Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, the 2nd movie i've watched at my local theater that had a special event. Before the movie started they talked about the movie being made by Madhouse and it was an original movie. So i didn't have high expectations. It turned out to be your average SoL/Drama show but packed in a 90 min movie. It wasn't bad, just meh. The characters were amusing and likeable and the music was good especially the ending when they were all singing together.

7/10
Sep 25, 2017 6:34 PM

Jun 2010
I liked it very much though. Setting and plot were unique and refreshing. Though I agree the story is nothing special, I did cry near the end. I'm such an emotional person. XD
I loved the songs.
Oct 7, 2017 8:58 PM
May 2016
I thought it was really good. I certainly enjoyed a lot more than Fireworks.
Dec 8, 2017 9:09 AM
May 2016
What are the chances of this movie being licensed?
Feb 9, 2018 4:28 PM

Nov 2016
This movie was simply really fun and cute, I wasn't quite a fan of the drama, but ultimately I had a blast while watching this. The songs and the radio show the girls do are really cute.
Aug 8, 2018 9:42 AM

May 2012
I was expecting a bit of a different movie, but well I actually quite enjoyed this and the whole character relationships and development was actually very lovely to see.

The general feel of this anime was really lovely and touching even! Really enjoyed watching this movie I must say and the whole concept with those orbs was really fascinating, together with such a beautiful ending it sure was amazing I must say!

All in all a pretty solid movie.
Sep 17, 2018 6:21 AM

Mar 2016
That is one cozy little cafe.
Dec 29, 2018 4:38 PM

Dec 2016
just did not care too much for this movie
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 31, 2019 6:59 PM

Oct 2015
I see Nagisa has decided to pursue radio as her career and obviously lives in Tokyo. It was kinda inevitable that she will be headed that path, considering the passion she had for radio and the Kotodama. I wished they showed the time skip of the others also, especially Kaede, Shion and Yuu, how are they doing in their lives and what careers did they take! Also how did Yuu and Kaede go on with their rocky friendship?

I enjoyed this anime movie, but at first it was shit and typical. As it went on it became meaningful and emotional, building up the true story of the movie into good heights. Characters were alright though, pretty average but I didn't like Kaede who was just a plain jealous bitch and a mean shithead. The animation wasn't that perfect but I loved it nonetheless. The part where they sang for Shion's mother was emotional and my highlight of the movie. Everyone's kotodama reaching her made it more meaningful, and I also liked the song.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 2, 2019 7:56 AM

Sep 2018
Cute film, made well in graphics and with a style of drawing already seen in an anime that I liked. Excellent also the backgrounds, beautiful in color and meticulously designed. Too bad the only thing missing was the involvement, not that I'm not passionate about the story, but the emotional transport to the plot has not been total. Pleasant to follow, I was not bored while watching the film, but I think it's okay to spend some time on spring or summer days that are about to arrive.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Feb 6, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2017
Came back from Antarctica podcast the animation lol their designs reminds me of Sora Yori

Also that title, Your name and a silent voice fusion

6/10 nothing special
May 5, 2019 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
Really hopeful and positive anime with nice message, I enjoyed it a lot. The girls were kinda likeable and even though the story itself was bit simple, it still managed to grab my emotions.

Enoshima always has its charm and it showed it here too. Pretty relaxing to spend your evening by watching this movie.

7/10
Oct 9, 2019 4:40 AM

Oct 2017
Well wow this was a beautiful movie. Pretty relaxing with light drama and a happy ending. The songs and musics were beautiful and the characters were likeable too.

Enjoyed watching Nagisa, Shion, Kaede, Shizuku, Ayame and Otoha doing the radio broadcast and trying to reach Shion's mom. The song that all of them sang at the end was great and glad that everyones kotodama reached Shion's mom and she woke up.
MegamiRemOct 9, 2019 4:48 AM
May 13, 2020 5:25 AM
Oct 2010
Very peacefull and beautiful movie. I really enjoyed it and my heart healed after watch it.
Animation was well done, character desings are very cute, and it have a beautiful message (and I really agree that message).

But, to whose people who compare it with Kimi no namae and Koe no Katachi just for the tittle ... please just stop w is just so stupid www
I mean "Kimi no something " is sooooooo common tittle for doramas, novels, anime etc... Even before Kimi no na wa LOOOL

This movie DON'T aim to be another Kimi no Na Wa or Koe no Katachi, the story is so different.
Jul 4, 2021 1:36 AM

Feb 2019
The character designs were odd and I couldn't really get used to them by the end. Not saying they were bad, but maybe it just wasn't for me.

The story and characters were nothing special. I think they just lacked some more development. But the second half was much better than the first half.

However, that seems like one cozy cafe. Would love to go to such a cafe if it existed ^^

6/10. It's not as low as 6, but 7 is way too high for me, so a 6 will have to do.
Jun 1, 2022 5:39 AM
Jan 2020
Ruined by cheap ass melodrama.

Feb 25, 2023 11:11 PM

Nov 2013
Generally average story and characters. The interesting part was the radio station. Reminded me of the many pirate FM stations I rand since the 1960s.
Jul 4, 2023 11:38 PM
Feb 2021
DEAR GOD. THE CINGE IS LETHAL

More topics from this board

» Otoha's VA passed away December 2022 

masterjisamsu - Jan 1, 2023

0 by masterjisamsu »»
Jan 1, 2023 4:43 AM

» Kimi no Na Wa x Koe no Katachi = This?

VaasMontenegro - Jun 1, 2017

14 by Lairucrem »»
Feb 6, 2019 9:31 AM

» Blu ray? Theaters? Licensing?

NG_Chloe - Feb 11, 2018

1 by jeepracer98 »»
Mar 6, 2018 11:31 PM

» I feel uneasy about this...

Takamura-sama - Mar 25, 2017

3 by Helynlia »»
Jun 11, 2017 4:17 AM

» I want to deliver your voice...

esofdiamon - May 26, 2017

0 by esofdiamon »»
May 26, 2017 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.