Forum Settings
Forums
GE: Good Ending
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2010 4:04 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Seems to me that she not ready. And wow he got hit hard!
Mar 15, 2010 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
Damn..seems like the odd are against Utsumi T_T
Yuki really loves that Touru, and her cousin are overprotective..

Wow this is though, i'm sad when the mangaka wrote "...The lights of his hope is being extinguished by "the past".."

Utsumi looks cool when he take that responsible btw..he is getting my favor chapter by chapter, now Utsumi please just go out with someone easier? Eri maybe or that part time girl..lol
Mar 15, 2010 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Yep, seems like that Kurokawa isn't over Touru just yet. Especially from the last few pages. And Ryou needs to be FALCON PUNCH or something cause he's either overprotective, or super overprotective. He acts as if he owns Kurokawa or something.
Mar 15, 2010 5:32 PM

Oct 2008
So rejection in the end. Damn. But anyway, another great chapter, those first pages were so packed with emotions: uneasiness, fear, courage, pity, hope, denial, and one finishing, crushing all hopes blow... Just as I once wrote: a female mangaka doing a shounen romance was just the thing this genre needed! She is doing wonderful job, and if she will keep this up, this will easily become my favorite shounen romance.

Laevantein said:
Damn..seems like the odd are against Utsumi T_T
Yuki really loves that Touru, and her cousin are overprotective..

Wow this is though, i'm sad when the mangaka wrote "...The lights of his hope is being extinguished by "the past".."

Utsumi looks cool when he take that responsible btw..he is getting my favor chapter by chapter, now Utsumi please just go out with someone easier? Eri maybe or that part time girl..lol

I think the case is that Yuki got a lot of regrets after breaking up with Touru rather than left over feelings. Or even some fears, because he clearly betrayed her trust(if u remember one quick flashback when Touru was first mentioned), and now she can't bring herself to respond to Utsumi's feelings and she clearly confirmed that at the end of the chapter. And she's really good at avoiding the important things, she can always act like nothing happened...
Mar 15, 2010 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
^ Yes and because of her loves for Touru she still can't get over it and this makes her helping Utsumi to go out with Shou and it's working out fine when she accept the date from the guy who asked her out before, hmm i think what Khalid said is probably right, Yuki is not ready yet..tough job for Utsumi

The flashback really gave me a bitter after taste btw..
Mar 15, 2010 7:47 PM

Mar 2009
Well.. sooner or later I suppose Utsumi should be able to help her through it.

Good work to him for playing his cards right given that situation.
Mar 15, 2010 9:25 PM

Aug 2009
how many raws are out and why does it say volume 15 at the end?
Mar 15, 2010 9:41 PM

May 2009
Even with the "I'm sorry" I'm not completely convinced that she heard Utsumi and/or had rejected him. There was no elaboration or follow up and she acted completely normal with him the next morning. Just didn't feel right.

But regardless, Utsumi knows there's no room for him right now with Touru still having such a tight grip on her emotionally. Cue Shou and the burger joint co-worker...though Eri would really be the best of the bunch.

Anyway, Utsumi really took a shot from her cousin. Though I'd normally prefer a jaw-jarring punch in return, Utsumi's response was pretty awesome. What a damn considerate and respectable guy. As I see it, with both girls so far, it's come down to incredibly bad timing.
Mar 16, 2010 2:08 AM

Oct 2008
SoFarGone said:
how many raws are out and why does it say volume 15 at the end?
There are two more chapters to catch up, and the volume number is probably the number of magazine issues.
Mar 16, 2010 8:46 AM

Jul 2009
Shocking!

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Mar 16, 2010 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
Was kinda obvious he would be rejected but i think she will realise her feeling sooner or later i remember early in the manga she seemed in love with him but hadn't realised it even though her friend saw it or maybe she still to much attached to her ex-bf to fall in love with some1 else.
Mar 16, 2010 2:08 PM

Jun 2008
I think she already likes him and is concious of it however the issues of what happened in the past is getting in the way.
Mar 16, 2010 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
WHAT WAS SHE ABOUT TO SAY before changing her mind?!?!?!?!?!
gahhhhhh
Mar 16, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2008
voidbringer said:
gahhhhhh

She was about to say if it wasn't for the past she would be able to love again!!!

Its going to be harder for her to love again the second time around. He will not get with her until we find out what Toru did to her and then she has to cope with that. Then there will be a chance for our manga hero!!! I hope this manga goes on for at least 150 chapters!!!
Mar 16, 2010 3:46 PM

Oct 2008
Shiki1232 said:
voidbringer said:
gahhhhhh

She was about to say if it wasn't for the past she would be able to love again!!!

Its going to be harder for her to love again the second time around. He will not get with her until we find out what Toru did to her and then she has to cope with that. Then there will be a chance for our manga hero!!! I hope this manga goes on for at least 150 chapters!!!

I think she wanted to say even more, that she would be able to accept Utsumi's feelings on the spot. ;) 150? Nah, something around 80-100 would be perfect.
Mar 16, 2010 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
Oh well, at least it doesn't look like he's giving up completely. But I guess Shou's gonna pop up some time soon anyways.
Now if there's one thing that'd mess shit up severely, it'd be if Tohru was sorry about what he did. Even if he doesn't make a move on Yuki, just apologizing to her would be confusing as shit.

ArcticMech said:
Even with the "I'm sorry" I'm not completely convinced that she heard Utsumi and/or had rejected him. There was no elaboration or follow up and she acted completely normal with him the next morning. Just didn't feel right.
Come on, there's no way she didn't hear it. That'd be terrible writing. She's just trying to avoid hurting Utsumi. He'd go crazy if everything got awkward between them.
Mar 16, 2010 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
Mammoth said:
Oh well, at least it doesn't look like he's giving up completely. But I guess Shou's gonna pop up some time soon anyways.
Now if there's one thing that'd mess shit up severely, it'd be if Tohru was sorry about what he did. Even if he doesn't make a move on Yuki, just apologizing to her would be confusing as shit.

Yeah Shou gonna show her nose again sometime in a short time, the hint are her boyfriend going out with other girl, and if Tohru did apologize and Yuki forgive him, and she considering to started all over again...Utsumi should take a gun and shoot himself in his head, that will be a Good Ending..for Touru
Mar 16, 2010 7:26 PM

May 2009
Mammoth said:

ArcticMech said:
Come on, there's no way she didn't hear it. That'd be terrible writing. She's just trying to avoid hurting Utsumi. He'd go crazy if everything got awkward between them.

I don't think that particular scene was very well written to begin with, which is why it left me with a bit of doubt. Gun to my head, I'd agree with everyone else that he was rejected, but "no way" is too strong.
Mar 16, 2010 10:53 PM

May 2007
Mammoth said:
But I guess Shou's gonna pop up some time soon anyways.
Now if there's one thing that'd mess shit up severely, it'd be if Tohru was sorry about what he did.
These. Utsumi should go and find himself a new girlfriend (possibly a crush that he feels sorry for and starts dating her accordingly) and meanwhile Touru can go apologize to Yuki and who knows what'd happen. Add Shou as a love interest to Touru, with a climactic battle between Yuki and Shou going on somewhere near the end. Of course, when it happens, Touru can run off to Shou for some strange reason and Utsumi would get Yuki in the end.

OK, done daydreaming. Good chapter nonetheless. Was nice to see Yuki rejecting him yet still holding his hand. It'd be a shame to end things here.
Mar 16, 2010 11:19 PM

Aug 2007
Man, I don't recall ever getting this pumped over a shounen romance. This is good stuff.

IT'S NOT OVER UTSUMI, WOO HER UNTIL SHE HAS TO FALL FOR YOU BRO
Mar 17, 2010 8:39 PM

Oct 2007
This is a fantastic romance story. When you think something is going to happen it goes a completely different way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Mar 18, 2010 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
*pulls hair out*

@__@
Mar 22, 2010 5:55 PM

Jun 2009
Nice slap!! I love it

I would prefer Utsumi with some other girl, don't break the relationship between Kurokawa

Anyway, what's with this n*de cover for every page lol
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 23, 2010 3:48 AM
Apr 2009
Kurokawa definitely isn't over Touru, and she doesn't seem to like Utsumi at all, cause she didn't react the same. And the cousin is super overprotective. Sucks he got rejected and hit lol. Also anyone noticed the position his arm was in bed while they were holding? I tried it and its impossible lol.

I still wanna know what Touru did, I thought they raped and videotaped her, like shown in..Chap 8? But that is probably to extreme seeing how Touru replied.
Jan 5, 2011 12:07 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm... that was an interesting chapter... It certainly felt like a rejection... But it's completely true that it was a dead end, definite rejection... It did feel like a " Don't know hoe to reply back" reply more like a "Screw it! Get Lost!" Rejection, but her action make me wonder what she really thinks of Utsumi's feelings... Geeeez... why girls are so hard to understand sometimes >>

Well it didn't turn out as bad as I it it would first hand... It does fell kinda awkward but somehow there still some hope for utsumi x Yuki ship developing at some point of the manga... But that last scene of this chapter confirmed it for us... She still has feelings for that damned Touru... And she can't move on... yet... Well certainly Utsumi has the horribly hard mission to push back all those memories and experiences from the past to the chest of living.... But if he never gives up I'm pretty sure that he will succeed and they will live happy ever after forever xD

And that little cousin of hers is so annoyingly overprotective.... man can you just relax and realise that you're not doing any good to her! Oh heck... Please Utsumi kill him.. such a shame you're such a nice kind guy, even to jerks like him

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 9:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What an awkward reaction. It's better to address things directlly.
The cousin is a bastard.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2017 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
So I guess she rejected him because she doesn't want to get hurt again... and then the cousin felt like he need to protect her and becoming cringeworthy incestuous.

Jun 2, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2014
I don't know about the holding hands scene. For me it felt more like putting salt in the wounds. I think a straight rejection would've been better for him in the long term, although more painful for the time being.
What have really impressed until now is how the mangaka nails girls behavior regarding "nice" guys vs "bad" guys.
MannohJun 2, 2020 10:00 AM
May 17, 2021 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
I hate the jerk cousin

More topics from this board

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 86 Discussion

Explicitz - Jun 22, 2011

30 by Yanssen10 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:25 AM

» Most horrible mc?

Raizer007 - Jul 24, 2023

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Jul 24, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 146 Discussion

Sasake - Oct 19, 2012

27 by Raizer007 »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:31 PM

» one shot

Revolutionary10 - Apr 22, 2019

3 by spectre699 »»
Jan 5, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 100 Discussion

Explicitz - Oct 14, 2011

21 by For-MAL »»
Feb 17, 2022 7:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.