MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» H2O: Footprints in the Sand »» H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

191 56.01%
4 out of 5: Liked it

72 21.11%
3 out of 5: It was OK

37 10.85%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

24 7.04%
1 out of 5: Hated it

17 4.99%
Voters: 341

09-01-08, 10:46 PM

iwashere said:
Nezon said:
My interperation:
- Hayami was tired of the Hirose fag, and decided to end her life bringing an innocent child with her + a soccor ball.
- The reason why Takuma was never able to see because he didn't open his eyes, until Hayami left him for some innocent little boy with a ball. Seeing how he was betrayed by the fact he got pwned by a elementary kid he decided to open his eyes, only to see some train smash into her. For that reason he was so shock he can't close his eyes eg, O___________O
- Thus a few years later he got his eye sight, because he was never bothered to open his eyes.
- Hayami coming back to life? No, she was never dead in the first place, at the last moment she did some ninja shit and managed to escape..with the boy.

To be honest, this show is very misleading, that Hamaji girl isnt actually a girl, like wtf.. I actually thought sh...he was hot.. wtf..

Overall this show is just wayyy to weird, the ending didnt make sense, well the whole series didn;t make sense, and a guy that looks like a girl? WHAT THE HELL.

So I give you my rating, 10/10. 6/10

hehe so does that make you gay?

it makes him a victim of the anime industry.

the baby is maki and hamaji's. if you blend their two hair colors you get the baby's hair.

all in all i iked the series. 9/10

09-09-08, 8:34 AM

I actually thought this was one of the best last episodes I've ever seen. And I'm pretty sure Hayami was just a spirit.

09-20-08, 5:00 PM

Just finished this series for two day marathon. One of the greatest endings in a series i have seen by far. It was sad then yet right at the end they bring back Hayami and make it a happy ending.

And Hayami is NOT a spirit! If you noticed what Otoha said was that "it was hard to convince the spirit committee", and he should "watch over her properly this time" clearly means that she is truly real.

09-27-08, 12:17 PM

8/10 to all anime..

a nice final..

10-04-08, 5:33 PM

Beautiful ending, honestly..

10-09-08, 9:44 PM

Blargh. Wth.

I expected something better out of this...

I mean, Hayami stands in front of the train when she could have easily moved the last couple of feet off of the train tracks. Also, it seems that she stood holding the boy in front of the freaking train. Good job there; you not only managed to kill yourself, but the little kid as well.

Oh, and to make it have a happy ending we'll make it so that she's brought back to life. -.-

Show gets an overall 6/10 from me seeing as how there were a couple of parts that I liked, though I really should give it a 5/10. :|
Modified by WinterNightsFall, 10-09-08, 9:52 PM

Felli disapproves of this thread.

10-11-08, 10:52 PM

You can tell me crazy.. but i DO loved this anime... the whole series, i might say this was one of/or the best anime i've seen!
Hayami x Takuma FTW !! XD A beautiful and perfect ending. Overall 10/10

11-06-08, 2:26 PM

Honostly disliked the last few episodes, from the moment Hirose started loosing his memories, but this ending was just great, they probably couldn't have done it better in my opinion! ^^

11-11-08, 9:46 PM

Nezon said:
My interperation:
To be honest, this show is very misleading, that Hamaji girl isnt actually a girl, like wtf.. I actually thought sh...he was hot.. wtf..

Overall this show is just wayyy to weird, the ending didnt make sense, well the whole series didn;t make sense, and a guy that looks like a girl? WHAT THE HELL.

Actually, Episode 11 sets this straight. In reality, Takuma could not see. He only "saw" what he chose to. Take that reference to the beach photo, and the claim that Takuma didn't see anything when Hayami needed help with the shower.. He didn't "see" Hayami's breasts because he chose not to.
The same can be applied with Hamaji. Takuma chose not to see her... Rather, he just vizualized her as a male.

I really liked this series, despite its shortcomings. The ending was superb, and it even explained the analogy with "Footprints" for those who were still clueless :p

I intended to give it a 7/10, but after watching the last episode, I'm bumping it to an 8/10. I'm usually generous with my ratings anyway.

11-16-08, 3:31 AM

I have given it a temporary score of 7/10 while watching it. I don't like the style of plot even if it imposes a good one. The ending episodes made me raise it to an 8/10. Good and meaningful ending but still the plot and the characters - I don't like them.

11-17-08, 11:23 PM

All I have to say is: wtf. But I enjoyed it, so oh wells that ends wells.

whitewater_81 said:
oh yeah,WHY THE HELL WOULD ANY GUY BEAT UP GIRL?!?WHAT's EVEN WORSE IS THE GIRL IS THE GUY's GIRLFRIEND.AND HE "sincerely" LOVES HER.(refers to episode 11 when takuma beat the heck out of Kohinata)

Yeah, that bothered me too.

Tanuki said:
I'm not sure what you people have been watching either. I'm also not sure why nobody seems to understand the ending. It appeared to make perfect sense to me. Nonetheless...

I think a lot of peoples' problems with this show stem from two issues; that is:
a) they expected romance/drama, when that isn't ultimately the main focus (despite what it seems like from the beginning)
b) they haven't stopped to think about what's going on, because they stop at 'romance/drama' thought process-- people in it for the romance/drama won't appreciate the mindfuck, and people who would haven't started watching it because of its surface appearance

The romance is a part of it-- but it's not the focus. Rather, H2O is about the village, and importantly, Takuma himself. Putting aside his influence on everyone else... Hotaru and Hayami especially... The boy has a whole lot of mental issues, and that's the whole point of the last few eps.

In my opinion, Hayami hasn't come back to life. Otoha said it herself-- don't remember the exact quote, but something like organising it with the Spirit Council or whatever it was. Much like Otoha was only able to be percieved by Takuma... that is, she's dead, but able to "visit" him... that's the impression of what I got from Hayami. It wasn't a happy ending. If the show wanted to have a happy ending, Takuma and Hayami would have had some teary reunion type scene. It's bittersweet.

And as the poem says... in his worst times, he was carried by the Lord. I think in a sense that is the point of Hayami and Otoha. They are beside him now, now that he has gotten over his mental problems... while they carried him when he was dealing with them.

Well, perhaps I think too much into this, but I really enjoyed H2O. It was such an unexpected ending. If only it had the budget of something like True Tears, and people might've appreciated it some more. 9/10 from me

Otoha says "So this time watch over her properly". She wouldn't say that if she was actually dead now, would she?

Anyone here play the game and knows what's going on?

02-19-09, 9:50 AM

ive just watched this show out of boredom and it was unexpected better than i thought it would be. its not a masterpiece but its not trash either, its somewhat special. the ending is a bit rushed and maybe misleading too.

kizu said:

Otoha says "So this time watch over her properly". She wouldn't say that if she was actually dead now, would she?

i also think that way...
but i would have been burst out into tears, hugging and kissing her, thats what i feel missing in this ending!

i cant decide between 7 or 8, if the ending wouldnt have been so twisted and rushed, i would go with a 8 right from the start...

03-11-09, 10:55 AM

Predseln said:
i cant decide between 7 or 8, if the ending wouldnt have been so twisted and rushed, i would go with a 8 right from the start...

Same here. I eventually gave it a 7 since the ending was so random. I tend to like more sad endings than happy ones. I would of been better off if she hadn't appeared, but it was good nonetheless.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

03-15-09, 2:10 AM

DarkFenix said:
You can tell me crazy.. but i DO loved this anime... the whole series, i might say this was one of/or the best anime i've seen!

I love it too! do you know animes like it coz i watched it's user recommendations but i only liked myself yourself and air

03-15-09, 2:10 AM

DarkFenix said:

I love it too! do you know animes like it coz i watched it's user recommendations but i only liked myself yourself and air

03-18-09, 2:31 PM

chimmi95 said:
DarkFenix said:

well, i love it too.
i cried a lot in the end, when Hirose lost his memory, and this conversation between Hayami and Hotaru T____T"
so, at the end for me it was hard to say is Hayami dead or alive, or was it another Otoha illusion. Anyway i'm glad that it ended like this, this words about his mother, Hayami and this child and her diary And finally this windmill.
it was hard to convince the spirit committee ~it's really hard to interpretate, but I believe that Hayami is alive <3

9/10

03-28-09, 2:12 AM

I think the Hirose losing his memory part was quite stupid but they did a good job on ending the anime except the revival part. I must say that I hate endings with people dying and later on getting revived. Seriously, whats the point in that other trying to make it seem more dramatic and a "happy ending". Also the story didn't hint anything for the couple Hayami x Takuma in the earlier episodes other then Takuma coming to her aid which is what I found quite annoying (the couple part). In anime series they usually cast some kind of foreshadowing in the story.
Modified by KaitoDetective, 05-02-10, 12:05 AM

03-31-09, 9:27 AM

it was .. really sad .____. yet not o-o

04-07-09, 6:32 PM

Really liked this series.
Not all anime have a blind person in a realistic manner.

04-25-09, 2:07 AM

I liked the ending :P
I love it when shows are pretty normal and then all of a sudden everything gos to hell and you're not sure what's going on.
If she was going to be bought back to life, they should have explained it better though >_>

Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices