Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2021 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did anyone else find the pacing to be really rushed? They cut out the entire part of Yukina meeting with the producer after Roselia initially split up. For what was supposed to be an adaptation of the band story, they did a really meh job of it. I feel like if you didn't read the story in the mobile game, you would be really confused at some of the parts here.
Oct 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Feb 2020
I think this was a very good and enjoyable movie. I really liked the interactions between the girls. All that drama made this so interesting.

The animation and performances were also nice. :)

It seems I'm the only one who liked this movie, but oh well.

SerafosJun 29, 2022 9:05 AM
Nov 17, 2021 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
This is easily SANZIGEN's worst work in the Bandori franchise so far. It's very obvious that this movie is made with the game audience in mind, assuming they've already read all the relevant stories (i.e. Band Stories 1 and 2, plus a few all-Roselia stories in-between) and that there's therefore no need to show any of the smaller moments that make the developments in those two stories work.

By just speedrunning the two band stories here, Sayo's development makes absolutely no sense and Yukina comes off as even more of an unlikeable asshole than she does in the game when there's all those in-between moments that showcase both her development and her better side. In other words, the story doesn't flow in any way and the dramatic beats end up feeling unearned because they gloss over the smaller moments that make it all work. On top of that, the animation feels pretty flat and lifeless compared to what SANZIGEN have previously shown they can do with this series, and there's barely any significant concert scenes either to give them a chance to cut loose (that also means we barely get any of Roselia's excellent music, which is such a big factor in why they're popular enough for this movie to exist to begin with).

Granted, Roselia's stories in-game are already my least-favourite of the main 5 bands (we haven't had much in-game Morfonica or RAS to fairly judge against yet), but even with my low expectations going into this I still came out disappointed at the end.

6/10 may seem generous after that rant, but it's not a 5/10 movie. It still has value if you've played the game and can fill in the gaps yourself, but that does also make the issues apparent.
Dec 23, 2021 12:15 AM

Feb 2018
Really like this Yukina and Lisa relationship, new song and also future Fest, hmmm seem interesting
Dec 27, 2021 3:27 AM
Aug 2018
because I'm a fan of Roselia, I'm happy that the band's story was made into a movie, but the movie was not good and rushed,
I quite enjoy it and the animation of the live performance is pretty cool,

maybe if the duration is 2 hours per film the results will be better
Jan 16, 2022 7:19 PM

Jul 2008
Atavistic said:
This is easily SANZIGEN's worst work in the Bandori franchise so far. It's very obvious that this movie is made with the game audience in mind, assuming they've already read all the relevant stories (i.e. Band Stories 1 and 2, plus a few all-Roselia stories in-between) and that there's therefore no need to show any of the smaller moments that make the developments in those two stories work.

Agree with everything you said here. Also, the choice to speedrun the band stories means the movie lacks a normal structure. We aren't really building to a climax, since Neo-Aspect happens around the hour mark and then they jump into another story.

Even as a fan of the game this movie gave me whiplash in how fast it covered events and how much was skipped. If you are gonna adapt a band story into an anime, just do one really well versus throwing in all these disparate pieces.

May 12, 2022 5:05 PM

Dec 2020
yea it was pretty rushed. i was excited since this movie was so hyped up despite me not liking roselia at all. (i love their music just not the band themself) but i found myself scrolling on my phone multiple times. it was rushed, boring and kinda cringe. im being generous giving it a 6 because im biased towards their music but..wow. hoping the second movie is at least a bit better
Jun 19, 2022 1:37 PM
Feb 2016
That felt like a rushed mess. Both the plot and the character development were really hurt by it. At least the music was enjoyable.
Aug 5, 2022 3:32 AM

Jun 2021
That is really nice.
Aug 5, 2022 3:33 AM

Jun 2021
I've been waiting for this like 5 months and it's finally here...
Aug 6, 2022 6:00 PM
Apr 2022
What the top reviewer xNishimiya, said about this show and Bang Season 3 sums it up for me about the CG:
"If you'd watched Seasons 2/3 of BanG Dream! or the Film Live, then you'll know what to expect. The art for this movie is similar in that it's fully CG. Lighting and camera angles were mostly on point especially during Roselia's performances, which did well at striving to reproduce the atmosphere of an actual live. A minor gripe would be that the movement of the characters can be stiff, almost to the point of being robotic at times, and that's when you'd notice the CG doing its thing. Nothing much else to comment on this; I got used to the CG fairly quickly and it did not ruin the viewing experience. Not the best, but not immersion-breaking either."

Pretty much all flash here.
Feels rushed overall though, like some cash grab.
May 13, 2023 3:42 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I'm somewhat disappointed. Sure, Roselia was never my favorite band in bandori but they rushed through a whole lot of content, cut out some stuff altogether and none of the beats really hit.
I will say though that the CGI ain't the worst they've done, in fact it looked quite good.
Jun 10, 2023 10:09 PM
Apr 2020
Too rush, at one point I thought it would be the same as the manga, it's not a good movie despite the band.
Aug 30, 2023 11:54 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Goddamn, Yukina is cute....but hearing her A cappella at the end made me realize...she absolutely sucks at singing. It was like listening to a bad American Idol audition. Tone deaf and all over the place. Where does she get that confidence? Oh, it's her looks.

More topics from this board

» Damn, I can't enjoy it because the 'Girls' fun' element isn't there.

mufarari - Jan 8, 2022

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 8, 2022 6:31 AM

» Will this be in any streaming services?

reimirin - Jul 19, 2021

4 by removed-user »»
Dec 16, 2021 12:53 AM

» US Premiere Date

Gar_Logan - May 5, 2021

0 by Gar_Logan »»
May 5, 2021 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.