Forum Settings
Forums

Youkai Watch Movie 2: Enma Daiou to Itsutsu no Monogatari da Nyan! Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this movie was jam-packed with content. We got Keita as a youkai, Jibanyan and Emi, Komama, Inaha and USApyon Santa and a story with Enma to top it all off. Plus the long awaited meeting of Keita and Inaho. This was a great way to get back into Youkai Watch now that another group has picked up episodes for subbing again.
Feb 26, 2018 2:10 PM
Aug 2015
It was pretty enjoyable, but because of the multiple stories effect, it felt much more like I binge-watched usual episodes than I watched a movie.

Beside that, I really like Enma :D

The Komama story was lovely too~
Dec 7, 2019 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
What a waste, it didn't feel like a movie imo.
the disappointment part is none of these elements will be used in the tv series.

đź’˘

Dec 23, 2019 5:46 AM

Sep 2011
I loved the first movie so I expected good things out of this one, and it didn't disappoint me! I love how it was divided into five stories, and how they were all connected. It was a bit shocking to see Keita "dying" right off the bat, but at least it was with a fall instead of being crushed by those bars. I love the positive effect he had on Yuuto too. The boy had gave up on it all, but Fuu2 showed him that it was just a misunderstanding. That his parents were actually supportive of him, and he is set to become a mangaka, a soccer player or whatever else he wants. And the second story was also great and funny. I loved to see Jibanyan, Robonyan F-gata, and Bushinyan working together to try and help Emi-chan. They mostly got in the way, but Jibanyan made her remember how she felt while he was still alive as Akamaru, and renewed her strength to follow her dream.

We also finally met Koma-san and Komajirou's mother. Komasaburou was kind of cute too, and it's kind of sad, but it's a good thing he returned to his human parents in the end. And this time USApyon was the one responsible for helping Santa Claus with the gifts, and it was great. I honestly teared up a bit with Takayuki and his mother. I'm glad she was fine in the end. Then there was Nurarihyon, who just wanted to keep his promise with the previous Enma Daiou. But the new, super cool, Enma Daiou decided to see with his own eyes if he was right, and good thing Keita, Inaho and his friends could show him that it's possible for youkai and humans to coexist. Kitarou would be proud? haha Oh, and Keita and Inaho finally met! Can't wait to see some segments with them together in the anime. Fuyunyan also appeared again, and I loved it!

More topics from this board

» SPOILER

hawa777 - Mar 19, 2017

0 by hawa777 »»
Mar 19, 2017 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.