Forums

Signature Design Updated - Check It Out V2

New
Pages (134) « First ... « 115 116 [117] 118 119 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2011
Dripstylish said:

Alright so another try :O

I really love the colors! The only advice I would give you would be to establish a better focal. The effects are nice, but it ends up being a little bit distracting imo.
Aug 26, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
@Dripstylish: Well there are these black parts again. I could imagine with a bit more contrast and without the black it would look very, very beautiful. ^^

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Made a new sig again. More or less vertical this time o/ Let me know what ya think~

The text is half-assed, I know. Couldn't come up with anything fancy :( Overall I'm still very satisfied with it though.
IsalinaAug 26, 2014 2:00 PM
Aug 27, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2013
pretty good
Aug 27, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2010
@Isa why do I always see your vertical Sigs as DP's? ..really now xD

Beside the pure Awesomness of the whole thing, there is one thing I noticed. On the left side of her head it seems not as smooth as maybe her legs.. may be just me.. and was the sparkly spot on her fingers done on purpose? :P
The text.... yeaaaah~ not ya best one, but still far better then on the Roxas Sig =w=
LuziferAug 27, 2014 11:17 AM
Aug 27, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2009
Aug 27, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
@Luzi: My my, you always see things D: Thanks though. And last time I checked, Sheik was a guy, you see.. no breasts and all. And yeah, I know full well who Sheik really is!

Mattogen said:
I wanted to hear your opinion on my latest and greatest signature, I know I'm not really good at this but I'm trying to get better. I think it turned it quite good.

It's far from good, my friend. But everyone starts like that well some are already awesome when they start, so just keep practicing.
You need a focal and in your signature there are random things placed at random locations. No focal. Try to concentrate on your render (the girl in this case) and build your sig around it. Take note of colors and flow so you can add stuff that fits into the sig and matches your render.
Never place your text somewhere near the top or bottom, nor too far to the left or right and NEVER in a corner. It's probably best if you position your render close around the middle and the text near it.

I think the points you need the most practice are definitely the organization of your signatures and colors. Sure people can make colorful signatures with lots of different colors, but in your case it looks... excuse me, I won't say that out loud. It's better this way. *cough*

Anyway, you can do it o/
Aug 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Isa__ said:

It's far from good, my friend. But everyone starts like that well some are already awesome when they start, so just keep practicing.
You need a focal and in your signature there are random things placed at random locations. No focal. Try to concentrate on your render (the girl in this case) and build your sig around it. Take note of colors and flow so you can add stuff that fits into the sig and matches your render.
Never place your text somewhere near the top or bottom, nor too far to the left or right and NEVER in a corner. It's probably best if you position your render close around the middle and the text near it.

I think the points you need the most practice are definitely the organization of your signatures and colors. Sure people can make colorful signatures with lots of different colors, but in your case it looks... excuse me, I won't say that out loud. It's better this way. *cough*

Anyway, you can do it o/

Damn you're so harsh Isa.

I'm not saying that being realist is bad but I'd be pretty discouraged if someone replied like that to my first post. (I agree with everything you said tho)
Aug 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
I honestly don't think Isa is being harsh at all. It's all determined by the way the person views the comment. If one wants to be negative and think that all she said was "this is horrible, this looks ugly, I'm just going to criticize your work" then of course he/she will deem her comments harsh. She actually gives some solid advice regarding flow, focal, colors, and typography. I would much rather have someone give me this kind of advice than have someone just point out all the good parts of my signature and not letting me know what's wrong with it. In fact, I wish that I had someone tell me these things when I first started making graphics because I think it would have saved me a lot of time and effort trying to find my flaws myself.

That's just my opinion, though.
Aug 27, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
Insidious said:
I honestly don't think Isa is being harsh at all. It's all determined by the way the person views the comment. If one wants to be negative and think that all she said was "this is horrible, this looks ugly, I'm just going to criticize your work" then of course he/she will deem her comments harsh. She actually gives some solid advice regarding flow, focal, colors, and typography. I would much rather have someone give me this kind of advice than have someone just point out all the good parts of my signature and not letting me know what's wrong with it. In fact, I wish that I had someone tell me these things when I first started making graphics because I think it would have saved me a lot of time and effort trying to find my flaws myself.

That's just my opinion, though.
Yeah she gives very useful advices and that's what I said, but, as you said, people can view the same comment differently, and personally I think that's a little harsh.
Aug 27, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
Mattogen said:
Isa__ said:

Anyway, you can do it o/

Thanks for the advice, and for all the people saying Isa is harsh beinh harsh, if you actually say why you dislike it/give some tips for me to work on I see it as advice.
Here we go again, being misunderstood really sucks. Ok maybe it's just me, but for my standards that comment is harsh. And of course it's an advice, and I already said it damn, I didn't say that she just talked shit about the sig, once again, her advices are really useful n'stuff.

I wasn't hating I really like that she's realist, this turned out into an argument when it was just a (kinda)non-serious toned comment. (ok maybe I should have put like "hahaah" cause some people could think that it was serious and I was criticizing her -.-)
Aug 27, 2014 3:04 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Mattogen said:
I wanted to hear your opinion on my latest and greatest signature, I know I'm not really good at this but I'm trying to get better. I think it turned it quite good.

I think there is too much going on..
I mean we have an arch, the palm trees, some floating islands on the left hand side, a bright orange hue in the right corner.
Maybe it's because I prefer simpler signatures, but I think all of it is distracting.
The text itself doesn't match well either.
There is a purple strand coming from the bottom right... what is it? Took me a while to place it as part of her ponytail, I think you should remove it once it leaves the frame.
Consider trying to get the text to be part of the signature rather than being placed on top. Place some C4Ds or fractales above your text.
Aug 28, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2009
KuraiTomu said:
Mattogen said:
Thanks for the advice, and for all the people saying Isa is harsh beinh harsh, if you actually say why you dislike it/give some tips for me to work on I see it as advice.
Here we go again, being misunderstood really sucks. Ok maybe it's just me, but for my standards that comment is harsh. And of course it's an advice, and I already said it damn, I didn't say that she just talked shit about the sig, once again, her advices are really useful n'stuff.

I wasn't hating I really like that she's realist, this turned out into an argument when it was just a (kinda)non-serious toned comment. (ok maybe I should have put like "hahaah" cause some people could think that it was serious and I was criticizing her -.-)

I think you misunderstood something now. It's like Insidious says, it depends on how people view the comment. And it seems you tend to view comments negatively. To me it just looks like he wanted to reassure you that he isn't offended by it. That's all.
Concerning my post, I always give honest critique and if I don't like something or think it looks bad I at least try to not sound TOO harsh. Sure some people might take it the wrong way, but fortunately there are also those who take it serious and use the advice. Solely bashing something is always a waste of time, so I never do it.
Tbh though, how I critisize also depends a bit on my mood xD

Mind, I'm not critisizing you, I just wanted you to understand the comment in a more positive way.
Aug 28, 2014 6:05 AM

Mar 2010
Isa__ said:
@Luzi: My my, you always see things D: Thanks though. And last time I checked, Sheik was a guy, you see.. no breasts and all. And yeah, I know full well who Sheik really is!

xD I suppose it's to balance out my bad sight *cough* ..but wait.. Sheik is supposed to be guy?! w-w-what? I always thought he was a her even in the game and that the clan was only of females... ... ... ...my life was a lie orz
Aug 29, 2014 11:16 AM

Oct 2013
Mattogen said:
So ehh.... Tried something again. I'm really trying to get better at this so I'd really like some tips. This time I focused more on the coloring etc. but I still think there's too much going on. If I decrease the amount of sh*t going on it just doesn't look as good imo. And I don't really know what to do with the text so I'd like some tips on that too ;).

I'm not a big critic so I'm just gonna say this: Change the text. Really, that just ruins everything.
Aug 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
Mattogen said:
So ehh.... Tried something again.

Honestly, it's a pretty huge improvement from your previous one. I see you've got more of an idea of what you want to do in terms of colors and flow, and you've improved on your focal and text placement. Something to focus on would be to further blend your render so it doesn't just look "pasted" on there. Other than that, I'd say just keep practicing and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

EDIT: As for the text... I'd have to agree that it looks pretty bad. But that's okay! Most beginners struggle with text, in fact I'd venture to say that everyone still struggles with text from time to time. I can't really give you much advice regarding typography other than to practice and experiment while looking at what others are doing. Here's a couple text tutorials I have favorited on my deviantART. here and here
InsidiousAug 29, 2014 11:54 AM
Aug 29, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
Mattogen said:
KuraiTomu said:
I'm not a big critic so I'm just gonna say this: Change the text. Really, that just ruins everything.

I agree, the text is horrible. I just don't know how to make good looking texts on a signature.

It's a pretty big improvement, as Insidious says. I'll give you that. The text looks horrible, that's true.
Try this tutorial to improve your text work.
http://zenron.deviantart.com/art/Typography-for-Beginners-371897847

The colors are good, just try to blend things together better. You can do this with several adjustment layers like brightness/contrast for example. You will get a feel for colors eventually. At least that's how I think iit will be, cause you already make huge improvements.

It's also less chaotic, but it still could have more harmony. Try to get a flow and work with it.

I'm proud of you. *slaps your back real hard*
Aug 30, 2014 4:28 AM

Dec 2009
Mattogen said:

I hope this is a bit better, I'm quite satisfied with it now. Ready to move on to my next one.

The only thing significantly better is the text. Good work. For my taste it is a tad to bright, but definitely a huge improvement. You're satisfied with it now, so I'd move on and practice more. I look forward to your next work ^^
Sep 3, 2014 7:14 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Mattogen said:

Man I'm spamming this thread so much now.

Well, looking for some tips/opinions on this one.

As much as Red santa suits and winter are put together, it's something I dislike a lot.
It's the clash of red with the background.
You can remedy this with either adding more red to the background, maybe red fractals and such..
or what I would probably do
scrap a blue wintery background, do a red themed background with winter accents.
EDIT: OR A RED AND GREEN CAUSE RED AND GREEN IS CHRISTMAS

Render looks a bit too sharpened, but it isn't too much of a big deal.
and the text looks fine. I think more could be done, but since i too suck at text, idk what I would do.

I think this would be the best one you made though, if I weren't biased against Santa + Winter (These things never made much sense to me)
Sep 3, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
In my opinion you do not use lighting/blur/sharpen tool enough, but it might just be me as im a big abuser of those.~~

And adding a basic outline might help too~~
[center]
Sep 3, 2014 9:07 AM

Dec 2009
Finally updated my MAL signature orz.
Sep 3, 2014 6:46 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Ringabel was one of my least liked characters of Bravely Default
but you make him so sxccc

perfect signature with perfect text.
OH I SEE
THAT E IS PART OF HIS NAME
THERE IS A FADED RINGABEL
^Took me too long to figure this out.
Sep 5, 2014 7:40 AM

Dec 2009
@Zelot: WHY? D:
What exactly means sxccc? xD

Thanks, man o/ Don't feel bad, it's not very visible, I admit. ><

New signature. Something completely random which is rare for me.
Sep 5, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
Isa__ said:
@Zelot: WHY? D:
What exactly means sxccc? xD

Thanks, man o/ Don't feel bad, it's not very visible, I admit. ><

New signature. Something completely random which is rare for me.
sxccc = sexxxxyyyy? xD?

Looks amazing c:, and the "stay" text in aprticular, so beautiful TuT
Sep 6, 2014 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
@shuryukan: Oh,.. that's so obvious. Another proof I'm an idiot :'D And thank you ^^

Did another sig guess it's my good days atm. This time something I wanted to do for a long time but never found a good stock.

Original
Sep 6, 2014 1:14 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Isa__ said:
@shuryukan: Oh,.. that's so obvious. Another proof I'm an idiot :'D And thank you ^^

Did another sig guess it's my good days atm. This time something I wanted to do for a long time but never found a good stock.

Original

Awesome as usual, yes, sxc means sexy :)
Really enjoying your latest stuff! Love the color blue ^^

Been reading a bunch of shoujo and felt like my OTP needed a shoujo moment...

I also made one with a ripped paper effect, though I get this weird white border surrounding it...
The strange white border goes away when I add a rectangle behind it though..
so I did a white one to match the background of MAL (Assuming a user is using default..)

GIFs are weird to edit

EDIT:

I think this is the final product :)
ZelotSep 6, 2014 1:24 PM
Sep 7, 2014 7:36 PM

Oct 2013
Zelot said:

Been reading a bunch of shoujo and felt like my OTP needed a shoujo moment...

I also made one with a ripped paper effect, though I get this weird white border surrounding it...
The strange white border goes away when I add a rectangle behind it though..
so I did a white one to match the background of MAL (Assuming a user is using default..)

GIFs are weird to edit

EDIT:

I think this is the final product :)

In my opinion, the black vertical lines are a little weird.. It's like they don't belong there. Maybe if you make them grey it'll be better. The rest is good, I like the manga-style.

I made another one:
Sep 8, 2014 5:17 AM

May 2012
@KuraiTomu
Not the best place for the text imo. I also feel like you could have done something with the lighting to blend the signature together better.

@Zelot
Love the "doki doki" part. Nice job!

@Isa
Beautiful works as always, not much to say.

I've been lazing around for the past month or so, just playing league. Finally I got the motivation to do something. I wasn't sure whether to make it blue or maroon, so I did both and put them in a tag wall.

RyugenSep 8, 2014 5:45 AM
Sep 8, 2014 6:16 AM

Oct 2013
Ryugen said:
@KuraiTomu
Not the best place for the text imo. I also feel like you could have done something with the lighting to blend the signature together better.

@Zelot

@Isa

I've been lazing around for the past month or so, just playing league. Finally I got the motivation to do something. I wasn't sure whether to make it blue or maroon, so I did both and put them in a tag wall.

Is this version better?
Sep 8, 2014 7:12 AM

Dec 2009
@Ryugen: THank you. And nothing much to say to yours either. But I wouldn't have put that girl in the background of the tagwall. It makes it look unsettled. Too much going on. Nooo, it's not just a tagwall, it also has to look good, otherwise it ruins the tags it presents :x
Sep 8, 2014 9:10 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
@Ryuugen, thank you, the Doki Doki thing was weird to edit since it was my first time trying to make a good edited gif. I agree with Isa_ that the tag wall looks weird with the girl there..
The actual signatures look amazing though!
Love the blue one a lot, since blue is my favorite color.

@KuraiTomu
Do the black lines not make it look like manga cells?
Cause I was going for a manga strip that was ripped out.
On the newer version, the text still doesn't fit well..
Too far to the left.
Try to remember the rules of thirds when placing renders and text :)
(Though I sorta ignored it with my signature, text wise... I always end up looking for a loop hole when it comes to text)
Sep 8, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2013
Zelot said:
@Ryuugen, thank you, the Doki Doki thing was weird to edit since it was my first time trying to make a good edited gif. I agree with Isa_ that the tag wall looks weird with the girl there..
The actual signatures look amazing though!
Love the blue one a lot, since blue is my favorite color.

@KuraiTomu
Do the black lines not make it look like manga cells?
Cause I was going for a manga strip that was ripped out.
On the newer version, the text still doesn't fit well..
Too far to the left.
Try to remember the rules of thirds when placing renders and text :)
(Though I sorta ignored it with my signature, text wise... I always end up looking for a loop hole when it comes to text)
Yeah it looks like a manga but I was saying that they were too black, I'd prefer them grey, then again, personal tastes.
Sep 8, 2014 7:02 PM

May 2012
So much hate for my tagwall T_T
But yeah, I understand what you guys mean.

@KuraiTomu
I think reversing the render just ruined the flow. I also would have put the text next to his forearm. Again, you need to work on your lighting. I notice that you've been trying to go for a glossy feel with C4D signatures, which can be hard to pull off well. If you want some examples from someone who I think is good at that, try http://piritoo.deviantart.com.
Sep 9, 2014 6:31 AM

Oct 2013
Ryugen said:
So much hate for my tagwall T_T
But yeah, I understand what you guys mean.

@KuraiTomu
I think reversing the render just ruined the flow. I also would have put the text next to his forearm. Again, you need to work on your lighting. I notice that you've been trying to go for a glossy feel with C4D signatures, which can be hard to pull off well. If you want some examples from someone who I think is good at that, try http://piritoo.deviantart.com.
I think your tagwall is awesome, btw.

I have a doubt,
the render positioned this way kinda ruins the signature's flow, why is it better than v2?
Sep 9, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2012
It's because the arm is going in the direction of the C4Ds. Think of it as bracing for impact of a wave, being consumed by the C4D. I think the whole thing would work better if you moved the render up a little and cut off 35px or so off the bottom, though, but that might just be my opinion from what I'm used to.
Sep 9, 2014 7:27 AM

Oct 2013
Ryugen said:
It's because the arm is going in the direction of the C4Ds. Think of it as bracing for impact of a wave, being consumed by the C4D. I think the whole thing would work better if you moved the render up a little and cut off 35px or so off the bottom, though, but that might just be my opinion from what I'm used to.
ah I see now. Now I can't but later I'll try and do what you said, thanks.
Sep 9, 2014 8:19 AM

Feb 2011
Ryugen said:
@KuraiTomu

@Zelot

@Isa

I like maroon better personally. Which is weird, because blue is my favorite color. ;p Blue connotates sadness, but red makes me think of death/tragic romance/roses.

Updated my sig for the first time in like a year and a half... Not too great, might make another one today.
Sep 9, 2014 8:31 AM

Dec 2009
Made another one with an animal stock. I personally think my leopard sig was better, but.. feedback pwease~

Sep 9, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2011
Isa__ said:
Made another one with an animal stock. I personally think my leopard sig was better, but.. feedback pwease~

Perty. I like your leopard one better as well though.
Sep 9, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2013
Ryugen said:
Something like this?
Sep 9, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2012
KuraiTomu said:
Ryugen said:
Something like this?

Noooooo, don't put the text in the corner. I was talking about here:
Sep 9, 2014 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
Ryugen said:
KuraiTomu said:
Something like this?

Noooooo, don't put the text in the corner. I was talking about here:
Ooops.
Sep 10, 2014 4:45 AM

May 2012
Isa__ said:

The ripple looks weird.
Sep 11, 2014 1:06 AM

May 2012
Alright, I fixed my tagwall up. Tell me if it looks good now.

Sep 11, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2009
@Ryugen: You mean the circle?
And voncerning your tagwall, much better ^^
Sep 11, 2014 1:26 AM

May 2012
Yes, the circle. Or is that not water? I was under the impression he was lying down next to a puddle with a flower growing from it.
Sep 11, 2014 3:04 AM

May 2012
Ryugen I TOTALLY like the maroon version.Great job :)
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Sep 11, 2014 3:25 AM

Dec 2009
Ryugen said:
Yes, the circle. Or is that not water? I was under the impression he was lying down next to a puddle with a flower growing from it.

No it's.. well it's not SUPPOSED to be water. Anyone's free to interpret it as they like. It's not made to look realistic after all.
Sep 11, 2014 5:20 AM

Oct 2013
Isa__ said:
Ryugen said:

No it's.. well it's not SUPPOSED to be water. Anyone's free to interpret it as they like. It's not made to look realistic after all.
I thought that was water too.
Sep 12, 2014 7:59 AM
Jul 2013
Hey,I updated my signature,what do you think? (I'm a beginner in photoshop though)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2014 8:03 AM

Feb 2011
NaTaSo0 said:
Hey,I updated my signature,what do you think? (I'm a beginner in photoshop though)

Very nice for a beginner. :x

The left side looks like you made the pic black and white and then inverted it. I would've liked it better not inverted. Hard to make it out as it is. Also not a fan of the font.
Pages (134) « First ... « 115 116 [117] 118 119 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1010 by ekabu24 »»
9 hours ago

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

6 by Anituber69 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara (MegaHouse 1/6, 2007/2024)

MasterTasuke - May 4

1 by MasterTasuke »»
May 4, 3:10 PM

» "Molly Ringwald"

MeanMrMusician - May 3

0 by MeanMrMusician »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

366 by nin-tendo »»
May 3, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.