Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 25, 2019 6:29 AM

Oct 2017
Well the new characters r surprisingly likeable. They really made a gd first impression and this episode was great. Anyway hope to see Kougami soon.
Oct 25, 2019 7:12 AM

May 2010
Er....Akane is not jailed lol.
Oct 25, 2019 9:01 AM
Mar 2017
Do i need to watch those 3 part movies to understand? Do this movies have any connection with season 3??
Oct 25, 2019 9:03 AM

Dec 2015
Not thad bad. With only 8 episodes listed maybe they could make all of them 45 minutes long. While I liked season 1 a lot season 2 was worse and the first movie was a bit better. The 3 case movies were nice and I enjoyed them more than s2 an the first movie.

This one ... I don't know yet. A lot of changes and the 3 case movies aren't really relevant it seems. Since it is in the future a bit. I'm wondering about Ginoza, Shimotsuki and Akane. Maybe Akanes demotion and confinement is related to some stuff that lead Shimotsuki becoming chief and having some kind of deal with Ginoza.

Wondering about the real powers of Kasei (I think she now had a different name but similar looks) ... back then the chief was part of the system. Maybe they made it so a real human is in control for outward appearances to the officers. (Then again back then the officers didn't know Kasei was a robot.) Or maybe the real sybil system isn't in total control anymore. (And Shimotsuki can override stuff and they use sybil only for measuring Psycho Pass while the last say for enforcing is with Shimotsuki.)

The new enforcers and inspectors look interesting. Especially the mentalist guy. Though I hope they won't bring up that childish behavior too much. (Same for the enforcer 2 older guys that ware too agressive in trying to test the new inspector and how he reacts.)

Enemy guys seem intersting. It had something of the season 1 vibes ... with the 2 new guys appearing and getting their uniform. (Just that in s1 it was only 2 new guy + the other inspector welciming him instead of the chief - here Shimotsuki.)
Oct 25, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad start. The two main make an interesting duo. I already like them.

Akane being confined... Ginoza at the end, I wonder what he is investigating.

I hope Kougami makes a return. I would love to see him.

Oct 25, 2019 10:13 AM
May 2017
I had 0 expectations for this. But this episode was better than any of the ones from 2nd season.
Oct 25, 2019 12:27 PM
Jul 2019
That's an amazing start. Already better than season 2. The new format of giving a 40 minutes episode is great too.

Wonder what led to Akane being fired and arrested, what Ginoza is doing and what happened to the rest of the previous enforcers.

Loads of questions to be answered along the way. This episode set an amazing start to the season, so let's hope there won't be any plot holes.
Oct 25, 2019 12:30 PM
Jul 2019
Leading_Sterben said:
IMO this 1st episode still better than entire S2, but worser to S1. The premises especially in "bidding" things looks not too much related to the duo MC case. Later, the 45 minutes episode slot not too much gave impression. Hope the next episode will clearly show the dot of clues and improve the storyline.

Season 1 didn't start that great either. It grew momentum as it went on.
Oct 25, 2019 1:17 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Luthandorius said:
Not thad bad. With only 8 episodes listed maybe they could make all of them 45 minutes long.

Well, you're in luck because every episodes will be 45 minutes long this season.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 25, 2019 1:56 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty boring. I'm also highly skeptical of the whole super psychic power stuff (even though it tried to cover it as science.) I still don't think Psycho-Pass can be watchable without Urobuchi's talent to build up stark philosophical conflict between characters. Psycho-Pass is probably not gonna be interesting as a regular detective thriller.
Oct 25, 2019 2:00 PM

Jul 2019
The show captures the charme of the original. Characters are decently designed, art style is good (in some parts fairly innovative) and the story is heading towards a new direction. The whole original arc with Makishima Shogo was a thing on its own and not trying to attempt the exact same thing is a good choice. E.g. the old guy being a plain old a** instead of a charismatic father figure on the way towards achiving morality. The bit at the end hinted Akane might be imprisoned because the current case requires some unorthodoy meaures. From the 1st look it seems to be some sort of ANCAP club trying to excert political pressure... But who knows? Antagonists like Choe gu-Sung in S1 were already hard enough to pin-down. The system itself does not seem to be too much concerned this time around.

There are however some clear weaknesses: the soundtrack is horribly weak. I mean I do like dialogue but please some music? Anything? Would it be that hard to pay someone to create some cyber tracks? Ambiance could have been en-par with the original otherwise. The art style is getting pretty creative when the mentalist doing his work but most of time? Too many still backgrounds. Characterisation could also be deeper since this is basically episode 2.5 . I want to know more about cahracters: where is the old fart protecting the chief whose hobby it is to paint? Where is the lesbian computist genious? Who of the 2 is the 'real' MC and what do they do? RN everybody has like one character trait and that is it...

Defnietly has it's ups and downs
SeygneurOct 25, 2019 2:03 PM
Oct 25, 2019 2:34 PM
Jul 2019
Seygneur said:
The show captures the charme of the original. Characters are decently designed, art style is good (in some parts fairly innovative) and the story is heading towards a new direction. The whole original arc with Makishima Shogo was a thing on its own and not trying to attempt the exact same thing is a good choice. E.g. the old guy being a plain old a** instead of a charismatic father figure on the way towards achiving morality. The bit at the end hinted Akane might be imprisoned because the current case requires some unorthodoy meaures. From the 1st look it seems to be some sort of ANCAP club trying to excert political pressure... But who knows? Antagonists like Choe gu-Sung in S1 were already hard enough to pin-down. The system itself does not seem to be too much concerned this time around.

There are however some clear weaknesses: the soundtrack is horribly weak. I mean I do like dialogue but please some music? Anything? Would it be that hard to pay someone to create some cyber tracks? Ambiance could have been en-par with the original otherwise. The art style is getting pretty creative when the mentalist doing his work but most of time? Too many still backgrounds. Characterisation could also be deeper since this is basically episode 2.5 . I want to know more about cahracters: where is the old fart protecting the chief whose hobby it is to paint? Where is the lesbian computist genious? Who of the 2 is the 'real' MC and what do they do? RN everybody has like one character trait and that is it...

Defnietly has it's ups and downs

Agree on the soundtrack part though I had a problem with this with the entire series with its 2 seasons not just this one. The show would benefit a lot from some background music that captures your attention and makes you focus more on what's going on. The lack of it gives a strong vibe of it being boring to some even if it's actually not.
Oct 25, 2019 2:42 PM

Sep 2009
I don't care so much for the new cast but Akane... what happened to you nooooo!
I hope the Sybil system can be defeated? once and for all even though it sounds almost impossible T_T

Oct 25, 2019 4:26 PM

Feb 2015
Something I noticed was how much less violent this episode was compared to previous seasons. Which, honestly, I think is a promising sign. Season 2 ramped it up way too much and even season 1 could sometimes use its violence solely for shock value. But I associate Psycho-Pass with that exploding body imagery so much that it really stuck out to me how much more subdued the violence here was (although that hand-to-hand fight was really fun to watch)

Also, I like that Kei and Arata: 1. already get along, so it's a different dynamic than both Akane and Ginoza (at the start) and Akane and Mika and 2. seem to have some sort of agenda of their own already. As much as I love the old characters and am glad to see them, I do think that the series is benefiting from turning them into supporting cast instead, at least for now.
Oct 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
fight-or-flight said:
Season 2 ramped it up way too much
thats an understatement, psycho pass 2 got so violent it made it hysterically stupid when it was trying to be dramatic, the sole good use of violence in the entire part was the scene of akane finding out her grandmother died, an ultimately wasted scene but in a bubble that was the only time the season was actually dramatic

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2019 9:14 PM

Aug 2008
45 min per episode? I love this...
Oct 26, 2019 3:30 AM
Jan 2015
el3mel said:
Leading_Sterben said:
IMO this 1st episode still better than entire S2, but worser to S1. The premises especially in "bidding" things looks not too much related to the duo MC case. Later, the 45 minutes episode slot not too much gave impression. Hope the next episode will clearly show the dot of clues and improve the storyline.

Season 1 didn't start that great either. It grew momentum as it went on.

I hope so. I hope it'll better during the time.
Oct 26, 2019 3:36 AM

Jun 2016
We're already running into the same problem that Season 2 had.

They will never write anything or anyone as good as Makashima.
Oct 26, 2019 5:29 AM

Jun 2013
Not gonna lie, it's been a while so I'm trying to refresh my memory about the plot. I remember the Dominator guns. Felt a little sad that we didn't get to see Akane and her terrible haircut until towards the end. Yeah, we got a peak of her in the beginning but it wasn't enough.

The animation is great as usual and the CGI is also pretty smooth. I liked it but I didn't love it. It was good.
臭い-
Oct 26, 2019 6:18 AM

Oct 2008
I had high expectations but end-up being a bit sleepy...
4/5.

Vorpality said:
We're already running into the same problem that Season 2 had.

They will never write anything or anyone as good as Makashima.

that's because Urobutcher is the only savior!

Oct 26, 2019 6:38 AM

Jul 2016
Isaidlunch said:
It was worse than I was expecting, but maybe it'll get better. The Yuki Kaji character feels completely out of place in a series like this.

I miss Kogami... He was such a cool character.
Oct 26, 2019 7:54 AM
Oct 2019
Idk but for some reason, Arata's character is a paradox and suddenly made the anime a little bit unrealistic, for me at least. I know it's sci-fi but for the last two seasons, Psycho Pass was too good of an anime to convince the viewers of its possibility, let alone, the sibyl system. In any way, Kei's character is a contrast of Arata's and somehow balances the latter. The two makes up a good and weird duo. Looking forward to the seven remaining episodes, if I am not mistaken. Btw, I didn't know Yuki Kaji is the voice actor behind Arata Shindo. I had to re-watch it after finding it out.
Oct 26, 2019 9:04 AM

May 2016
New members are welcomed but I hope our main girl be back in action soon enough
cause without her this show is not the same.

and the girl with the she is really trying hard to sound bossy but it just doesn't suit her at all, hot blondie is same as always.
The one thing that gave me chills was the into of Tsunemori and filled me with all kinds of emotions.

if I may ask, will this be aired weekly or in 6 month period?
Oct 26, 2019 9:39 AM
Apr 2016
Raizel said:
New members are welcomed but I hope our main girl be back in action soon enough
cause without her this show is not the same.

and the girl with the she is really trying hard to sound bossy but it just doesn't suit her at all, hot blondie is same as always.
The one thing that gave me chills was the into of Tsunemori and filled me with all kinds of emotions.

if I may ask, will this be aired weekly or in 6 month period?

You may. Does not look like anyone has any idea what is going on with this particular series. Whether all the episodes will be 48 minutes long, or in what fashion they will be airing on TV, is a mystery. As mysterious as the series itself.
Re:formed
Oct 26, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

You may. Does not look like anyone has any idea what is going on with this particular series. Whether all the episodes will be 48 minutes long, or in what fashion they will be airing on TV, is a mystery. As mysterious as the series itself.
I read few month ago all of them gonna be this long it was actually 60 minutes, it's gonna be 8 episodes these are fixed.
Oct 26, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2018
Me looking at Kei and Shindou be like they are gay
Another scene. Oh my God they are gay
once more. oh my God they are so freaking gay
And then I calmed down. They are very shippy, I like.
Yonehara and the other guy seem legit gay though.
I am find Arata and Kei interesting esp. the former. His special ability seems interesting. The new enforcers seem interesting too. I like how Kisaragi seems to have an issue with Arata. I find him kind of cute.
Was a good episode, I liked it a lot.
OrangeCloudsOct 27, 2019 3:16 AM
Oct 26, 2019 1:11 PM

Oct 2009
Man oh man they know how to tease their audience ; giving us Akane seemingly imprisoned, a slight shot of Kougami in the OP (right after SS Case 3, it hurts) and a slight cameo of Ginoza.

My only question regarding the previous cast is about what happenned to the two last remaining enforcers from last season, Teppei and Yayoi and to the Foreign Affairs Ministry girl from SS cases.

Even though I didn't fully grasp the implication behind crazy Mika (even though SS case 1 gave her a redeeming turn, I still can't forgive her for even existing) and Ginoza interaction at the end, it's clear that something happened to our old cast.

Psycho Pass 3 seems to have made clear that it won't be about the previous cast, letting us hope for more contiunuation beyond season 3 (maybe SS cases 4 to 6 ?).

I find it interesting that the main villains (Inspectors and this Roundrobin game/organisation thing) are shown right in front of our faces from the get-go and this new duo seems quite entertaining.

I do find the two new Enforcer guys a bit dull, compared to what we could get before.

So, now, for some speculations, the new Enforcer girl seems to hide some secrets, judging how she hides the business card in the wallet. Did you notice there was a Fox symbol on the card ? Just as the Seventh Inspector spoke of and quite similar to the appareance of bad guys inside Arata's Mental Trace (as for his own father btw, that coincidently First Inspector knows). My guess is that these people don't want to be "sheep" under Sibyl System ; the Roundrobin game/organisation seems also to take action outside of the system's juridiction.

Immigration seems to be quite the subject in society now ; of course Sibyl System would want to have more power on more people. But I do think they have been preparing the scenario for the Foreign Affairs Ministry to gently come into matters (
).

Well, all in all, I'm quite hyped for this season and can barely withstand the excitment while waiting for each episode to air.
MonsieurPapillonOct 26, 2019 1:17 PM
Oct 26, 2019 3:32 PM

Jul 2019
So many new characters. But I'm not complaining. I like them, at least for now. That first episode was intriguing.
Mika is still here though so this is very bad.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Dec 2011
The animation is pure eye candy, loving it. Maybe the ep itself wasn't as absorbing as I expected it to be, but we'll see what happens next.

Arata is such a refreshing character.
And Ginoza at the end had me overjoyed.

Waiting for more episodes!
Oct 26, 2019 6:56 PM
Nov 2018
I don't know how to feel about the show on a whole. This first episode was solid but not excellent. It gave us a taste of the characters and was well executed but it feels like something was missing in the script. That might be redeemable once we see the next few episodes. They did give themselves a lot to do between introing the characters and introing the big plot.

At the meta level, I am also really disappointed we're not focusing on the characters they've spent so much time developing. Shimotsuki seems intriguing now but we're hurting for missing everyone else. It's not that they haven't produced several interesting and possibly compelling characters - the mentalist surprised me- but a strength of the IP is that the main characters were so distinctive and unique. These are good characters for a spinoff but only a spinoff.

Probably a solid 7 episode. I have to say even though you can tell what's CG, the CG is quite well done on the whole. I think we're all going to be pleased with the quality of the show. Let's see if the writers have the Chops to follow Urobuchi.
Oct 27, 2019 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
The new OP is catchy but I don't think the animation for the OP is as great as "Out of Control" from the first season.

Also I have so many questions,
WHERE DID ALL THE GOOD CHARACTERS GO LIKE GINOZA, YAYOI, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
WHERES AKANE??? I MISS HERRRRRR

Also I still can't bring myself to like Shimotsuki even now, I just can't like her at all.
Oct 27, 2019 12:58 AM

Aug 2019
Well, I guess this episode was just OK. Maybe I was too much hyped as season 1 is still firmly in my top 10 all time, but there is some angst and mixed feelings in me how this will all turn out. So far my impressions:

- lead characters seem solid and there may be some interesting dynamics brewing, the pairing of a stoic reasonable inspector with a chaotic savant type might be fun; also these two trigger happy enforcers will make some mess so it's good; the antagonist also looks promising

- plot and pacing felt a little forced - maybe because we don't know much about MCs so it gave a very generic vibe (police inspectors doing police things and going against orders as they always do)

- art is nice as I love the bleak and glitchy theme of this series

- animation is up and down, sometimes it's great (omg look at the hair of characters aren't they gorgeous) and at some moments it's just lazy and uninspiring

- CGI is mostly bad, holos and gun UI are ok I guess, but the cars and drones are freakin ugly

- the mentalist skills of one of the inspectors is a red flag for me, could spell some OP abilities and bad plot twists/shortcuts, we'll see how they use it

- music is just OK, as are opening and ending, nothing special IMO

- I like the 45 min format, this is so much better than short episodes for a mystery thriller genre

So in the end it's too early to judge, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm just happy to have Shion back as her sex appeal and overall coolness factor alone will make me watch it to the end ;)

Oct 27, 2019 5:58 AM

Apr 2012
Did I miss something? Since when did PP become the Buddy Cop film with a screaming cop boss in the person of Mika?
Oct 27, 2019 8:08 AM

Oct 2017
No Ginoza, No Tsunemori, No Kogami as mains.
Mika is there and wasn't impressed with the new duo.

It won't be hard to this to be better than season 2 but based just on this episode alone seems like the first season will be the best part of this franchise.

Oct 27, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2013
Is nobody going to comment about how the new inspectors seem like a 'what if' Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham were inspectors?
Oct 27, 2019 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
moldbreaker said:
Is nobody going to comment about how the new inspectors seem like a 'what if' Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham were inspectors?

No, we were expecting you to do it.

Oct 27, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
Mmm... are the movies correlates to this series?

Oct 27, 2019 12:33 PM
Oct 2007
Quite pleasantly surprised to find out it's a 45 mins first episode. Okayish, a clean start from previous seasons and definitely will continue watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2019 12:50 PM
Feb 2013
I did not like this episode at all as the entire second season which was completely forgettable. THe setting is completely off from the first season. Come on guys wtf, stop talking and start acting in a scifi world that is psycho pass. The first season was all about gruesome violence in a clean society. In this episode they even help you criminals on how to get their shit together with loans.. wtf is this!!! Use that god damn dominator to blow up people for god sake.

Makishima was an unmatched villain
Oct 27, 2019 3:18 PM
Mar 2011
No Ginoza? Erhm...

Regarding the episode, I've been a huge fan of both seasons. I feel the scripts have been written from different perspectives, and so is this one. As almost everyone, I'm expecting to see Akane and Kougami back at some point (specially because of that glimpse from the OP).

Character construction and development is always so unique in this series I feel the need to wait. Animation is marvelous as always, and I feel there's something missing in the OST as well... So it's just the 1st episode. I hope Amazon normalizes the emission worldwide (not available in MX as of now).
blindfanaticOct 27, 2019 3:22 PM
Oct 27, 2019 3:48 PM
Oct 2019
Did anyone notice this. The new Character arata have the SAME ability as Will graham from Hannibal book & tv show he is a criminal profiler has a unique way of thinking that allows him to empathize with anyone!!!!(see), including psychopaths and he sees what the criminals did and have trouble sleeping , and see this weird monster/deer while arata sees a wolf ??? Really where is originality im disappointed specially that im in the middle if watching the show ,gonna watch s1 ,s3 still to be seen if im gonna watch it , What do u think
Oct 27, 2019 5:29 PM

Dec 2018
I feel lost even though i watched the first season and the last psycho pass film, however, their cgi is at its finest. Also, they teased us with Akane in the end at some apartment(?), but in the beggining she was imprisoned and confined like she was in a high security prison.. now i really dont have a clue about what the fuck is happenin.

Not to forget, these new characters seem really attached to each other, right? A bromance is growing..
Oct 27, 2019 6:04 PM
Oct 2019
fallingfromsky said:
I feel lost even though i watched the first season and the last psycho pass film, however, their cgi is at its finest. Also, they teased us with Akane in the end at some apartment(?), but in the beggining she was imprisoned and confined like she was in a high security prison.. now i really dont have a clue about what the fuck is happenin.

Not to forget, these new characters seem really attached to each other, right? A bromance is growing..
Watch season 2, lol why would u skip an entire season.
Oct 27, 2019 6:05 PM
Feb 2018
Awful.

Not only the pace for the first 20 minutes was very poor, the cheesy ability from Arata took away all my taste for the action/thriller elements present in the series.
Oct 28, 2019 4:50 AM

Nov 2014
AmonGhoul said:
fallingfromsky said:

Watch season 2, lol why would u skip an entire season.
Do the movies also connect to this series?

Oct 28, 2019 8:19 AM
Dec 2015
That ending scene though :o
Oct 28, 2019 11:47 AM
Mar 2016
I don't like the Mental Trace ability, it's kinda off and feels supernatural tbh
Oct 28, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
Well, nah, not classy enough. And a knockoff Will from Hannibal doesn't really suit the setting (not to mention that he lacks Will's autism, which set him apart a bit, and the black buck looked way more interesting than the monster here).
Oct 28, 2019 3:38 PM
Jan 2011
Farabeuf said:
That was unexpectedly good after the disappointment of season one.

Oh you...
Sorakaa said:

Also, immigrants in japan. lol

Yep. The woke is too strong with this one.
Comes out only days after the RL Pakistani invitations. Oh Amazon...

Oct 28, 2019 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
So it's back with a long episode awesome. The lore and World building is still amazing. Shion still a hottie lol.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.