Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2020 7:25 PM

Aug 2019
Should I count the larger section which are actually labelled chapters or the subsections?

Initially I thought it was the larger sections, but for the Monogatari series MAL counts the subsections with Hitagi Crab, which is the first "chapter" counting as eight, which is the number of subsections.

This would only make a difference for the first, sixth, and seventh volume (as far as I know) because the chapters of the others aren't split into subsections.
rinne-8May 15, 2020 7:36 PM
Sep 7, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Rinne-no-Hai said:
Should I count the larger section which are actually labelled chapters or the subsections?

Initially I thought it was the larger sections, but for the Monogatari series MAL counts the subsections with Hitagi Crab, which is the first "chapter" counting as eight, which is the number of subsections.

This would only make a difference for the first, sixth, and seventh volume (as far as I know) because the chapters of the others aren't split into subsections.

Hey, not sure if you still need an answer, but they’re counted by the chapters in an individual volume. If a volume has 3 chapters and the next has 5, the total chapters read would be 8. I know it can be a headache trying to add up light novel, but I assume the subsections also count as different ones, making our lives harder lol

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME

Draconix814 - Mar 10, 2018

3 by Boogiepop1989 »»
Jan 17, 2:38 PM

» Is there a translation for the rest of the series?

WitchJacqueline - Dec 7, 2015

19 by Ionliosite2 »»
Jul 19, 2023 9:01 PM

» Seven Seas to republish Boogiepop in Omnibus form!!!!

Draconix814 - Mar 16, 2018

8 by KingKronosDC84 »»
May 1, 2019 3:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.