Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2021 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
I must be the most oblivious person on the planet bc I did not notice a single hint that Anna is destiny. Could someone just basically explain that whole situation lol
Dec 21, 2021 10:25 AM

May 2015
Now that's a good wrap-up, and it all makes sense as to why the game got delayed.

This turned out to be a decent prequel for a mobage. Even with all the plotholes and nonsense considered, I still enjoyed the whole run all throughout.

Props to everyone who were involved with animating this show.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Dec 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Jul 2011
Destiny "dying" I just could think of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the life connection and becoming a object.

I pity whoever had to clean Sagan's office and home, masochist like him and rich, must have a serious BDSM dungeon in one of these 2 places or both.

Now Anna is a Power Ranger because now Destiny is a morphing device.Power of music, Ranger Destiny.

Dec 21, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2021
this needs an episode 13 explaining what happened in the last part of episode 12.
Dec 21, 2021 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
MegamiRem said:
Welp so Destiny dies after all, no wonder they set up Anna x Takt ship.

Pretty meh anime overall storywise but atleast wasn't a complete waste of time thnx to the action scenes. Proly gonna forget about this anime soon enough thou.
you missed a post credits scene lol
Dec 21, 2021 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
MegamiRem said:
Welp so Destiny dies after all, no wonder they set up Anna x Takt ship.

Pretty meh anime overall storywise but atleast wasn't a complete waste of time thnx to the action scenes. Proly gonna forget about this anime soon enough thou.
you missed a post credits scene lol
Dec 21, 2021 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
So it finally ended huh. Guess I'll just say my final thoughts on this anime.

It actually had pretty good SFX an animation as they promised, but there just wasn't enough of it. Ironically, the OST wasn't very good for an anime based around music. The story was kinda shallow and didn't get me very invested in it. It's meh characters didn't help either. Not to mention, our three antagonists were one of the worst I've seen in my first year of watching anime.

It did quite a good job as being an ad, since in the end, like I predicted, it turns out that it's just a prequel to their mobile gacha game. If you want a real ending and a story you're going to have to play that.

For being a collaboration project by Madhouse and Mappa it's at one side really fitting and at the other side propably the most dissapointing thing this season.
SnowBrighttDec 21, 2021 10:45 AM
Dec 21, 2021 10:37 AM
Apr 2021
Anyone else slightly confused at Sagans goal?
Dec 21, 2021 10:41 AM

Oct 2020
This was such an utter disappointment. I don't know why I expected more from a 12 episode ad for a moblie gacha game. All this turned out to be was some flashy visuals with a barebones "emotional" plot. Except for when the visuals were a literal slideshow for like 2 min during Sagan's backstory.

The final fight between Destiny and the Steven Universe fusion was ok I guess? It started off kind of boring with her just standing there. But once they actually started fighting it was kind of enjoyable.

All the stuff with Sagan was borderline nonsensical, his goal made no sense at all. It really felt like they made some bullshit up on the spot so we would have a big bad to defeat in the final episode.

The moment between Takt and Destiny was nice, although it did just feel like a clone of Guilty Crown.

Overall I'll probably give this a 5/10. I really had my hopes up for the first few episodes. Its a shame it ended up here.

ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ sᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs? ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ… ʜᴇʜᴇʜ.

ɪ’ᴍ ᴛʀᴜʟʏ ʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴜs. ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪsʜᴇs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ.
🅢🅞🅤🅡🅒🅔
Dec 21, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
LiamRL said:
Anyone else slightly confused at Sagans goal?

Yes, don't worry

(character count, aaaah)
Dec 21, 2021 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
BucciaratiBruno said:
This was such an utter disappointment. I don't know why I expected more from a 12 episode ad for a moblie gacha game. All this turned out to be was some flashy visuals with a barebones "emotional" plot. Except for when the visuals were a literal slideshow for like 2 min during Sagan's backstory.

The final fight between Destiny and the Steven Universe fusion was ok I guess? It started off kind of boring with her just standing there. But once they actually started fighting it was kind of enjoyable.

All the stuff with Sagan was borderline nonsensical, his goal made no sense at all. It really felt like they made some bullshit up on the spot so we would have a big bad to defeat in the final episode.

The moment between Takt and Destiny was nice, although it did just feel like a clone of Guilty Crown.

Overall I'll probably give this a 5/10. I really had my hopes up for the first few episodes. Its a shame it ended up here.

Good mini-review. Agreed completely.
Dec 21, 2021 10:44 AM
Jun 2021
I liked it actually, thought it was a decent finale for a short anime. We get some closure for Takt and Destiny and she grew so much from that no-feelings Musicart that she learned to love. It was sweet.
Agreed though that the fight scene had gorgeous animation but wasn't that great by itself.
Also, haven't seen anyone talking about this much, but I really liked the war scenes flashback, it was very well made and effective.
Dec 21, 2021 10:58 AM
Feb 2021
Does anyone understand what happened???
Dec 21, 2021 11:13 AM

Jun 2021
Ryuseishun said:
Just a few hours ago, Bandai Namco released this promotional video for the mobile as if to follow up on the post-credits scene. So yea this whole anime was essentially a prequel to the mobile game just as I suspected.

So yea, Anna is the Destiny in the mobile game after all, hence the notable differences in design, voice, and personality from Cossette's version of Destiny.

Unfortunately this does not at all save the anime itself. Everything felt so off. Sure it had some interesting ideas and themes at hand, but did essentially nothing cohesive at all. The pacing was dreadful, the characters turned out shallow overall, the worldbuilding was god awful, and the general story direction was just a heave-ho of a mess. Hell even the aesthetic composition was immensely inconsistent due to lack of production health.

I feel embarrassed even having a significant amount of optimism at the start, but it just goes to show that big name collabs don't necessarily translate to something good. Madhouse and Mappa should've spent their time on something more useful than this. I might check out the game just out of curiosity, but if the anime was really trying to promote it, it really plain sucked at doing it.

In short, Takt Op Destiny turned out as nothing but a hollow display, a synthetic rose, a painting vaguely drawn with no deeper meaning beyond the pretty colors....an aesthetically bountiful waste of time.

I'm so sad Cosette died :( but well, atleast Anna is the new Destiny
Dec 21, 2021 11:14 AM
Apr 2021
definition of animation carried
Dec 21, 2021 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
wtf Anna became a new Musicart, so there are 3 souls (Destiny, Cosette, Anna) in one body now huh

action was great too
Dec 21, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 2021
What happened to takt after timeskip?
Dec 21, 2021 11:24 AM
Oct 2018
Well, this was a subpar show that no one would have cared about if not for madhouse x mappa. Good action scenes, average story.
Dec 21, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2021
Mr_In7fi7ni7ty said:
Now it makes sense. Did you watch the promo video of the game there was this necklace too. Now it makes sense that Destiny's breasts are bigger because it's Anna.

I love that upgrade xD Anna is my favourite girl from this show
Dec 21, 2021 11:33 AM
Oct 2016
Does anyone know why myanimelist is showing that airing dates have finished but the amount of episodes is unknown? Do you think there would be any new episode (I don't think so but just curios)?
Dec 21, 2021 11:36 AM

Dec 2021
i really did love this show- it might have been one of my favorites, actually. but the last 2 eps were just so messy lol idk. kinda hated ep 12.
<3
Dec 21, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 2020
Nice show remeinded me of Guilty Crown, prob a reason i liked so much
Dec 21, 2021 11:44 AM

Nov 2020
hmm sorry to say this but I'm kinda dissapointed om the fight scene, although girls punching each other is fun to watch. So it ended up that there is still D2s and Cosette dies. Not that bad it isn't that fun to watch though. and it isn't the type of anime that you will remember for years. it also lack some epilogue it needs 2mins more for epilogue. the animation wasn't good it was only good at the first episode and some scenes but it failed at the final battle.
Dec 21, 2021 11:45 AM

Apr 2019

lol okay now it's offfficially poor Symphogear clone
the_joeDec 21, 2021 12:05 PM
Dec 21, 2021 11:50 AM

Jan 2020
I'm still annoyed that they never explained how Cosette's necklace turned her into a Musicart.
Also, why did Destiny vanish? It doesn't make sense at all.
Overall, other than the animation, this show was pretty average. The characters were boring and I didn't like the story that much either.
Dec 21, 2021 11:50 AM

May 2021
Final episode! I have some opinions about it though and questions. The final battle between Unmei and Hell/heaven combined happened but I'm honestly not sure whatsoever how Unmei managed to defeat them? She could barely manage against Hell by herself and it seems plot armor was on her side xD. It seems that Unmei is dead now unfortunately but Takt will wake up one day (probably from that cryosleep thing). Anna joined the symphonica as well. Does Anna have Unmei's powers now or something? I feel as if the pacing of this episode was also very fast which annoyed me.

I enjoyed watching the show for most parts but this final episode wasn't the best.
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 21, 2021 11:54 AM
Dec 2021
this is a good anime!!!! Basel problem!!! Greninja!!!
Dec 21, 2021 12:13 PM

Jun 2021
It was a really good show and one of the best ones this fall season ^-^
Dec 21, 2021 12:17 PM
Apr 2020
Need continuation, like right now ._.
Dec 21, 2021 12:30 PM
Apr 2020
Don't tell me that just by killing Sagan, the problem about D2s ended? lol

Aw. Destiny sacrificed herself to save Takt. And now Anna is also a Musicart. But, she still remembers her past. Does tha mean, she's just chanelling Destiny's power through the necklace? I guess the story will continue in the game.

Ao_SkyDec 21, 2021 12:35 PM
Dec 21, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
Overall, a decent show. I watched it with no expectations based off an episode thumbnail of Takt. I ended up liking the show though the ending is bittersweet to me. Cosette/Destiny is dead and now Anna has/is Destiny. I assume there's no anime continuation because there will be an upcoming game. Maybe I'll play it.
Dec 21, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2021
Well that was an ending...

The main villain's whole plan was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. We have a sound that can attract these monsters so lets group them in different populated areas, to wreck havoc? Then we blow up the continent to save the world. Then he said the most cliché villain line I've ever heard "this is the only way to save the world." Umm like no, no its not the only plan, you picked the dumbest plan that was easily stopped by a newbie musicart. I was eating while he was doing his dumb speech and in those 5 minutes I thought of like 10 different plans that would actually save the world.

Whatever at least Takt called him out on his BS. Also Takt's in a coma, oh no didn't care because his character didn't change in any meaningful way. Oh no, Destiny's gone, oh wait never mind she's with Anna. Anna who is for some reason a musicart, or general or something. Uh that came out of the blue.

Was going to give this show a 6/10 but now its officially a 5/10. Your good animation couldn't save your lack of story telling. I'm sad on how disappointing this series was.
Dec 21, 2021 12:50 PM

May 2018
Ya know that final battle between Destiny vs. Orpheus was just too stupid, they fought with weapon and swords and in the end Destiny was able to defeat Orpheus with punches??????????? Man I would have prefer that Destiny defeats Orpheus by going super turbo rather that beating her up with punches'

Either Destiny is now Anna's Musicart or Anna herself is now destiny...
Dec 21, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2021
i dont know why Cosette/Destiny have to die? They defeated the final boss :(
Dec 21, 2021 12:51 PM

Jun 2021
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ya know that final battle between Destiny vs. Orpheus was just too stupid, they fought with weapon and swords and in the end Destiny was able to defeat Orpheus with punches??????????? Man I would have prefer that Destiny defeats Orpheus by going super turbo rather that beating her up with punches'

Either Destiny is now Anna's Musicart or Anna herself is now destiny...

Anna herself is now with Destiny/Cosette
Dec 21, 2021 12:54 PM

Jan 2021
What does the end cutscene mean I didn’t except that this was a bitter sweet ending I guess Destiny is gone or that’s what I thought but after the end cut sene I’m not sure and Takt is asleep until they find a cure so overall this was good

Dec 21, 2021 1:01 PM
Mar 2021
I have a several Questions. 1.is Destiny is really dead ?
2.is Anna have the ability of Destiny?
3. How Anna got the ability? 4.Is Takt is Anna's contractor?
__FK__Dec 28, 2021 11:26 AM
Dec 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2019
NekoWeebOwO said:
1.is Destiny is really dead ?

Ded.
NekoWeebOwO said:

2.is Anna have the ability of Destiny?

Yep.
NekoWeebOwO said:

3. How Anna got the ability?

Pendant
NekoWeebOwO said:
4.Is Takt is Anna's contractor?

Nope.
Dec 21, 2021 1:17 PM

Dec 2015
huge disappointment lol....
Dec 21, 2021 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
Overall, I think the story, acting as a prequel to the mobile game, was pretty decent, although it had many flaws and odd pacing moments which did make it harder to enjoy.

However, this final episode did a good job giving some closure and, once more, gave us some great fighting animation. Destiny wasn't getting anywhere during her fight against Orpheus with her sword, but she turned the tide of the battle completely on her head when she started using her fists instead. XD

Sadly, her time was up, but not before she game Takt a kiss on his lips and saying "I love you" before she disappeared. It was a sad moment, that's for sure, although the epilogue showed that Anna has now become a conductor herself and now transforms as destiny as well, with the same outfit and hair colour.

My final score will have to be a 7/10. The story and some character progression was about average at times, so the score was helped my the production quality being, most of the time, very impressive. Titan still remains my favourite musicart and I wish we had more screentime with her. =(
Dec 21, 2021 1:45 PM

Aug 2020
A breathtaking ending. Unme and Takt against Orpheus was a great battle, and Unme finally let her feelings show up, and gave all her force to defeat the menace against the continent. I thought the episode wouldn't have any opening or ending, but I prefer the way it was.

Unme's kiss was so cute, and her moment with Takt at the shore was relaxing. Now she shares Anna's conscience.

Overall, it was a good anime. One of the few that I watched the day the episodes released.

Dec 21, 2021 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
At first, the ending is a little confusing, but then when you piece it together, it makes sense. Which I can understand the point of the show's marketing idea, but also making it come off as a promotion to the game in a sense, can come off as distasteful. It's not bad, but if you're not really into gaming, or in a gaming mood, you're not gonna jump on their game right away. Show was good, even if it felt like a 2 hr ad lol.
Dec 21, 2021 2:00 PM
Jan 2021
My comments on this series even tho no one asked...? Sure.

Now then, done with Takt Op. Destiny, and i rate it 6/10. Now of all the anime i had first impressions of this season, i thought that this anime had the potential to be absolutely incredible. To start, the whole plot and idea of fighting aliens with music is genius, and as well the producers and staff of this anime literally cannot get any better. Sadly, the writing was quite shitty, and it was very apparent towards the end.
For one, the whole first episode is hard to fit anywhere because of how the second episode abruptly tells the story of how stuff began. Maybe the first episode happened after the 3rd? 4th maybe? Who knows. I think this is pretty important for the first episode of all the episodes to fit right in and help build a foundation for the world to take place in.
Second of all, the character development is pretty half assed, with the only character I say developed in a good manner was Takt, with Lenny and Titan being well written. The rest of the characters, and especially the villains were so non compelling it made me want to facepalm as hard as I can.
Third of all, the ending was extremely weird and it seemed like a completely different anime than the one i started, and not in a good way. Takt's hair turns white like a fucking edgelord, somehow Destiny was able to beat a musicart with absolutely incredible strength while she and Takt were weak as hell (actually, Destiny killed Orpheus without Takt, bullshit!). Then, the entirety of this anime building up to this villain (just kidding, nothing was building up to this final boss, and it makes jack sense) and he was defeated by three linesof dialogue saying "You're stupid" "Music is life" and "Music makes me happy" and then boom the world is saved. What...
Lastly, the strange and out of place romance actually made me mad. Anna was Takt's sister (but by blood i don't think) and kissed him. Now, I would have expected this to a degree if there was anything, a line of dialogue, a thought, hell the way she looked at him with her eyes, to give some context, but no. She just kisses him, who's she still thinks of as her little brother, and then they leave. Destiny's romance wasn't much better, with her developing from soulless musicart to musicart who is a normal human being! I wonder what's gonna happen next, maybe she'll- she's dead. Seriously, around six or seven horrible fucking clichés sprung up in just the last two episodes.
If it wasn't for the smooth ride and really cool animation, setting, and plot this anime would be in the fucking dirt. I'm pissed at how much potential this thing stomped and spit on, it could've had a boring and normal ending and it would've been better than throwing away all it's pre-established greatness.
Dockc468Dec 21, 2021 2:05 PM
Dec 21, 2021 2:06 PM

Feb 2021
Meh it was mid, waste of time imo.

Lenny's death was the peak of this show everything else was boring and stupid.
Dec 21, 2021 2:13 PM

Feb 2015
Massively underwhelming story wise. I dont even think the music aspect was that good, I've seen better anime with superior soundtracks. I'm not sure why Destiny disappeared or the motivation of the main bad guy. It just all seemed like a very meh story wrapped in some very nice animation.
Dec 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Apr 2015
All things considered, if this was an ad for a game, it could have sold me if I actually had time to play more games, but since this isn't the case, it failed XD

Final battle was pretty cool in a way, especially the last part where it was a fist fight, I really liked that! What I didn't like was Destiny disappearing at the end, saying that she loves Takt and leaving behind a locket for Takt to keep.

Nice to see Anna join the Symphonica and is now holding onto the locket while Takt is recovering. What did surprise me is Anna taking on the form of Destiny. Not going to lie, I would have loved to see more of that cause honestly felt like she became the best of both worlds there.

Overall, great Sakuga animation but the pacing and story could definitely have been better for me. I wish I would have been able to play the game to appreciate it more, but it's what it is. 7/10
Dec 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Jul 2020
The anime was okay overall. For me it was a newer version of Guilty Crown.
Dec 21, 2021 2:30 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok so it's fine if you looking for nothing more than simply a good time and are ready to turn your brain off. Otherwise, what is this.

The potential is there, it's been staring us in the face. You look at the cover art, the premise, you watch the op, heck you look at the studios who are commandeering this project. This could've been really, really good- the first episode of this certainly showed promise. But quickly it became evident that no one was really trying in making this anything more than a glorified advertisement.

The script is messy and doesn't know what it wants to be. You could say that this is a well-disguised mess of a script, but it isn't even well disguised. Its poor plot, or rather lack of a true plot at all, sticks out so much like a sore thumb that there is no saving grace strong enough to cover it up. Not even its music and visuals, which is what this anime mostly is getting praised for, are up to the task. And hot take from me but, even the visuals don't deserve any praise. They're alright, but that's it. They look adequate and nothing more.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this at all when watching it from week to week, I did sort of look forward to watching it every Tuesday. But that small sliver of enjoyment was constantly and strongly overshadowed by pain. The pain that this had so much potential to be, well, really, really good.

What I personally wanted from this show was the ED. Watch the ED again, just that would've made for a great show. Just the three of them on a road trip together across the interstate highways of the United States. Have it be episodic in nature, I don't care. I just wanted to see these characters go on a journey, have some mishaps along the way, fight some D2's, have some brunch at a gas station diner, and ultimately bond closer to each other. Honestly the ED makes me so sad, because that's the anime we COULD have gotten, but didn't.

3/10. I highly doubt that other than we seasonal watchers who were watching this while it aired, few will probably come to watch this in the future. And they'd be right to disregard it, they'd be saving time better spent elsewhere.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 21, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
Overall an underwhelming story, but still had fun with it. If anything this felt like a tech demo for the next gen of animation.

Basically, as I expected this was one big ad for the gacha game. I’ll check it out, but don’t have very high expectations for it.
Marinate1016Dec 21, 2021 2:43 PM
Dec 21, 2021 2:38 PM

Oct 2015
At first I thought Takt died so Destiny also disappeared but he was just unconscious. Then why did Destiny disappeared? Oh well...atleast one of them survived.

The visuals were as stunning as ever even if the story was...meh

7/10 from me
Let there be light...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2021

207 by Muow »»
Feb 18, 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.