Forum Settings
Forums

am i the only one who thinks My Hero Academia is overrated?

New
am i the only one who thinks My Hero Academia is overrated?
yes it is overrated
68.7%
it is not overrated
31.3%
278 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2018 7:33 PM

Jan 2016
Battle Shounen is a serious business. You need to stfu.
Sep 25, 2018 7:34 PM
Mar 2016
Yes it is overrated. I think it peaked at Tournament arc and went downhill after that.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't enjoy Allmight vs AFO fight as much as it was hyped. It was the classical MHA flavor. Just get hyped and emotional with your punches and you'll win.
Sep 25, 2018 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
I'd say My Hero Academia is a series with very few weaknesses... But it doesn't have an abundance of strengths either. My personal opinion on it is that it's passable for if you just wanna kill some time, but it's not going to be anything particularly memorable. It's so polished that there is no edge to latch onto, and consequently it just kinda makes it harder to care about.

Why should I watch this version of the same story, when I can just find the aspect of the show I enjoy better done elsewhere? Even if BnHA has the highest score average when all of its parts are combined, I don't think it scores the highest individually at anything.
Sep 25, 2018 7:59 PM

Mar 2015
"am i the only one"

obviously OP, out of 7 billion people on the earth, you are the only one...

Note:
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 25, 2018 8:06 PM

Oct 2017
When you say "am I the only one?", it shows how dumb you're to not even realize that it's disliked by many others. There are so many obvious things that show you're not the only one. Yet, people still ask this kind of shit. Now what? Let's create a thread about every damn show by saying am I the only one who thinks **** is overrated? When the answer to it is fucking obvious!
Sep 25, 2018 8:07 PM

Aug 2016
Yes, you're literally the only person in the whole world who thinks MHA is overrated
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 25, 2018 8:08 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe, but it's still better than alot of other stuff I've seen.
Sep 25, 2018 8:11 PM

May 2015
Overrated is such a retarded word and I wish people would stop using it unironically.

Sep 25, 2018 8:13 PM
Mar 2013
NthDegree said:
I'd say My Hero Academia is a series with very few weaknesses... But it doesn't have an abundance of strengths either. My personal opinion on it is that it's passable for if you just wanna kill some time, but it's not going to be anything particularly memorable. It's so polished that there is no edge to latch onto, and consequently it just kinda makes it harder to care about.

Why should I watch this version of the same story, when I can just find the aspect of the show I enjoy better done elsewhere? Even if BnHA has the highest score average when all of its parts are combined, I don't think it scores the highest individually at anything.

That's a good analogy, even though I give it more credit than you do but I agree with the general notion and assessment of strengths and weaknesses, I think I might steal it in the future
Sep 25, 2018 8:13 PM

Apr 2018
Anw yeah it is one of the most overated anime out there and no it isn't cause of its popularity since idc if a shit anime is popular af
Sep 25, 2018 8:14 PM

Dec 2017
Arkab said:
Lunilah said:
Isn't that an originator? It's from 1992. Originator =/= Generic.

Edit: Pioneer is a better word.

Yu Yu Hakusho was not the first fighting shonen. It was no pioneer.

But it was the first good fighting shonen.
Sep 25, 2018 8:16 PM

Oct 2014
No, you're not alone. I think it's a good series, don't get me wrong, but some people hype it up a bit too much. I'm sure I do the same with series who others might think are overrated too, though.
Sep 25, 2018 8:17 PM

Apr 2018
Yes. You are absolutely the only one who thinks so.
Sep 25, 2018 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
-Funland- said:

But it was the first good fighting shonen.

And how can you make that sweeping statement if you haven't watched the fighting shonens that came before it?
Sep 25, 2018 9:13 PM
Aug 2016
Yeah, because you're the only person on the planet who thinks that.

I guess forget about the other 7.7+ billion people out there
Sep 25, 2018 9:35 PM

Nov 2017
"Am i the only one" was a viruses that only infect an lonely weebs
Now Loading.....
Sep 26, 2018 1:01 AM

Oct 2015
Find a better audience to view any of their opinions, not some random posts on Twitter.

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Sep 26, 2018 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
Yes, OP, you're the only one. Overrated means recognizing that it's highly rated. Except who rated it highly? It's just another battle shounen. Like I'm sure some 13 year old teen girl heard Justin Bieber's love songs and felt that he "saved her life" because she was listening to that shit on repeat over a breakup. But the rest of us have seen teen idols come and go.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 26, 2018 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
TTagain said:
Yes it is overrated. I think it peaked at Tournament arc and went downhill after that.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't enjoy Allmight vs AFO fight as much as it was hyped. It was the classical MHA flavor. Just get hyped and emotional with your punches and you'll win.
Yes , Finally someone who agrees with me on the fact that all might vs all for one fight wasn't that impressive as said out to be
Sep 26, 2018 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
No you are not the one who thinks my hero academia is underated overrated. So lucky you.
Sep 26, 2018 6:27 AM

Mar 2016
Where's the "a little bit" option? -

Sep 26, 2018 6:33 AM

Aug 2017
I think that others shows deserve to be called overrated. MHA is just popular.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 26, 2018 7:28 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I haven't seen many people praising it that much, maybe you should just quit some anime communities if it bothers you that much. Bnha did a lot of things correctly and got popular based on that, so obviously it will have die hard fans now. Personally I think first two seasons were good but now it feels like it isn't going anywhere and it just duplicates problems present from S1.
Sep 26, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2016
If I had to guess, I think the hype is coming from people who got in to MHA without having followed the other long running shounen series that came before it, so they experienced MHA without the baggage of having already experienced those character and story tropes having been played straight, averted, subverted, and deconstructed in every way imaginable, so it can come off as the best thing ever. I'm happy for them! That being said, I think MHA is simply another very good shounen battle series like Naruto or HxH at their best. It's not the best thing ever, but it certainly isn't bad. It's very enjoyable. Like those two shows, there were a few episodes where I cried, and a few episodes I gave 10's to. That being said, I think that the show is overall a 7 or an 8.
Sep 26, 2018 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
well it is good so i can understand when someone who only watched 3 or 4 anime says such things. you know. its understandable.
so i dont know am like in the middle. i cannot say it is overrated i understand why there is the hype but its also not the best thing around by far.

this is technically overrated but i cannot say that
Sep 26, 2018 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
You should subcribe to flaviozx2395, his channel is basically a giant My Hero hate circlejerk:

Sep 26, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
Thread locked

Please use this thread for overrated anime discussion.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which anime brings back memories of nostalgia for you?

Gashadokur0 - 7 hours ago

15 by 707supremacist »»
6 minutes ago

» Ai Spambots

billybub - 5 hours ago

28 by Zarutaku »»
24 minutes ago

» What is the greatest spoiler of all time in anime?

SgtBateMan - 7 hours ago

14 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
27 minutes ago

» What's the craziest plot twist you've ever come across in an anime?

Nanami0007 - 3 hours ago

10 by theiceria »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 10 hours ago

13 by DX_impulse »»
38 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.