New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 2019 4:26 AM

Feb 2017
shanimebib said:
MomoLilya said:
Noooooh!
Kumiko x Reina best friend forever

Corrected for you. Takeda has confirmed it multiple times that what Kumiko and Reina share is something more precious than any other relationship - a bond formed through fellowship, a bond that is more powerful than any romantic relationship could ever be.

And it is something Shuuichi himself understands. Shuuichi understands Kumiko more than anyone else. Much more than her own sister - Mamiko, her precious senpai - Asuka and certainly more than her best friend - Reina. And that is something Kumiko is aware of herself as well.

Kumiko and Shuuichi have a connection that is not visible to many because that is how the anime wanted to portray it. They are imperfect together but that is how most of the real relationships are. And Hibike deals with real relationships. There is a reason why Takeda confirmed the importance of Shuuichi in Kumiko's life. Shuuichi fits the entire description of a person who would support her from the shadows, accept her for who she is, and be there for her the difficult person that she is.

Lalalalala I can’t hear you >.<
May 15, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
For future reference:

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 17, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2007

O M G ! Even Kanade-chan knows what's going on! Kumiko looks so adorable there being teased by the little devil!

Translation:

Let's Give Our All Together

Kanade: Tsukamoto-senpai is looking at you, Senpai. You want to go to him, right?
Kumiko: How can you tell- Wait a sec! How far do you know?!
Kanade: Because I know. You are going out with him, right? You are in love with him, right? (smug face)
Kumiko: Wai... If Shuuichi hears this conversation... (blushing)

You guys can tell me whatever you want and Kumiko can deny all she wants but she is definitely in love with him.
Coronavirus.
May 18, 2019 10:10 AM

Nov 2007

OMG! Shuuichi and Kumiko PV of Hibike! Euphonium Chikai no Finale is the first Hibike! Euphonium official video in more than four years (since December 27, 2014) to reach 10K+ likes!

Where art thou shippers?! <3

Most of the likes are from Japanese fans it seems.
Coronavirus.
May 26, 2019 9:38 AM

Nov 2007

Surprise, surprise! With 15K likes, Shuuichi and Kumiko PV of Chikai no Finale is now officially the most liked non-Violet Evergarden video uploaded on Kyoto Animation's official youtube channel!

I did not expect such an overwhelmingly positive reception when this was first uploaded little over three weeks back! A couple of months back when Shuuichi's character biography post in the official twitter account received the most number of likes out of all the characters in Kumiko's year (including Kumiko herself), I realized he was quite popular in Japan but not to this extent. I am now more than certain that Japan's favourite couple is indeed 秀久美 irrespective of what we read on the western websites. The overwhelming positive comments from the Japanese fans and the number of likes on those comments speak volumes of their favourite couple. :)
Coronavirus.
Jun 10, 2019 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
PunkRocker2001 said:
No, he's the most boring and useless character in the series. They could've left him out and nothing would change.

But could they? Things that wouldn't happen without him:

A) Kumiko getting all the intel of what's happening within the club and with its members.
B) The words of encouragement those Kumiko desperately needed before the Regional Finals.
C) Kumiko making up with Mamiko who has been extremely important in her life for making her develop passion for Euphonium/ band music.
D) Kumiko getting an Italian White shaped fancy hairpin that she ended up treasuring
and of course
E) Kumiko's hike on the hill with Reina (you know the rest).

Do you now see his importance? I guess you still won't. Probably.
Coronavirus.
Jun 29, 2019 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
Justice for Shuuichi, been feelin that since the first season. Don't see how he's that unlikeable when's he's not as useless as haters say he is

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
May 13, 2020 11:04 PM

Nov 2019
A shipping of Reina and Kumiko feels forced and pathetic. Seems like there are many viewers who think girls can't be BFFs.
The crew of Kyoani also did Shuichi complete injustice.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 14, 2020 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
Laplace_kun said:
A shipping of Reina and Kumiko feels forced and pathetic. Seems like there are many viewers who think girls can't be BFFs.

I think it was needed on KyoAni's part. Shuuichi is too OP in the novel.
Coronavirus.
May 23, 2020 9:14 PM

Sep 2016
shanimebib said:
Laplace_kun said:

I think it was needed on KyoAni's part. Shuuichi is too OP in the novel.

WHAT??! Oh boy... Shanimebid, please... I don't know what novels you have read but in which I have read Shuuichi is not too OP. Shuuichi is sligthly better guy in the novel than the anime, kinder but also more fooled. He has more escenes in paper but don't overdo it either. This is fooling people in this point implying it's a Kyoani only hing.

You feel in love with Shuuichi or something? You speak like the series is all about him and it's not even that important to the story. And honestly if Shuuichi wasn't a character there wouldn't be so much that would change but your delusion is such that I don't think you can even see it.

He is not even the protagonist's main counterpart in the writing-wise. Takeda wrote the characters in pairs of contrasts, so Kumiko is the calm one and Reina the passionate one. Shuuichi as you say is a support from behind and is the position he has. As Takeda said he is a convenient fellow, and in this point he is this in all possible meanings. And hence the idea that Kyoani has taken to represent him.

His relationship with Kumiko, as much as it is romantic, is not presented as something so important because her relationship with Reina as you say is above that, and that is where the focus is most directed. (This may have been due to the influence of Kyoani, I will not lie to you. But in the end it ends up being something agreed by both parties, and not implying that Takeda had nothing to do with this from the beginning either. There's a lot of misinformation about it...).

I feel like writing these half lies is your way of dealing with something that has actually left you unsatisfied because otherwise I don't understand your point.

"Anyone else feel a certain trombone player needs more love?"
I sincerely believe that yours at this point is more than enough for make him happy. (I mean, if Shuuichi existed to start with).

ORUGAdesuJun 5, 2020 2:04 PM
Aug 23, 2020 1:57 PM
Mar 2014
shanimebib said:
Kirie-san said:
Do you know if the movie will have screenings in other countries than Japan? I would be happy if it could come out in France but they decided to release Liz and the Blue Bird instead... =/

Right now there has not been any announcement for outside Japan. Dunno if you have seen it already but Liz to Aoi Tori is a masterpiece in my book actually.

Also, Year 3 Novel Vol. 1 cover features Kumiko, Kanade, a new girl (Kuroe Mayu (I guessed her name as there is no Kana) Year 3, Seira Girls High Transferee to Kitauji), Reina and Shuuichi. No one believed me when I said Shuuichi will become an important character down the line because he was listed as one of the four main characters in the official novel page even during the airing of the first season which was revamped during the anime aired. He will play the role of not just a love interest but something more than that which makes me happier. I would rather see him as an important character than a character of just love interest/ pity. Haters gonna hate but he is definitely going to ride the storm. Not that it matters though because fans in Japan love him and his popularity hit another level when his VA Ishiya Haruki revealed that he has mastered playing trombone by practicing it every week for the past three years IRL! That's how passionate he has been with his role as Shuuichi.

If you are being a logical and coherent person with reasoning, there is no reason for you to hate his character. Mochizou from Tamako Market got the hate as well. But he rode the storm and fans didn't find excuses to hate him after his character was explored through TLS. TLS remains one of my all time fave romance stories. But I doubt Chikai no Finale will go that route. Ultimately, Hibike! Euphonium is about music, forming bonds and a story of improving oneself. It should not move away from those things, generally speaking.

I'm with you on TLS. Mochi was great and so is Shuu. Kinda sad that he didn't get what he wanted in the movie tho and I don't get why he gets hate. He's the most sincere and nicest guy in Hibike
Aug 23, 2020 2:02 PM
Mar 2014
Kirie-san said:
@shanimebib: Lol, I'm not the same since most of the time I think "Oh they can do something good" and then I end up disappointed. My favorite animes from Kyo Ani are Clannad, Free and Koe no Katachi. I was disappointed by Hyouka, Kyoukai no Kanata and Hibike. And even with the third season of Free and the beginning of Violet Evergarden. So now I'm not confident with their works.

I haven't read the novels but I was told there weren't "yuri scenes" like they did in anime. That's why I wish they had follow the novel.

I'm not saying that Shuuichi hasn't been well-liked in Japan, but Kyo Ani put that yuri fan service because of Japanese people (since their works is firstly addressed to Japanese). It's kinda the same with Violet Evergarden, they added Iris, Erica in the anime to attract male viewers. Even in Free they emphasized too much the relationship between Ikuya and Hiyori to attract female viewers. And I'm fed up with their fan service since it ruins the show.

Well, they didn't go for "witch-hunting" but neither did the westerners. I've seen people complaining about Shuuichi ruining the Kumiko x Reina ship but I've also seen people that were aware of his actions and who wished that Kyo Ani didn't emphasized that ship. Maybe they weren't a lot on MyAnimeList but there are westerners who liked Shuuichi. That's why I think that KyoAni is responsible for the hate he got since they are the ones that emphasized the Kumiko x Reina instead of giving Shuuchi the role he was supposed to have.

Anyway, now it's too late. I just hope I'll be able to read the novel one day. I also would like to know what Ayano Takeda thinks about the anime adaptation. If it was me I would be very angry lol

110% agreed. And just to repeat what you said, Shuuichi SHOULD of had the role instead of Reina, in case you Shuu haters are reading:p
Sep 9, 2020 1:24 AM
Mar 2016
shanimebib said:
We all know that Kumiko doesn't love him. Her cold piercing eyes, her uninterested responses and her 'Geh"s have shaped her relationship with him.

Can he live without Kumiko's love? Why not we love this poor soul in Kumiko's stead? But, more importantly, does he really need our love though?

Well, apparently he is getting plenty of love from the Kitauji Quartet! All of their seiyuu meets bar one have been "Shuuichi this!" and "Shuuichi that!".

The very first one, which was released before Todoketai Melody, ended up becoming listing all the good points of Shuuichi.

The third one (the second of the Roke! Euphonium series, part of Chikai no Finale promo) nonchalantly brought Shuuichi up on how adorable he was shouting from the other end that he wanted to improve as well along with the fist bump of the first key visual.

The fourth one (the third of the Roke! Euphonium series) became a fist bump mania in front of the bench of the first key visual.

The fifth one (the fourth and the final of the Roke! Euphonium series) was spent on the bakery (pan) store which has a specialty bread named after the boy himself (the one we see Shuuichi eating before boarding the train) and ending with the Shuuichi x Kumiko key visual promo for Chikai no Finale.

Looks like KyoAni is actually following up on Shuuichi's popularity in Japan. Hmm.

Shuuichi is kind of character that's so enjoyable to see.. He is funny, he cheer kumiko,he is responsible for her sister to change and his love for kumiko is pure and not cringey ... I really don't get enough from him but Kyoto want to make the anime so girly so they avoid him in the anime and people hate him because of their stupid yuri ship.

I really don't get why kumiko hate him that much even my friends asked my that but I think because he told she is ugly in the middle school which made her hate him even though she loves him and being jealous of him.
Sep 26, 2020 4:35 AM
Jun 2014
Yea when you have a couple ready already, for the sake of homophobes douchebags, they had to throw 2 gorillas to make girls straight. I never considered that gorilla as a character. That animal is just created for the sake of pleasing straight homophobes. That's the only part I hate about this serie. Shugorilla or takigorilla don't deserve shit. Let the story flow properly and do the bold thing instead of being a coward and making the series straight. God this yuri bait and gorillas are so annoying. Either make it straight or gay. Why do we need to agonize over the series this much jesus?
Feb 13, 2:39 PM
Feb 2016
Reply to shanimebib
@lKuroi, no worries. He won't remain irrelevant after Chikai no Finale.

@Kirie-san

The Roke! Euphonium continuation with a two-parter interview of the director Ishihara more or less confirmed Shuuichi to be the main character of Chikai no Finale (if the fist bump key visual wasn't enough). And...

@shanimebib this comment didnt age well hahaha well, shuichi does talk a few times but he's far from being a main character.

He deserves more, good character, good personality.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Turning Hibike! Euphonium into a film was a mistake, especially for the future

CickNipolla - Jul 12, 2022

13 by GreatAide »»
May 4, 4:27 AM

» Does Kumiko actually romantically like Asuka?

OugiRevolution - Mar 1, 2020

9 by realivanjx »»
Apr 24, 9:05 AM

» Kumiko x Reina ?

removed-user - Jan 23, 2022

7 by saikyozero »»
Apr 15, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Movie 3: Chikai no Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Apr 18, 2019

125 by luminality »»
Apr 7, 3:51 AM

» question about this

MeganeKun_ - Jun 13, 2022

12 by WiskleGEX »»
Jun 13, 2022 11:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.