Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 4, 2019 5:48 AM

Jun 2019
A complete garbage, i would say, The MC was trash too. Hated him.

Yeah right, first anime to drop of this season. I'm doing well, don't you think?
Oct 4, 2019 6:10 AM

Aug 2018
This concept is absolutely absurd and I am 100% on board hahahaha
Fuuko Ibuki is best girl. Change my mind.
Oct 4, 2019 6:10 AM

Jul 2019
huh?, animation is slick, visuals are neat, voice cast and sound are charming.

pretty well made adaptation

PS: i love me some harem anime :)
Oct 4, 2019 6:15 AM

Aug 2018

Just gonna leave a cute pansy pic
to bless your day
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 4, 2019 6:24 AM

Mar 2018
Not the kind of a story I like.It would be so much better if he tried to mock the two and play with them.Maybe I can give it a shot after the show ends.

But I should say almost everyone misunderstood the main characters personality and labeled him "plain".It's interesting, cause you can clearly see that nice guy is just an act to make others like him.They even show the book, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, so you can understand that.I would say MC is pretty unique in that regard.

Well, maybe I'm putting so much hope in average anime audience to understand basic symbolism and literature...
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Oct 4, 2019 7:08 AM

Nov 2014
idk i kinda love this anime lol
Oct 4, 2019 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
Oresuki... Based on the title i think that Pansy is stating the truth about her liking Joro. The book Pansy reading also caught my attention and it gave me a clear idea about Joro's personality which later proved that it is true. The environment looks like it'd from a hentai tbh. Haha. Characters.... Hmmm. Guess everyone's decent for now except for Joro which i think is interesting specially his "Hyde" side. That sarcastic inner monologue really made me laugh.

P.S. I didn't read the manga so this review is based on what I've observed on the first episode. I'm just starting to grasp the true nature of Pansy which i think will be the most interesting one on this series based on the fans of the manga.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Oct 4, 2019 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
This post was about to be posted yesterday but I fell asleep.

Yatsuho said:
Bench-kun sure is the mc here
Oct 4, 2019 7:43 AM

May 2015
Huh.

I'm glad I decided to read the comments half-way through. Considered dropping it because of how bland it seemed but the twist is indeed fun.
Also, Pansy actually looks the most interesting so far, MC is a lucky boy.
Oct 4, 2019 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
Seems promising ! But poor boy got hardly hit by the friend zone twice
Oct 4, 2019 9:30 AM

Nov 2009
This looks really fun so far.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Wtf? The anime took a 180-degree turn in the second half. it was obvious that the senpai liked the other guy but even his childhood friend? The MC's personality was also made upfront he read from a book just so he can score but he didn't. I wasn't a fan of his expression but his English/Japanese mix lines are pretty funny.

I am hooked tbh.
Oct 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2016
Okay, I absolutely hated the first half of this anime, but the second half?

I think I may actually like this anime after all.
Oct 4, 2019 12:51 PM

Aug 2018
The groundwork of an interesting premise has been lain. I'd like to see where Joro's relationship with Pansy evolves, or devolves, and how he deals with Sun's growing harem. Will his Hyde make more of an appearance as the season continues? Also loved the rendition of Vader's Imperial March theme toward the end.
Oct 4, 2019 1:24 PM
Aug 2013
Good old pure rom-com. My safe haven from isekai.

Just read the manga, bruh wtf happened to the anime?
dnascotOct 4, 2019 1:50 PM
Oct 4, 2019 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
What in the ever-loving beta masochistic cuckold hell is this shit?
Oct 4, 2019 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
Premise seemed annoying but at least the MC isn't the softie I thought he'd be. Fuck these bitches.

Actually, it's still kinda pissing me off so far, but I'm looking forward to the interactions between him and Pansy as a break from the other shit.
SJ7izmOct 4, 2019 5:25 PM
Oct 4, 2019 5:56 PM

Nov 2017
Damn that shifted gears quick :)
Pansy best girl by a long thing(that'd be fun to stick in crazy,just this once,maybe twice,ah hell,lots of times then ;)
And that Imperial march,damn that gave me the shivers :)
Oct 4, 2019 5:58 PM

Jan 2014
Best first episode i've seen since forever... Had no idea this is what i needed...
Oct 4, 2019 8:03 PM
Nov 2018
Pansy is crazy as frollo and needs to be treated as dangerous.
Oct 4, 2019 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
Very interesting first episode and'after the twist I'm tempted to watch again just to see if there are any other obvious signs of genre subversion in the first half. Were those ironic pantsu shots after all?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 5, 2019 12:43 AM
Apr 2012
Incel: the Anime. Imagine being such a sociopath that you create a manufactured personality in the hopes that the girls around you will naturally like you and then get mad when your actual decent human being of a friend gets their affection instead.

Fedora not required to enjoy, but recommended.
Oct 5, 2019 2:34 AM

Jul 2014
I would have hated the episode if it was just the first half's style, with all the tropes left, right and centre. But the twist made it much funnier in the second half, and I'm eager to see if the show can keep that up beyond this initial episode. Granted, Joro going to such lengths to get a girlfriend can charitably be called bizarre (and much worse if you're less charitable, like the comment above mine), but having such a character as a romcom MC should prove pretty entertaining.

But how did Pansy figure out his secret anyway? Sure, she was stalking him all through the first half of the episode, but he was extra-careful to keep his true personality hidden and present himself as the ideal MC; I certainly didn't see any cracks in his facade which would have been visible to her.
Oct 5, 2019 3:16 AM
Jan 2019
so we got one of this kind anime
the feeling of a background character that been fall in love twice but they just want to get closer to his friend, poor Joro
what a tragic story a pure innocent boy who has tainted by the brutal world
his new personality is interesting
that 3 benches and their confession are very similar need to rewatch it 3x to notice it (I mean the bench)
this is more interesting than the classic romance
Oct 5, 2019 7:42 AM
Jan 2019
This anime goes to the list because I laughed too much with this first episode. The protagonist, Joro, is great 😂. Poor guy, his childhood friend and the girl he likes put him in the friend zone on consecutive days. But look on the bright side, the girl crazy one likes you, hahaha.
The animation is not the best I've seen, but the plot convinces me, in addition, I love romantic comedies.
Oct 5, 2019 8:42 AM
Jun 2019
That was simply amazing!
My first impression of it being another seasonal harem trash anime with a dense main character was totally thrown out the window!

Twas all but a ruse.
Oct 5, 2019 9:09 AM

Jun 2013
That was good the second part actually sold me on this
Oct 5, 2019 9:23 AM

Feb 2017
good laugh, i like that every character has something shit on them and make it kinda accurate like this society.
the "male protag are try hard to make him look charming to society like a rom com protag but natural and all out in personal" premise is refreshing

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 5, 2019 10:13 AM

Mar 2019
Promises to be one of the best anime of this season, hopefully won't disappoint
Oct 5, 2019 2:05 PM

Feb 2016
End girl saved it, First 2 needed a slap.
Oct 5, 2019 4:17 PM

Sep 2014
A rather funny chapter, where comedy and humor will be present in all the chapters (or at least that made me think about this chapter) ... although seeing the bad luck that Joro has for the Waifus he likes to say those words , I don't know if it's very bad luck for Joro, or he doesn't have "good arrival" with the characters of the opposite sex ... although the scenes at the end of the chapter with the crazy and stalker Sanshokuin were fun to watch ... now to Wait for the next chapter.
Oct 5, 2019 4:24 PM

Oct 2008
Really sucks to be a background character!
but i wouldn't mind to go with Pantsy girl as long as the VA is Haruka Toma-chan!
artstyle is above average huh...and OST was fine.
4/5.

Oct 5, 2019 10:30 PM

Aug 2018
this is probably going to be my favourite of the season. i love parodies of popular genres and i rarely see them in anime.

Oct 5, 2019 11:06 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not sure about this one, the only thing that I like in this show is Sanshokuin and I really really like her so I'll keep watching.
I think she might Emerge from this season as a pretty memorable character.
Forum Signature
Oct 6, 2019 4:42 AM

Apr 2018
Well, this looks interesting. MC is kind of frustrating to watch though. Surprised that 'Saki' is the one that likes him lmao
Oct 6, 2019 5:17 AM

Jan 2009
I'm also a bit surprised how popular Sanshokuin was received. And we haven't even seen her true form ;)
Oct 6, 2019 5:53 AM
Dec 2013
Vader_ said:
Joro x Sun waiting room

I'm so waiting for this
Oct 6, 2019 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
Is this harem? I hope not.
Oct 6, 2019 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
Oct 6, 2019 9:03 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Didn't know what to watch this season except for Hero Academia and Food Wars, so I randomly decided to take a look at this.

First half was pretty meh, but I enjoyed the second half. The MC's real personality is great, had a good laugh.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Oct 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
Nequiz said:
I'm simple man: I see a pantsu flash in the first 60sec and I will watch the next episode, surprisingly this show bring an interesting plot to the season, made me laugh several times and also brought some fresh jokes (at least I haven't seen them before) so let's see what is going on to happen

Ahorita vemos qué pedo !!

¡Ay Papantla tus hijos vuelan!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 6, 2019 12:28 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Talk about subverting expectations. I honestly thought this was going to be yet another harem, with that girl in glasses causing trouble or something. This felt like Cuck the anime at first.

But as the episode went on, I was liking it more and more. The main character is deliciously conniving and the comedy was hilarious. The art style is extremely cute and appealing, and they had a parody of the Imperial March for the stalking girl.

I'm kind of hoping they team up and ruin everything for the three love birds.

Either way, I really liked this.
Oct 6, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2016
The first part was really boring but the second part was a bit funny. I'll watch the next episodes to decide if keep to watch it or not.
Oct 6, 2019 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
The second half was gold, the MC's true colours is probably gonna carry the show for me. I am really curious to see how this all will unfold. Best girl for now is Hinata (Himawari), I like me some energetic girls.

Oct 6, 2019 7:21 PM

May 2018
Good start. Definitely on my watch list.
Oct 6, 2019 8:58 PM

Jun 2015
amusing start, although the girl who actually likes him does give me a little bit of emergence flashbacks..
Oct 7, 2019 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
welp am i thinking that the male MC looks like a Vietnam War veteran who got PTSD and shouts to himself all of a sudden? it might be unfunny for me it was still a decent show and i hope they should loosen the PTSD vibe and nice one no NTR on the show yet
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 7, 2019 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
I loveeeee it!
It all started with the generic harem scenes and characters, they even made the MC pretend as the oblivious and bland. I almost thought that it would be like Nisekoi but damn, those twists! So funny and interesting to watch.

I just hope that the anime would live up to its title and not make the other 2 girls fall in love with Joro, who have now an interesting personality.

Also, Tomatsu Haruka's character for the win! Cant wait for the next episode.
Oct 7, 2019 11:44 AM
Mar 2019
the story of my life
Oct 7, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2015
Honestly I was genuinely worried there for a bit. I thought this was going to be a below average harem anime but they used that oh so well XD. My expectation was used against me to create a genuinely shocking plot twist.

Learning about his true personality was a god send. He's not an average generic main character, he's funny.

Also like the glasses girl, she wasnt what I expected either. Cant wait to see the interactions between those two.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

111 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

234 by 28012001 »»
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

104 by 28012001 »»
Mar 27, 6:45 AM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.