Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2018 10:58 AM
Apr 2014
revyHOLiC said:
SolrFlar3 said:
But how? Eva is a classic even if the ending is debatable.
a classic is nothing compared to modern. Franxx has better mecha design, better art, better graphic, better plot.

are you really crying about something that came out 23 years ago has worse animation than stuff coming out right now?
Apr 21, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2016
So all the nines are half 02
Well it was a nice episode tho
BRAWLERS
Apr 21, 2018 10:59 AM
Jan 2018
Did 02 and the 9s move out the way of the hand. Now where are squad 13 going to live now
Apr 21, 2018 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
END MY SUFFERING BEST ANIME WINTER 2018!!!

For those who haven't watched this masterpiece you're missing 98% of your lives!!

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 21, 2018 11:00 AM

Apr 2017
Holy shit, this episode was awesome.

Looks like the girls are on top of the guys in the 9s squad, that's hilarious.

Goro literally saving this anime every episode, best boy, best girl, best character, he gets all the titles, I swear to god if anything happens to him.

DitF has huge rewatchability with all those little details.
cunnysseur
Apr 21, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
God that was so..... bad lmao

And I am not saying that because I prefer Ichigo since I don't have any problem with Zero Two whatsoever. The writing was just lame and poor. It was like they decided to scrap last episode and make a U turn out of nowhere, with no regards to continuity.

If you're gonna write episode 14 like that, then you should make it obvious that you're not doing it just for the sake of the NTR/ waifu drama. You can't make the characters change from one moment to the next. What happened in 20 mins:

- Ichigo's resolution to try and protect Hiro from Zero Two suddenly disappeared. Zero Two is suddenly no threat according to her
- Everyone-for some reason- thinks it's perfectly okay to discuss that crap in the middle of the battle. Hiro's comrades were okay with that, despite the obvious danger and legit possibility of dying
- Zero Two and Hiro's break up had no actual impact. They just said 'yeah...sorry lol' and now they're back to the loving couple they were

And I wouldn't mind either of these choices above. What I do mind is all of this having no build up, actual consequences or time. It was rushed and it didn't allow the characters to evolve and mature. 1/5
Apr 21, 2018 11:04 AM
Sep 2017
This episode made me really happy Hiro and Zero Two are back together <3
Another Best Episode The Previous Episode was Bad but now this made it way better
Now I am questioning wtf was that Big Hand at the end xd
Jun 2017
uninstallthegame said:
"#bitchigo" , "ichigo needs to die", "fucking bitch die die die ichigo", "ichigo is a thot"

same dude. I dont hate her but just really disappointing how it turned out. Now hopefully this will settle everything
Fire Emblem anime when

Mar 2016
Man this episode, it made me finally lose any hope I had left for this anime.
Sigh.
Apr 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
cupc said:
How ironic that he's called Alpha

leave him alone man there's so much stigma attached on pegging that it might as well be considered power move

Jul 2018
Ichigo didn't care. She use the FRANXX to slap Zero Two again and cry up. I felt they poked the bear (us, viewers) with Ichigo pressing Hiro's hand in the beggining of the episode. I found this episode good but not so much.
Apr 2018
Great Episode! With Hiro and Zero Two reuniting and having a moment, got me in the feels! Can't wait to see how the series progresses in future episodes!

Aug 2017
So no one is going to mention how 02 knew who Hiro was all the time and still tried to kill him and called him fodder? Ok. Ichigo best waifu for always being true to herself.
Apr 21, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2017
Danae said:
God that was so..... bad lmao

And I am not saying that because I prefer Ichigo since I don't have any problem with Zero Two whatsoever. The writing was just lame and poor. It was like they decided to scrap last episode and make a U turn out of nowhere, with no regards to continuity.

If you're gonna write episode 14 like that, then you should make it obvious that you're not doing it just for the sake of the NTR/ waifu drama. You can't make the characters change from one moment to the next. What happened in 20 mins:

- Ichigo's resolution to try and protect Hiro from Zero Two suddenly disappeared. Zero Two is suddenly no threat according to her
- Everyone-for some reason- thinks it's perfectly okay to discuss that crap in the middle of the battle. Hiro's comrades were okay with that, despite the obvious danger and legit possibility of dying
- Zero Two and Hiro's break up had no actual impact. They just said 'yeah...sorry lol' and now they're back to the loving couple they were

And I wouldn't mind either of these choices above. What I do mind is all of this having no build up, actual consequences or time. It was rushed and it didn't allow the characters to evolve and mature. 1/5

they can't balance the drama and action at the same time. previous episode was overflown with drama, this time it was 90% action. this whole situation just went up down, up down and suddenly stopped, and now they're gonna focus on world building and klaxosaurus origin
Apr 21, 2018 11:10 AM

Feb 2012
-Stray said:
As expected people are praising the show just because of Zero Two and Hiro had a romantic scene, you people would accept anything when it comes to ship, hell this ep coulda been just Hiro and 02 kissing for 24mints and you'll all still say *ITS THE BEST EP, 02 X Hiro OMG SHUSHU ME SO HAPPY FOR THEM* *gag*

That being said I knew the massive staff list would not disappoint, this was a really heavy fight ep, the effects and choreography were great, and I knew those yellow like tubes inside the cores were humans! these adults really did a number on their world, now the final boss A.K.A those adults are gonna get it.

Best comment!!! I couldn't agree more!!!

For me this episode is not so amazing in fact...but the all series for me isn't so awesome like for this massive fandom.
Apr 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Oct 2016
What a fucking bro Goro is
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
Apr 21, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
im more interested on the fact that the cores of Klaxosaurs have humans possibly past humans
Apr 21, 2018 11:15 AM

Dec 2017
Finally got the healing episode.
Apr 21, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2015
A much better episode than the previous. Was worried Hiro would pull off a Shinji but thankfully that wasn't the case.

As stated numerous times in this thread, Goro is MVP.
Apr 21, 2018 11:16 AM
Mar 2018
So next week recap or not?
Apr 21, 2018 11:19 AM

Feb 2016
SNDT said:
So next week recap or not?

No new episode next week
Apr 21, 2018 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
I don't want to write wall of text so...

1. Trigger Goro-bro saved anime
2. Ichigo did not redeem herself, but advanced to "I still not like her"
3. 02 really did not taken any pilot with her (Apes just assumed that she already eaten them all but cockpit was empty so that's not a case)
4. Hiro really got some points for me in this ep, finally started fighting for his darling
5. Flashbacks and reunion was really great scene
6. I preferred white Strelizia... I know why it's red, but really, white one looked better
7. So we kinda know what happened with humans, they're dinos now
8. 02 horns reacted to that giant hand, spider sense?

I'm glad that I watched one more episode before dropping. Let's hope for happy end for this series (I watch Nearly On Red so yeah, let's hope it will end well).
Apr 21, 2018 11:21 AM
Jul 2015
LOL Seriously I don't know who got destroyed worse, the klaxosaurs or Ichigo lol. I mean she never stood a chance in the beginning but this episode really showed how it was never even a choice against the awesomeness and cuteness of Zero two lol. Nothing Ichigo could do can compete with that.

So glad Hiro and Zero Two are back together with everything finally aired out. This series really reminds me a lot of Eureka seven where its love between two different races and they need each other to pilot and what not. And how one is gaining acceptance of being different and the other is gaining some balls lol.

Also, Glad Ichigo is finally gonna move on and maybe give Goro a chance (Though he deserves better than her, he's an awesome person and friend and the real MVP this episode).

Now we can move on to learning about this messed up world cause i got a feeling that things are more corrupted and messed up than they seem.
SSJR2Apr 21, 2018 11:27 AM
Apr 21, 2018 11:24 AM
Aug 2010
cupc said:

Pegging In The FranXX
Apr 21, 2018 11:25 AM

May 2017
i am beginning to think that the filling of the klaxosaurus are filled with failed experiment children.
Apr 21, 2018 11:27 AM
Jan 2016
i knew this was going to happen from the beginning. now hiro and zero two will kill all the fucking papas(damn they are annoying) and live happily ever after(or not they probably gonna kill either 02 or Hiro at the end, i'hv a feeling for that)
Apr 21, 2018 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
People calling Ichigo a bitch or Bitchigo and still hating her are complete retards. It's like those people don't watch the episode when it obvious showed that she finally overcome her flaws both as a person, lover and leader in the end. It was clear that she was worried about Zero Two situation and Goro even points out. Then she see Hiro's memories and she accepts, just like Goro did in the last episode, that she wants them to be happy with each other which she says in the end. It's a fucking resolution for her character that showed during the entire series and people are still in that stupid thing. Ridiculous.
Apr 21, 2018 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
Does anyone else think the action is really boring because there's absolutely nothing at stake? I just don't feel involved in the action at all.
Apr 21, 2018 11:31 AM
Mar 2018
SSJR2 said:
LOL Seriously I don't know who got destroyed worse, the klaxosaurs or Ichigo lol. I mean she never stood a chance in the beginning but this episode really showed how it was never even a choice against the awesomeness and cuteness of Zero two lol. Nothing Ichigo could do can compete with that.
[...]

Anyway, Glad Ichigo is finally gonna move on and maybe give Goro a chance (Though he deserves better than her, he's an awesome person and friend and the real MVP this episode).
Anyway so glad Hiro and Zero Two are back together with everything finally aired out. This series really reminds me a lot of Eureka seven where its love between two different races and they need each other to pilot and what not. And how one is gaining acceptance of being different and the other is gaining some balls lol.
Now we can move on to learning about this messed up world cause i got a feeling that things are more corrupted and messed up than they seem.

Well you could kinda see that Hiro had to be with her, since he can't be the DARLING without being in that one specific FRANXX, with a certain someone.
I wouldn't compare Eureka Seven that much to this show. While the main theme and characterizations may be similar the overall setting is different. Random, or whatever he was called, was in love from the get go and she didn't knew what that meant and here it's a bit flipped, turned upside down.

But I agree that now after the fandom shot it's goo we can finally go into the worldbuilding, which was lacking a lot.

But we should also consider calling Goro GoBro, because that's his character now.

Aug 2014
the most cringy episode so far tbh. it was good tho but the ending was so cringy it was uncomfortable to watch.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character

Jul 2017
I was worried last week when I thought we wouldn't be seeing Zero Two again for a while. I'm 100% satisfied with how everything turned out this episode.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Apr 21, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2017

Anyone else realise that the NINE's had reversed positions in their franXXs (what Ami saying, it was obvious to see)

It was inevitable that there was going to be some deaths, considering the intensity of this battle; pity it wasn't anything higher profile 'cause that would've had a better effect on the story.

Other than that, I liked how this episode had their focus on the other pilots and we got to see them perform instead... But Strelizia still had her time under the spotlight. And she's changed her colour (you know what, it there another evolution it should be black with red highlights -keeping to the theme that Strelizia is taking a darker colour each time)

However, this episode couldn't help itself but be kinda cringy:
You had the speech
The fight
The motivational headbutt
The reunion
And the...
We can do anything together.

But I'm still lovin' the series
Ooh, that hand though. The climax is will climaxing... It's gonna get more intense next episode

P.S.
Strangest feeling that is that I feel Goro's gonna die
he's always like "ima save all yo' a**es, 'cause that jus' what I do"
tidoesstuffApr 21, 2018 11:40 AM
Apr 21, 2018 11:33 AM
Apr 2018
Goro ain't even close to be the mvp, real mvp are squad 26.
Apr 21, 2018 11:35 AM

Mar 2017
This episode was a weird viewing experience. Some problems got fixed, while some more got introduced.

Action was fine, getting a little tired of Streliza oneshotting all the big bads. (although I doubt that will happen for the upcoming fight) This show has a big tendency to fly super hard death flags and then have everyone walk out fine. Maybe it'll use this in some surprising way later, who knows? The part where Ichigo takes Hiro to Zero Two was pretty good though.

As for Ichigo, I honestly don't understand what the past couple of episodes were for now. Her writing over these past two episodes was super weird. I was interested in them maybe tooling her into a possible emotional abuser with the last episode, but now suddenly she's back to tolerating Zero Two again? Guess that character development has been reversed.

To be honest, I would have enjoyed this episode a lot more if episode 14 wasn't a thing. Having Zero Two being immediately shipped out while Hiro was still unconscious would have trimmed a lot of unnecessary fat. Too much drama and personal conflict was established last episode that was immediately pushed aside and forgotten. It also would have made Ichigo's decision to help Hiro get to Zero Two a lot less confusing. Zero Two's self loathing state in this episode could have just as easily been triggered by her trying to kill Hiro as being called a monster by him.

On a positive note, Goro remains one of the best characters in the show. Really hope he gets a happy ending. Also really appreciated the decision to have this separation arc not take too long. We already had that several episode long stretch in the beginning of "will he be able to ride with her or not" so I'm glad they didn't just regurgitate that like I was afraid they would.

I guess it's time for everyone to say "this is where the real show begins ."

...for like the fifth time.
_ghostCandleApr 21, 2018 11:45 AM
Apr 21, 2018 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
The council talking in the ending scene sounded eerily similar to The Chamber of Guf opening in End of Evangelion
Apr 21, 2018 11:36 AM
Jun 2017
cupc said:

pretty much justified.

As a summary and TO PLEASE ZERO TWO X HIRO SHIPPER, this episode is too fast, well then the rest 9 episodes would be trying to get Zero Two be human

EDIT: oh yeah, The Strawberry War is over everyone, be grateful
Apr 21, 2018 11:38 AM
Feb 2014
Okay, no, that's it... I've been a massive fan of this series since the very first episide... but the last couple episodes were just shit... pure shit. Okay, there were some sparkles in the episode here, but sparkles on shit is still pretty shit...

The two things everyone is loving here are the action and the reunion. No complaints about the action, but the reunion was terrible. It felt rushed and predictable and super super awkward.

And it was all because of the previous episode.

Nothing, literally nothing, in the previous episode was of any positive consequence to today's episode. All it did was force us to endure 10 minutes of drama and cringey artsy words on screens thoughts that felt really cheap being use in this episode's context, when it could've focussed more on the cool actions and revelations that occurred.

For example, more details about what Papa and co. were aiming for, the baby like core, extended fighting scenes, a better revelation with the gigantic hand, and I dunno, other better, cooler stuff.

I still love this show, but sometimes it pisses me off.
Duri1nApr 21, 2018 11:44 AM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 2018
caio_ken said:
People calling Ichigo a bitch or Bitchigo and still hating her are complete retards. It's like those people don't watch the episode when it obvious showed that she finally overcome her flaws both as a person, lover and leader in the end. It was clear that she was worried about Zero Two situation and Goro even points out. Then she see Hiro's memories and she accepts, just like Goro did in the last episode, that she wants them to be happy with each other which she says in the end. It's a fucking resolution for her character that showed during the entire series and people are still in that stupid thing. Ridiculous.

That's essentially what I was thinking myself.

And I like Zero Two as much as the next person but then again I believe both were at fault, but this turned into a resolve to both characters' end points.
Mar 2018
I feel like m9 from the nines had this shit all planned out he messed with ichigo so shed end up separating the two z2 and hiro knowing they would find their way back to each other and become even more stronger

Feb 2016
caio_ken said:

I disagree with your 'leader' part about Ichigo. I still like her, but if Goro was the leader, we would be having a beach party soon; no more papas, apes, klaxosaurs.

I was just worried about Goro there when he was left in the middle of battlefield.

So, the Apes is living in a flying fortress? I bet they will crash down by a middle finger of that klaxosaur.

Jan 2017
Tasel said:
Holy shit, this episode was awesome.

Looks like the girls are on top of the guys in the 9s squad, that's hilarious.

Goro literally saving this anime every episode, best boy, best girl, best character, he gets all the titles, I swear to god if anything happens to him.

DitF has huge rewatchability with all those little details.

Goro's amazing, I agree. But I can't help but think they're gonna get rid of him
Apr 21, 2018 11:40 AM
Apr 2018
revyHOLiC said:
KingKatsura said:
so much better than Eva honestly
Eva is garbage compared to this.

Not even.

Both character development and plotline in Neon Genesis Evangelion still blows this show into the shitter.
XenoMalosApr 21, 2018 11:43 AM
Apr 21, 2018 11:41 AM

May 2013
really cute yeah yeah yeah BUT WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK WAS THAT GIANT HAND?!!
Apr 21, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2017
Why is everyone ignoring how 02 knew who Hiro was all along? Or maybe they are just blind and don't want to see.
Apr 21, 2018 11:47 AM
May 2016
Good Job Goro like a real Bro
Apr 21, 2018 11:49 AM
Jul 2016
I see there's more 5/5 in this episode's poll :D
What a reunion, it was coming. You can see it Hiro and 02 were going to get back together, the Beast and the Prince.

I feel like Doctor Franxx where he's like I need get a front row seat to this show xD
Apr 21, 2018 11:50 AM
Apr 2018
All I want to say is meep
Apr 21, 2018 11:52 AM
Mar 2018
Mark my words. APEs are going to sacrifice 02 with this Hringhorni shit.
Apr 21, 2018 11:55 AM

Apr 2012
@tambi33 Well, to be honest, the girls in their squad are really enough androgynous. Although people who think that they are homosexual squad are still funny.
Apr 21, 2018 11:56 AM
Oct 2017
Death flags in this ep. Lel
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

232 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

283 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

357 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

344 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

317 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.