Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2010 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is actually one if my favourite episodes^^ it's not always that you see Sesshoumaru not killing humans when they are attacking him, I think it's due to the fact that Rin is near the area :D To see Rin running towards Sesshoumaru direction shows a strong bond between them.
Aug 1, 2010 1:44 PM

Dec 2008
Lord Sesshoumaru is SO bad ass!
Jaken is just annoying.
May 5, 2011 12:00 PM

Mar 2008
This was good to check out for nostalgia. Have to say it was impressive how much restraint Sesshomaru showed in this. Could have easily blown away those idiots, but held back. I'm sure Rin being there kept him from displaying a bloodbath.

Plus just shows how events have really made Rin's views rather different from most. Humans took a lot from her while it was Sesshomaru who saved her life and let her come along. Can see how the monk would be confused, but Rin would never give up on this road.

Jaken needs to be careful. If he keeps losing Rin he won't live to see any Empires :).
Jan 21, 2012 6:07 AM
Dec 2010
I can't help, episodes with Rin and Sesshomaru are always so good.
As I said earlier, there should be spin-off anime called Sesshomaru! even if short one i'd still watch that.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 16, 2012 11:23 AM

Feb 2012
i always love seeing Sesshomaru and Rin episodes. so sweet.
Mar 20, 2013 6:13 PM

Sep 2010
I really really liked this episode. When Sesshomaru said "don't say such silly things" you could almost see him being pained by a second. He does care for Rin quite a lot...
Also, Inuyasha as a human!
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Jaken is just annoying.

Ah, I like Jaken, and i think Jaken cute.

Oh God, I love episodes Sesshomaru and Rin.
Apr 27, 2014 7:26 PM
Mar 2013
PatiRamos said:
Hannah_Ana said:
Jaken is just annoying.

Ah, I like Jaken, and i think Jaken cute.

Oh God, I love episodes Sesshomaru and Rin.
You like Jaken too?! High-five (^_^)/

Jaken makes a very good point about Rin not living long enough to be with Sesshomaru since her lifespan is short compared to demons.

forever777me said:
I really really liked this episode. When Sesshomaru said "don't say such silly things" you could almost see him being pained by a second. He does care for Rin quite a lot...
Also, Inuyasha as a human!
Same here I loved it as well.

_____

Rin: "Lord Sesshomaru. Will you remember me if I die?"

...pained silence

Sesshomaru: "Don't say such silly things"
_____

Aww, Sesshomaru is to cute sometimes <3
Jun 10, 2014 3:53 PM

Sep 2013
Those bastards didn't harm Sesshomaru-sama but agitated him, I LOVED seeing him angry as if he were to turn in to his other form, I'm glad Rin turned out OK (of course) and Jaken is hilarious as always :D

Was that a really faint smile on Sesshomaru-sama's face at the end? (^o^)

Sugoi! SUGOI!

Loved every minute of this episode!
Apr 3, 2015 11:53 PM

Nov 2014
Awww Sesshomaruuuuuu <3
So much restraint! He didn't want to kill all those guys because Rin was there! And at the end when he said "Don't say such silly things" was so amazing! And then I think he almost smiled! Omgeee T_T *fangirling* I love episodes like this!
Sep 22, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, Sesshoumaru sure changed over the course of the season. I didn't expected him to spare them. He rarely have a real reason to kill his opponents, but in this case, he was attacked, so it would just have been self-defence. Maybe he thought that these monks were useful, acting has a balance for the world.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 28, 2015 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
Perhaps it's because the monks didn't try to attack him directly, he thought their spells were not a problem and he could just walk past them. Anyway, a good ep for Rin. Sesshomaru had shown more feelings here than in the whole series before, I think. Somehow Rin had grown on him. She is a wonderful girl, realy.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 19, 2015 7:11 PM
Apr 2015
I am so going to miss this when it's over.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
Dec 15, 2015 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
This was a really heart-warming episode. We truly come to know that under Sesshomaru's guise of indifference is a small sense of compassion for Rin and even his bumbling servant, Jaken. He is like InuYasha in the fact that he is hesitant to show his full emotions but wise enough to know just what kind of words to use (i.e. "Do not say such silly things").

Maybe it is because Sesshomaru did not explain why he saved Rin and allowed her to follow him that we continue to be intrigued, confused, and curious at what exactly Sesshomaru is all about. However, in this episode, I got the meaning that there is no need to say unnecessary things. Sesshomaru cares for his companions and that is that.
May 1, 2016 6:26 PM
Apr 2016
The words of the monk still echos to me. Humans and demons cannot live together, yet Rin chose to continue to follow Sesshomaru because she trust him. Perhaps this is the biggest theme of this story. Note demon slayers kill only dangerous ones yet can live with the peaceful ones. Miroku always have one following not to mention the protagonist of the story. And then there was the relationship 50 years ago. It only works because of trust.
Jun 19, 2016 10:11 PM

Jun 2016
Aw aw oh my god Sesshomaru tugs at my heart strings ^-^ the way he cares for Rin is so adorable, definitely one of my favourite anime pairs. One of the best episodes by far <3 never die rin D:
Jul 3, 2016 4:07 PM
Apr 2016
Despite his face, I wonder if he ever tries?
Dec 31, 2016 4:02 AM

May 2013
Surprisingly good episode, Sesshomaru is a badass as always. He showed signs of his old demon I'll slay anyone in my way ways while not killing anyone. He really cares for Rin and for Jaken but to a lesser extent and he hates to show it lol. Those monks were very strong, I'll give them that. They gave Sessohmaru some trouble, plus the leader was an interesting character. All in all very good episode and I loved the ending. I think Sesshomaru is an anti-hero not a full hero or villain and it's great.

Jun 14, 2019 10:47 AM

Jun 2017
I don't care what anyone would say but.... I ship Rin and Sesshoumaru! I mean...10 years is nothing to a demon. He can wait. <3

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 28, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
Damn Sesshomaru remained unfazed by the monks attacks and even overpowered them and instilled fear in them, what a badass

I wonder if Rin will turn demon at some point, or that Sesshomaru is gonna have more human followers. The only thing I bet my money 100% on is that Rin would never leave his side.

Nov 9, 2020 7:38 AM

Dec 2007
though to be filler, it was really heart-warming episode.

jaken and his fantasies xD
Mar 27, 2021 1:22 AM

May 2016
Better than canon episodes
STUPID JAKEN HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO RIN...

Sesshomaru be like "Do as you please Rin" haha what a GOAT.
RaizelMar 27, 2021 1:27 AM
Jun 27, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2019
Rin is too precious and Sesshomaru is too badass. This is also a really good episode to show the bond between Rin and Sesshomaru.

Nov 4, 2021 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
Sesshomaru just did not give a single f*ck about those monks lol
Jul 23, 2022 3:33 PM
Jun 2020
I love rin. She's always nice and because of her influence, Sesshomaru had a great char. development. I love seeing the two of them interact.

Same as rin, I also want to stay with someone who keeps me safe than stay with someone who doesn't care about me.
Sep 17, 2022 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Those monks are the goddammed luckiest characters in the show. Sesshomaru-sama was in a patient mood.

Rin also had some really heartwarming lines in this one.

Dec 3, 2022 6:19 AM

Jan 2018
Filler episode, one focused on Sesshomaru no less. That was a fun watch.

Loved seeing human Inuyasha again. Kind of came unexpectedly. Sesshomaru almost went demon mode. IIRC he didn't fully transform into the demon form a single time after fighting Inuyasha inside their father's grave.

Loved the Rin focus. TBH I'm not a huge fan of the Buddhist monks in this show. But seeing them in a more antagonistic role was interesting.

The animation quality of the series has come a long way since the staff went digital. I remember some of the early digital episodes looking rough. Though it doesn't compare to the beauty of the hand-drawn animation used in prior episodes. I'm surprised this filler episode looks so good. This has to be something that the staff wanted to make rather than something made to fill the gap while the main team was busy working on a movie or something. The next episode seems to be the same deal.
Jul 16, 2023 3:26 AM

Jun 2020
Those monks actually managed to irritate Sesshomaru. That was unexpected.

But other than that, this episode does a good job at highlighting the bond that Rin and Sesshomaru have despite being a filler. I liked it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.