Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2021 12:14 PM

Oct 2017
So Casey was using her power since the begining, nice twist. Praetorian getting what he deserved was satisfying. Their plan completely succeeded this time and I'm glad they are all living a happy life now. Congratz to Johnny and Casey, they can finally marry.

A decent watch, despite knowing this is an adaptation of a western comic I still watched this since it gave me similar vibes as Great Pretender but unfortunately this wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it was.
MegamiRemNov 30, 2021 12:03 AM
Nov 25, 2021 8:45 PM

Nov 2015
Fine for an anime based on an American comic.

GAY RIGHTS that's not a yaoi! 🏳️‍🌈

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 26, 2021 4:24 PM
Oct 2020
Old_School_Akira said:

Doesn't he have a wife and a kid?
Nov 27, 2021 5:53 AM
Mar 2020
I felt that it was lacking, I didn’t really enjoy it anymore halfway through. Might be a good anime for those who enjoy *heists + villains vs heroes!* It did have some good poc and lgbt representation though :3

Loved Kasey <3
Casia_Nov 27, 2021 6:04 AM
Nov 27, 2021 6:20 AM

Feb 2020
Not bad, better that filler filled other comic books adaptation Invincible. Decent story idea, Good ending, very good animation. Even characters were kind of fun except mc who kind of whacky and habitual loser. There were silly moments which makes the story stupid (like mc childhood villan story or heroes being super stupid, easily fooled or count getting killed). the heist plans were also not very awe inspiring or coherent either. Character design were also not my forte, the hero or villan suits were boring too.

Overall I still enjoyed it, decent enough to watch (though not really comparable to other miller adaptation like logen or kingsman)
AdampkNov 27, 2021 6:30 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 27, 2021 9:57 PM

Mar 2016
Loved this from start to finish, but there is one part in this episode I couldn’t make sense of: why did it seem like Praetorian and Gladiator weren’t affected when the superpower suppression system went back online? To me, it seemed like both were still fighting on a superhuman level, or are we just supposed to believe those two are superhumanly strong even without their superpowers?
Nov 27, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2015
I was hoping the one year time skip conclusion would show a completely fallen from grace brain damaged Praetorian. This was a good look for him :)

Probably my favourite character from the whole show. From secretly deranged hero darling to disheveled miserable henchman to sniveling fist fodder. Love a good character arc :')

The story was mostly filler and it showed. This would have been better off as a movie without the first couple "arcs". "Pulling the gang together for one last heist" is a fun trope but it really got done to death here.
whitherNov 27, 2021 11:56 PM
Nov 28, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2012
This certainly was quite different than I expected when I first went into this anime. The character's growing up backstory doesn't even really matter after it's done so I found it quite an explosive start but a worthless one to be completely honest.

Other than that the continuous attempts to pull off the heists completely was quite something, the general flow on that was decent yet the character development over the course of these years was a bit scattered which was a shame. Especially the whole love arc if you ask me with that kind of wedding.

But well all in all it wasn't bad either, it was a decent fun to watch compact anime, nothing more or less. So yea not too shabby, this last episode sure was action packed with a nice wrap for all the characters!
Nov 30, 2021 6:33 AM

Dec 2016
Finally a plan actually worked out. It was all because it was well thought out than the previous one which was all over the place.

Good that in the end everyone lived properly in their own way.

But damn Roddy was actually a genius, that really was a surprise.

I decided to watch cuz it reminded me of Great Pretender. The animation and music was all really good but it was still not as enjoyable as Great Pretender.

Overall 8/10
Dec 1, 2021 8:16 AM

Nov 2015
RealNath said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Yes. And he is still a closest gay hero.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 2, 2021 4:44 PM

Jul 2015
Wow I certainly didn't expect Roddy to actually have a legitimate doctorate. Some flaws here and there but overall I really enjoyed this especially with the great end of Gladiator beating the crap out of Praetorian and the team having tricked the Bastard into killing his own subordinates through the costumes lol.

Dec 3, 2021 3:30 PM
Nov 2017
Old_School_Akira said:

LOL, I 200% knew it would have shit like this when I heard it was based on American comics. Netflix in particular seems to have a quota for this stuff.
But yeah, that’s largely why I stopped watching American media in general.
ultimateweeb173Dec 3, 2021 3:34 PM
Dec 4, 2021 3:25 PM
May 2017
Holy sht, it has been a while since I have seen something this badly written. Music, art, animation is quite good, but the story doesn't make a goddamn sense.
Dec 4, 2021 4:26 PM
Nov 2021
ultimateweeb173 said:
Old_School_Akira said:

LOL, I 200% knew it would have shit like this when I heard it was based on American comics. Netflix in particular seems to have a quota for this stuff.
But yeah, that’s largely why I stopped watching American media in general.

Lol, imagine this is the 20th century where black people were just starting to show up in what had been entirely white media. ("Bah, they keep throwing black people in there, I'm done watching American media") This is a typical MAL viewpoint, don't worry.

Judgment526 said:
Loved this from start to finish, but there is one part in this episode I couldn’t make sense of: why did it seem like Praetorian and Gladiator weren’t affected when the superpower suppression system went back online? To me, it seemed like both were still fighting on a superhuman level, or are we just supposed to believe those two are superhumanly strong even without their superpowers?

Agreed completely
Dec 5, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
What an ending and absolutely amazing epsiode, this episode deserves 5/5. Loved this series as a whole and there wasn't a time in the series where I was disappointed.
This time Netflix nailed it!!
Dec 5, 2021 8:16 PM
Oct 2020
Old_School_Akira said:
RealNath said:

Yes. And he is still a closest gay hero.

I mean, there is no way he cheated on or divorced with his wife and leave the kid just for his sexuality, right? Why would he do thing that will make him look like a scum?
Dec 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Feb 2017
im 90% sure i added this to my ptw list (and subsequently watched it) because of kenjirou tsuda, because honestly from this point forward i dont think i want to watch Anime based on american media (american comic books). if i wanted an american show i would turn on my tv and watch a show that has nothing to do with the romance genre yet has people having sex within the first 3 episodes.

i dont see the point as to why this was made when there are so many other actual Anime that have a similar premise (ppl with super powers ddoing stuff). a few years ago i would hear so much talk about how less anime needs to be made because ppl in the industry are overworked since they push for quantity > quality. i dont even hear that anymore (not like the discussion mattered anyways bc it was all between westerners on the western side of social media). and u got what feels like so much useless unneeded anime being cranked out . but i digress

meh this felt like a big complaint for a show i rated as a 6/10 but then again what would mal be without us complainers lol

placeholder text
Dec 8, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
so The Bastard is a psychic too like Kasey but Kasey is the better one for sure

happy ending for all of them huh each of them got 100 million dollars

its funny that Johnny is so smart though that became the mastermind or master planner but i guess Roddy is more surprising to be smart

and congrats to Kasey and Johnny for the wedding

very nice anime with lots of cool sakuga and action too
Dec 8, 2021 10:01 PM

Apr 2008
Standard heist stuff with super powers. It's hard not to like it. Best if you're going in with brain off, though, as a lot doesn't quite fit.

Like what were they going for with the hyper destructive heroes? Praetorian turned out to be a villain, but we also had Man Mountain and Rubber Ball at the beginning absolutely destroying people to recover like $10k. And what was the point of Praetorian having random powers when he frequently had the only thing that would have worked in that situation? What's with Praetorian and Gladiator's no powers fight being so superhuman? If they were wrapped around Kasey's finger then why was Praetorian sent off to fight anyway?

But I don't really find myself caring that much. It was cool to look at.
Dec 11, 2021 10:05 AM
Aug 2021
Seeing Gladiator beating the shit out of Praetorian was satisfying. Wasn't expecting Roddy to actually be that qualified. Well as expected, the everyone in the crew all got their happy ending.

There's not a lot going on with this anime. It's just the typical American heist plot except here it's streched out to thirteen episodes. 6/10 for me.
Dec 13, 2021 2:43 PM

May 2015
That was a pretty good ending. I love the whole part of bringing Gladiator into it to spice things up. I was curious how they were gonna beat that 200 ability+ guy but it seemed easier than we thought. Just beat the hell out of him lol.

I liked that montage at the end to show what everyone was doing. It was very fitting with the whole style.

I'm glad I watched this. It was a good choice to follow through after Great Pretender. Guess I'll keep up this crime anime spree a bit longer.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 14, 2021 9:15 PM

May 2015
Pretty entertaining stuff. Glad I watched it.
8/10
Dec 27, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2014
RealNath said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Comics: wife and kids, cheats on her with men, opens up about being gay after blackmail (so I guess divorces from wife), turns out most of his colleagues are gay

Anime: husband, cheats on him with men, opens up about his relationship and cheating and renews his vows with husband.

I think both are a lil weird but hey I love the gladiator, he's one of the best characters. I guess they noticed the comics made it a little fucked up so they made him have a (super) husband in the anime, it didn't really made the problem go away but made it better... But hey, every character in the show is flawed as fuck and I wouldn't want it any other way even tho i have my problems with how they wrote the gladiator, people do that so it's not all wrong. Just feels like they only made him gay so he could have a redemption and be proud of the blackmail info... But hey at least he seemed to regret it in both... Just like the flawed characters keep learning in the show
Dec 27, 2021 8:59 PM
Dec 2014
Judgment526 said:

Preatorian never had his powers turned off on the system I believe... He's the bodyguard and would be quite useless against, idk, a fucking gun if he had no powers... And i think we've seen he use it in the mansion...? Or at least he did ask permission to shut kasey up with his cards so...
But the gladiator... I know johnny brought him to deal with the preatorian when the time came... Which cOULD mean he also brought glenda for when the system goes back up but that would imply that bitch IS superhumanly strong and probably has no powers. Which could be fine, I mean, look at those arms... But doesn't justify the god reflexes he has.

Anyways, doesn't answers the question.... But kinda does.... In the comic, I don't think the system goes back up. Instead of claiming the lack of power renders the crooks useless, he just says their powers are no match, so gladiator is at no disadvantage.... But the fight scene on the hq is literally a single punch smashin preatorians face to the floor so... Maybe they just didn't think that shit through because on the comic it's rushed... Maybe gladiator is just a regular fucking dude apparently...
Jan 16, 2022 9:56 AM
Nov 2020
The fact that the last 2 episodes made up for the first 10 ep's is actually amazing. We get a crazy Characterdevelopment in the middle of ep 11 and that man really ended it the way shi should've ended XD Im not the typa guy that likes romance but Johnny and Kassy really had a nice thing going. A Masterpiece panted in "Red" similar to the Great Pretender
Mar 3, 2022 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
This show was fun as hell, I really feel like if it wasnt unceremoniously dumped all at once on netflix but rather released weekly it could of garnered a real following cause this absolutely is a style of anime we dont really see much of anymore. I'm surprised at just how creative the use of everyones powers were, even one off characters would have really interesting or entertaining uses of it, and similarly everyone had so much personality that I was pretty on board with the whole cast even with alot of them have minimal screentime.

Gladiator is best boy.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 10, 2022 7:54 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Gladiator beating up Praetorian was satisfying. The monk try to be looooooooool OH NO NO I knew he would be salami HAHA
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 10, 2022 12:55 PM
Feb 2020
Um dos melhores episódios
Nov 11, 2022 10:37 PM
Sep 2011
I want there to be a Sequel to Super Crooks where Johnny and Kasey are happily married and have 3 children 1 boy and 2 girls named Adam Bolt, Lexi Bolt, and Katie Bolt 🙏❤️

👇

https://twitter.com/jordon_avant/status/1576347468358262785?t=mfVpHC12oHAOCLgH51eeyA&s=19
Nov 25, 2022 2:17 PM
Nov 2014
Good animation, good soundtrack, wasted good world on a lame and bland plot.
Dec 25, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2020
Average anime with some good ideas. The animation is ugly in some scenes but nothing awful.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 13, 2023 10:08 AM
May 2021
very vibe anime meme vobe spomfasd
Nov 29, 2023 1:27 PM
May 2021
It kept my attention
Dec 15, 2023 5:38 AM
Dec 2023
It was def interesting. Nice to see Gladiator live up to his rep and Perthorian getting his. Our love birds end up together after all, Johnny just skipped a boring quiet period and went to prison instead lol. I liked the series as a whole.
Jan 21, 7:42 AM

Sep 2013
Welp this was worth a watch for the animation and the originality of it all, i mean heists with super powers is a pretty cool concept even if the characters weren't really deep, a decent conclusion for a decent anime, 6/10
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 21, 7:42 AM

Sep 2013
Welp this was worth a watch for the animation and the originality of it all, i mean heists with super powers is a pretty cool concept even if the characters weren't really deep, a decent conclusion for a decent anime, 6/10
Deep dark fantasies

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Crooks Episode 1 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 25, 2021

23 by parzxval »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

» why does this count as an anime, but other america shows made by asian studios do not

OrcMeiser - Apr 14, 2023

3 by jyagan0 »»
Feb 24, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Super Crooks Episode 2 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 25, 2021

7 by Epiroogu »»
Jan 2, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Super Crooks Episode 9 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 25, 2021

8 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Oct 21, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Super Crooks Episode 10 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 25, 2021

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.