Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Jun 2014
Finally, the refugees are off the ship!

Also, Garma's lover is dead. What a sad way to go, but it was her choice, I suppose. Now, Char perhaps doesn't know that Zeon wants his head. I wonder what will happen.

Mar 7, 2019 1:54 AM

Feb 2017
I didn't expect Garma to be such a young member of his family. His brothers are far older. Knowing that he was the youngest would have given his death more tragedy had we known beforehand.
Feb 20, 2020 12:35 PM

May 2018
The girl's neck should have clearly snapped when she hit the ground head first.

And the refugees have -100 IQ
Sep 7, 2020 6:17 PM

Jul 2017
This episode opened the story up more, revealing more of the inner workings. I'm glad to see some more drama instead of just "Char is attacking!!" every episode.
Sep 11, 2020 6:37 PM

Aug 2017
At least the dumb refugees subplot is over....Honestly, they're annoying. Iceliana's death is sad but I wonder how she ended up on the ship when she was previously detained lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2020 5:20 PM

Jun 2016
Zeon wants to hold a dictatorship over all of humanity as is stated in the dub.

I found the two-sided conflict dynamic and engaging with the thrilling battle on Amuro's and Ryu's side; leaping onto the ships, and the Whitebase chaos with Char.

Character wise, having a grief stricken woman die in front of Amuro may set the now more-confident Amuro back having faced the ramifications of their actions in such a visceral way. And Char shot refugees! I now realize that assuming it was on purpose was somewhat naive thanks to the thread, but it made for a strong moment. To depict the awful effects of war as Char drops civilians from afar and hardly comments on it, and to make Char more engaging. He's ruthless, able to drink with his friend before leading him into his death or to be depicted shooting civilians, and that makes him feel very unpredictable and capable of anything.

For a small comment, I love the running gag of Bright stealing the messages they receive before Sayla can read them. It's cute and funny. Stuff like that helps make the crew feel alive.
Jan 24, 2021 1:01 AM

May 2012
Worth noting that when they were burying Icelina, Kai was the first one to start shoveling. Little things like that are making me like him more and more.
Jun 5, 2021 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
Well, shit. She was so young and pretty.
GvendolineJun 5, 2021 1:36 PM
Jul 26, 2021 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that ended rather anti-climatic. I was kinda hoping Icelina would actually talk to Amuro and realize he's just a boy and not really at fault. Her just fainting and falling to her death was a bit... convenient. Though I guess she suffered heavy wounds after the crash and we just didn't really see it.

Char just shooting civilians like that was pretty ruthless, lol. Not sure what he was even planning to do there on foot.

And we finally get a glimpse into the Zabi family who will probably play a huge role in the next episodes. Curious about the new weapon and antagonist of next episode.
Oct 28, 2022 7:26 AM

May 2019
Okay the refugees are so irresponsible, I get it but they shouldn't have put everyone and themselves in danger. Also, seeing Garma's family and Icelina's grief really exemplifies that humans, pain and innocence are on both sides of war. Sure, they're trying to kill each other but both feel in the right. There are kids and those who just want to be in love and live their lives on both sides, most anime makes everything so black and white and I appreciate the humanization of everything in this show despite the characters still feeling a bit flat.
Nov 9, 2022 10:50 AM
Dec 2017
pretty fucked up how this war is turning out
Jan 6, 2023 7:20 AM

Jan 2017
For a moment, I thought that Icelina was shot by Char. It was really annoying the refugees actions!
Mar 16, 2023 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
char just shooting at anything that moves is hilarious.
Mar 31, 2023 11:58 AM
Feb 2021
Shoulda made Amuro shoot Icelina, her death may have made sense then. Would've also given him more ptsd
May 27, 2023 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
damn she dead

amuro exhausted expression lol

also bright has had enough of the bs refugees. I hope we dont have any more refugees anymore

rare scene

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 7, 2023 10:59 AM

Feb 2020
damn Zeon needs some wins here someday heh rip

Char is so based for gunning those idiots down Lol
DoisacChopperOct 7, 2023 11:07 AM

Oct 20, 2023 2:05 PM
Oct 2023
Lol, of fucking course Garma would have a giant portrait of himself in his personal suite. Its hilarious because of how much sense it makes. ^ ^

These refugees may just be the stupidest people i have ever seen. Its like they have no self-preservation instinct at all.

That fall damage animation seriously killed all of the drama. But its nice to finally have all the Zabis together. Its funny how high and mighty they are about their royal blood considering none of them were Royalty or even nobility before they declared independence.
Jan 19, 8:30 PM
Feb 2021
I know this show is very old but some of the plot dose not even make sense. like; why they would burry Icellina she's their enemy. and why Zeon military would give CO of the ship to a random woman
Jan 31, 2:35 PM
Mar 2023
Pretty weird follow up to the amazing 10th episode.
It feels weird that an attack would be launched with some pretty much random woman on the bridge, but I guess this is an important step in Amuro's character development or something... Also the spears are fucking cool.
Feb 22, 11:59 AM

Aug 2020
Amuro and his sins will haunt him Amuroooo Amuroooo

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

65 by darthtruder »»
Apr 19, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

15 by JoniGamer1996 »»
Apr 1, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mell4444 - Mar 25, 2010

53 by T3RCK_Z »»
Mar 12, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.