Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 12:53 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Powers transferred to Natsu, a last minute ice ship while Erza and Mira buy time, and Fairy Sphere activated! Will it be enough??? Probably with just 2 chapters left! XD
animefan8800Jul 7, 2017 1:00 AM
Jul 7, 2017 2:06 AM

Dec 2013
The random backstory was incredibly half assed.
Jul 7, 2017 2:14 AM

Sep 2013
3/5

I called it. Not sure if I said it on here before but I definitely knew it was going to end this way. Natsu is going to use everyone's powers to beat Acnologia. To be honest, I'm not too happy about it but I'm not mad either. It was clever for them to create a ship out of Ice Magic as well.

I'm more so excited that a dragon slayer is finally going to kill a dragon. What better dragon to kill than the Dragon King? I just wish this fight was longer though. I also found it sweet that Carla invited Cheria to hold hands.

I'd pay to see a more in depth Acnologia backstory. Maybe a spin-off in the future up to the point he becomes a dragon. He's definitely my favorite villain of this series and one of my favorite characters overall. That would be cool to just see his evolution from whatever he was to who he is today.

2 more chapters to go. Despite my disdain of how this arc has been written, I'm still not ready to say goodbye to something that's been part of my life since 2009. The end is near.

Jul 7, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2009
thats a great chapter for me ye i know i got shit taste lol

Natsu power upping by getting all the other dragon slayers power

and wow Erza is like Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night there throwing unlimited swords at Acnologia

and then Lucy casting the Fairy Sphere

next chapter is the climax and usually climax means end in the manga term right? so Acnologia will be defeated next chapter then last 2 chapters will be some sort of aftermath story already
Jul 7, 2017 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's definitely going to work and Acnologia will be destroyed. I'd be surprised if he wouldn't next chapter.

Jul 7, 2017 7:12 AM

Jan 2016
Yes finally I enjoyed a chapter of fairy tail. For anyone who's not sure about Acnologias backstory, it was shown in the Dragon Cry movie. I know it's half-assed but it's at least something.

Lucy was awesome and I liked the whole thing and how it came down to Haregon again, I'm not sure how gray and lyons I've ship did not shat shatter when Acnologia fell on it but oh well.

Decent chapter

TehSnawn said:

2 more chapters to go. Despite my disdain of how this arc has been written, I'm still not ready to say goodbye to something that's been part of my life since 2009. The end is near.

This is also how I feel, despite Fairy Tail being shit these past 2 years it wasn't always like this! It used to be a good
battle shounen that was awesome to watch! I'll never forget that
FireFistYKJul 7, 2017 7:17 AM
Jul 7, 2017 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
Called it

Not a bad chapter really 3/5
Jul 7, 2017 8:47 AM
Apr 2016
I think its because my expectations of Fairy Tail is really low that I was able to somehow enjoy this chapter lol. As I guessed Acnologia has the typical reason for a villain, and it wasn't even mentioned properly. This seems so forced in my opinion. It seems like Acnologia will go down next chapter, which is very disappointing considering the amount of hype he had. The same old friendship method wins again ;_; I found the reaction of Acnologia really funny when the attacks that he used on Natsu didn't work lmao. It shows that Acnologia is not something huge, but rather just another typical shounen villIain. What a disappointment. Oh well, 4/5 for some random reason. I don't care.
Jul 7, 2017 9:12 AM

Sep 2013
There are bad and good dragons just like humans, power transfer to natsu and an ice ship build.
Jul 7, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2015
4/5
Pretty much liked it.. And the power of bonds still powerful and even get more powerful at the last minute (lol) XD

For people that confused about Acnologia's flashback, it's not fully explained but it was mentioned in the second movie Dragon Cry, and that girl unfortunately is one of the key character.

And even though the chance are slim, I really want Lucy to have come backlash from using that spell.. So it would be more meaningful Haha...

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jul 7, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
OTOU-SAN, GOKU-SAN, LEND ME YOUR ENERGY!

Trunks/10 chapter
Jul 7, 2017 2:10 PM
May 2016
I know it the dragon slayer would transfer their power to natsu!! I called it.
Jul 7, 2017 2:19 PM

Sep 2013
@FireFistYamaan

Ah, I never got to watch that movie because it wasn't available in my area. Thanks Idaho for being so boring.

But yeah, I love Fairy Tail and still do. Just not as much as I use to since this arc started. At first I was super hyped but things happen and here we are. I guess we can just remember the good old times.

Jeez, I feel like a geezer saying that.

Jul 7, 2017 6:26 PM

Jan 2009
ichii_1 said:
There are bad and good dragons just like humans

that logic really reminds me of the Gray Jedi, we should lessen black and white thinking since Natsu said so
Jul 7, 2017 7:06 PM
Sep 2012
Well it was what I expected. I don't like them giving Acnologia a sob story at the end, come on, no.

So Acnologia he is about to go down, we can't deny that. And the way they build up Acnologia, there is no satisfactory way for him to go down, Hiro created a hole he can't get out of, he over powers his villains way too much.

So I am guessing that little girl is someone important to Acnologia, little sister / childhood friend, I don't think we will ever find out.

I am puzzled why Chelia of all characters gets a little bit of a spotlight here. Did she just get her magic powers back? I bet that happened.

So Fairy Spare, next chapter the battle will be over, and I am sure everyone will rage.
Jul 7, 2017 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
All the power given to Natsu. 2 chapters left.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 7, 2017 8:20 PM

Mar 2015
i don't remember acnologia flashback!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 7, 2017 8:49 PM

Oct 2015
Kuma said:
i don't remember acnologia flashback!

apperently it was shown in dragon cry movie

welp, so is there 2 or 3 chapters left ? idk anymore
if they plan on doing only 1 chapter for epilouge tho, -.- smh

-natsu being hypocritical with his preaching as usual
real dragons are noble and kind, except for you and the bad ones, :ok_hand:
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jul 8, 2017 2:10 AM

Dec 2015
AHAHAHAHAHA omg that was so bad HAHAHAHA and predictable as fuck.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 8, 2017 3:58 AM

Nov 2015
What a terrible chapter.

Fucking plotsu is going to solo acnologia with 7 DS asspull.
and Acno's attack did nothing to plotsu. pathetic.

well atleast lucy did something other than cry. SURPRISING.
Jul 8, 2017 4:57 AM

Oct 2015
This was way too predictable. The union of the 7 dragon slayers' power was everyone's first guess. That speech about bad humans and bad dragons didn't make much sense. Natsu used to be a really likeable character for me, but in the last 10 chapters, or so, everytime he opened his mouth, I started hating him more and more for his nakama-talks.

I finished Bleach manga yesterday, and I understand how people might have felt it was rushed, and left lots of plotholes, but it was still much better. The villains had creative powers, and I found them interesting, and most characters had some sort of role, and they made it interesting.
What we have here, in the Fairy Tail, is villains shown as extremely strong people, then they commit suicide for dumb reasons, and their backstories don't make any sense. August literally had no role other than being extremely strong, seeing his mom Mavis, then dying, and afterwards had absolutely no role, although he was supposed to be two very important character's kid.

The only surprising thing about this chapter was the ice ship. I did not expect that. At least we had that.

Luckily we only have 2 or 3 chapters left. I honestly wish writers could just give their work to someone else, when they get bored of it, with all of their ideas, sketches. That way at least someone who still feel enthusiastic about writing could provide us a good ending, not this half-assed thing. It's clear Hiro doesn't care anymore at all.
Jul 8, 2017 6:12 AM

Jun 2014
To quote myself from a couple of previous chapter forums:

Chapter 540:
Acnologia is going to be kicking all their asses and all hope will seem lost, but then, like someone else already mentioned, Natsu is going to receive all of the other Slayers' power and defeat Acnologia because friendship.

Chapter 542:
Based on the title of the next chapter, I have a bad feeling that we're gonna see some nakama shit soon. Probably something along the lines of "holding hands and linking our hearts will activate Fairy Sphere and help us somehow overcome this seemingly hopeless situation."

Come on Hiro, at least make an effort to prove me wrong. I like being right as much as the next guy, but here's a time where I wouldn't have minded being wrong. This chapter played out exactly as I expected it to, and of course, even to the very end, the final villain who was so hyped is going to be defeated by the unbeatable nakama power (and this time, it's literally nakama power).

Also, idk why I never pointed this out sooner, but it's ridiculous how Erza got all her bones shattered like 20 chapters ago but now she's able to move around just fine. I don't recall if there was a healing scene that I missed, but that's the prime example of "because she's Erza."
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 8, 2017 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

Also, idk why I never pointed this out sooner, but it's ridiculous how Erza got all her bones shattered like 20 chapters ago but now she's able to move around just fine. I don't recall if there was a healing scene that I missed, but that's the prime example of "because she's Erza."

You're wrong. one of her arms is not shattered. It's enough for fighting an enormous dragon, riiiiight?

But yeah, I pointed it out a few chapters ago, when she tried to swim through the ocean, and later ran a lot. Now that you mentioned it, I didn't even realize this chapter that she even fought Acknologia. In shounen I tend be ok with the fact that severe injuries are not so important, but when they literally tell the readers that every single bone in their bodies are shattered to pieces, then I'd prefer them to get fixed up somehow, or lay there helplessly, and not fighting an enormous dragon with dust-like bones.
Jul 8, 2017 7:48 AM
Mar 2012
I just noticed, this is pretty much the Broly fight isn't it..
Jul 8, 2017 8:26 AM
Jul 2017
Lolimancer said:
Can't believe no one is mentioning how hard Mashima is dropping the ball with dialogue here.
"all dragons are evil!"
"well it's really just your perspective..."

i guess it kinda like that scene in The Big Lebowski:

"I see you rolled your way into the semis. Deos mio, man. Seamus and me, we're gonna fuck you up. "

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man. " -------if Acnologia would have had that reply this chapter would go from a 2/5 to a 6/5
Jul 8, 2017 8:37 AM
Apr 2011
Ready that spirit bomb yo! Let's get this over with!

That was clearly a filler chapter.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 8, 2017 3:16 PM

Oct 2015
I'm no fan of this series as I've only ever watched the first 26 episodes of the anime and stopped when complaints of the manga started, however, I've been kept up to date due to the popularity of its bashing to the point I may as well be considered a follower. The saddest thing about this manga is how wasted it was. I remember 6 years ago how quickly it was catching on, the manga had buzz, Funimation was selling blu-rays like hotcakes, even the Dub was popular, and look at the state of it now. What a waste of an interesting fantasy setting, attractive character designs, abundance of whacky characters that everyone can find a fave in, pairings that would be so much better in a series with competent story-telling and characterisation, motherfucking dragons, and above all, a waste of a good fanbase rive with theorists, shippers, and fanart. This series got popular on a global level that many lesser known mangakas could only dream of, and Hiro Mashima goes and wastes it all. Since Tenrou this manga has suffered nothing but ridicule, and rightly so. It evolved from a fun series to a meme of abysmal trash and will forever be remembered only as such. I'm no fan of this series but as a fan of anime and manga and seeing the apparent wide-appeal this series had in the beginning, it's quite sad. It could have capitalized so much on Naruto's end. I guess its up to MHA then.
Jul 8, 2017 3:46 PM
May 2016
Actually, there is a video on youtube that's barely watched but talks about Acnologia's past. It's like a fanfiction I've been reading recently. It's really good in my opinion, and so far, it seems to have pretty accurate.
The video is basically a headcanon that talks about what Acnologia had to go through in his past while growing up. How horrible those dragons were to him and his people (which is pretty much confirmed in this chapter.)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHNXKXltOYOD8cFuo3eZkjg - Video
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12245373/1/His-Backstory-Updated-Version - Fanfiction
Jul 8, 2017 3:59 PM
Sep 2016
I like how the incredibly half-assed attempt at giving Acnologia a backstory still manages to completely blow the fuck out Natsu's speech about how dragons are kind.

But you know, those weren't REAL dragons. Just like evil guys aren't really humans. Or something. Bah who gives a shit: TAKE MY POWER OF FRIENDSHIP NATSU! And take him down with the power of the seven flames!... That God Serena already had... Hum... Yeah... And Gray made a boat of ice on a sea of flames I guess... MAGIC! you know. Here's some more Erza fanservice or whatever. PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO MASHIMA-SENSEI NEXT MASTERPIECE GUISE
Jul 9, 2017 1:53 AM
Apr 2014
Lol, everything is played out like what most people could've predicted.

Jul 9, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2015
Where is Vegitto when you need him?!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 9, 2017 4:33 AM

Mar 2016
the 7 dragon power inside natsu,will it be enough to defeat Acnologia the dragon king?.and does lucy succes on the Fairy Sphere,and like 3 chapter remain?will that enough
Jul 9, 2017 7:24 AM

May 2013
damn the ending is near </3
made by bunnyama
Jul 9, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2009
A decent chapter this time.
Jul 9, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
I am kinda sad and glad that it is all coming to an end so beautifully
Jul 9, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2015
There's all kinds of dragons. There's dragons that max their nakama speech to 100. There's others which think their destruction magic is enough and get rekt... wait, what?

This doesn't make sense even on Elder Scrolls logic.
Jul 10, 2017 1:26 PM
Oct 2013
MoonStar9 said:
I'm no fan of this series as I've only ever watched the first 26 episodes of the anime and stopped when complaints of the manga started, however, I've been kept up to date due to the popularity of its bashing to the point I may as well be considered a follower. The saddest thing about this manga is how wasted it was. I remember 6 years ago how quickly it was catching on, the manga had buzz, Funimation was selling blu-rays like hotcakes, even the Dub was popular, and look at the state of it now. What a waste of an interesting fantasy setting, attractive character designs, abundance of whacky characters that everyone can find a fave in, pairings that would be so much better in a series with competent story-telling and characterisation, motherfucking dragons, and above all, a waste of a good fanbase rive with theorists, shippers, and fanart. This series got popular on a global level that many lesser known mangakas could only dream of, and Hiro Mashima goes and wastes it all. Since Tenrou this manga has suffered nothing but ridicule, and rightly so. It evolved from a fun series to a meme of abysmal trash and will forever be remembered only as such. I'm no fan of this series but as a fan of anime and manga and seeing the apparent wide-appeal this series had in the beginning, it's quite sad. It could have capitalized so much on Naruto's end. I guess its up to MHA then.

Summed up pretty much everything former fans hate about the series.
As far as MHA goes, it´s decent, but it´ll just remain a shadow of what Naruto used to be. It doesn´t have a long running Anime for consistent advertisement and the Manga sales while on the upper echelon don´t reach the same numbers, presumingly because of the oversaturation of the market and the lack of edge.
Just take a look at the top sellers behind the primordial King One Piece.
Attack on Titan, Kingdom & Tokyo Ghoul, The fact that they are Seinen doesn´t make them any less competetive. I´ve taken a look at all three of them, they are more bloody but the storytelling isn´t any less inept. "Shounenisms" are found left and right, that lead to faster growth rates compared to their peers.
If it was the 80´s they all just could´ve been released in Jump.

Fairy Tail was enough of it´s own thing, had big enough of an audience and an ongoing Anime. Had Mashima killed important characters at the time and showed his audience that his Manga was consequential he could have made it. He´d eaten up a big chunk of the audience that jumped to Taizai at the time.
Just by executing the mentor killing trope.
One Piece at the moment is like a huge tree that sucks up all the sunlight and nutrients in the surrounding soil preventing the hatchlings around it to reach it´s heights. It´s too old and big to be challenged.
MHA does too much alike and too much like Naruto, with a lack of blood. Depending on how the Anime of Black Clover will turn out it even could potentially take over and cause a stalemate for the current position of MHA.

IsterioJul 10, 2017 1:35 PM
Jul 11, 2017 11:46 AM
Dec 2011
Now this is awesome! I'm soo hyped for the last few chapters!! :)
Jul 12, 2017 7:41 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
lol? Remember God Serena of the Spriggan 12? He had the power of 8 Dragon Slayers and got one-shotted by Acnologia.

Natsu has 7 Dragon Slayer powers now, what is this some kind of parody?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 17, 2018 3:10 AM

Feb 2013
Predictable, Acnologia was a victim of dragons but that only explains why he hates dragons, why is he after humans?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.