his PTSD, Fixed his relationship with his family after coming forward with his errors, Managed to ease various victims' family members by coming to them and promising to investigate their murders when the police no longer do so, Managed to string a bunch of seemingly unrelated cases into 1 with the help of his doctor, Managed to trace the culprit to Johan using his experience as a detective and his instinct as a father,  Managed to evade several assassination attempts thanks to being sober and quick on his feet. This man singlehandedly has the potential to solve all the recent murder mysteries, appoint Johan as the mastermind and culprit, prove that Tenma is innocent, and quite literally end the show.

Alas, that is not the case...
Johan lured knew Richard suspected him, therefore he lured Richard away Johan every so often blurts out something which increasingly piques Richard's own curiosity, curiosities that would eventually allow Johan to isolate him, and break his mental strength down until it's weak enough where a bottle of whiskey is all that it would take to end Richard's own life for good. Johan stated that Richard wasn't drunk when he shot the kid, but whether that's true or not is hard to discern, Johan can just about convince anyone to believe any reality he wishes for them to be deluded by. 

What a shame, I liked Richard, even with his flaws, he's making a great comeback in his life, but he's just 1 step short of seeing the days ahead of him. Never has he intended to commit suicide but Johan know all the steps he has got to take to make anyone do anything. What a Monster.
Jun 6, 2023 9:32 PM
Jan 2022
Ah the whiskey aged fine
Jun 13, 2023 12:20 PM
Apr 2020
That was absolutely perfect, everything I could've hoped for out of this episode
Jun 28, 2023 7:54 PM

Dec 2022
Johan is such a dangerous yet not so dangerous monster. Even when he doesn't have any screentime in some episodes it still feels like as if he's there watching everything unfold.
Anyways rip Richard, his guilt was alr quite the top only for Johan to raise the bar even further which led to the poor man's demise.
SanessyAdversaryJun 28, 2023 7:57 PM

Aug 20, 2023 2:13 AM
Dec 2022
The Execution was on point.
Sep 1, 2023 2:00 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Tengai
What the fuck just happen!!!! I fell asleep halfway of the episode and I woke up after 2 hours and had to rewind the video I haven't even had lunch well I'm about to.

Johann you sly motherfucker he's about to see his daughter tomorrow yet you killed him well it's bound to happen I'm expecting it. I like how he can manipulate other people well I think I can do that in real life hehe.
@Tengai The question arises did Johan really kill him or did Richard killed himself?Richard is a good guy but fell in a wrong situation so he could have killed himself because of the guilt he had by killing the guy who he killed back then.
Knowing that makes him feel really bad.

Johan just said you are guilty,he is acting like a cop here ,cool as a cucumber.He does have tendencies to kill ,but he won't kill for no reason. He does recognise innocent when he sees it.

Richard must have killed himself.

There was thing about Johan's character in first few episodes,where he is cool and nice ,but at the same time a Devil. He likes to see how people would react in different situations.In fear.

Basically he is the Evil version of a Good guy

He just said one statement and Ruchard fumbled
Sep 1, 2023 2:13 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to camspx
the manipulation !!
@camspx it not manipulation ,he is being just here 😂.It seems like manipulation but not .The show forces you to think that he is manipulating. Johan is just "Testing"
Sep 22, 2023 11:24 PM
May 2020
Damn Johan :c :c
Poor Richard
Oct 10, 2023 11:10 AM
Nov 2020
The moment HE SAID "would you like whiskey" it was BRIALLIANT O M G how can he be such calm,kind,humble and evil,psychopath,manipulator at the same time Man i lost my shit on this episode one of the best just seeing him is soo cool what a villain
Oct 10, 2023 11:10 AM
Nov 2020
The moment HE SAID "would you like whiskey" it was BRIALLIANT O M G how can he be such calm,kind,humble and evil,psychopath,manipulator at the same time Man i lost my shit on this episode one of the best just seeing him is soo cool what a villain
Oct 26, 2023 3:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Brutal verbal dismantlement.
Nov 19, 2023 11:42 PM
May 2012
Reply to Mack_Yeager
@Tengai The question arises did Johan really kill him or did Richard killed himself?Richard is a good guy but fell in a wrong situation so he could have killed himself because of the guilt he had by killing the guy who he killed back then.
Knowing that makes him feel really bad.

Johan just said you are guilty,he is acting like a cop here ,cool as a cucumber.He does have tendencies to kill ,but he won't kill for no reason. He does recognise innocent when he sees it.

Richard must have killed himself.

There was thing about Johan's character in first few episodes,where he is cool and nice ,but at the same time a Devil. He likes to see how people would react in different situations.In fear.

Basically he is the Evil version of a Good guy

He just said one statement and Ruchard fumbled
@Mack_Yeager Damn my post is so cringe tho haha, but I guess you are right.
Jan 28, 2:26 PM
Apr 2021
Pieza maestra donde para mi se muestra la bestia no, mas bien dicho el mounstruo manipulador que es Johan donde podemos ver que sin tanto esfuerzo puede llegar a calar en la mente de las personas de tal manera como para que el detective Richard muera
Feb 11, 2:42 PM
Feb 2024
Excellent episode
Feb 26, 10:17 AM
Apr 2014
For fucks sake... Just when I started to warm up to Richard. Really thought he was smarter than that. Like... you know Johan is shady at best, a murderer at worst. Why would you follow him into some quiet location in the middle of the night? In the middle of their investigation? Just wait one goddamn day until you get the result of your doc and his students interview.

I was really hoping it wouldn't happen. Feeling the worst for his daughter that wanted to reconnect to him. The death flags were so apparent this episode though. When her call came in it was crystal clear Richard wouldn't survive the night.

It's going to be interesting to see how it resolves at the end. I kind of want Tenma to find Johan but at the same time it's uncool that Tenma might become a murderer himself if he goes through with it. Technically he should be punished for his crimes properly but what are the chances prison actually would be punishment for him? Johan is way too relaxed. He'll just wait it out and continue whatever his plans are.
Apr 5, 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
The scene at the beginning with the kids playing and Johan asked one of them the kind of world they plan to build after world conquest. Seeing Johan's response (or lack thereof) is very chilling.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.