Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2020 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I get to start.

This was a pretty huge chapter. I think the revelation with the Head Doctor is the craziest thing Araki has done. Love Rai and Gappy teaming up again, Joshu being Chad af, and we get a new Police reference! (Since WB owns Police, that name won't have to be censored in the anime!)
Updated my journal
Jun 18, 2020 10:31 PM

Aug 2017
Easily one of, if not the best chapter of Jojo in entirety so far.
Jun 19, 2020 3:02 AM

Mar 2018
Time for my man Joshu to S H I N E
Jun 19, 2020 3:51 AM

Dec 2019
There's so many things happening! I think Joshu will have problems with Tooru next chapter.
And of course, there's Josuke/Mamezuku vs. HD.

Also, I hope you guys haven't forgot about that flash-forward where the Higashikata are acting normal despite Norisuke's body.
Jun 19, 2020 7:25 AM
May 2017
these rock animals are so fucking weird man, i tell ya.
Jun 19, 2020 10:55 AM
Nov 2015
Weird how your stand is a more professional doctor than you but is he really 89 ? lol
Jun 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Jan 2020
Awesome chapter, it's always great to see some ORA ORA ORA action even if its against some mysterious insect.
Jun 19, 2020 3:32 PM

Jan 2019
It'll be interesting seeing how each of these plot lines are going to converge in the end. Joshu is hopefully going to get a character arc involving Tohru and just act like a chad in general. The fight between Josuke, Rai, and Tohru's stand has also started off with a bang. I just hope we get a lot of fleshening when it comes to Tohru's character.
Jun 19, 2020 5:10 PM

Jan 2020
Dearest God, I spent almost the entire night waiting for this chapter. Thank God I had others to talk to and listen to music with. Good God...
When Josuke talked about Rai, it sounded like he's going to beat the HD with the power of friendship. That was nice, but what's more important is that Joshu scene. Well, well, I hope more people will truly see his greatness. To hell with the Joshuphobes that still call him a "simp".
...-su.
Jun 19, 2020 5:41 PM
May 2017
Horuho said:
Dearest God, I spent almost the entire night waiting for this chapter. Thank God I had others to talk to and listen to music with. Good God...
When Josuke talked about Rai, it sounded like he's going to beat the HD with the power of friendship. That was nice, but what's more important is that Joshu scene. Well, well, I hope more people will truly see his greatness. To hell with the Joshuphobes that still call him a "simp".

Rai is so f dead dude lol.
Jun 20, 2020 9:35 AM

Jan 2020
RabidFish said:
Horuho said:

Rai is so f dead dude lol.

Don't remind me. At least Yasuho is save, so Josuke doesn't completely go mad.
...-su.
Jun 20, 2020 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
This is all you need to know that this chapter is good.
Seriously tho, this chapter showing the doctor being wall phasing monster and hinting at a Joshu redemption is great.

Jun 20, 2020 5:24 PM

Feb 2020
This final battle is getting really intense.
I love that they introduced a new rock animal, they have to be one the most interesting aspects of Jojolion.
Jun 21, 2020 6:49 AM

Jan 2011
Jesus, this is so trippy.
Jun 23, 2020 5:59 AM
Nov 2019
Ngl this is the chapter that secured the 10/10 for me
Jun 23, 2020 6:51 AM

May 2020
This chapter was definitely the best in awhile what with the HD talking and the rock bugs.
Jun 23, 2020 9:11 PM

Nov 2018
Had to wait a little longer than usual for translation, but it was worth it. this is easily the best chapter in this arc (if it ends up being thrown into "the wonder of you" arc in the takobon). Thank you to everyone at hi wa mata noboru for getting it done. You're all awesome.

The final battles seem to be starting. (Joshu vs Tooru, Gappy & Rai vs HD) If the HD is actually Tooru's stand, I kinda wonder if he'll be able to fight Joshu at all? Overall very interesting chapter. Can't wait until mid July for the next one.
Jun 25, 2020 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
So, are we just supposed to accept that a Stand has been (physically?) interacting with normal people all the time or what?

We still don't know what the Stand was that appeared in the staircase behind Jousuke at the beginning of the arc.
Jun 25, 2020 6:26 AM
May 2017
grandy_UiD said:
So, are we just supposed to accept that a Stand has been (physically?) interacting with normal people all the time or what?

We still don't know what the Stand was that appeared in the staircase behind Jousuke at the beginning of the arc.

it's the head doctor. Couldn't you tell by the design of the face? it's the same stand.
I still think there's some trick to Tooru and the HD, Araki is known for not following his own rules but this is just too big for him to not at least bring it up.
Jun 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Jun 2009
RabidFish said:

it's the head doctor. Couldn't you tell by the design of the face? it's the same stand.

Oh hey, I guess it is. I have to admit I didn't actually go back to take another look at it, I just remembered that it looked TOTALLY different. And to be fair...it does. Except for the face. Just makes this even weirder...
Jul 9, 2020 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
Two thoughts that randomly came to my mind recently, just leaving this here:

1. Did they fire Nijimura the maid?
2. Where the hell is Hijikata-Mom in all this? Remember when we thought she could be the main antagonist? Now I don't even remember her name.
Jul 10, 2020 4:03 AM
Jun 2020
JoJolion has really shown the skill that Araki possesses in character writing. You can genuinely see the improvement that Araki has had over the years in quality of writing. For example how there is a theme of Josuke trying to find out who he is in the both literal and figurative sense.
This specific chapter has had a significant amount of suspense that has had us the readers on the edge of our seats, itching to know what happens in the next chapter. Leaving us with questions such as, What happens to the characters, is Yasuho's ex -boyfriend going get exposed as the head doctor and so forth.
From the bottom of my heart I genuinely haven't been excited for a new manga chapter in a while and it is this excitement that motivates me to read such a beautiful masterpiece .
Jul 10, 2020 7:03 PM

Feb 2020
8JP8 said:

And no, JoJolion doesn't have a main villain.

At this point in the story I would argue that Tooru is the main antagonist, as he is the head of the organization that all the rock humans belonged to.
Jul 23, 2020 8:14 PM

Jan 2020
iine said:
This is all you need to know that this chapter is good.
Seriously tho, this chapter showing the doctor being wall phasing monster and hinting at a Joshu redemption is great.

Joshu was always good.
...-su.
Sep 1, 2020 6:23 PM

Oct 2013
Battle of wits between Josuke (supported by Rai) and the Head Doctor! Also, another rock animal appeared and once again it has a funny name.

I wonder if Tooru's Stand is something brand new in JoJo. Like, a Stand acting like one, but also being able to materialize into a person and allow people who do not control any Stands to see it.

Joshu's about to have his hero moment! Will he impress Yasuho? I think he doesn't care about it right now. He must've seen Jobin lying in a pool of blood.

@iine, but Joshu is not bad to be honest. Sure, his personality is really specific (to put it lightly, lol) and he acted like an asshole many times, but he is not essentially bad or something to require redemption of some sort.
Aug 23, 2021 2:35 PM

Oct 2012
Hm, so this confirmed that the head doctor was in fact a stand and it's all Tooru alone... I don't mind Tooru being the antagonist but I still don't get how the stand was able to hold a presentation. Maybe Tooru can change his appearance and it was him? Would be creepy if he's actually 89 years old while dating Yasuho, though.

I'm hoping for a badass Joshu moment, or maybe even for the entire Higashikata family to do something. And god damn it... Where is Nijimura?? That character was entirely pointless thus far.
Nov 26, 2021 5:44 PM

Nov 2013
I really don't like the fact that the head doctor ended up being Tooru's stand. To me it really seems like the head doctor was really supposed to be just a rock human at first, and not Tooru's stand, but then Araki changed plans and found a convenient way to make it seem like it makes sense for him to be Tooru's stand.
The fact that Jousuke saw the image of the old man's stand, which clearly looked like a stand, when they were walking down the stairs in the hospital seems like a big plot hole to me. First it was the image of the stand that was the sign indicating that things would hit them as they decided to pursue the old man, and then Araki changed plans deciding to make it so that the image of the old man was a sign of calamity itself. And all those Mamezuku's monologues were part of the magic trick to make the change of plans seem more convincing, even though Araki is clearly throwing away previously established premises.
And he also began to draw the old man with a stand's face all of a sudden, which seems like he is trying to say: "Hey, it's not like I forgot about the stand that was shown at first; It's just that it and the old man are actually the two parts of the same stand. hehehe...".
Perhaps it was in fact Araki's plan from the very beginning, but it's hard to believe that such is the case. I can't stop having the unease feeling that I'm being fooled.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 2, 2022 1:25 PM

Nov 2020
Well now im sure Rai wont live long lmao :(. These rock animals are pain in the ass too.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jul 1, 2022 9:10 AM

Sep 2020
josuke and rai finally come face to face with the head doctor
Sep 6, 2023 4:22 PM

Mar 2023
I love the energy coming from these chapters...

Starting with that bash in the wall, The Wonder of You has been such a fascinating stand that has been so cool to watch take effect.

I wonder why Tooru is entertaining a fight with Jousuke, since he should be focusing on getting the rokakaka instead, but I'm still intrigued to see how things go! Maybe I'll get an answer.
Nov 30, 2023 7:30 PM

Mar 2021
Pro tip: Listen to Elvis Presley Wonder of U while reading from this point forward. One of the most terrifying and best looking stands in Jojo outta boy Araki you've outdone yourself with this one.
TarikKabirNov 30, 2023 7:35 PM
Jan 12, 3:02 PM
Apr 2020
Nice, Head Doctor finally revealed to be that stand from the staircase or wherever that panel was. Josuke cookin something

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Chapter 68 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 18, 2017

8 by DanilegoPlays »»
Apr 28, 8:19 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Chapter 66 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jun 18, 2017

19 by DanilegoPlays »»
Apr 28, 8:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.