Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2020 10:47 AM
Jun 2020
Steins Gate in many ways reminds me of the German show Dark. Both of these shows are based on timetravel and concepts like bootstrap paradoxes and Multiverse.

Might be a possibility that this anime was a source of inspiration for Baran bo Odar?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 17, 2020 1:06 AM
Feb 2019
Yeah I finished all 3 seasons of Dark not too long ago, it's a pretty good time travel series as well. I also believe that Steins;Gate inspired Dark to some extent but Dark was way more confusing, that's not necessarily a bad thing though.
Jul 20, 2020 1:18 AM

May 2016
Ridzyay said:
Steins Gate in many ways reminds me of the German show Dark. Both of these shows are based on timetravel and concepts like bootstrap paradoxes and Multiverse.

Might be a possibility that this anime was a source of inspiration for Baran bo Odar?

I didn't see Dark, but Steins;Gate has no bootstrap paradoxes and multiverse.
-
Aug 15, 2020 10:52 AM
Jul 2020
Meh steins;gate original is still better.
Nov 19, 2020 1:58 PM
Aug 2018
Actually steins; gate has the boostrap paradox yes, in steins; gate 0 I think in episode 12 there is one, but it’s not like dark that revolves around that.
Nov 20, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2016
Joutarou_ said:
Actually steins; gate has the boostrap paradox yes, in steins; gate 0 I think in episode 12 there is one, but it’s not like dark that revolves around that.

Nope, that's not a bootstrap paradox either. Becuase of how worldlines work, and because of every kind of time travel changes the worldline, bootstrap paradoxes cannot form in Steins;Gate.

Further read about the song: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/
-
Dec 1, 2020 8:06 AM
Mar 2017
Dark is better than stein gate
May 6, 2022 10:08 PM
May 2022
Steins; Gate >>>>>>>>> Dark
May 11, 2022 9:42 AM
Jan 2021

dark>>>>>>>>>>>>steins gate Anyone who claims otherwise hasn't watched dark or is an sg fan.
May 22, 2022 9:26 AM
Jun 2020
Steins;gate by a long way. Dark has no scifi theory. It just throws around the Bootstrap Paradox Card and mixes up the stuff here and there but it's enjoyable I agree and there a lot of Easter eggs as well. When it comes to Steins;gate, the scifi theory is kinda unparalleled and after ep12 especially the storytelling makes you so consumed in the story lol and it also has one of the best endings in History.
Jun 9, 2022 4:51 AM

Oct 2019
feyyazu35 said:

dark>>>>>>>>>>>>steins gate Anyone who claims otherwise hasn't watched dark or is an sg fan.

Idk if dark is better or not since I haven't seen it.

but come on man, how can you rate both steins gate and steins gate 0 the same score and expect me to trust your opinion.

I don't care if you think they are both overrated or even shit. but rating them the same score is just kind of dumb.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 9, 2022 5:11 AM
Jan 2021
feyyazu35 said:

Idk if dark is better or not since I haven't seen it.

but come on man, how can you rate both steins gate and steins gate 0 the same score and expect me to trust your opinion.

I don't care if you think they are both overrated or even shit. but rating them the same score is just kind of dumb.

Steins gate is better than steins gate 0, but steins gate 0 was a little less than 6 points. If I could give steins gate 0, I would give 6.5. But I changed sg 0 for you.
Jun 9, 2022 5:44 AM

May 2021
feyyazu35 said:

Or your're a Dark fan.

Jun 9, 2022 6:01 AM
Jan 2021
feyyazu35 said:

Or your're a Dark fan.
You don't become a fan when you say Dark is better. Because dark is really better.There are dark fans but I'm not
Jan 22, 3:05 PM
Jan 2024
I'll give you all my rankings.

I've seen Steins Gate, Dark, and Breaking Bad.

Steins Gate = It touched my emotions in a way that no other medium in the world could provide.

Breaking Bad = Very good. It's worth following almost every episode. But it still doesn't pull my emotions that much.

Dark = From the middle of SS2 to the end of the story it is a good sleeping pill.I don't like the atmosphere in the church. I don't like Adam and Eva. Just thinking about it makes me feel bad It moves very slowly The picture was dark and the lights were dim, making it very tempting to fall asleep and you have to watched carefully and I have to think of something complicated as well in story. What I'm saying will make you realize how sleep-inducing it is. When I finished watching it, it made me very happy. Not because it ended well. But I think this madness is finally over. Because it tortured me for more than 10+hours.

I dare say that for these 3 stories, I prepared my body 100% because I am a very serious person about media.

It can be summarized as follows: Steins Gate > Breaking Bad > Dark

Just watching the end of Steins Gate 0 when the song Gate of steins came up, I really thought it was better than both of them.

It's a personal opinion. From me, I've watched all 3 stories, every season. and understand everything 100%
Jan 23, 6:44 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.