Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:36 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The volume was delayed for the upcoming preparations for the season and the project overall so it was quite some waiting time. Overall i enjoyed it, some moments gave me chills, especially the ending how Touma and Accel covered for Aleis-tan! Hyped for the Battle of Blythe road round 2.
Orsola was the center this time (probably last time), the role really fit her character for the Isis-Demeter and i think that Kamachi did really good job here, to show her emotional worries and how she can manipulate the divine mixture because of that.
Was nice to see old characters, well obv that are connected to England, Lessar and Birdway, Birdway is still one of my favorite character =/
Accel's role is still a bit mysterious, now he is completely aware of magic and trying to grasp the scales of it in his way. Well the next volume might show his fighting ability against strong?! magicians. And i wonder what is his end goal?!
Index's role =/ ... even Fran had more time.
Othinus's role was massive this time, she was guiding him mostly for the whole time. Still the scales of battles always surprise me, how different the sides are, well that was always the theme for the series.
Well obvious to say the popularity of my favorite character makes her appear this volume, i think i should put it this way. Was happy to see her =/ And seems like Shoukohou will follow her and we both may see them next volume. As always Mikoto looks beatiful <3
Till the next volume, i wonder if will come out before the third season, so hyped for both and might see Birdway in animation now oO. Overall 8/10
Oct 11, 2018 4:49 PM

Nov 2013
So after the previous volumes having a few minor death flags for Misaka, this time it is Accelerator's turn. Ok. Cool-...

> Misaka going to England against her father's orders
K something bad might happen but whatever, probably not going to be a big deal

> An unknown figure approaches the RV
Probably just going to be a minor incident to give Cat!Mina a bit of spotlight

> Suddenly Accelerator decides to make a contract with a demon
Oh shit. Misaka going there might be more trouble than expected.

> Mathers is alive
I WAS JOKING, KAMACHI. Jfc.
Just 100 pages before the reveal I was joking on Discord that he has to be the final boss. Fast forward literally a couple of hours and then this happens. What.
Also now that RV thing is more ominous.

Accelerator's entrance gets an 11.5/10 at the end there. Him and Touma standing with Aliester is a rather weird thing when you think about it, but fuck me that was hype.

.... I wanted to talk about Orsola too but the bombshells at the end just stole the show. Maybe some other time.
Oct 16, 2018 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
Botato said:
So after the previous volumes having a few minor death flags for Misaka, this time it is Accelerator's turn. Ok. Cool-...

> Misaka going to England against her father's orders
K something bad might happen but whatever, probably not going to be a big deal

> An unknown figure approaches the RV
Probably just going to be a minor incident to give Cat!Mina a bit of spotlight

> Suddenly Accelerator decides to make a contract with a demon
Oh shit. Misaka going there might be more trouble than expected.

> Mathers is alive
I WAS JOKING, KAMACHI. Jfc.
Just 100 pages before the reveal I was joking on Discord that he has to be the final boss. Fast forward literally a couple of hours and then this happens. What.
Also now that RV thing is more ominous.

Accelerator's entrance gets an 11.5/10 at the end there. Him and Touma standing with Aliester is a rather weird thing when you think about it, but fuck me that was hype.

.... I wanted to talk about Orsola too but the bombshells at the end just stole the show. Maybe some other time.

Mathers is clearly not the last boss. What I've got based from the translated parts so far, is that Mathers is really just a petty asshole who hated Aleister more than anything. The guy has a really similar setup with Kakine and we all know what happened to that poor sod. If anything, Westcott seems to be the most threatening GD member.
Nov 24, 2018 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
From the plot reveals in the end to the actual events in the chapter itself, I think this volume is one of my favorites. That is enhanced by the fact that the more grounded moments like Othinus pushing on Touma to do what Touma does best or Agnese seeing the importance of Orsola to them nuns of her force made me kinda want to tear up. Man, I haven't had this feeling since NT9. This volume is just that good.

Also, I want more Female Knight shenanigans xd
ethotNov 24, 2018 7:13 AM

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.