Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2010 8:46 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love this series (rewatching). The first episode is awesome, the scale of the seniors' prank was so grand, I was impressed.

RtheO
Mar 25, 2010 1:35 AM
Mar 2010
Wow, was completely blown away by this first episode. The characters are very interesting and unique, especially that guy who seems to be in love with his motorcycle. And Shun. Alot of anime nowadays have crossdressers and such, but Shun is far from being a typical gender-confused gimmick character. Everyone knows that he's a guy, and they're all cool about it, so it's more like it's just part of his character than a significant part of the story. It even tricks the viewer into thinking that the gender thing will be a major plot point, which is brilliant and pretty damn refreshing.
However, it was proven that Shun is in fact a male; Kazuya saw his penis on multiple occasions.
It would really suck to be Kazuya.
Mar 25, 2010 9:23 AM

Jun 2008
sojikai said:
Wow, was completely blown away by this first episode. The characters are very interesting and unique, especially that guy who seems to be in love with his motorcycle. And Shun. Alot of anime nowadays have crossdressers and such, but Shun is far from being a typical gender-confused gimmick character. Everyone knows that he's a guy, and they're all cool about it, so it's more like it's just part of his character than a significant part of the story. It even tricks the viewer into thinking that the gender thing will be a major plot point, which is brilliant and pretty damn refreshing.
However, it was proven that Shun is in fact a male; Kazuya saw his penis on multiple occasions.
It would really suck to be Kazuya.

Are you trying to imply Shun has an ugly penis?

RtheO
Dec 4, 2011 9:09 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good first episode, though it was easy to tell that the anime is just blazing from plot point to plot point. I'll have to read the manga in the future in the hope of the series being more fleshed out. I laughed a few times, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 19, 2012 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone else see the reference to Ranma 1/2? When Kazuya enters green wood there is a sign that says anime club which has a red headed pigtailed girl wearing chinese clothes on it.
~Flo
Jun 19, 2012 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
Floazian said:
Anyone else see the reference to Ranma 1/2? When Kazuya enters green wood there is a sign that says anime club which has a red headed pigtailed girl wearing chinese clothes on it.

ya I caught that

RtheO
Dec 3, 2012 8:47 PM
Nov 2012
Shun reminds me of Stop Hibarikun.
Dec 15, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
This was more interesting than I expected.
Hope the rest will be even better~
Apr 4, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2016
animela said:
Shun reminds me of Stop Hibarikun.

it doesn't help that he looks exactly like him, especially his face shape. not nearly as fashionable or playful thugh
Feb 26, 2021 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
This is kinda boring, and annoying. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll drop it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Here is Greenwood Episode 6 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Mar 2, 2010

10 by DRevan9 »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » Here is Greenwood Episode 4 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Mar 1, 2010

5 by DRevan9 »»
Aug 5, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Here is Greenwood Episode 5 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Mar 2, 2010

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Feb 26, 2021 6:29 PM

Poll: » Here is Greenwood Episode 3 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Feb 23, 2010

4 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Feb 26, 2021 4:54 PM

Poll: » Here is Greenwood Episode 2 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Feb 17, 2010

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Feb 26, 2021 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.