Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2020 9:20 AM

May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved the movie.
Nobita is one lucky man to marry such a kind and caring woman, Shizuka-chan xD
I did not expect grandma to be there when Nobita gave his wedding speech. It certainly was not in the original version. Very nice addition.
I wish Nobita and Shizuka nothing but happiness T^T
Jan 4, 2021 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
When it released at Indonesian?
Jan 20, 2021 1:11 AM
Jun 2020
When it's gonna release in other countries?
Mar 28, 2021 4:43 AM
Aug 2011
Watched today. Really enjoyed the ride. 9/10 (I think the first movie is better overall but this is still a legit successor)
Apr 13, 2021 1:19 PM

Feb 2021
Finally watched it today.One of the best 3D anime movies.I dont know why this is not popular in west.
Apr 14, 2021 4:33 AM
Jan 2021
removed-user said:
When it released at Indonesian?
ITU udah rilis bro cei aja di film apik
Apr 15, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2020
Lelouchking_89 said:
Finally watched it today.One of the best 3D anime movies.I dont know why this is not popular in west.
from where you watch the movie I can't find anywhere in English sub
Please recommend any site to watch the movie
Apr 17, 2021 1:54 PM
Nov 2020
What's with the tags kids and seinen
Apr 17, 2021 4:13 PM

Apr 2019
In this film, do you have holes in the script, or am I lost?
It shows adult Shizuka saying that Nobita came out of nowhere, but she believes that he will still come back, and that is after Nobita child says "good afternoon" in the speech.

After solving several things, they go to another timeline while the Giant is singing, but this Nobita is from the timeline that Shizuka was already waiting for him after the wedding. The question is: How is Shizuka and Nobita in that timeline that she is expecting Nobita, since he went to another timeline? And the Nobita from that timeline they went to, he was supposed to be the one to marry her, and not the Nobita from the timeline that Shizuka was waiting for (she will be waiting for him forever, because he is on another line of time, and this other one that was supposed to be with her?).
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 PM

Jan 2020
This was so good. I'm so proud of Nobita for finally marrying her and that whole speech was super emotional. I loved the scenes with the Grandma (retelling of obaachan no omoide) and the mom and dad part (the day nobita was born special) and they both fit perfectly with the story. The theme song for the movie is fantastic too.

Loved it.

Apr 20, 2021 12:04 AM

Jan 2018
ProxyLain said:
It shows adult Shizuka saying that Nobita came out of nowhere, but she believes that he will still come back, and that is after Nobita child says "good afternoon" in the speech.

After solving several things, they go to another timeline while the Giant is singing, but this Nobita is from the timeline that Shizuka was already waiting for him after the wedding. The question is: How is Shizuka and Nobita in that timeline that she is expecting Nobita, since he went to another timeline? And the Nobita from that timeline they went to, he was supposed to be the one to marry her, and not the Nobita from the timeline that Shizuka was waiting for (she will be waiting for him forever, because he is on another line of time, and this other one that was supposed to be with her?).

I think that timeline got completely erased.
Time traveling is confusing even in kids' movies.
Apr 21, 2021 3:54 AM

Feb 2021
Aastik28092003 said:
Lelouchking_89 said:
from where you watch the movie I can't find anywhere in English sub
Please recommend any site to watch the movie
In 9anime.to https://9anime.to/watch/stand-by-me-doraemon-2.50w0/ep-full
Apr 21, 2021 3:42 PM
Dec 2011
ProxyLain said:

When they are back in our known timeline with grown Nobita, adult Nobita doesn't want to go back. His intention was to never go back to his future, that's why when they look at the TV a year in the future from the weading, it's a future in which Nobita never comes back to his future.
But then Nobita changes his mind and goes back to the day of his own weding, so that year in the future in which Shizuka is alone no longer exist, because Nobita went back.

It's a little confusing, but it has sense in terms of time traveling. :_)
May 6, 2021 10:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
^yep, that one above me is kinda make a sense. The time travelling one in this one really a well done job. Always been easy and be a fun-ride even until the end of duration. But, i am still wondering, tho, why that future Nobita don't have the Doraemon anymore, while the present Nobita still got that tanuki robot until the end of the movie? There's must be something really goin on in the future, and its really the real parting point, not just some lies like the first movie. I hope this Stand By Me still got the chance to produce another sequel part and cleared that thing out. So i can finally say that the doraemon really a one hella fun-ride and enjoyable nostalgic kid show in term of the sci-fi time travelling genre.

Phew finally got a done job watching this one. In term of story telling and the plot flow this one really got a better idea and well thought than their first movie. The sentimental part only revolved around the grandma, which is still in term of understandable matter. By the short, i can honestly say that SbM Doraemon 2 deserved my 8/10. Really looking forward to the third, if any. Thats it all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 7, 2021 7:01 AM

Feb 2015
I'm crying not because on the actual tear-jerker parts but because I realized that I have no time machine to go back to my child self, watching Doraemon every morning while eating the breakfast my mother made me, and just enjoying life every single day. Truly childhood is the best part of our lives and things just get worse as time goes by.
Jun 12, 2021 9:34 AM
Nov 2020
ProxyLain said:

this is a kids movie and in the original scenes there were small hints of the adult nobita,nobita and doraemon being there like the scene in nobita's room with invisible doraemon or the on on the staircase of the wedding venue in future where there was a guy in suit seeing them from top of stair when they were runing down. And doraemon has a single timeline so actions don't result in new timeline being created because that's too much complicated for a kids show.
Jun 12, 2021 10:19 AM

Apr 2019
Krishnkth12 said:
ProxyLain said:

this is a kids movie and in the original scenes there were small hints of the adult nobita,nobita and doraemon being there like the scene in nobita's room with invisible doraemon or the on on the staircase of the wedding venue in future where there was a guy in suit seeing them from top of stair when they were runing down. And doraemon has a single timeline so actions don't result in new timeline being created because that's too much complicated for a kids show.

This is exactly one of the holes. They tried to do something complex and it didn't work, leaving a hole in the script.

When adult Nobita is watching child Nobita and Doraemon descending the ladder, it is another adult Nobita in the timeline where child Nobita and Doraemon (the "originals", so to speak) were working to work things out.
When Nobita and Doraemon take the adult Nobita to the wedding again, they are in another timeline that is not the timeline that the child Nobita ("original") pretended to be an adult, as it shows another Nobita with another Doraemon descending the stairs.

It makes me upset. The first movie is excellent, and this one tried to be very complex and ended up full of holes in the script.
Aug 15, 2021 2:45 PM

Feb 2020
well, that was a great movie. i really loved nobita being gutsy with the bullies and the speech part. the final song was also beautiful.

though there are 2 problem, i think the tv which shows future creates a plot hole. though i think if its just predictes possible future then it kind of make sense and but how the sole exchange ribbon worked still doesnt make sense.

overall i still enjoyed it for most part
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
Nobita character is so cringy and harmful for ur eyes.
Oct 31, 2021 5:08 PM
Aug 2020
Oh man, I cried so many times… (more than 6 times). Ngl, crying is an understatement, sobbing would be more accurate. So many emotions, so many sad tears, so many happy tears. I love how the movie lets you predict what would happen with the time travelling stuff, and yet still somehow makes it unpredictable.

Also, I’M SO PROUD OF NOBITA 😭😭😭 he has matured so much 😭❤️
I_I15Oct 31, 2021 5:14 PM
Oct 31, 2021 6:13 PM
Aug 2020
ProxyLain said:

What happened was:
Child Nobita and Doraemon time travelled to the future to see your if the wedding has happened because they wanted to show it to grandma. When they arrived in the future, their time machine was ‘parked’ in the toilet.

The adult Nobita at the time was worried that he would be a troublesome husband to Shizuka, so he went the the toilet where the time machine was ‘parked’ before the wedding started, and went back to the past to escape and try to find an answer to how he can be a good husband.

Since the child Nobita and Doraemon came to the future to see if the wedding actually happened, they realised that adult Nobita is gone, so child Nobita wore the time cloak to make himself look older, so that he can attend the wedding pretending to be adult Nobita.

But when he needed to give a wedding speech, he didn’t know what to do. So he told everyone to wait while him and Doraemon try to find the real adult Nobita. Gion started to sing, and the child Nobita with adult body used the time cloak to go back to his child body. They ran down the escalator to go back to their time machine.

They then find out that their time machine was gone because the real adult Nobita used it to go back to the past, so they used another way to go back to the past (the soul swapping thing).

When they went back to the past, they found adult Nobita, and helped him find an answer to how he can be a good husband to Shizuka.

Adult Nobita is confident to go back to the wedding, so all 3 of them (adult Nobita, child Nobita and Doraemon) time travelled back to the future. When they arrived, the 3 of them saw child Nobita and Doraemon from before running down the escalator right when Gion had started singing.

The real adult Nobita was finally able to continue the wedding. And when adult Nobita was going back in the wedding, child Nobita and Doraemon were able to bring grandma to watch the wedding speech just on time.

So basically, child Nobita and Doraemon time travelled to the future, the adult Nobita used that time machine to go to the past, the child Nobita and Doraemon found out, went back to the past, and brought the adult Nobita back to the future to continue the wedding.

I hope this explains your question.
I_I15Oct 31, 2021 6:30 PM
Nov 6, 2021 4:49 AM

Sep 2013
It took me forever to watch this movie after the first, but I'm very satisfied. I grew up with Doraemon and seeing him, Nobita & friends always brings me joy with smiles and tears no matter how much time passes.

Never change!!!
Jan 22, 2022 6:18 AM

Jan 2022
The movie was really great and can have a potential tag of romance genre too, but never mind. Just the fact that anyone noticed Nobita took 50yrs to marry Shizuka, ig the longest in any series in the world. But still a great pay-off we received.
Just go and read I'm in Love with the Villainess LN.
Feb 16, 2022 11:45 AM

May 2016
ProxyLain said:
Krishnkth12 said:

This is exactly one of the holes. They tried to do something complex and it didn't work, leaving a hole in the script.

When adult Nobita is watching child Nobita and Doraemon descending the ladder, it is another adult Nobita in the timeline where child Nobita and Doraemon (the "originals", so to speak) were working to work things out.
When Nobita and Doraemon take the adult Nobita to the wedding again, they are in another timeline that is not the timeline that the child Nobita ("original") pretended to be an adult, as it shows another Nobita with another Doraemon descending the stairs.

It makes me upset. The first movie is excellent, and this one tried to be very complex and ended up full of holes in the script.

yea there's definitely a hole,
lets say
group A for nobita kid and doraemon looking for Nobita adult
entity A for nobita adult with crisis
entity B nobita adult who overcome crisis
group B for group A+entity B

if its 1 timeline, they make it sounds like history is written in realtime, but if its written in real time, future entity meeting past self entity should have past self memory filled in realtime but entity B doesn't look like he knew "the promise" his past self talk about and surprise when he saw his grandmother.

when group A descending escalator looking for entity A, group B ascending elevator bringing entity B to to the wedding on hold and reunite with shizuka.
but when group A showing entity A 1 year after the wedding day in present day, its supposed to show Shizuka with entity B since entity B is already there when group A still scrambling around on the street, unless its showing a different timeline.

it should've been ok if the first escalator scene never show entity B ascending and get away with "history getting rewrite", or never show the whole checking 1 year after wedding scene.

but ah well its a kids show, and they're playing with time travel mumbo jumbo in the first place so its gonna be mumbo jumbo
May 29, 2022 4:40 AM
Oct 2017
Has something happened to Takeshi's sister? In the final scene of the wedding it can be seen a picture of Nobita and Shizuka married made by Yaiko, but she isn't there. Is that something relevant or am I exaggerating? I must admit at first i thought that she was aliven't.
Aug 12, 2022 4:12 AM
Mar 2022
It's such a cute movie. The nostalgia hits different when you watch this film. The story is written and shown so beautifully, I don't even have words to describe it. The relation of Nobita with his grandmother and Doraemon is so wholesome.
The ending was the most beautiful. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

I wish they also make a 3rd part.
Dec 3, 2023 9:37 AM
Dec 2014
Awesome movie
For me this is the true conclusion of Doraemon series.

More topics from this board

» WOW! second movie :)

Vishal98 - Dec 29, 2019

12 by Tristar_Shinobi »»
Jan 15, 2022 3:39 AM

» I am not sure anyomore

FervidJubatus - Sep 2, 2021

7 by Rndmguypassingby »»
Dec 27, 2021 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.