Forum Settings
Forums

'Summer Wars' Celebrates 10th Anniversary With 4DX Re-release

New
Nov 30, 2019 6:19 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Mamoru Hosoda's anime film Summer Wars is getting 4DX re-release in Japanese theaters on January 17, 2020 to commemorate the film's 10th anniversary. A new key visual (pictured) and promotional video for the 4DX edition were also revealed.

Synopsis
OZ, a virtual world connected to the internet, has become extremely popular worldwide as a spot for people to engage in a large variety of activities, such as playing sports or shopping, through avatars created and customized by the user. OZ also possesses a near impenetrable security due to its strong encryption, ensuring that any personal data transmitted through the networks will be kept safe in order to protect those who use it. Because of its convenient applications, the majority of society has become highly dependent on the simulated reality, even going as far as entrusting the system with bringing back the unmanned asteroid explorer, Arawashi.

Kenji Koiso is a 17-year-old math genius and part-time OZ moderator who is invited by his crush Natsuki Shinohara on a summer trip. But unbeknownst to him, this adventure requires him to act as her fiancé. Shortly after arriving at Natsuki's family's estate, which is preparing for her great-grandmother's 90th birthday, he receives a strange, coded message on his cell phone from an unknown sender who challenges him to solve it. Kenji is able to crack the code, but little does he know that his math expertise has just put Earth in great danger. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

The sci-fi comedy by Madhouse was director Mamoru Hosoda's first original feature animation film. Summer Wars premiered in Japanese theaters in August 2009 and earned over US$18 million in worldwide box offices. The film won several awards, including the Japanese Academy Award for Animation of the Year in 2010, the Anaheim International Film Film Festival's Audience Award for Best Animated Feature, and the Animation Division Grand Prize at the 13th Japan Media Arts Festival. Hosoda also became the second Japanese director (after Hayao Miyazaki) to be nominated for an Annie Award for his work on the film.

Funimation licensed Summer Wars on Blu-ray and DVD in North America in 2011, which includes previews and interviews with the staff and cast. Kaze licensed the film in Europe on Blu-ray and DVD in 2010, and Manga Entertainment licensed it for home release in the UK in 2011.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie

News submitted by vanillaguard
VindstotNov 30, 2019 12:55 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Nov 30, 2019 7:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, this is sweet! Congratulations to the fans of the Movie!

Hopefully, this'll give me the 'push' to finally giving this a go!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 30, 2019 10:32 AM
May 2018
Congratulations.

Btw, I'm to this day impressed by Hosoda's work on Digimon, and One Piece Movie 6.
It's incredible how similar, yet different they are to the rest of their series.
Nov 30, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
this movie is fun and energetic highly recommended
Dec 1, 2019 4:34 AM

Dec 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Oh, this is sweet! Congratulations to the fans of the Movie!

Hopefully, this'll give me the 'push' to finally giving this a go!
Its quite awesome, I wouldnt sleep on this at all.
Dec 1, 2019 4:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Robiiii said:
Its quite awesome, I wouldnt sleep on this at all.

Thanks, I’ll keep this in mind!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

11 by Ryushindai »»
27 seconds ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces Supporting Cast Pair

Nioxys - 42 minutes ago

0 by Nioxys »»
42 minutes ago

» '#Compass 2.0: Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 59 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.