Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2018 3:20 PM

Jan 2015
oryouohagi said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:
Know what else can ruin lives? Drugs and alcohol. Imagine that.

And I'd rather have anime ruin my life than drug and alcohol, amiright?

A ruined life is a ruined life. No need to compare which one is worse, in my opinion.

Drugs and alcohol are definitely worse than watching anime, in my opinion. No comparison. Watching anime all the time can ruin your social life, work life and school like but doing drugs and drinking all the time can do more than that, it can actually do real harm to your body and kill you.
Jan 15, 2018 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
CreativeNam3 said:
But my escapism

Your message must contain <b>30</b> characters excluding BBCode, quotes, images, and spaces.

Hey, the kids in africa could have eaten those remaining characters, you fucking bourgeois
Jan 15, 2018 3:23 PM

Aug 2010
Ari_the_Lioness said:
oryouohagi said:

A ruined life is a ruined life. No need to compare which one is worse, in my opinion.

Drugs and alcohol are definitely worse than watching anime. No comparison. Watching anime all the time can ruin your social life, work life and school like but doing drugs and drinking all the time can do more than that, it can actually kill you.

The lack of a social life is the direct way to depression, and we know that never ends well (suicide).

I would even say that while drinking and doing drugs is generally your choice, not being able to socialize is beyond you.
Jan 15, 2018 3:28 PM

Jan 2015
oryouohagi said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:

Drugs and alcohol are definitely worse than watching anime. No comparison. Watching anime all the time can ruin your social life, work life and school like but doing drugs and drinking all the time can do more than that, it can actually kill you.

The lack of a social life is the direct way to depression, and we know that never ends well (suicide).

I would even say that while drinking and doing drugs is generally your choice, not being able to socialize is beyond you.

Uh, okay then. So you're saying that people choose to drink and do drugs but they aren't capable of going and having a social life because it's beyond them? Okay, then that makes no sense.

And this is obviously a shit post that I once again took seriously. This is why I don't like the MAL forums sometimes. I"m going to go watch anime and hope it doesn't ruin my life. LOL
ArillionJan 15, 2018 3:31 PM
Jan 15, 2018 3:31 PM

Jul 2017
Ari_the_Lioness said:
oryouohagi said:

Uh, okay then. So you're saying that people choose to drink and do drugs but they aren't capable of going and having a social life because it's beyond them? Okay, then that makes no sense.

And this is obviously a shit post that I once again took seriously. This is why I don't like the MAL forums sometimes.

In general you are capable of choosing wether or not you drink or do drugs. Most people have control over that unless you're on some hardcore shit. Fixing a completely fucked social life to someone with little to no social skills is incredibly difficult (but possible)
I will insert Yugioh into everything and you can't fucking stop me
Jan 15, 2018 3:32 PM

Oct 2016
It's not to late to repent brother, anime can bring you closer to the truth and give you the strength of three men, but you must KEEP working on it :)))))

Jan 15, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2010
@Ari_the_Lioness Yes, because when you were born with, say, a retarded body or some sort of autism, it's your fault for not going out to socialize?

And in my case, I have no such excuse, I was just brought up beyond the back of god, and have serious anxiety problems. My whole family takes medication (call it drugs) for anxiety, but I can't even bring myself to talk to a doctor about my problems.

Yeah, it's just a shitty sob story, but I don't think I had much of a say in this matter.
Jan 15, 2018 3:51 PM

Jan 2015
RavingRandy said:

In general you are capable of choosing wether or not you drink or do drugs. Most people have control over that unless you're on some hardcore shit. Fixing a completely fucked social life to someone with little to no social skills is incredibly difficult (but possible)

Fucked up kidney and liver from drinking and drugs or fucked up social life from watching anime all the time. Hmm, which one? Decisions, decision. You can always meet new people and form new relationships even if you fucked up your old ones. Yeah someone who has no social skills might struggle but people can overcome hardships. A social life is repairable, a liver is not unless you wait years for a new one.

But drugs and drinking is a choice not having social life because you're social awkward isn't. Right.......

Okay, I'm not going to continue this weird discussion, because I'm genuinely confused.
Jan 15, 2018 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
Just take a gun and shoot your PC, router, phone and the place's mobile antenna while you're at it.
Enjoy anxiety for 3-6 days, then rediscover life exists. Isn't so bad, but a lot more 3D than you remembered.
Oh wait, was the sky always that color, there's no banding/dithering and it's more than 10bit :o
Sep 25, 2018 4:57 AM
Dec 2016
Hey, I REALLYKNOW THAT FEEL, okay?

I felt like i was twisted in so many way because i was a real otaku who didnt watch any other medium and i didnt know how the world really works. I did so many things because i thought it was cute or funny or cool, when actually it was justvbad and weird. Fuck, i even believe harem can exist in real life if you are kind enough. Or like a bunch of friends. Or family

But, as much as i despise it nowm i knew it help me a lot back then when many things gone wrong (family, school problems) though it brought one too.

Well, i mean, whats wrong if we just want yo be loved? And be a good person?

The only sad thing is real life actually is even worse than any manga or anime i've ever seen
Sep 25, 2018 5:02 AM
Dec 2016
oryouohagi said:
@Ari_the_Lioness Yes, because when you were born with, say, a retarded body or some sort of autism, it's your fault for not going out to socialize?

And in my case, I have no such excuse, I was just brought up beyond the back of god, and have serious anxiety problems. My whole family takes medication (call it drugs) for anxiety, but I can't even bring myself to talk to a doctor about my problems.

Yeah, it's just a shitty sob story, but I don't think I had much of a say in this matter.

Well, i am lazy enough to quote someone who said this, but as far as i know, even mental disease was learnt. Well, maybe from your family, which is actually my case. But th etruth is the world is brigther and more beutiful out there, i mean outside my family, my friend even can be trusted more (well, i kinda hate to say it, but mama and dad was kina abusive)

But yeah, family sometimes sucks and break you more than the world, while for some maybe your family was dependable and loving more than the rest of the world. Each people is different.
And thats somtimes actually sucks because no one know your condition
Sep 25, 2018 5:22 AM

May 2017
watching anime doesn't destroy my life, bcoz....
anime -> meme -> social media -> life -> world
so, I watch anime can make me connect with the world
Sep 25, 2018 5:22 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
It ruined my outlook of real people and real goals lol. It saved me yet destroyed me.
Sep 25, 2018 5:31 AM

Apr 2018
I think anime made me a bit anti-social but I really don't think it's that bad.
Sep 25, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2017
Anime is love.

Anime is life.

I like manga and games too.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 25, 2018 6:46 AM

Aug 2016
My life never had any potential to begin with
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 25, 2018 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
I was already fucked in the head even before I permanently got into anime online lol.
Sep 25, 2018 8:12 AM

Feb 2018
Anime didn't really change me I was always an arrogant shithead but it probably amplified these aspects of my personality.
Sep 25, 2018 8:15 AM

Mar 2017
It's true, back then I was more interested in RL girls, now it changed a little bit when Rem showed up ... and a couple of Ecchi shows
Sep 25, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2018
Ryu1908 said:
My life never had any potential to begin with

Your avatar is Shinji, so that means that you have huge potential, you just haven't realized it yet.

OT: If you watch shit, yeah, your life is gonna suck, if you watch good stuff, (and occasionally a trashy, but enjoyable show - but only occasionally!), anime will save your life.
Sep 25, 2018 8:32 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah I know it from the first if watching Anime is just wasting my time. But you're threads is over when you put a youtube video.
Sep 25, 2018 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
Idk man, ever since I started anime my grades in school have actually improved, it might be due to the fact that anime is a good stress reliever.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Current MAL Top 10 Most Popular Anime ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - May 4

51 by Adnash »»
1 minute ago

» Which anime from this currend season has a scene where time stop?

Nelsolino - 1 hour ago

3 by Coaghim »»
6 minutes ago

» Which anime brings back memories of nostalgia for you?

Gashadokur0 - Today

22 by ad0rablegoat »»
6 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - May 5

98 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
19 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 4

90 by Rachiba »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.