Forum Settings
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2019 10:02 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Volume 4, Chapter 6:

This chapter seems worse the more I think about it. Tanya essentially falls for the same trap she did earlier. She proposes a new unit concept, and is surprised to find she is asked to command said unit. Carlo Zen doesn't even provide the courtesy of showing Tanya describe her idea before being told to make it a reality.

A point I noticed earlier, but was more glaring in this episode, is what happened to the two other company commanders. I remember them having names, but they seem nowhere to be found. Grantz has assumed a much larger roll, but I don't understand how he became a company commander in a unit that supposed to be full of elite soldiers. I assume he took the company Weiss commanded to allow Weiss to float around.

The Federation's plan is stupid. It accurately describes how fighting turned out in WWII, but it is not a situation that one can just plan to get into. Leningrad and Stalingrad turned into protracted urban fights because the German army was unable to isolate either of those cities. Cities that were isolated did fall, such as Kiev. There is much more I could say, but the afterword makes me feel that Carlo Zen doesn't want this story to drag. He is taking short cuts to speed things up.
Phaetons_FollyFeb 18, 2019 5:59 PM
Mar 12, 2019 7:50 AM
Jul 2017
Well, I doubt things will speed up.
Volume 11 was just released; since all volumes are about the same in length, that will be 7 times 350 pages worth of confirmed content coming out, not counting things that haven't been released in Japanese.

I also thought that things were a bit rushed, but I didn't mind it as much to be honest.
Oct 5, 2023 11:38 AM
Aug 2021
Loved the unusual way this was introduced, Tanya was forced to test her thesis herself, creating a small army in only 5 days and not sparing means to do so, simultaneously Loria prepares his side to go all out against the Empire and claim Tanya as his ultimate prize, they can actually become very interesting indirect rivals, each leading their respective sides with different strategies, while Mary will be the physical obstacle that will be on Tanya’s way, she has awakened her wrath and desire for revenge and it is directed to our protagonist. I’m super excited for what’s to follow.
Oct 5, 2023 11:43 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Phaetons_Folly
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Volume 4, Chapter 6:

This chapter seems worse the more I think about it. Tanya essentially falls for the same trap she did earlier. She proposes a new unit concept, and is surprised to find she is asked to command said unit. Carlo Zen doesn't even provide the courtesy of showing Tanya describe her idea before being told to make it a reality.

A point I noticed earlier, but was more glaring in this episode, is what happened to the two other company commanders. I remember them having names, but they seem nowhere to be found. Grantz has assumed a much larger roll, but I don't understand how he became a company commander in a unit that supposed to be full of elite soldiers. I assume he took the company Weiss commanded to allow Weiss to float around.

The Federation's plan is stupid. It accurately describes how fighting turned out in WWII, but it is not a situation that one can just plan to get into. Leningrad and Stalingrad turned into protracted urban fights because the German army was unable to isolate either of those cities. Cities that were isolated did fall, such as Kiev. There is much more I could say, but the afterword makes me feel that Carlo Zen doesn't want this story to drag. He is taking short cuts to speed things up.
@Phaetons_Folly Wow that’s true, he did recycle that concept. I should’ve noticed, I’m still excited how the Stalingrad battles will be warped here, since the series is not close to ending at this volume’s point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 30 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 21, 2019

1 by Didi6970 »»
Oct 20, 2023 9:22 AM

» Where to start?

DravenFact1 - Oct 10, 2023

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:44 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 18 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Aug 10, 2018

1 by Didi6970 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 12 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Apr 30, 2018

1 by Didi6970 »»
Sep 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 5 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Dec 30, 2017

2 by Didi6970 »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.