Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2015
i already watched the first season, and i come now to despair and future arcs so how should i watch those so that i won't get in spoils

Dec 29, 2016 4:28 AM

Feb 2016
Watch one episode from each at the time,start with Mirai-hen

I also recommend that you play the VNs

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Dec 29, 2016 5:12 AM

Dec 2013
I think that as long as you haven't played the games, you will get spoiled in one way or another.

What you can do is to watch Despair arc first, then go read up about what happened in the second game (Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair) and the spin-off game (Danganronpa anotehr episode: Ultra Despair Girls) on their wiki pages. After that then watch the Future Arc and finally the grand finale episode which is the Hope Arc.
Dec 29, 2016 5:17 AM

Jan 2015
the1ado said:
i already watched the first season, and i come now to despair and future arcs so how should i watch those so that i won't get in spoils

Watch it by airing order just like every other show
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Dec 29, 2016 5:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Problem is Danganronpa 2 isn't adapted so the only real solution is to play the game before delving into Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen (can buy it on Steam for example)
Dec 29, 2016 5:25 AM
Aug 2015
Ultra Despair Girls should be also played, but fucking Japan has only made it available to PS Vita. Who the fuck even owns a PS Vita nowadays
PogChamp
Dec 29, 2016 5:29 AM
Sep 2016
If you don't want to buy and play danganronpa 2, you can watch a playthrough, or a summary on youtube.
However, playing it yourself will be a better experience overall
Dec 29, 2016 5:30 AM

Dec 2016
I highly advise you play the games (maybe not the first one if you already watched the anime, they are kinda the same).
As other people said, you need to watch DR3 one episode from each seires at a time and switch between the arcs/sides after each episode
The order of watching/playing is like this:

DR1>DR2>DR:another episode>DR3: future/despair>DR3: hope

cause there is no way to play DR:another episode on the computer (at least not at steam) you can watch this instead. It is almost 12 hours of only the story part from the game.

Enjoy =3

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Dec 29, 2016 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
aratinga said:
Ultra Despair Girls should be also played, but fucking Japan has only made it available to PS Vita. Who the fuck even owns a PS Vita nowadays
more people than did yesterdays... its not like those consoles dissapear once sold
Dec 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Aug 2016
aratinga said:

That shit sells like bread in Japan. Look it up.
Dec 29, 2016 3:09 PM

May 2010
You should have played the game instead of watching the anime but you can still play sdr2 good for you
Dec 29, 2016 3:46 PM
Jul 2016
the1ado said:

Well, first of all, play Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. It's on Steam and PS Vita, and will soon be on PS4. If you prefer the cheap route, you can watch a playthrough on YouTube.

After that, you can, if you wish, either watch a playthrough of Ultra Despair Girls or read a summary of it. Personally, I don't recommend playing it, as it's a terrible game with painfully bad controls and graphics that are an absolute eyesore. The story's also not that great, but it does give context to some of the stuff in DR3, so you should at least know what happens.

Finally, alternate between the two DR3 series, starting with Future. Hope should be watched last. In other words: Future Arc Episode 1 -> Despair Arc Ep 1 -> Future Arc 2 -> Despair 2 -> . . . . Future 11 -> Despair 11 -> Future 12 -> Hope Arc

Oh, and, by the way...
aratinga said:

It's actually coming to Steam next year, currently slated for "quarter 2."
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Dec 29, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2014
Well first play the second game and Despair girls.

After that however watch both Despair and future arc at the same time like one ep of despair and then one ep of Future and so on.

Then watch The hope arc and once you are done, grab a chair or Table or AND THROW IT BECAUSE YOU MIGHT HAVE REALIZED THAT PART 3 AS A WHOLE WAS SHIT.
Dec 29, 2016 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
I guess most people already said it, let's just reaffirm it then.

First, you should play, or find a good let's play (recommend NicoB) of Danganronpa 2 since it's not adapted, same with the side story Despair Girls.

Ideally, you should do the same with the first Danganronpa, since the first animated series was not the best adaptation ever made, up to you though.

Then just alternate DR3 episodes as such: Future arc -> Despair arc. Then watch Hope arc last.
formis_sageDec 29, 2016 4:32 PM
Dec 29, 2016 4:39 PM
Nov 2016
As much as I adore Danganronpa, DR2 and Another Episode are very long and sometimes difficult to play, so I'd recommend watching playthroughs on YouTube. And don't make the same mistake that I did of not switching between the future and despair arcs of DR3, cuz they are 100% better in order.
Enjoy the ride! It's a rollercoaster of emotions.
Dec 29, 2016 4:43 PM

Feb 2016
how should i watch Danganronpa ?

You should watch it hard.
Dec 29, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Oct 11, 2022 7:05 PM
Dec 2017
play the original games thats what i would go for

Oct 14, 2022 5:24 AM

Aug 2021
its definitely worth watching
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Nov 2019
The actual way to experience the series is this:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc game

Danganronpa/Zero Light Novel

Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair game

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls game

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School which is the Anime conclusion to the Hope's Peak Saga and no this isn't an adaptation of V3 they both are completely different

You're supposed to watch DGR 3 starting with Ep 1 of Future Arc, then Ep 1 of Despair Arc, Ep 2 Future Arc, Ep 2 Despair Arc and keep repeating this cycle and then watch

Hope Arc

Nagito Komaeda OVA

and finally

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (game) which is the final entry in the series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

435 by Ricky16 »»
Today, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

263 by Gator »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.