Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2017 3:02 AM

Sep 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Patricia... what?

A 'quick' movie, good and bad things just happen so fast and then the movie ended without you knowing it. Just as the movie title said "Kakusei no Idenshi", we get to see everyone's awaken... Asagi really op op in the sky.

Satisfied with those awaken mechs, funny moment here & there, and lastly the fights. Especially everyone do the drawings when Isuzu in coma.
Just a little bit disappointed with the pace, "Isuzu went into coma and wake up the next day " sum up everything. As fast as it can be, I am still able to enjoy the movie just like the tv episodes.

Man, luckily production didn't put much focus on the newbie team. Team rabbits will always be the main.

The victory party
valvravetruthJan 23, 2017 3:08 AM
Mar 6, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2016
Does anyone know why this movie hasn't been subbed yet or why no reviews are being posted ?At least was it good or bad some people had to see it already for that rating to keep changing
Mar 26, 2017 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
valvravetruth said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Patricia... what?

A 'quick' movie, good and bad things just happen so fast and then the movie ended without you knowing it. Just as the movie title said "Kakusei no Idenshi", we get to see everyone's awaken... Asagi really op op in the sky.

Satisfied with those awaken mechs, funny moment here & there, and lastly the fights. Especially everyone do the drawings when Isuzu in coma.
Just a little bit disappointed with the pace, "Isuzu went into coma and wake up the next day " sum up everything. As fast as it can be, I am still able to enjoy the movie just like the tv episodes.

Man, luckily production didn't put much focus on the newbie team. Team rabbits will always be the main.

The victory party

Where do you watch that picture? I didn't see it in movie. But i like to see Isuzu x Kei.
Mar 26, 2017 3:49 PM

Aug 2014
Already forgot all the members of Team Fawn. Dioluna's speech and Theoria's translation was hilarious. Ange met his/her match. Everything about White 0's entrance was great. The comedy is always on point in MJP.

Amazing fights too, especially that three-way in the end. The PROMPT drop gave me goosebumps. All the awakenings were beautiful. Except Purple 2.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 26, 2017 4:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
valvravetruth said:
Just a little bit disappointed with the pace, "Isuzu went into coma and wake up the next day " sum up everything.
I...was disappointed. It felt scattered/fragmented. Almost like watching a fireworks display with some disjointed dialog. Not sure how else to say it. Possibly the biggest "eye-roll" was over what that one guy said to Asagi in the bunker when Asagi wanted to pilot that white unit - "do you want to die", or some nonsense. They're all 30 seconds away from dying anyway - what difference does it make?
Mar 26, 2017 10:21 PM

May 2012

The victory party

Dat image x_x Kei so cute, why the tease?

Pretty exciting movie overall, lots of great action and scenes, a few funny scenes too like the reveal of the White unit or Teoria's translation.

Also, Asagi is confirmed Jesus. Walking in mid-air while he was slicing up the enemy, though I gotta admit it was pretty cool. In fact, all their awakening were pretty cool, though the combination of Tamaki and Suruga especially. A controlled laser bombardment, like holy wow. It's always amazing to see how much Kei herself can do as well with taking in all this information though, she really is the brain of the team.

Also, same, was glad there wasn't a focus on the new team since they felt really uninteresting in comparison.

Season 2 when?

Mar 27, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Cratex said:
Possibly the biggest "eye-roll" was over what that one guy said to Asagi in the bunker when Asagi wanted to pilot that white unit - "do you want to die", or some nonsense. They're all 30 seconds away from dying anyway - what difference does it make?

Quite the peculiar complaint. The whole "20 seconds to breach" thing was averted by Suruga earlier. The threat at the moment was Dioluna, who Izuru had in check. In that situation, it's logical to hesitate before sending out Asagi in what they believed to be a completely unmaneuverable prototype, especially when they had the hero who defeated the previous royal Wulgaru out there fighting in a top-of-the-line new model. Asagi eventually pulled through with bullshit nakama piloting power, but even then he wasn't pivotal to the fight; it was a team effort.
QuattroVaginasMar 27, 2017 11:52 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 27, 2017 5:18 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
Quite the peculiar complaint. The whole "20 seconds to breach" thing was averted by Suruga earlier.
I don't agree. It's easy to see that in hindsight, but at the moment in question Izuru was (supposedly) ready to fall over after waking from a coma and in any case sure looked to me like he was barely standing his ground, while any potential help was in pieces on the ground around them. (shrug) - difference in how I saw the situation, I guess.
Mar 27, 2017 5:34 PM

Aug 2014
Cratex said:
QuattroVaginas said:
Quite the peculiar complaint. The whole "20 seconds to breach" thing was averted by Suruga earlier.
I don't agree. It's easy to see that in hindsight, but at the moment in question Izuru was (supposedly) ready to fall over after waking from a coma and in any case sure looked to me like he was barely standing his ground, while any potential help was in pieces on the ground around them. (shrug) - difference in how I saw the situation, I guess.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with from what you quoted. That line was literally spoken right before all the Awakenings. The whole "30 seconds away from dying" ended right there.

What you are probably disagreeing with is that Izuru held his own. When Asagi decided he wanted join the fight no matter what, they were watching him on the monitor. Izuru was in no way at a disadvantage in that fight.

If you're going to talk supposed weakness, Asagi also just recovered from getting his machine fucked up. He's fine. Izuru's fine.

In addition to all this, I already mentioned White 0 was effectively defective. You're suggesting they should not have hesitated in sending a supposedly injured combatant right back out in a defective machine, to assist someone that may or may not need help, with a high possibility of just getting in the way. Also, the rest of Team Rabbits still had enough in them to assist at the very end. Also, Team Fox+Fawn for backup. It was a crisis, but they were not "30 seconds" desperate.
QuattroVaginasMar 27, 2017 6:00 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 27, 2017 9:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This movie was a lot of fun....I need a S2 ASAP
Apr 2, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
That really enjoyable movie
So far, this is the best CGI mecha fight scene i ever seen but still no one can beat Gundam 00 Movie glorious fight scene. The only problem i found from this movie is they make lame joke in wrong time.
Also thank you Orange for make Red 5 Cruise Mode LOL
May 7, 2017 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
We start off with a recap. Tamaki oppai.
Damn. Everyone following Izuru.
lol at everyone writing on his tank.
LMAO at what they did to his tank. He ain't dead.
Reika oppai.
Dat oppai fondle.
Of course Patrick has a twin sister.
Dat oppai fondle in return.
Symmetrical docking.
Team Fox is here.
Reika oppai.
Rape smile.
LMAO at Izuru waking up.
Oh snap! They played the 2nd opening theme.
Dat pressured Tamaki oppai.
Dat Tamaki booty wiggle.
lol at Izuru noticing the waifu drawing.
Dat Sugura awakening.
Dat Asagi awakening. Thought he was about to do Accel Synchro.
Dude is walking on air.
Asagi!!!
LMAO at Teoria not repeating the vulgar language.
LMAO at Suruga asking for the translations.
Reika oppai.
Izuru you lucky fock.
lol at Suzukaze's face.
Suzukaze pulling Izuru close to her. Looking hot.
Izuru is back in the robot and this time it has bird mode.
LMAO at Ange and Diorna trash talking each other.
Dat Tamaki awakening.
Dat Tamaki booty wiggle.
Izuru is here with his Wing Gundam.
Asagi is alive.
Dat Kei awakening.
Dat Tamaki booty wiggle.
lol at Izuru after the credits.

Pretty good movie. Disappointed they didn't play the 1st opening song. I hope for Season 2. Also, we didn't see Team Fox again. lol

Dat Victory Party.
RobMay 7, 2017 11:23 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 22, 2017 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
this movie is fanservice galore like a kids show lol but i like it

its a shame Izuru did not use his Awakened Form in the final battle of this movie and Ange has no Awakened Form besides his masucline side or split personality

but damn the action was great, those Awakened Forms are awesome to see
Jun 3, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2010
Great movie. Lot's of good moments, funny scenes and superb mecha action. Need season 2, cuz' I love the team and would love to see more. :)
Jun 4, 2017 9:54 PM
Jul 2012
Only thing I'm disappointed about is that Izuru didn't get to use that awesome chainsaw gun from his first machine in this. That thing was a beast, and the CQC in this series are always so well done, so I was kind of disappointed that Izuru only really only used his guns in the final fight.
Jun 14, 2017 1:18 AM

May 2013
valvravetruth said:
Patricia... what?

The victory party

For those of you wondering where the picture is from, the image is from the bonus drama tracks that were included at the end of the movie. if I recall, it was two parts, one part being shown the first week of its screening, and the second part after. I assume these will be included as extras with the home release. It also basically means theres a good chance it will be an Izuru x Kei ending.

j0x said:
this movie is fanservice galore like a kids show lol but i like it

its a shame Izuru did not use his Awakened Form in the final battle of this movie and Ange has no Awakened Form besides his masucline side or split personality

but damn the action was great, those Awakened Forms are awesome to see

flamingknight11 said:
Only thing I'm disappointed about is that Izuru didn't get to use that awesome chainsaw gun from his first machine in this. That thing was a beast, and the CQC in this series are always so well done, so I was kind of disappointed that Izuru only really only used his guns in the final fight.

I think the reason why they didn't show Izuru using his Awakening Form is because they are saving it for season 2. I don't know if season 2 will come out but since they're saving it, I say it could be in the making.
Aug 16, 2017 3:54 AM

Aug 2017
This is beautiful. ;_;

I really like Asagi here, except in the last moment when he want to pilot the White Zero, his reasoning is too generic. If I were him when the commander ask "Do you want to die!?" I will say "So what if I want to die! We don't have any choice!"

Maybe. ._.

The fight scene is beautiful. Bit disappointed when the new team fight, not because they are suck (they are) but they are too artificially OP (their Mech supposedly OP, but it out of balance with their pilot)

My fav scene is when Ange fight with Dioluna. Man, that was badass, and even more when Ange trying to trap that Wulgaru. The head 2 head combat, the kick, the save. It just scream badass~

I hope there will be season 2. I know there's an announcement season 2 being considered in the late 2013, but I'm afraid the season 2 is replaced by this movie.

"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Jun 2, 2020 6:44 PM

Apr 2020
valvravetruth said:
Patricia... what?

The victory party

That image is such a tease! We didn't get a big Izuru x Kei moment like that at all. A fan service filled movie, but still an enjoyable ride.
Sep 13, 2023 6:03 PM
Jan 2018
I'm only commenting on this cuz I just watched the team fawn OVA. All these years later and still no season 2. What a shame. At least its a lot easier to watch this movie. If only I could hear the uncensored parts tho.
Oct 18, 2023 7:58 PM

Dec 2022
Really fun movie with the usual amazing combat sequences, good raillery and even some fanservice. Could've established Dioluna's background more, but still absolutely worth the watch if you want to see more of the series.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» No subtitle yet?

zombie_wolf - Feb 17, 2017

1 by zombie_wolf »»
Mar 19, 2017 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.