Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What does this movie bring to the show apart from undermining its ending? o_O
And WHEN does the introduction take place?!

Enjoyment: 3/5

Score: 4/10 Useless, uninteresting, damaging the series conclusion.
Apr 27, 2019 6:25 PM

Mar 2010
A movie to skip, i guess.

I think the anime ended in an OK way, don't want to ruin it for myself. Thanks for mentioning.
Dec 18, 2019 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
Rei_III said:
What does this movie bring to the show apart from undermining its ending? o_O
And WHEN does the introduction take place?!

Enjoyment: 3/5

Score: 4/10 Useless, uninteresting, damaging the series conclusion.

Lylaaz said:
A movie to skip, i guess.

I think the anime ended in an OK way, don't want to ruin it for myself

Despite what both MAL and Wiki say, it's not a sequel, but an alternative version
Dec 20, 2019 1:32 AM

Mar 2010
Serhiyko said:

Despite what both MAL and Wiki say, it's not a sequel, but an alternative version

More the reason to skip it. Rather watch something else than a filler which is hard to require these days anyway.
Mar 11, 2022 4:25 AM

Jan 2018
At first I was excited thinking this movie takes place after the TV series ending but then it was made clear that was actually the point when Katsuhiko returns to America after briefly spending the summer with everyone almost halfway through the TV series. I should've taken this as a sign cos hoo boy this movie becomes a ride after this.

The timeline of this movie makes no sense. First in the prologue Kasumi says she's in highschool first year then suddenly it’s 3rd year for her. Idk if this was a translation error or whatever, most likely it wasn't. Pretty much every character including Kasumi herself act out of character because if this is her in 3rd year this movie takes place after the ending of the TV series. Changes are understandable because movies have to summarize or water down a lot of things to match the runtime but this wasn’t the movie's biggest sin. At the tail end of the movie after the cringey wedding scene it’s revealed that the entire movie after the prologue till the ending was just a movie rendering the entire movie pointless. I understand that making a story after the ending of the TV series would be challenging but... THIS is the best they could come up with? You gotta be shitting me. It’s like whoever wrote the script of this movie never worked on the TV series. Somehow this ending was worse than Touch movie 1 ending.

Even if I ignore the dream part it's still a bad movie. But I suppose it’s better than all the Touch movies which is a low bar tbh. I wish the budget for these cashgrabs were better used to fund their respective TV series' instead.

This movie could potentially be salvaged somehow. By making everything that happens up to the Dream Wedding scene actually canon. Keep the cringey Dream Wedding scene but make it TAKASUGI's dream (nightmare) and make him wake up sometime before the wedding at least. That way maybe he'd get serious and actually convince Kasumi to not get married to Katsuhiko-san. The movie would still suck because of all the out of character characters making continuity errors though which is something very difficult to fix. "The characters acted the way they did cos it was just how Kasumi perceived them up to that point!" is such lazy writing. The movie makes the worst attempt to tie everything up so instead it would've just been better to leave everything as they were instead of playing the "it was all a dream!" card.

It’s weird how Koutarou Ariyama sounds different probably cos of different seiyuu. They brought him back to play Nick Candy in the 2001 Touch special but not for this? Sounds sussy.

One good thing I can say about this movie is the Kimagure Orange Road OPs playing as insert songs. It wasn’t as crazy as seeing Touch in the KOR movie but it was still heartwarming. There were some scenes in the movie that I liked like when Kasumi tries to handstand in front of Takasugi. This movie would've been made for me if the two actually kissed on-screen. Of all the things they could've added why was this not considered? Huge missed opportunity. Instead we got the cringe wedding scene.

Watching this movie was a mistake. For 1 hour and 7 minutes there are worse things to do to waste your time but it kind of ruins the original Hiatari Ryoukou! ending on a high note. Even if you watch it to revisit Hiatari Ryoukou! it’s terrible because characters hardly behave as they do in the series. Very disappointing and not worth the watch.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.