Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I’ll pretend I never saw this movie.

The first season was the only good one of this franchise. While the movie had some fun scenes, the movie itself was uninteresting. Couldn’t care less about Takahashi or whatever

4/10
Nov 8, 2019 10:47 PM
Apr 2018
I love these boys. Their aghast faces are always perfect.
Nov 9, 2019 1:45 AM

Nov 2007
Reunion and they lied but oldest is honest. There's even fake CM for the hotel they never heard of. Totoko is proud, as always.

Edit:
OMG!!! 3rd season!
https://moca-news.net/article/20200706/2020070618060a_/01/
tsubasaloverJul 6, 2020 2:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 10, 2019 2:53 PM

Jul 2009
It's a 9/10 from me, just because I love the franchise so much. I like when comedy series allow themselves to get more dramatic once in a while, and this movie absolutely nailed it. It has everything I wish season 2 had. Nice to get some backstory too, so we can see why the brothers turned into NEETs.

Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Nov 11, 2019 3:06 AM

May 2014
Finally it's here! It didn't reach my expectations, but it was still a lot of fun. Lots of great moments seeing the Matsuno's in school. Ichimatsu's scenes were especially funny. Takahashi was cute, but i kind of got mood whiplash at the end.
Osomatsu-san can usually handle emotional things quite well, but this was just too far i think. It felt very out of place and having her move to another country or something would've been better. I also think the final act went on for too long.

I don't know whether i'm viewing season 1 with rose tinted glasses, but it really is the best part of the franchise.Probably need to watch this movie again to decide whether to go for 8 or 9 score.
FancyjasperNov 11, 2019 5:21 AM
Nov 12, 2019 3:02 AM

Jun 2011
I love it! I really miss the series i want s3!as much as I love the funny parts of this series, I'd really love more serious and deep/sad scenes like this. Ichimatsu's HS version was the most relatable af.

Trying to be someone else you're not just to fit in the crowd. That so 😔 sad.
About the Matsunos... Spoiler....

I really want more. Idc if others already left the fandom. I just want another season. Even ova is ok with me
eijemNov 12, 2019 3:06 AM
Nov 20, 2019 6:44 PM

Sep 2015
For me it was a good one.

I think Takashi kind of represents us, the audience, who don't want it to end and just enjoy to watch the sextuplets having fun together.
Nov 21, 2019 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
It's definitely not as strong as the best episodes of the anime, but it was satisfactory overall! I would rate it a 7/10 overall. The Takahashi stuff should have been foreshadowed better I think... She made a weak impact at the end after being revealed. The movie felt like... Idk, I was waiting for the final reveal what was in the letter but it was just her appreciating them.
Nov 23, 2019 3:51 AM

Dec 2008
Loved it. The sextuplets are always entertaining. Hope we get season 3 sometime soon. :)

Nov 23, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2009
This made me really nostalgic. The first season was so good. It was nice to see the brothers again
Mar 12, 2020 9:42 AM
Feb 2016
Loved this movie so much, it was a rollercoster ride of emotion and i feel like i was laughing more than when i watched season 2 maybe because there aren't much of that annoying iyami and totokochan ughh they both are disgusting especially iyami. fuck him. well 9/10 for me man they should've ended with how much they enjoy living their life more than those who came to the reunion that'll left me satisfy more. Gonna miss these brothers so much!
Mar 30, 2020 1:28 PM

Jan 2019
I think the movie was great until the whole Takahashi letter was introduced. Like, knowing the young Matsunos and seeing the older ones pretending to be them was pretty funny and interesting, but everything else after the letter just wasn't.

I think I would've liked it better if the main goal was adding deep to Karamatsu, for example, instead of introducing Takahashi whose nobody cares. Like, I thought that we didn't had a personal focus on young Karamatsu because if the others watched him in the first part of the movie they'd realize fast that his personality didn't changed that moment while everyone else's did. That would mean that young Karamatsu never wanted to change their sextuplet relationship and their "breaking up" was what older Karamatsu regretted, being reminded of this after the reunion party's fiasco. And, finally, that'd also explain why was Karamatsu so nice on Season 1 and 2 even though every brother treated him like trash. Then we would have the classic "world is falling down because I'm nervous about what the others think of me", then the chat between brothers when everyone assure Karamatsu that they love him and blah blah, and the end.
But instead, we got the pointless Takahashi. Whatever.

Also, the three pseudoantagonists (Chibita, Totoko and Iyami) were pretty mediocre and I didn't really cared about their characters, so those were missed minutes for me. I also don't really like how nothing was really explained. WHY did Takahashi entered Karamatsu's memories specifically? HOW did she entered and made everyone else do so? WHEN was that photo taken, if that moment actually never existed? WHAT was the purpose of any of this? Meh.

I'll still give it 7/10 because the first part was pretty good imo.
Sep 2, 2020 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
I really liked the movie! The best part was when they went to their school and saw young versions of themselves, it was rly funny. But i didn't expect this movie to give me feels like S2 did.
All Takahashi wanted to do was bring the Osomatsu brothers together as a family instead of them trying hard to be someone else. When they took the picture and thanking Takahashi at the end was wholesome.
Also that final scene, when Takahashi saw ''everything'' lol. I can't wait for S3 this fall.

9/10
Sep 6, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
I wasn't expecting the movie to have a plot, much less emotional tension! Out of all the different types of episodes in the series, those are always my favorite ones!

I finished the second season quite some time ago but I hesitated watching this movie because I thought it was going to be 2 hours of unrelated skits. I'm a fan of nonsensical stuff, but it's so easy for a joke or skit to run too long. That's why I can't watch too many Osumatsu-san episodes back to back in one sitting. I think the show would be a lot more engaging if it had a steady, underlying plot instead of pretending to get serious for a couple of skits, then going back being unconnected. That being said, I know this show is based off a gag manga, where coherence isn't very important. But the story and the themes the sextuplets deal with in the movie had me invested at a much higher level than I normally am with the series. I loved it!

There were still a couple of parts that ran a little long for me, but that's the style of the show sometimes. Other than that, it was a solid movie in it's own right. What stops me from showing this movie to someone who hasn't seen the series is that I think you have to watch the series to truly appreciate how shitty the sextuplets can be so that the movie will make more sense hahaha.
Sep 19, 2021 10:42 AM
Aug 2021
I like this anime. It's very funny.
Dec 29, 2021 8:17 AM

Jan 2015
One of my favourite anime movies, so much fun comedy, heart and a wonderful climax to a surprisingly emotional story. Rewatching this was very fun, I will definitely continue revisiting this one for years!
Mar 20, 2022 10:42 AM
Mar 2019
Put off watching for a while.
Was pleasantly surprised how funny it actually was.
Apr 7, 2023 5:49 PM
Aug 2022
i dont remember mutch but it was ok
Aug 17, 2023 11:34 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Xenocrisi said:
Couldn’t care less about Takahashi or whatever

Wee little prick aren't you, talking about a dying girl like that?

More topics from this board

» Do I need to watch Season 2

Geekwriter - Nov 18, 2022

3 by starhana_anime17 »»
Nov 20, 2022 10:59 PM

» Trailer + Release Date

jacippi - Nov 1, 2018

3 by jacippi »»
Apr 8, 2019 5:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.