Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2019 2:38 AM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And with that, my read of Ichi the Killer's finally complete. Damn, this went by fast and I definitely didn't expect to enjoy this manga as much as I did. I definitely should give the OVA a rewatch and finish the movie now that I've finished the source material!

Jiji being a regular customer of a helpline for venting out's pretty bizarre and that alzheimer's comment the girl he was talking to made only made the old guy more mysterious. Takeshi's forgotten about Ichi but I can't blame him for that due to how much he'd changed over the years.

I guess that the quiet life's a pipe dream for Ichi as long as he lives in Kabuki-chou.

Dec 22, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2016
This was quite the addicting read to say the least and it was actually a better psychological series than expcted. I initially came for some violonce, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the substance.

Just a bit disappointed by the abrubt ending, but welp. Still great overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2020 12:39 AM
Dec 2015
can someone explain to me why Mal has this at 114 chapters but it ends in 103?
Oct 10, 2020 6:55 AM
Aug 2019
I honestly don't like this manga and the ending confused me.
Jan 29, 2021 2:32 PM
Oct 2015
That was quite a ride, but I hated how the old man just got away with everything, he was pure evil and so manipulative. before reading this I read ichi, which was more about Ichi in highschool i read this hoping to find out more about how he got into this kind of work his back story would've been cool to have incorporated esp since his history is all blurry bc the flashbacks were fabricated. . I also hated that the father died, I was really rooting for him to survive its sad to think his son is bein trained to be a killing machine now. But that aside the story was quite captivating and intense. Very unique art too
Feb 28, 2021 10:57 AM
Dec 2018
This manga probably damaged my brain but I fucking loved it
Mar 22, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2018
yo wtf, this ending is a bruh moment
May 2, 2021 1:37 PM
Jul 2015
Probably the most a manga has made me uncomfortable in terms of raw art and whats happening on the pages (in terms of psychology its still punpun lol)

Overall a 8.5/10 for me. Enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would. Soooo fucked though. Like I didn't expect the gore to be this insane, I could have done without it (but at the same time I realized how effective the gore was used into making me view some of these characters)

As mentioned before in this thread I'm also a bit disappointed that the old man got away scot free. Like in the end I think the only character that was somewhat normal and pure was Kaneko, but all the other characters (including ichi)) were all bad people and deserved bad things.

also surprised that this dudes other work (homunculus) gets all the fame when this is a lot better imho.

Sep 26, 2021 12:51 PM
Nov 2014
What a read. When I first read parts of this years ago I didn't make it very far, stopped around the beginning chapters of Ichi kicking his money punching bag, I had no idea it would turn out like this.

Going in I expected Ichi to be the most captivating character and while he certainty was one, JiJi ended up being the spotlight stealer. This old man, who is revealed to not be old at all (possibly younger than kakihara) is the master manipulator behind the scenes with much of his past being hidden. When it was revealed he had facial reconstruction it blew my mind, and he only got even more mysterious after that. This was my favorite aspect of the story. The mysteriousness surrounding Jiji and Ichi.

Overall it was an decent read. Entertaining and Intense
Mar 6, 2022 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
Absolutely mental. I was able to binge read this from volume 4 to 10.
Jun 28, 2022 9:23 AM
Nov 2017
This was an incredible manga and i really enjoyed it. I'm kinda annoyed that Jiji got away with it in the end and is still not done, as we saw that he now recruited Takeshi. I'm glad Ichi is a normal person now and he can live a quiet life. I'm guessing he also implanted false memories and manipulated Takeshi which makes how Ichi once was which was sad to see. I'm also sad that Kaneko died as i thought he would have lived. I will definitely need to watch the movie soon.

8/10
Jul 7, 2022 2:26 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic, this manga was so sexy!!11
Jul 26, 2022 11:22 PM

Aug 2018
And so it ends.
That damned old man is very clever.
This manga has been good.
Sep 11, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2015
Honestly was hoping Ichi would give that old man a taste of his own medicine but this ending is satisfactory.

Now I can go properly watch the movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichi The Killer Chapter 96 Discussion

Rasco - May 18, 2013

6 by iDensity »»
Sep 11, 2022 6:31 AM

Poll: » Ichi The Killer Chapter 42 Discussion

Rasco - May 18, 2013

2 by PirateHasan »»
Apr 28, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Ichi The Killer Chapter 31 Discussion

Rasco - May 18, 2013

5 by PirateHasan »»
Apr 28, 2022 4:58 AM

Poll: » Ichi The Killer Chapter 25 Discussion

Rasco - May 18, 2013

5 by PirateHasan »»
Apr 28, 2022 4:45 AM

» WHERE TO READ?

sm_aisn - Dec 13, 2021

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Dec 13, 2021 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.