Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Oct 25, 2021 4:51 PM

Jun 2016
Just when they were calling it home, the shelter got raided by a swat team, lol. Incredible timing by that monster tho. Thumbs up to it.

Isabella can be released from her imprisonment if she recaptures her children. She seems up for it, especially after that demon whispered something into her ear.

It was an okay time skip showcase. The kids at least looked happy for a bit.

Dec 27, 2021 1:55 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh God, they are unleashing her. I wonder if she'll switch teams.
Feb 28, 2022 8:25 PM

Apr 2016
So those two kids never told Emma and Ray about the other escape route before? Like aren't Emma and Ray supposed to be the leaders from this group? They should be happy these soldiers didn't know how to handle kids that can shoot some arrow to catch some ugly birds and grab with their bare hands weird slippery fish(?).
And they never adressed what that room with "Help" written all over the wall was suppose to be, they saw it, got shocked and then moved on to live their shelter life, okay.
This whole recaping and scrapping story is not going to have any risk for them.
SafrichhFeb 28, 2022 8:30 PM
May 18, 2022 8:39 PM

Nov 2012
so the shelter didn't last, and no explanation to how they exactly located it?
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 5, 2022 4:13 PM
Sep 2022
I hated what they did to Norman while I already hated Norman
Sep 10, 2022 6:45 AM

Nov 2021
Wow, what an absolute joke of an adaptation
Jan 12, 2023 1:57 AM
Aug 2022
i don't have any clue wtf is going on in manga but this anime story is hella rushed and bad. 
i feel sorry for the animation staff, what a waste of effort.
Jan 12, 2023 2:00 AM
Aug 2022
should have cut the corny chummy moments and put more explanation to the direction of the story.
Jan 15, 2023 12:54 PM
Jan 2023
good episode, love it
Feb 8, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Just like that, a year has passed and the kids honed their skills.

No more information on that room with "Help" written on it.
Not sure how they managed to find the bunker when it's clearly been used so many other times by other people and they were never found out.

I wonder if the "Demon" promised to save her son if she manages to find the group.
May 8, 2023 5:48 PM
May 2023
PISSED ME OFF IT WAS GETTING SHIT
May 26, 2023 8:21 AM

Feb 2012
I'm more curious as to how they found the shelter.. Do they have access to satellite surveillance?

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 23, 2023 12:15 PM
Jun 2023
WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAKING-
Sep 10, 2023 12:22 PM
Sep 2023
doesnt follow the manga
Sep 22, 2023 8:21 AM
Sep 2023
like what even is this show anymore
Jan 2, 5:11 PM

Dec 2022
Perplexing to see armed human squads attacking the kids all of a sudden. I thought all the humans on the "demon side" of the world were just part of the farms in some way, but now there's armed tactical squadrons working for the demons too?

At least Isabella looks pretty sexy with her hair down like that.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 4, 2:25 AM

Nov 2023
Aww they removed that unnamed guy :( That dude was soo well written
Feb 14, 7:14 AM
Jan 2024
Espero que justifiquen de alguna manera que se supiera dónde estaba el refugio. Y lo del demonio gigante es demasiado conveniente. Pero bueno, me gusta ver cómo se aventuran los personajes. Y finalmente supimos algo de Isabella, pensé que la iban a matar. No sé qué habrá pasado con Phil y los otros chicos.
Por ahora me sigue gustando. El veredicto final dependerá de cómo resuelvan algunos detalles que dejaron medio colgados en estos primeros capítulos.
4/5
Feb 14, 7:30 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to jemmo
Ok I’m feeling conflicted so here goes...
I’m an anime-only so I know I’m not in a manga readers shoes about feeling disappointed. And I know that ‘adaptation’ isn’t a definitive term, and adaptations can be as close or as far removed from their source material as they want. I also haven’t heard or been around the discourse concerning the manga’s quality, but what I can gauge from here is that after the first arc, the quality fell? And now the anime has missed out a big chunk, basically what constituted a whole arc and some other characters, but the manga creator is behind these changes in the anime? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
But from this, I have thoughts. Firstly, I’m not about to pick up the manga just yet, and not just because it differs. From experience, I’ve found I don’t like consuming a series in manga and anime form at the same time as being in different places of the story confuses me and I’d rather just take in all the shock and twists and turns in one media form, which is especially important for this show. And as much as I’d like to know what happens in the arc they missed out, I’m sure I’ll read the manga later, but at this point I don’t want to look it up at risk of longer term spoilers.
Nevertheless, I can’t help but feel some disappointment. I get that for manga readers it’s annoying not to see an arc animated, especially if that included some favourite characters and that the changes disrupt the story, but I also feel like anime-onlys have been cheated out of a story. Even if the creator didn’t like how it worked out so is reworking it, I still want to consume that version of the story but now I only can in the manga.
But also, I’m not exactly that mad. First off, after that episode and before reading these comments, I thought the episode was great. I was shocked, I was on the edge of my seat, and I like how things played out. And I was excited to discuss theories of where the story may head but all the comments were just about the shift to anime original so nope. But I do think that, if the manga creator wanted to change a story they weren’t satisfied with in the anime, go for it. I’m not gonna suddenly turn my back on the series just because it’s not the same as the manga. And honestly, if I were a manga fan, I might be a little excited. Yeah I may not get what I expect, but isn’t that what the shows about? And now manga fans aren’t watching knowing exactly what will happen, they can watch in suspense and on edge too, and can theorise where the story will head. That is if the story will dramatically change. For all we know, the extent of the manga creators changes may just be shuffling around some plot points, and the same things may happen but just slightly differently. Anyway, I don’t want to jump the gun yet. Let’s just wait and see how it unfolds and then judge based on what we’re given, not on what we expect to get, or what we miss.
@jemmo
I agree with you. The same happened to me... Only 3 years later LOL
Let's see what we get. It hasn't been even half of the season yet
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Jun 2020
Re-watch

Not even half of the season yet but I want to take back my words when I said, "This season isn't that bad." Well, this season is really that bad. I think even the anime only will notice it too; the sudden changes of the characterizations, cringy emotional conversations, some scenes with power-point looked like, and don't even mention the animation... They objectively fall behind from the first season in overall quality, which is fair to compare with.

The way those kids keep remembering Norman every time they talk about something is just out of place. I literally giggled anytime the "Norman... :'(" moments came from them. Oh, also that monster's movement is just like some mecha robots, I'm impressed how they don't even bother to improve the animation at this point, lol.

Yeah, this season is good and enjoyable, comedically. The only things I could take seriously here are the OP and ED. Anything other than that are just some fan fiction made by the official staff.

I was trying so hard for myself to don't criticize it too harsh... But it turned out like this. At least I hope it's ok to laugh at it like some funny jokes.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

202 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 14, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.