Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2017 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
It took us almost 3 years but the Dancing Titan is FINALLY HERE!

I have a bunch of "anime only" friends who watches this with me and to see the shock on their faces was epic.

-Christ is Wife material
-Finally someone pats on Conny's near-bald head.
-I dubbed Reiner "Brock Lesnar" a few years ago and when he lifted that Titan up, I literally thought he was going for an F5.

4/5- The despair that we were so accustomed to from the previous series is finally back for the first time in the season. For me, I didn't feel the despair because I already knew what was gonna happen but the look on all my friend's faces were fantastic.

10/5- For the big reveal because I was holding that in for SO GOD DAMN LONG. I couldn't talk about it to my buddies up until today. Holding in a secret like that for 2+ years was frustrating. So happy to get this burden off my chest.

Now only a few more weeks until I get more off my chest ;)

Apr 22, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
I'm somewhat surprised that she's a titan but at the same time, I already have a feeling that she's also a titan.

Though... will the blonde chick die...?

Apr 22, 2017 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
ahhhh shit. first it was ymir reading what seemed like a unreadable language. and now shes transformed to protect her on and only friend.

the mystery deepens and cant wait till next weeks episode. titan vs titan battle income :)

Apr 22, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
I literally fucking felt chills run down my whole body after that confrontation between Reiner and Ymir. Her face. My goodness, absolutely terrifying.
This episode was overall brilliant with a few missteps in the dialogues, I felt that some sentences were spoken at a totally wrong time.
And if Ymir can read that language and Reiner knows about it too, then is he also a Titan? Not a manga reader here I definitely feel it could be the case.
RIP Nanaba and Gelgar, two highly skilled warriors lost. It was all a deliberate plan thought out by the Beast titan, I can't wait to see how the others stuck inside the tower get out from this precarious position, if they will, that is.
Apr 22, 2017 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
Even as a manga reader I could feel the tension in this episode. It's been like 4 years since I read this part so I didn't remember much.
The beast titan is a fucking troll letting them have some hope before crushing it all. Lol at that "got to marry her" part. It's nice to know at least someone has their priorities straight.
Apr 22, 2017 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
The pacing in this episode was finally on point. So glad we had Ymir & Reiner's convo.
And really looking forward to Ymir's badassery next week!!!
Apr 22, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
Nanaba! No! That was heart wrenching....

GO YMIR. KICK SOME TITAN ASS AS A TINY TITAN!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 22, 2017 11:21 AM

Aug 2016
Awesome, great transformation of Ymir. The anime improves with each episode!

5/5
Apr 22, 2017 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
Eh,the plot felt like it barely moved for me this episode except for three scenes(maybe because the Ymir titan reveal was spoiled to me just today unintentionally by some ).oh well. I thought the scene of Ymir being able to read herring was interesting though(herring is probably some language and letters only titans can understand.i don't know) and reiner and conny coming out alive was also a shocker by not by much.

The biggest shock for me was Nanaba dying off so early in the series even though she was only in the series for four episodes.she was waifu material even though you can tell she got her character design from Levi xD. I'm just Glad that beer addict died anyways even after being saved twice.

Ymir titan form looks pretty underwhelming.why so small in stature compared to Annie's titan form?

The_Nut_CrackerApr 22, 2017 1:03 PM
Apr 22, 2017 11:25 AM

Oct 2016
Vinyet said:
Xenocrisi said:

Wutttt, I don't remember it at all

Nah, that OVA was just crack and not canon
The OVA was canon, but it had nothing to do with THIS Ymir. I can't say anything else without spoiling.
Apr 22, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2015
wow this episode got pretty grim.
For a moment there I thought everyone on that tower was going to die, but it looks like it's titan powered Ymir to the rescue.
Apr 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
This season is so good omg... great episode, really sad about the death of the Scout team though :( We're losing all our talent here, humans!

Also, a lesson to be learnt from this episode... Yuri saves lives!
Apr 22, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2014
No surprises at all towards the end here. Ymir's behavior was as suspicious as it gets in the previous episode - her usual behavior, her conversation with Krista, the comment Reiner makes at the end, etc.

Now, it didn't make much of a difference in my case, but manga readers really need to think about what they say here. For anybody paying attention, the complaints about the missing scene and how things wouldn't make as much sense without it were obviously about Ymir, especially when you consider Reiner's comment. Not only that, I was pretty sure within 1-2 episodes she would show her true colors.

The way Ymir looked at Krista was so eccentric this episode. The foreshadowing was blatant enough up to that point that Reiner just ended up spelling out the obvious imo. By obvious I mean the fact that Ymir was a titan. But until the end, I wasn't quite sure on whose side she was. She seemed to be setting everyone up somehow, but she ended up fighting anyway as there was no other option, so I don't know.

I guess the real question is whether she's on their side just because Krista's there as well. Maybe she would still stay among humans for personal reasons even if Krista were to die or something, but there's no way to know that for the time being.

All in all, nice episode. I wonder when the main characters are actually going to do something... maybe in 1 or 2 episodes? This season will be really short, that's for certain.
Apr 22, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
The_Nut_Cracker said:
Ymir titan firm looks pretty underwhelming.why so small in stature compared to Annie's titan form?

Why is the colossal titan so much larger than Eren, Armored, & Beast titan?
Apr 22, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
Anime Only Viewer here

MY SPECULATION (Please do not spoil):
My gut is telling me that Reiner is the armored titan. Why? For starters, he clearly knows something about the titans that the others do not know. For example, when Connie was in distress in the last episode over the titan spawned in his house, Reiner quickly tried to change the subject and get him out of there as soon as possible, indicating he is trying to hide something from Connie about the true nature of that titan.

Another instance is the way he reacted to Ymir knowing the cryptic language (the herrings). My guess is this language is spoken from somewhere far outside the walls. Also, the interaction between Reiner, Ymir, and Connie during the scene where they were all together implies that Reiner knows something that the others do not (except for Ymir).

Another interesting point was the dialogue between Bertolt and Reiner, where Bertolt said he was a warrior, but now is a soldier. That line reminded me of when Annie was being lured when she said she failed to become a warrior. What "becoming a warrior" means I am not sure, but I believe it has something to do with their motivations as titans.

Finally, my last speculation comes from sheer coincidences. The armored titan is portrayed as the strongest of the titans, being able to destroy the walls, etc, and Reiner is portrayed as the strongest in the group (he carried a titan up the stars while the damn thing was gnawing on him). Also Reiner has blonde hair that is very similar to the armored titan.

Anyways, that's what I've observed thus far.
Not_Ryan_GoslingApr 22, 2017 11:47 AM
Apr 22, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
Oh yeah, that thing with the knife. The moment she said she'd do something about the titans and didn't threat anyone else, I was pretty sure she'd jump off the tower and do that. :D

And I talked a lot about Ymir in my previous post, but I guess Krista will play a big role in the upcoming episodes. Too bad there's very little information on that so far.

Also, inb4 the season ends and Eren's key serves no purpose yet again. I'm saying it right now, Eren's key will be just like Nisekoi's locket! SnK loves to set up a whole bunch of mysterious plot points, but it doesn't seem to care that much about answering a lot of the questions it raises. I wonder how much the manga has already answered.
Apr 22, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2009
I personally don't think the titan that ate Reiner's friend was Ymir.
That one had blunt-edged teeth like ours, humans, while Ymir has a mouthful of sharp teeth.
Apr 22, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2016
antonn said:
The_Nut_Cracker said:
Ymir titan firm looks pretty underwhelming.why so small in stature compared to Annie's titan form?

because he eats a lot of chicken nuggets
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 22, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
OH MY GOD!!! Ymir is a titan too? Holy shit that was unexpected. o.O
Apr 22, 2017 11:59 AM

Dec 2015
GlacialFroszeN said:
I personally don't think the titan that ate Reiner's friend was Ymir.
That one had blunt-edged teeth like ours, humans, while Ymir has a mouthful of sharp teeth.

Yeah I agree, they look completely different.

Apr 22, 2017 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
Reiner's face when Christa tore her skirt was hilarious. What happened after that was not hilarious at all. I thought Ymir was gonna dive straight into a titan's mouth but the surprise, wow! Just what the hell is going on?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 22, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode. 5/5
Can't wait for the next one!
Apr 22, 2017 12:07 PM
Dec 2013
Damn! Ymir's a titan?! Glad that I wasn't spoiled about anything like that. That totally caught me off guard. Awesome episode.
Apr 22, 2017 12:19 PM

May 2014
The deaths of the supporting characters was really expected but still hard to watch.. The art and animation continues to be fabulous.

AND YAS, I knew from spoilers about Ymir and Reiner's talk (them both being gay), but her accidentally telling him that she is able to read that language was intense. I thought Reiner knows about her being a titan.
Reiner best husbando.

Thanks to the people who spoil though (And kinda the OVA about Hanji and the mentioning of Ymir), I know the identity of the colossal and armored titan, so when I saw this titan in the preview I just concluded it was Ymir because she was the only one that I didn't know how she looked like.. And thanks to spoilers I kinda know what "Historia" refers to as well.. Unfortunately.

Let's hope I don't get spoiled on anything else.

Apr 22, 2017 12:21 PM

May 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
Reiner's face when Christa tore her skirt was hilarious. What happened after that was not hilarious at all. I thought Ymir was gonna dive straight into a titan's mouth but the surprise, wow! Just what the hell is going on?

Like sawyer7mage said, whatever your sexual orientation you will find Crista cute and will want to marry her xD

Apr 22, 2017 12:21 PM

May 2016
That was amazing, those poor guys died, and the one who wanted to drink some sake ahh man the feelings.
Apr 22, 2017 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
"Gotta marry her" the moment reiner became my new fav character of AoT XD
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 22, 2017 12:37 PM

Dec 2016
No no no no and no ! how can it end like that x).... let's wait 1 more week ;_;
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 22, 2017 12:38 PM
Jul 2016
Nanaba deserved better!!! DX I'm really sad that she died....
Apr 22, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
Omg i hope she become a big & fat titan , not a small useless one
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 22, 2017 12:41 PM
Jun 2015
i can't give this episode 5/5 .It deserves at least a 6/5
Apr 22, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2008
Goddamit! Why did you have to end at the best part?!
Ymir x Christa is so otp ;___;
Apr 22, 2017 12:53 PM
Jan 2017
I'm not sure if I became more cowardly or because I'm watching only one ep a week, BUT WHY ARE ALL THE SOLDIER DEATHS NOW 99999X TIMES MORE PAINFUL TO WATCH LIKE OUCH MY HEART IS BREAKING I don't even remember their names but I feel so sad especially when that guy couldn't even drink one last sip of wine :( and wow that last moment when ymir transformed had me going WTF WTF WTF, it was obvious she was keeping a secret and she knows more than the rest but SHE CAN TURN INTO A TITAN? that made me ponder about who else can transform. This was a great episode!
Apr 22, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2010
antonn said:
The_Nut_Cracker said:

Good question. My only guess off the top of my head is the colussal titan suffers from an extreme case of gigantism intentionally.im not a manga reader
The_Nut_CrackerApr 22, 2017 1:04 PM
Apr 22, 2017 1:05 PM
Jul 2016
wats up with nanbas father
Apr 22, 2017 1:09 PM

Nov 2011
baekbeans said:
I'm not sure if I became more cowardly or because I'm watching only one ep a week, BUT WHY ARE ALL THE SOLDIER DEATHS NOW 99999X TIMES MORE PAINFUL TO WATCH LIKE OUCH MY HEART IS BREAKING

I kinda feel the same, I've already knew what was going to happen but I had to close my eyes in the Nanaba scene. Same with Mike. I feel like I could watch the first season normally, felt kinda bad for some deaths but not as horrified as I feel now. This arc is savage.
Why all the cute scouts must die.
Can't wait for next week
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 22, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
General-Blade said:
wats up with nanbas father

Probably referring to her actual father who was against Nanaba joining the scouts or Jesus Christ but yeah that was out of the blue and random for Nanaba since we didn't learn much about her character.
Apr 22, 2017 1:13 PM

Dec 2016
it was a greaaaaaattt episode 😍😍😍😍😍 !
Apr 22, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
Reiner's "gotta marry her" was epic.

I have to agree with the person who mentioned the artwork of the titan in the stairwell when Reiner opened the door. That's one thing I've loved about this anime from day one is the amazing artwork.

The music is another thing I've loved from the beginning and I'm glad they didn't change much this season. I like the new opening a lot but don't care for the ending.

I feel like a lot of information was imparted this episode, if clouded in vaguery. It's that sort of information teasing that drives me mad. I want to read the manga and find out everything but I started with the anime so I feel compelled to see it through. Early in season one I read a wikki to try and get some answers fast and spoiled some things for myself so I try to avoid that now.

One thing that has always struck me in this anime is how raw it is. What I mean by that is how even the most badass person can become a whimpering child in the face of such a horrific death. It's not a slight on the character falling apart in that moment as much as a testament to how horrible that impending death is and how the victim has to watch it coming. There is no "going quietly into that good night" when faced with being eaten by a giant.

As always, the end leaves me feeling like a week is entirely too long.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Apr 22, 2017 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
"Gotta marry her" *dead* fucking reiner man
Apr 22, 2017 1:27 PM
Feb 2016
ToshiKata said:

One thing that has always struck me in this anime is how raw it is. What I mean by that is how even the most badass person can become a whimpering child in the face of such a horrific death. It's not a slight on the character falling apart in that moment as much as a testament to how horrible that impending death is and how the victim has to watch it coming. There is no "going quietly into that good night" when faced with being eaten by a giant.

As always, the end leaves me feeling like a week is entirely too long.

Well, as Jean said, "Everyone can't die in a heroic way" ( or something like that ). Even the biggest badass doesn't want to die, especially in those filthy giant mouth. I can totally see Livai shedding a little tear, saying he doesn't want to die "here" in such a pitiful way.
Apr 22, 2017 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
after reading the manga i kinda forgot how curel the death scenes are in the beginning .
man that was terrifying but it was great episode . anyone knows the name of the ost at the transformation scene ?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 22, 2017 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
I didn't care much for Ymir transformation. This episode missed something I dunno. I am more interested in seeing the history of titans or the mystery behind the basement :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 1:45 PM

May 2015
Ngl, I'm pretty disappointed with the comments of the anime-only watchers this week. Lack of good theories.
Apr 22, 2017 1:45 PM

Mar 2009
Mental episode, so long Nanaba.

Having a blast reviewing the series on YouTube if anyone wants to check out my thoughts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t4WF5myPo&list=PLUhJbphnZ-rkwQgu9RVa3J2DPEhasWUOg
Apr 22, 2017 1:47 PM
Feb 2016
Antotaku said:
Omg i hope she become a big & fat titan , not a small useless one

A titan is not a dick, an intelligent titan can't be useless.
Smaller means faster here ( remember the colossal titan ), and as we saw, her titan isn't big at all ( around 5 meters I think ).
Apr 22, 2017 1:59 PM

Oct 2015
Clefairiess said:
I didn't care much for Ymir transformation. This episode missed something I dunno. I am more interested in seeing the history of titans or the mystery behind the basement :(

They were only recently revealed in the manga... so not this season. Also, the history of the titans. I don't like spoiling anybody because I myself hate it but if you really want some hints...

And Ymir is important.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 2:00 PM

Oct 2015
A damn good episode this week. They did Ymir justice. For some reason, I didn't like her while I read the manga but the anime changed my perspective. Maybe, Isayama's art makes it harder to sympathize with the characters. They always look psychotic, save Krista. The soldier's deaths were heartbreaking in the manga but even worse in the anime. Isayama strips them to their bare human instincts when close to death which I find both intriguing and frightening at the same time. A lot of shounen and seinen have their resident badasses die in a dignified way but the fact that they succumb to fear humanizes them and I enjoy that. Nanaba's death, in particular, was heart-wrenching, reminding me of Petra's in season 1.

AoT shines best when it focuses least on Eren, Mikasa, and Armin as I consider them less interesting than most other characters. Particularly, because there's really not much depth to them outside their trauma's. Eren just wants to kill titans and Mikasa wants to protect Eren. They're a bore to be perfectly honest, even in the face of danger as they have plot armor. The other characters, even the side characters, elevate my interest even more. Like, what was Nanaba's final words in reference to? Trauma from an abusive father or the regret of not heeding the advice of a caring father of not joining the Survey Corp? I don't know and that interests me.
Apr 22, 2017 2:02 PM

Aug 2015
"Gotta marry her."
Apr 22, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Mezo-RPWPA said:
anyone knows the name of the ost at the transformation scene ?

It's called 進撃 vn-pf20130524 巨人, the 6th track from the 2nd OST disc.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.