Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2020 6:48 AM

Oct 2016
So i finished watching this film and Akane was released from jail and that's good but i still don't understand why she was arrested in the first place.
Did i miss something or they simply don't explain it ?

Apr 12, 2020 6:50 AM

Feb 2017
They don't explain it. It is left for future sequel. There is an after-credit scene in the cinema version of the movie where Akane says "Let's talk about the incident".
Apr 12, 2020 6:55 AM

Oct 2016
Tsarko said:
They don't explain it. It is left for future sequel. There is an after-credit scene in the cinema version of the movie where Akane says "Let's talk about the incident".

I see, interesting. So they will probably release an OVA/Movie to show what happened during the incident and then proceed with the sequels to the 3rd season. Maybe.

Apr 15, 2020 1:16 PM
Dec 2009
They didn't explain it fully. But there was a mention of a case she's leading where many enforcers died because of her. She was investigating something.
Apr 15, 2020 4:54 PM
Mar 2020
the way i see it, the akane's case acts as the fail safe for the franchise, the expectations were low after how bad S2 went, they need to figure out the way to safe the franchise, they started with the sinners of the system which i found rather amusing, then they came up with another idea and that idea is to imprisoned akane without any explanation,so even if S3 went horrible, the fans would still come back cuz they want to know what happened to her, that's my personal opinion tho, and as for the reasons she is imprisoned, i think its related to the SeaUN stuff, or maybe she knows something that could possibly harm the Sibyl system, remember when kamui kirito said that the system may not be his judge but its someone standing in front of him (referring to Akane, maybe she knows the truth abt the system?
Apr 19, 2020 3:53 PM
May 2019
They didn't explain it.
Apr 22, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2016
If I'm not wrong, she was arrested in This movie
Young-DreamerMay 3, 2020 12:44 PM
[ to win, sometimes
you have to know
how to lose. ]

• Anilist •
• Tumblr •
• Instagram •
• Twitter •

May 6, 2020 9:45 PM
Apr 2015
Young-Dreamer said:
If I'm not wrong, she was arrested in This movie

No, she appears later in the first Sinners of the System movie that occurs after those events.
May 26, 2020 12:11 AM

Nov 2015
Tsarko said:

ooh thank you thought i was tripping

May 27, 2020 6:10 AM

Oct 2010
because the producers want to make a Psycho-Pass anime without Akane, so they invent stuff to keep her away from the story. Though they didn't even bother to present a legit reason, thy just bait us fans to follow the next PP project which will possibly feature Akane. They hoped these new characters would do the trick but they failed miserably. Like other poster said, Akane is the ace in the hand to save the franchise.
But of course, it's just the ramblings of a madman, a hater.
Apr 3, 2023 9:25 PM
Apr 2017
Catalano said:
because the producers want to make a Psycho-Pass anime without Akane, so they invent stuff to keep her away from the story. Though they didn't even bother to present a legit reason, thy just bait us fans to follow the next PP project which will possibly feature Akane. They hoped these new characters would do the trick but they failed miserably. Like other poster said, Akane is the ace in the hand to save the franchise.
But of course, it's just the ramblings of a madman, a hater.
2 years late to the discussion but I lowkey think it was more intentional than people think. The entire season was about immigrant conflict with the isolationist government and they wanted to explore the view of a criminally asymptomatic immigrant who's not murderous, I think there is definitely a setup here with Arata's father and Tsunemori and I wouldn't be surprised if he is a main part of a future sequel since he was an detective, personally I really liked the main characters cuz Arata reminded me of Shusei from Season 1 and Kei gave me less cringe Ginoza vibes overall I think this could've been worse than season 3 but it ended up pretty solid, altho I don't see the reason  they couldn't have finished it with 2 more long episodes instead of a full blown movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3: First Inspector Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Mar 26, 2020

101 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 16, 5:29 AM

» How things should turned out after season 1 rather than now ?

MujheKyunNikala - Aug 14, 2020

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 16, 5:25 AM

» The staff should go to McDonald's to work

TommiVate - Jun 5, 2020

4 by Dawizz »»
Aug 23, 2023 11:32 PM

» Physical Release??

kingdude267 - Aug 22, 2022

2 by kingdude267 »»
Aug 28, 2022 11:47 PM

Poll: » Will we get a Season 4?

Kazgrewkogami - Aug 2, 2020

27 by PandanLeafSan »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.