Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 2, 2019 5:00 AM

Jul 2012
Enjoying this so far! Kougami is back, still believe that his and Akane's role will be minimal this season.
Wasn't Shimotsuki completely "brainwashed" or under complete control of Sibyl, doesn't really seem so after this episode.
allenjkeNov 2, 2019 7:48 AM
Nov 2, 2019 6:29 AM

Jul 2016
So I needed to have watched the movies it appears...
Nov 2, 2019 6:49 AM
Nov 2019
IM SO GLAD THAT GINOZA AND KOGAMI WORK TOGETHER AGAIN !!!!

but Im curious about what happens with Akane, and how Ginoza & Sugo become the foreign affairs officer instead of being enforcer. For Kogami Im not curious cuz everything is explained in Psycho-Pass SS 03. Good thing I just watch Psycho Pass SS in the cinema for 189 minute straight then I watch the 2nd episode of this third season, or not I cant sleep cuz I will be too curious about Kogami case.

AHH IM SO CURIOUS WHAT HAPPEN NEXT EPISODE (cry) I hope they satisfied all of us in 8 episodes :)

but after that also I still want more, cuz this anime is fucking amazing, that's it lol
Nov 2, 2019 8:12 AM
Apr 2019
Glad to see Kogami and Ginoza teamup. It was an absolute delight to the eye.
Nov 2, 2019 8:25 AM
Dec 2015
I think I'd freeze too if I ever met Kogami
Nov 2, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2019
Kougami is back!
So Arata had a car accident in the past or something, right? That's why he never wants to drive? Also it looks like he's in a hypnotic state when he uses his power at times, and Kei "wake him up". It's kind of creepy.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 2, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2019
Seeing Akane, Kogami and Ginoza again were really great. The parkour and the fight scenes are just simply fantastic. I kind of regret not watching the movies before this.

So far, I'm really liking where the story is currently headed. I'm starting to really like the new characters. I would really love to see the main villain soon.
Nov 2, 2019 12:17 PM
Feb 2019
pinkzbowzntoes said:
Oh my... kougami is back! the episode keeps getting interesting.. I am really excited and would love to see more episodes.

Too much thrilling to see him, but why the hell he is in foreign affairs? Do I now need to watch SS cases?
Nov 2, 2019 12:19 PM
Feb 2019
ayn- said:
Seeing Akane, Kogami and Ginoza again were really great. The parkour and the fight scenes are just simply fantastic. I kind of regret not watching the movies before this.

So far, I'm really liking where the story is currently headed. I'm starting to really like the new characters. I would really love to see the main villain soon.

Yeah man, that parkour scene (and that small theif wal)
Nov 2, 2019 12:19 PM
Feb 2019
ayn- said:

Yeah man, that parkour scene (and that small thief walk) of Akira was quite amusing to see
Nov 2, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
Absolute yawn-fest; this isn't a festival.
What have they done to the Judge-Dredd-Fascist-Cyberpunk that was once Pyscho-Pass?

Shimotsuki is insufferable and why season 2 tanked, (also Akane can't lead, but that's a different story). This constant insufferable unjustified stereotypical anger of a police inspector has been done over for a millennia and some. The only emotion she shows is for Akane and she can't even say her name.

Throwing Kougami into the mix only complicates things: that's the show I want; not this gay duo of a Russian who can fight and a walking trope esper with the most annoying personality.
Without a character like Akane we can't be introduced or view this world properly. I'm not physically captivated unless I can properly live vicariously through a character while watching a thriller anime. Everyone from the Enforcers to Police to third party is paper-thin personality wise and predictable.
Is this really designed for Psycho-Pass fans, or someone else?
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Nov 2, 2019 2:12 PM
Jun 2017
this season is really shaping up to be great. and not only in quality but something huge is bound to happen towards the end, surely - i can't wait to see it, esp since the old crew is back in action in the background again. it's fun to see Gino and Kou in a team again and Sugo making a badass entrance was icing on the cake. i can't wait to see how these three badass men interact, ty Frederica for forming this team. :P (tho why Sugo changed his mind and why Gino joined is still a mystery, i'm so CURIOUS.) only Yayoi is missing now from the old crew - i hope she either went back to civil life but still helping out somehow or she's in the MoFA too.

Mika is absolutely great this season so far - people should stop hating on her, she's obviously worried about Akane and is fond of Gino, too. she might have her own beliefs but it's what makes her interesting.

old crew aside, the new faces continues to stay intriguing! love the chemistry of the Irie-Tenma + Inspectors team. it's fun to see the troublemaker Enforcer duo warming up to this rule-bender duo.

Nov 2, 2019 2:31 PM

Mar 2015
Hare97 said:
pinkzbowzntoes said:
Oh my... kougami is back! the episode keeps getting interesting.. I am really excited and would love to see more episodes.

Too much thrilling to see him, but why the hell he is in foreign affairs? Do I now need to watch SS cases?

Only the third, but if you're going to watch the last one, why not all three?
Nov 2, 2019 2:52 PM

May 2012
I'm only one who find season 3 boring ??

I enjoyed everything from pshyo-pass (including season 2 and sinners of system movies), but season 3 seems boring. Worst thing about it is the new characters. They suck compared to previous ones. Specially that boy who has annoying voice, and he also have some kind of super natural ability to see what happened ?! LOL. It is becoming like shit.
Nov 2, 2019 3:14 PM
Feb 2019
NotyarD said:
Hare97 said:

Only the third, but if you're going to watch the last one, why not all three?

I think because of non-availabilty? I mean I was able to watch only the first case
Nov 2, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
[quote=Hare97 message=58606256][quote=NotyarD]
Hare97 said:

I think because of non-availabilty? I mean I was able to watch only the first case

That's indeed a problem, and the first is the one which links the least to S3.
The second and third, however, explain some of the characters appearing as they are now.
Nov 2, 2019 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
This is good, this is really good, the series just has such a distinct personality compared to past seasons and the pacing has not been wasting anytime without sacrificing the downtime to get used to the characters who are all new, everyone has so much chemistry with one another and bounce off eachother great.I love the worldbuilding here that sybil basically selects celebrities that calm people to be politicians who ultimately dont do much more than talk with sybil itself. And yeah that scene with kougami and gino was so unexpected and left me grinning like an idiot.

regardless of how the next 6 episodes go, I am gonna go on a whim and say this is already lightyears better than season 2, not just cause its been alot of fun so far but because its willing to be its own thing and actually feel like its carrying on the plot of previous entries in an entertaining way whereas season 2 was wierdly standalone. Now we just need a solid villain, i guess its a toss up between the guy with the assistant or the new guy to the gambling trio we see but its looking like they are gonna be treating the guy with the assistant as the primary antagonist and he definetly looks like hes got more going on than kirito did if solely cause hes not a makshima knock off.

Vindicater said:

Vindicater said:
yes, you absolutly did
Hare97 said:
pinkzbowzntoes said:

At this point the 4 movies are basically the real season 2, but yes the sinners trilogy definitely set up alot of pp3.
JizzyHitlerNov 2, 2019 5:34 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 2, 2019 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
Isaidlunch said:
Decent episode, but oh my god, where is Yayoi?! The people want Yayoi!

finally someone said it!!!!
Nov 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Oct 2019
Omg one scene won major points for me :O

A cute woman says a guy was stalking her, a guy gives a typical dismissive response like "haha, it's tough being pretty" like it's meant to be a compliment, and the woman throws it back in his face.

A typical anime would have shown the girl being pleased to be called pretty, thus suggesting that getting stalked isn't a big deal, or even that the girl secretly enjoys the attention. This anime chose to show a woman who cared more about her life and safety than her looks.

Psycho-Pass proves yet again they know to write women like actual people. All praise Psycho-Pass!!
Nov 2, 2019 10:17 PM
Jan 2018
I'm enjoying this show so far. I skipped season 2 because I heard it was an absolute dumpster fire so I wasn't expecting much for season 3. Pretty impressed so far!
Nov 2, 2019 10:34 PM
Nov 2016
I have watched all the previous episodes, including season 1, 2, movie and the three cases. All the plot points are making good connections and interesting. I just don't get why some people will just hate this series with passion. Not like the whole series is bad in the first place, except season 2 with several major weaknesses. At the very least, I have started watching anime again because of Psycho-Pass. These past years have been terrible with lackluster anime offerings. Only some are worth noting...
Nov 2, 2019 10:40 PM
Nov 2016
Corrupti_Mente said:
I'm enjoying this show so far. I skipped season 2 because I heard it was an absolute dumpster fire so I wasn't expecting much for season 3. Pretty impressed so far!
The villain wasn't great and Mika was damn annoying but she matured quite well for a start from the cases and season 3
Nov 3, 2019 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
Higher brass is here! and KOUGAMI!!! NICE!!!
oh wait i still have 17 more minutes before the episode end...
will update and edit later...
elections again!?
5/5.
matias067Nov 3, 2019 12:41 AM

Nov 3, 2019 1:18 AM

Feb 2014
So Kogami really came back to Japan tehn as he said at the end of Case 3 movie. And it's not just Kogami, we also got Gino and Teppei, I wonder where is Yayoi, we haven't seen her yet since Case 1.

I guess we will have to wait to further see what really happened to Akane and why she is currently locked up.
Nov 3, 2019 1:32 AM

Sep 2018
So this just turned out to be a very average detective show.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Nov 3, 2019 2:13 AM
Nov 2019
Who would care about those two?

Finally some good use of Mika.
Nov 3, 2019 2:41 AM
May 2018
Thank god! Mika is not annoying anymore. In fact,I'm starting to like her character( a lil. bit ). This season still doesn't have the sense of mystery or danger as season 1 but It is way more interesting and hype than season 2.

Yeah! And y'all should watch Sinners of the system Trilogy ( SS case 1 for progression of Mika Shimotsuki, SS case 2 for introduction of frederica;the blond officer & Teppei's backstory and SS case 3 for Kougami )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2019 4:36 AM
Sep 2019
OblivoneX said:
For those who haven't watched the SS cases, do so now! This episode made it clear that this season expects the audience to have watched them.

Do u know where i can watch it with eng subs coz i cant seem to find any.
Nov 3, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2011
lihle808 said:
I see Kougami did return to Japan for real, tch!

I like the new guys, they should focus on them and not to yesterday's leftovers.
Boo this man! BOOOOOO!!!

Nov 3, 2019 8:03 AM
Nov 2018
Wow! This is way better than I expected. Adding the mentalist talent make things more interesting, exciting. As it also really should be included these days. Our inspectors has great action scenes and also personalities. Especially, that Arata Shindou guy is amusing to watch.
But well, I freaking laughed out loud when all these puny inspectors and enforcers tried to fight the freaking Kogami there. XD
Whatever..this will definitely be one of the best of shows of this year. Looking forwards to the next episode!

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Nov 3, 2019 8:36 AM
Sep 2012
Jaces_Sanctum said:
OblivoneX said:
For those who haven't watched the SS cases, do so now! This episode made it clear that this season expects the audience to have watched them.

Anyway, this episode was fantastic! Absolutely loving this season! Getting some of those S1 vibes - with a lot of other complementing spices added to the mix. Especially noticeable is the greater emphasis on expanding the world of Psycho-Pass. Whereas S2 basically just reused locational and atmospheric assets from S1, everything that has come after has added new elements of worldbuilding. Although the worldbuilding outside of Japan in the movie and SS case 3 was appreciated, this new focus on fleshing out Japan is doing the series wonders. The world of Psycho-Pass feels more alive than ever.

All the characters are really growing on me. It's amazing how much more likable Mika is now. And the new enforcers all seem like they will play important roles in the story. I'm looking forward to their pasts and parts unfolding in future episodes. With all the intrigue going on in the background, I get the feeling that this season will be worth a rewatch after it finishes.

Also, can't wait for the OST to come out. So many cool tracks!

Can you tell me where I can watch Case 3 subbed? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Since the SS cases are not legally licensed, any direct link to a site that hosts them would be a violation of MAL's guidelines. However, what I can do is I can give you a couple of hints. You can find all the episodes with decent subs on the slovenian domain named after the japanese onomatopoeia for the sound that a cat makes.

Pin_pyo said:
OblivoneX said:

Do u know where i can watch it with eng subs coz i cant seem to find any.

See my reply above :)
OblivoneXNov 3, 2019 8:39 AM
Nov 3, 2019 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
You MUST see the previous case movies to understand.

I like very much the 2008 crisis explanation.
Nov 3, 2019 6:01 PM

Apr 2012
I am somewhat confused by the marked increase in social commentary and nods on real life, but at the same time, I like it. It seems that the show really decided to use its full potential of social science fiction.

Also, it seemed to me, or is this episode continuing ship Mika with Ginoza? I thought the first was a lesbian, but since the second Case, she and Ginoaza have turned into a snark guy and tsundere.
Nov 3, 2019 7:26 PM
Aug 2018
I do not really understand how Sasagawa's hue did not cloud. Their explanation was that he gave a choice for the accountant to die or cloud his psycho pass but he still did both of those with the intention of harming the accountant.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Nov 4, 2019 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome mah bois are back with their ost. And that idol seems like she'll be a match to our mentalist.
Nov 4, 2019 8:51 AM
Aug 2019
Kogami is back... IS BACK AAAAAAAAAAAH Im so happy
Nov 4, 2019 1:03 PM
May 2015
Love this too but could’ve used Shion in a bubble bath.

Wa1Fu_is_L4ifu said:
Psycho Pass 3 episode 2 = 2008 subprime financial crisis explained with chibi art.
Nov 4, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2014
Fhfstjxpo468 said:
I wonder how he got back :/

Nov 4, 2019 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
castbound123 said:
Fhfstjxpo468 said:
go watch the 3rd sinner movie then, or preferably all of em then.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 5, 2019 4:44 AM

Nov 2014
JizzyHitler said:
castbound123 said:
go watch the 3rd sinner movie then, or preferably all of em then.
Ahhhh that's why. Hahaha, I've only watched the series.

Nov 6, 2019 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
-1/10 still unbearable to watch because of high-horsed mika.
Nov 7, 2019 1:41 AM
Aug 2017
Wa1Fu_is_L4ifu said:
Psycho Pass 3 episode 2 = 2008 subprime financial crisis explained with chibi art.

Yup, seeing how they explained that was surprising to say the least
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Nov 7, 2019 4:52 AM

Aug 2013
Kougami is back for real. Even Frederica from Sinners of the System makes an appearance and so does Sugou.

This was a good episode.

Nov 7, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2016
Made me get some goosebumps hats down for this episode.

Seeing Kougami back in action is ++ for me.
Nov 7, 2019 10:18 PM

Dec 2017
MasanobuMaou said:
LTU_EiMs said:
I really liked this episode. I think this season is going to be much better then second one.
P.S It seems they were crafting these episodes as 24 min not 48 min ones, but with this tactic they gain extra 3 to 4 min for episode so I think is for the best. Oh and yeah here is comes SS cases spoilers.

I think the same, these meant to be 24 mins episodes, so one case is 2 eps. That's why its weird that they started the new case right after the previous finished, but well, its not bad like this either. At least we can see a bit from the next one before the ED. I somehow really like these long episodes, because the 24 mins episodes from this series always felt too short.
The extra 3-4 min gain is because they only play the op/ed once, right? Then its really a good tactice, because then they get around 24-30 extra mins with the 8 48min episodes. :D
And in the end its a 16(+1)ep long season just in 8 episodes. How weird :o but cool.
I almost got fooled into thinking they let us down with only 8 episodes, when in reality we practically get 17 episodes in ONE season, which is big for me. I surely don't mind getting fooled like this more in the future. :) Oh btw, thanks for doing the math there. Good job!
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 7, 2019 10:32 PM

Dec 2017
dasprn said:
Oh boy! We got Kougami, Ginoza and first guardian;Teppei on the same team. Guess Forign Affairs made a whole lot of effort to gather the best of the team. With Akane still on the sidelines, it seems a whole lot is going around the back of Sibyl system. She's trying to reveal the system for what it is. What a fearsome lady.

Talking about fearsome ladies, we got a whole lot of them this episode. Though some didn't make that much of an impact. Some left us with awe in their action and aura. Mika and Frederica handle the two best departments that enforce law in and out the system.
And we get a new female character that's truly fearsome to deal with. What a woman that still remains sane even after all those events around her in her life. Following the Sybil directive? This lady could even be one of those choosen Sybil brainchilds.
Hyack said:
Also the last scene was great with Karina, it gave some dangerous vibes.

Since watching the now airing Babylon anime(if you've watched it), I know how scary a lady can be. (And she's voiced by Yoko Hikasa, the most seductive voice)
This season sure is full of treats for me, really unexpected. Babylon and this series in themselves already fit my favorite genres perfectly, but they also had to present such captivating female characters as well. Give me a break! lol
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 9, 2019 2:14 PM
Apr 2018
(Beginning of episode) This isn't a bad show, but it isn't really Psycho-Pass.

(Ginoza shows up) Gawd, I want to kiss that man.

(10 seconds after Ginoza shows up) Wait, now they've finally tied it back to the Psycho-Pass we know! Why didn't they do that sooner? Like, last episode? When your episodes are 45 minutes long, you can't dick around like that!
w_i_t_dNov 9, 2019 7:30 PM
Nov 12, 2019 3:19 PM

Mar 2016
Kougamiii, that guy has impact. The way I froze when he came on screeen.

Nov 12, 2019 4:28 PM
Jul 2015
Kei and Arata are pretty much Mary Sues. They can do pretty much anything.
These mentalist skills aren't helping. Still seems very unrealistic and out of place for a futuristic, sci-fi anime. I don't buy the whole 'empathy' explanation from episode 1. Arata doesn't even know the victims and can backtrack every step they did, removing so much of the mystery and actual detective work. It feels like writing an essay with all your points already in it and then find references for the points you've made to back it all up.
Nov 13, 2019 5:07 PM
Sep 2015
pinkzbowzntoes said:

Why is back, I love him as a character, but I so confused.

I don't have a clue about what is going on.

I love the series but I would like to have some answers.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.