Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 3, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2020
Is there an anime similar to the atmosphere and storytelling from episodes 9 and 10 (Run, Melos!)?
By this, I'm referring to a story that has a theatrical style, as in the scenes from these episodes, or it could also be a story about classical literature, or a story where the characters participate in plays.

¡Que golpe tan bajo! ¡Demonio de niño! ¡Un puñetazo en el escroto es imperdonable!

May 11, 2021 9:04 AM
Jan 2018
I would have a few suggestions. The style is not exactly the same as in Run, Melos! but they're all great watches and I think you would enjoy at least one of them.

1. Glass no Kamen (2005) for a depiction of western theatre

2. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is a show about Rakugo, a form of Japanese verbal entertainment

3. Skip Beat! is another option, it's about a girl named Kyoko who gets into show business and acting in order to get revenge on rising pop icon Fuwa Sho. Throughout the series she gets several acting roles

4. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is a love story between two school girls. In the second half of the show the student council puts on a play, the main character being Touko Nanami, the student council president herself and one of the two girls. The show is more than just a love story, it depicts the way Touko changed her personality following a traumatic event and how she lost herself, which is portrayed in the school play. Even though the show seems to be worlds apart from Run, Melos!, I think it's quite similar in a way to Dazai's depiction of loneliness and a great watch overall

5. Perfect Blue is about a former idol who loses herself on her way to become an actress. This psychological thriller is a staple movie in anime and is a must watch

6. Ayakashi is the prequel to Mononoke and is a series of classic Japanese horror stories

7. Hashire Melos is a 2 hour long movie version of Run, Melos! directed by Oosumi Masaaki that also features some of Satoshi Kon's work
satan_says_hiMay 11, 2021 6:16 PM
Aug 11, 2021 10:29 AM

Jun 2020
satan_says_hi said:
I would have a few suggestions. The style is not exactly the same as in Run, Melos! but they're all great watches and I think you would enjoy at least one of them.

1. Glass no Kamen (2005) for a depiction of western theatre

2. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is a show about Rakugo, a form of Japanese verbal entertainment

3. Skip Beat! is another option, it's about a girl named Kyoko who gets into show business and acting in order to get revenge on rising pop icon Fuwa Sho. Throughout the series she gets several acting roles

4. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is a love story between two school girls. In the second half of the show the student council puts on a play, the main character being Touko Nanami, the student council president herself and one of the two girls. The show is more than just a love story, it depicts the way Touko changed her personality following a traumatic event and how she lost herself, which is portrayed in the school play. Even though the show seems to be worlds apart from Run, Melos!, I think it's quite similar in a way to Dazai's depiction of loneliness and a great watch overall

5. Perfect Blue is about a former idol who loses herself on her way to become an actress. This psychological thriller is a staple movie in anime and is a must watch

6. Ayakashi is the prequel to Mononoke and is a series of classic Japanese horror stories

7. Hashire Melos is a 2 hour long movie version of Run, Melos! directed by Oosumi Masaaki that also features some of Satoshi Kon's work

Thank you so much! I'll definitely watch them!

¡Que golpe tan bajo! ¡Demonio de niño! ¡Un puñetazo en el escroto es imperdonable!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 18, 2009

104 by JeremiahOrange »»
Feb 7, 12:59 AM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2009

83 by hi777 »»
Jan 18, 3:25 AM

» Aoi Bungaku OST nowhere to be found.

sdziscool - Nov 28, 2013

11 by EmoDante »»
Dec 8, 2023 1:57 PM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ginfizz - Dec 29, 2009

186 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 11 Discussion

Tiago97 - Oct 14, 2012

48 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.