Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2019 7:32 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
weird to introduce the grandfather character so late in...

was also hoping for some actual resolution as far as the confession to the police would go. she was invisible during the murder, and with what we've been told about the invisibility it seems unlikely that she would have left any fingerprints on the knife. would she actually get arrested?---'i turned invisible and killed my father' doesnt seem particularly believable, especially if there was any kind of CCTV / video of the murder.theres more to disprove her presence than to prove it.

it was an alright series, but i definitely feel the vague ending did not do it justice.
Dec 4, 2019 6:38 PM
Jan 2016
Ending definitely felt dead, no pun intended. The story didn't feel like it closed up the right way in my opinion. I would like it to end with her realizing that she did have a future especially with a murder case that just wasn't gonna work, especially with the workings of her invisibility power causing her to basically get away with murder.

But that's just my two-cent. Maybe there's a deeper meaning that I'm not seeing.
Dec 24, 2019 3:24 AM

May 2013
Honestly whowould believe her that she killed him? Like her mother crying at the end about her murdering her dad? That would be so hard to believe. The dude that wrote this sucks at writing people, the concept was cool, but then he topped it off with that ending. Which really isn’t an ending, but I guess it is supposed to be her going to a police station, but idk. What a mess.
May 14, 2020 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
A weird ending, this, especially as this chapter just seems to reiterate everything we learned last chapter anyway. I think the thing to consider though is that it does not really matter to Aya's story whether the police actually buy her confession or not, so much as the fact that she's finally facing up to what she did by going to confess at all. I think showing her confess and, in all likelihood, being laughed out of the police station, would have somewhat undercut the purpose of Aya's entire character arc. That being said, there must have been a better option than what was chosen here, something that would have offered a little bit more closure than what we ultimately got.

A decent concept which is, at times, paced rather oddly, but is still interesting due to its strong storytelling and interesting messaging. I still don't buy so many people reacting so casually to Aya telling them that she killed her own father, especially without the context behind it.

8/10
May 19, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2019
haha i teared up a little bit near the end

certainly not a masterpiece but still a good manga, i liked aya's journey as a character.

7.5/10

Nov 13, 2021 11:30 PM

Dec 2009
Disappointing 4/10.
I was expecting a story of revenge, justice or insanity of doing terrible or odd things invisible from the protagonist before reading.
After I thought I'd experience a story of how Aya tries to save her mother, which I think would have been more interesting.

Instead, it stayed to her rule of morality to turn herself in after she feels she has something to lose, which was happiness from friends...
Realistic from a 15 year old, but nonetheless boring.
At first her awkwardness and inability to relate to others as a child who's experienced abuse from her father to her mother was captivating, but ultimately felt flat when she "easily" became normal, even while holding the guilt of murder.
Her father as an illusion was kinda interesting but meaningless in the end since it could have simply been her inner thoughts instead.

The concept of invisibility from literally wanting to disappear out of her worries is cool, but unfortunately the story wasn't great, and the characters were basic.
... Her slowly admitting her crime after a year to turn herself in ... is somehow weird and dull.
It had some charm, like how accepting her senpai was of her, but the plots were far too plain.

It's still odd and very disappointing how her mother wasn't a main theme of the story since she killed her father to save her, even though she claims it was for own convenience, and not for her mother.
The origin of his father and attempt to potentially have some empathy for him was poorly portrayed as well. Her forgiving friends aren't extraordinary either for how simple it's all relayed.
Feb 26, 2022 4:04 PM

Nov 2017
There's a sequel chapter out, btw, if you want to check it out
May 7, 2022 7:28 PM

Mar 2021
TheSupremeXtream said:
I just checked it out, and I regret doing so.
May 8, 2022 8:42 AM

Nov 2017
Potatoboy11 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:
I just checked it out, and I regret doing so.

Lmao, I actually thought it was pretty based. Apparently, Ogino wanted there to be more romance between Aya and Shiori but Jump wouldn't let him so he made that extra chapter to be like "I intended them to be a couple all along"
May 17, 2022 9:40 AM
Apr 2022
buunny said:
Honestly whowould believe her that she killed him? Like her mother crying at the end about her murdering her dad? That would be so hard to believe. The dude that wrote this sucks at writing people, the concept was cool, but then he topped it off with that ending. Which really isn’t an ending, but I guess it is supposed to be her going to a police station, but idk. What a mess.
. The mom cried because sge thought her daughter became a murderer because of her.
Feb 3, 2023 1:22 PM
May 2022
i really liked it. ending was a little bit open ended, like how many years did she get, did they wait for her? etc. but at the same time i understand why it ended like it did. basically the point was to show that she wanted to deal with it head on instead of running/dissapearing, even through its painful.
Feb 7, 2023 8:18 PM

Sep 2013
An open ending is fine because the consequences of Aya's actions aren't the main focus, but her journey to those consequences instead. Regardless, I think that the author left a lot of context in earlier chapters to allow for us to more or less figure out what would happen without having to draw it out. Based on Shiori's reaction to the invisibility, the police won't believe Aya if she told them. If she wanted to display it, Aya probably could not since she lost her feelings of wanting to disappear/despair which is the trigger for her invisibility. With how her invisibility interacts with objects and the world, there's likely no finger prints or anything that would connect her to the crime. And finally the CCTV footage doesn't show her in the area at the time of the stabbing since she was invisible the whole time.

I liked the series a lot.
Aug 6, 2023 9:17 PM
Mar 2021
What the actual f i am not satisfied with the ending it felt rushed and end absurdly IM SO CURIOUS ON WHAT HAPPENED TO AYA after she turned herself in because she has no prove to show the police that she killed him, is the police just gonna accept it? accept a first year highschool girl saying she murder her father and end the investigation? what about her punishment? and what about after that WHAT ABOUT HER BELOVED GF? IS SHE JUST GONNA WAIT FOR THEIR REUNION? what if Aya got a death sentence(not gonna happen since she still a minor so it most likely just a year or more in prison but still) IM SO CURIOUS ABOUT IT AND THERE'S NO AFTER STORY OR EPILOGUE FOR IT ARGHHHHHH in conclusion i would give this a higher rating if an epilogue or after story like a time skip chapter came with a proper conclusion instead of just calling it end when Aya is still walking towards an unknown future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toumei Ningen no Hone Chapter 10 Discussion

buunny - May 13, 2019

0 by buunny »»
May 13, 2019 4:00 AM

Poll: » Toumei Ningen no Hone Chapter 9 Discussion

buunny - May 13, 2019

0 by buunny »»
May 13, 2019 3:53 AM

Poll: » Toumei Ningen no Hone Chapter 4 Discussion

buunny - May 12, 2019

0 by buunny »»
May 12, 2019 6:17 PM

Poll: » Toumei Ningen no Hone Chapter 3 Discussion

buunny - May 12, 2019

0 by buunny »»
May 12, 2019 6:08 PM

Poll: » Toumei Ningen no Hone Chapter 1 Discussion

buunny - May 12, 2019

0 by buunny »»
May 12, 2019 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.