Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2010 3:34 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OMG....OMGOMGOMFG!! Why did I not see that coming??? It's so easy!!! He's given us the clues from the very start. But, just as "Ryuzaki" was leading Misora along, NisiOisin's been leading us on, making us think we're on the right track, and bam!! This is the second NisiOisin book I've read(the other being Zaregoto vol. 1) and I am now addicted!!! He's an exceptional mystery writer, I'll have to give it a few more books before I can say it, but he may be the best of his time!! Wow, now to read the last page. Urahara Out!!
Apr 19, 2010 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
i really thought that RR was L not BB D: or was that revealed later than page (chapter) 6? this might be a spoiler lol :D well as i can see not alot of people read this so whatever :D first novel i ever read and i really enjoyed it :) though reading it from a book would have probably be much more satisfying than reading it from a computer screen :)
Feb 20, 2012 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
I knew that Rue Ryuzaki looked like L, any Death Note fan knows that, but it was obvious that L wasn't Rue Ryuzaki because at the first murder scene when she was on the phone with L, and Ryuzaki was hiding under the bed, she would've heard someone talking underneath the bed. But I still find it depressing that Beyond Birthday attempted suicide. :(
Jan 8, 2013 1:39 AM

Nov 2010
Snax-chan said:
but it was obvious that L wasn't Rue Ryuzaki because at the first murder scene when she was on the phone with L, and Ryuzaki was hiding under the bed, she would've heard someone talking underneath the bed

I noticed that too but I thought it was something the author overlooked or that L might be typing the words on a cellphone then spoken by a synthesizer. I also assumed he was L because Mello narrates that it was special since this is where he introduces himself as Ryuuzaki (I thought it was when Ryuuzaki came from the bed, but Mello was actually referring to the ending ._.)
There's one thing that bothers be though, if BB attempted to confuse L with the last murder, what about the person who originally stayed at the condo at room 404? Wouldn't his existence be very weird since he was originally the supposed target for murder but another BB dies in his place? I think this would certainly ring a bell for L.
RadiGenJan 8, 2013 1:43 AM
Jan 30, 2013 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
What? I mean.........what? How? My ming has been blown. Can't wait to read the last chapter to hear the explanation for this. She started off just thinking about the placement of the dolls. How did that lead to her figuring out who Ryuzaki really was?
Jun 10, 2014 7:32 AM
Nov 2010
RadiGen said:

I don't think L could figure out B's ability. He was even amazed with it in the anime.
Oct 17, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
My mind just got blown away...
Jan 16, 2016 6:35 AM

Jun 2010
The whole book is awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2019 10:50 PM

May 2016
If Rue Ryuzaki's true identity really was Beyond Birthday, I can understand why there'd never be an anime adaptation of this since we already knew what L looked like very early on in the main anime. That last line floored me as it abruptly cleared up all the confusion it had created just a few moments ago!

Considering that B's fully intends to surpass L, it wasn't impossible that he'd act just like the real Detective of the Century and more. No wonder those crime scenes had impossibly specific puzzles only the perpetrator would be able to have the first clue about what it's about.

I was wondering about how he heard about the capoiera bit he told L but I realized that BB had experienced her skills first hand immediately after I started typing~

Aug 27, 2021 4:54 PM

Jan 2021
I don’t understand, why was he on fire ? Did he try to kill himself ? If yes, why ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 21, 2022

4 by XxshigurimaxX »»
Jan 10, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Death Note Another Note: Los Angeles BB Renzoku Satsujin Jiken Chapter 2 Discussion

Leigh39 - Jul 16, 2017

3 by -primrose »»
Jun 25, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases Chapter 7 Discussion

Hoshino_Maria - Jun 13, 2014

8 by ohnewnew »»
Aug 28, 2021 6:28 AM

» Death note novel order

ewdisgusting - Jul 28, 2021

9 by ewdisgusting »»
Jul 29, 2021 2:20 AM

Poll: » Death Note Another Note: Los Angeles BB Renzoku Satsujin Jiken Chapter 3 Discussion

Kajo_Senpai69 - Sep 2, 2019

1 by User-Name »»
May 31, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.