Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2021
I haven't watched any of the series but a friend of me told me that like if i like broly movie i would probably get into the show too
Sep 29, 2021 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
Hmm what? Nope start with dragon ball og series than dbz till cell saga then watch dbz broly movie
Sep 29, 2021 12:51 PM
Jul 2021
Look. The Dragon Ball Z Broly isn't canon. So you dont have to watch it. It doesnt match with the story. And I wouldn't recommend you starting with this movie. The order is Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super Broly. If you want you can skip the first dragon ball its just backstories with the characters, but I would recommend you starting with it. Its funny, it has action, adventure, sometimes sad. So yea that's what I think. Hope I helped. Oh and, are you greek?
Sep 29, 2021 12:52 PM
Jul 2021
You won’t understand anything that’s happening if you start with the broly movie. I really would not recommend it. If you wanna get into DB then start with the series, watch it in order and then the movies. All DB movies are side stories, some are canon some are not. While the broly movie is canon, the power levels, character development, setting etc won’t make sense. Also I think starting the original series can get you more hooked than watching the movies. Trust me, the original DB is incredible.
Sep 29, 2021 12:52 PM
Jul 2021
Aninis said:
Look. The Dragon Ball Z Broly isn't canon. So you dont have to watch it. It doesnt match with the story. And I wouldn't recommend you starting with this movie. The order is Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super Broly. If you want you can skip the first dragon ball its just backstories with the characters, but I would recommend you starting with it. Its funny, it has action, adventure, sometimes sad. So yea that's what I think. Hope I helped. Oh and, are you greek?

Actually the broly movie is canon. It doesnt impact the main story but it is part of the canon universe, toriyama said so himself.
Sep 29, 2021 12:53 PM
Mar 2020
Well, the Broly Film(The 2018 one) it's really good, he tells the story of the Sayajins and it's fight for 2 hours, good animation and shows how dragon ball is, with a lot of fighting and fun, it's a good start
Shiry_USep 29, 2021 1:40 PM
Sep 29, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2018
Please don’t. Please.
Sep 29, 2021 1:01 PM
Feb 2021
Konstantinos88 said:
I haven't watched any of the series but a friend of me told me that like if i like broly movie i would probably get into the show too
just read the manga please, it there is a really awful anime adaptation i it’s definitely Dragon Ball and DBZ. If you really want to watch the anime just watch og Dragon Ball and then DB Kai, which is Z made decently
Sep 29, 2021 1:05 PM
Jul 2021
TheRealRouges said:
Konstantinos88 said:
just read the manga please, it there is a really awful anime adaptation i it’s definitely Dragon Ball and DBZ. If you really want to watch the anime just watch og Dragon Ball and then DB Kai, which is Z made decently
is the manga worth reading bc i have heard dragon ball has a lot fighting scenes and good animation
Sep 29, 2021 1:14 PM
Mar 2021
Nothing left for me to ad the og broly movie is the 8th movie of z, so you have to watch dbz at least until after the cell saga
Sep 29, 2021 2:05 PM
Aug 2015
Konstantinos88 said:

No no no no no no no, the Broly movie is a terrible place to start. You're gonna be lost and not understand a thing. I mean, you can still do it, but it's not gonna make much sense in terms of story. If you feel like it's too much to watch Dragon Ball Z itself, you can watch Dragon Ball Z Kai instead.
Sep 29, 2021 2:22 PM
Feb 2021
Konstantinos88 said:
TheRealRouges said:
is the manga worth reading bc i have heard dragon ball has a lot fighting scenes and good animation
Dragon Ball and good animations don’t go hand to hand, but the manga has like the best battle direction second only to Bleach, you’ll see an enormous difference with newer battle shonen were fights are drawn awfully and you can’t really understand what’s going on
Sep 29, 2021 2:30 PM
Jul 2021
TheRealRouges said:
Konstantinos88 said:
Dragon Ball and good animations don’t go hand to hand, but the manga has like the best battle direction second only to Bleach, you’ll see an enormous difference with newer battle shonen were fights are drawn awfully and you can’t really understand what’s going on
yh newer batlles shonen manga fights are afwul thats why i asked you that ok i quess i wilp watch the original and go with the manga after that
Sep 29, 2021 3:18 PM
Oct 2020
Konstantinos88 said:
absolutely not. watch dragon ball, then dragon ball z or dragon ball kai (kai is a more manga accurate versoin of z) then dragon ball super and finally dragon ball super broly. thats just the canon version of the entire franchise. if you want the entire franchise including filler and non canon, the list of EVERYTHING released in japanese release order is
Dragon Ball episode 1-43
Dragon Ball movie 1
Dragon Ball episode 44-70
Dragon Ball movie 2
Dragon Ball episode 71-118
Dragon Ball movie 3
Dragon Ball episode 119-153
Dragon Ball Z episode 1-11
Dragon Ball Z movie 1
Dragon Ball Z episode 12-39
Dragon Ball Z movie 2
Dragon Ball Z epidode 40-54
Dragon Ball Z movie 3
Dragon Ball Z episode 55-63
Dragon Ball Z special 1
Dragon Ball Z episode 64-81
Dragon Ball Z movie 4
Dragon Ball Z episode 82-99
Dragon Ball Z movie 5
Dragon Ball Z episode 100-130
Dragon Ball Z movie 6
Dragon Ball Z episode 131-147
Dragon Ball Z movie 7
Dragon Ball Z episode 148-174
Dragon Ball Z special 3
Dragon Ball Z episode 175-176
Dragon Ball Z movie 8
Dragon Ball Z episode 177-192
Dragon Ball Z movie 9
Dragon Ball Z episode 193-199
Dragon Ball Z OVA 1
Dragon Ball Z episode 200-220
Dragon Ball Z movie 10
Dragon Ball Z episode 221-232
Dragon Ball Z movie 11
Dragon Ball Z episode 233-243
Dragon Ball Z movie 12
Dragon Ball Z episode 244-270
Dragon Ball Z movie 13
Dragon Ball Z episode 271-291
Dragon Ball GT episode 1-4
Dragon Ball movie 4
Dragon Ball GT episode 5-41
Dragon Ball GT movie
Dragon Ball GT episode 42-64
Dragon Ball Z OVA 2
Dragon Ball Kai episode 1-80
Dragon Ball Z OVA 3
Dragon Ball Kai episode 81-97
Dragon Ball Z OVA 4
Dragon Ball Kai episode 98
Dragon Ball Z movie 14
Dragon Ball Kai episode 99-154
Dragon Ball Z movie 15
Dragon Ball Kai episode 155-167
Dragon Ball Super episode 1-131
Dragon Ball Super movie 1
Super Dragon Ball Heroes episode 1-20
Super Dragon Ball Heroes BBM episode 1-15
Dragon Ball Super movie 2 (coming out 2022)
Sep 29, 2021 3:20 PM
Oct 2020
TheRealRouges said:
Konstantinos88 said:
you cant really hate on the dragon ball animation concidering how long ago it was released
Sep 29, 2021 4:41 PM
Apr 2021
In my opinion the absolute best place to to start is to read the OG Dragonball manga it’s phenomenal
Sep 29, 2021 4:57 PM
Nov 2020
what no are you high, star with dbz then super then broly, start with dragon ball if you feel like giving more of a shit about certain characters
Sep 29, 2021 7:39 PM

Jan 2020
No. Watching the broly movie last is more ideal

Sep 30, 2021 1:33 AM
Feb 2021
NoXgamez said:
TheRealRouges said:
you cant really hate on the dragon ball animation concidering how long ago it was released
there were tons anime way better made in the 80s, and I’m talking about pacing and fillers too, and we can talk about Super, too, which has bad animations as well and it’s recent
Sep 30, 2021 6:10 AM
Apr 2021
I did, so I can’t see why not.
Sep 30, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2009
Tekainu said:
You won’t understand anything that’s happening if you start with the broly movie. I really would not recommend it. If you wanna get into DB then start with the series, watch it in order and then the movies. All DB movies are side stories, some are canon some are not. While the broly movie is canon, the power levels, character development, setting etc won’t make sense. Also I think starting the original series can get you more hooked than watching the movies. Trust me, the original DB is incredible.
I approve this message

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Sep 30, 2021 10:19 AM
Oct 2020
Dan_Marinara said:
but did you have any idea what was going on?
Sep 30, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 2021
NoXgamez said:
Dan_Marinara said:

I mean, I knew enough. You’d be hard pressed to find someone who had no idea who Goku and Vegeta were and with that little bit of knowledge I still had a great time.
Sep 30, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 2021
NoXgamez said:
Dan_Marinara said:

I mean, I knew enough. You’d be hard pressed to find someone who had no idea who Goku and Vegeta were and with that little bit of knowledge I still had a great time.
Sep 30, 2021 10:27 AM
Oct 2020
Dan_Marinara said:
NoXgamez said:

well, i peraonally know a lot of people who dont know of these characters. and its better to know what the story is before watching what is currently the most recent canon release of dragon ball
Oct 13, 2021 8:49 AM
Jul 2021
Tekainu said:
Aninis said:

Actually the broly movie is canon. It doesnt impact the main story but it is part of the canon universe, toriyama said so himself.
Did he really said so? Or are you speaking about the DBS broly?
Oct 13, 2021 8:50 AM
Jul 2021
Aninis said:
Tekainu said:

The thread is about dbs broly movie, so yes im referring to dbs
Oct 13, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2021
Tekainu said:
Aninis said:

Oohh then ok. I agree. But I dont understand why you say it does not match with the story?
Oct 13, 2021 8:53 AM
Jul 2021
Aninis said:
Tekainu said:

Oohh then ok. I agree. But I dont understand why you say it does not match with the story?

I said it does not impact the main story, cuz broly hasnt shown up in the manga. Hes not part of the main story of dbs. The broly dbs movie is just a side story.
Oct 13, 2021 10:07 AM

Aug 2017
I'm going to go against common consensus here and say you should absolutely NOT start with Dragon Ball. It's tonally and content-wise much lighter and sillier than all other series in the DB canon. Start with DBZ instead.
Oct 20, 2021 5:17 AM
Jul 2021
Tekainu said:
Aninis said:

I said it does not impact the main story, cuz broly hasnt shown up in the manga. Hes not part of the main story of dbs. The broly dbs movie is just a side story.
Its anime canon. Actually it is manga canon too. Goku and Vegeta referred that they fought broly, in tha manga of dbs. So here is the link

https://www.google.com/search?q=dbs+manga+panel+goku+vs+broly&sxsrf=AOaemvKETHHOCUpPZx1W2D4rjgrl0gsR1Q:1634732036381&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiWxNKy-9jzAhUNCewKHW3-ALIQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1360&bih=657&dpr=1#imgrc=EHReDMm-TR3L2M

It's a dbs chapter 42 manga panel.
Oct 20, 2021 5:23 AM
Jul 2021
Aninis said:
Tekainu said:

Its anime canon. Actually it is manga canon too. Goku and Vegeta referred that they fought broly, in tha manga of dbs. So here is the link

https://www.google.com/search?q=dbs+manga+panel+goku+vs+broly&sxsrf=AOaemvKETHHOCUpPZx1W2D4rjgrl0gsR1Q:1634732036381&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiWxNKy-9jzAhUNCewKHW3-ALIQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1360&bih=657&dpr=1#imgrc=EHReDMm-TR3L2M

It's a dbs chapter 42 manga panel.

Ive never seen that panel u just linked in the manga, its a fanart. And even if it wasnt, that does not impact the main storyline, mentioning a past event does not mean it will ever have anu impact on future sagas and arcs. The broly movie is just a side story, as will the new dbs movie be.
Oct 20, 2021 5:24 AM

Jan 2013
That's probably the worst way to get into Dragon Ball.
Dec 3, 2021 12:00 AM
Nov 2020
Aninis said:
"you can skip first dragon ball its just backstories with the characters"
what are you smoking bro? OG Dragon Ball is the adaptation of the first part of the manga, so how could it be BACKSTORIES????
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Dec 3, 2021 6:32 AM
Jul 2021
akiramado19 said:
Aninis said:
what are you smoking bro? OG Dragon Ball is the adaptation of the first part of the manga, so how could it be BACKSTORIES????
Man it's only about how the characters got together and stuff. Its canon and non canon at the same time.
Dec 3, 2021 6:05 PM
Nov 2020
Aninis said:
akiramado19 said:
Man it's only about how the characters got together and stuff. Its canon and non canon at the same time.
it's not non canon at any point in the story wtf, so you're saying the first 194 chapters of the manga are backstories? are you trolling?
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 119 Discussion

-Adam- - Apr 27, 2013

19 by Saiko-sensei »»
May 4, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 17 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 16, 2011

15 by Dumb »»
May 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 16 Discussion

Magica_do_Mar - Dec 12, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
May 2, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 258 Discussion

Fethbita - May 11, 2013

15 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 23 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 17, 2011

25 by Jacktwelve17 »»
May 2, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.