Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2019 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
FUCK: The Episode

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 7, 2019 8:38 AM
Apr 2016
Rest in Peace Boo!
May 7, 2019 8:39 AM
Apr 2016
Rest in peace Soon!
Oct 8, 2019 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
I hope the series goes all the way with it's grim dark story and just kills everyone. There's no way this series should have a happy ending after all that's happened. It wouldn't fit.
Nov 15, 2019 8:42 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... shit has hit the fan.

I'm not sure what else I expected, half the characters died. Poor Soon and Boo... 😭

I'm done with Nabuca, dude is retarded. This would be out of character, but I hope Shuu strangles him to death.

I'm honestly out of words, this might be the most intense penultimate episode of any show I've ever seen.
Jan 15, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
Oh no the cute children died, who could have possibly seen that coming. It's sad that boo died but I knew soon was here to die the second she walked on screen
Aug 13, 2020 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
wtf is this anime, don't know if i should rate it 10 or 1
Aug 14, 2020 3:08 AM

Aug 2013
@Rei_III: There's a lot of "coincidences" in this anime, like the fact that Sara and Shuu-Lala Ru meet again in Zari-Bars, plus the fact that they never found Zari-Bars, for years, and conveniently the soldier who likes Sara (and presumably the father of her baby) found it just when everyone was gathered there. I can keep going but that's an anime I guess, it's normal to find some coincidences like these but I felt like the end was rush. Moreover, there's still a lot of unanswered questions.

It may seem like I'm just complaining, but as you may have already seen, I gave it a 9. I really enjoyed this anime overall, the characters, especially Shuu, although a lot of people don't seem to like him, I really like straighforward characters like him, the music is good too and eventhough the end was a little bit rush, this anime did quite well for 13 episodes.
Aug 14, 2020 3:26 AM

Dec 2015
@_Kudo_ Thanks for the answer.
I never thought the coincidences were coming from the fact it's a japanese animated series. Maybe because of my childhood spent on "overconsumption of fictions" I simply came to imagine they were an essential ingredient of any kind of fiction in triggering events. But I can "see" them indeed.

(the question was in no way meant to criticize you, I do not care about people's notes. What's behind is what is interesting. ^^)

PS: désolée pour l'anglais !
Rei_IIIAug 14, 2020 3:29 AM
Aug 16, 2020 4:54 AM

Aug 2017
I was thinking about Boo's fate many episodes ago, looks like my worst predictions came true. Powerful episode.

But of course people who view themselves as "smart critics" complain about how it's "forced" and "pretentious" that all that violence happened and that children died. How could the director do that, it's just for "shock value"! Predictable!

Sigh. Missing the point again. How about just learning a bit more history and understanding that nothing in this show is "pretentious shock value". This happens. The message is screaming in the viewers' faces but some still fail to see it and deride the show as "forced".

Oh, and I *expect* people complaining about Abelia till the very end. "Lack of character development"! "Unrealistic"! Actually there were a lot of crazy kings in history that had followers nevertheless. And many people who respected the authority of some dictator and commited horrible things for one reason or another. You don't need to go inside everybody's head and figure out why they're working for Hamdo. That's all. In the case of Abelia, she presumably loves him (obvious from many scenes and her reactions).
St0rmbladeAug 16, 2020 4:59 AM
Oct 15, 2020 8:18 PM

Feb 2018
I'm speechless, that end was amazing and for once the black out silence really worked well. Really good rising actions that also communicated the themes of the story. This series is going to fit nicely into my collection of top tier animated war series (RvB, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Fullmetal Alchemist, A:TLA).
Apr 3, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
Yeah, I knew Boo would die the second he popped up, but something about the whole scene hit really well all the sweet, emotional spots, specially because of the ost - and lack thereof. I can't remember the last time I got goosebumps from any work, but this episode did it for me more than once: when Abelia was trotting through the village and flashes of dead villagers showed up, and the whole last confrontation.
Jul 12, 2021 11:58 AM
May 2012
Miragee said:
PeanutSteak said:
Boo is dead, I thought that he and Nabuca might come to their senses and realize that what they were doing is wrong, at least maybe now Nabuca will realize it. I look forward to seeing how this is all going to end.

No because almost everybody in this show is fucking stupid. Boo, as minor of a character as he is, was on of the few decent. Together with the doctor I guess. Both died this episode to save another idiot. Great. At least Elamba is dead so I only have to endure the stupidity of Hamdo, Nabuca and the MC for the final episode. Great. Maybe they'll add some thoughtful silence by Lala Ru or some shouting by Sara or some blind obedience by Abelia.

How can they fuck up a show so hard with terrible character writing? So much wasted potential right there.

I'll have to agree. Though post ending song scene was kinda sad.
Oct 18, 2021 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
noooooooo why they had to kill Boo and Soon ;______;

Fuck that guy Embala or whatever his name is
May 21, 2022 9:48 PM

Sep 2016
Nooo,not boo and soon too geez
Jan 12, 2023 1:52 AM

Jul 2017
i'm crying, i hope the ending will be at least a bit positive
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 30, 2023 11:13 PM

Dec 2022
Elamba died and accomplished nothing, as expected. Nabuca is too delusional for me at this point. Willing naivety isn't an excuse for what he's done. Even Boo (who was complicit with throwing Sara into the rape cell) eventually realised that Hamdo planned on exploiting them until they died, but Nabuca just uses threats and guns to silence people at every opportunity. Soon dying was awful though, she deserved better.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 16, 2023 12:10 PM

Jun 2022
Man this anime is too depressing and brutal, they just killed off half the characters just like that as if it was nothing. Don't get me wrong it a good show, but it's been so sad and emotionally taxing to watch. I don't even want to know what the ending will be like.
Jun 21, 2023 12:19 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The second I knew what was going to happen in the last 5 minutes, I just kept holding my breathe.

I don’t know how this will end but cheers.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Curious about the title….

Eykosca - Nov 28, 2023

1 by ErogakiPatches »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:38 AM

» How good would you consider the ending and characters? Would you guys consider this wasted potential?

_Arc4n1_ - Apr 25, 2021

10 by Eykosca »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:01 PM

» What a great main character!

Dd5 - Sep 3, 2022

10 by Dd5 »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 2, 2008

185 by mal_user_2022 »»
Oct 1, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 1 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 31, 2008

49 by dspr »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.