Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2016 1:41 AM

Jan 2016
I'm sure this thread has been created a million times but eh.

Try to keep this as spoiler free as you can.

I haven't watched a lot of anime =( so I was hoping to find some thrilling/intense anime fights. (Of course fights that just look good could work too)

Some of the most memorable ones for me were obviously from Fate/Zero

FMAB and HxH 2011 also had some really fantastic fights from which you could name multiple.
Regardless I'd like to see fights other people liked.

Merry Kurisumasu! *<:-)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 26, 2016 1:47 AM

Apr 2016
levi vs beast titan. (and couldnt think other strong characters)

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Dec 26, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2014
Any fight with Biribiri. Damn she knows how to look good.
Dec 26, 2016 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
kamisama751 said:
Kotonoha vs Sekai in School Days. Damn that fight was so intense.
Y U do this.

Ichigo Vasto Lorde vs. Ulquiorra Awakened mode. Definition of beasts. šŸ˜
Dec 26, 2016 2:03 AM

Feb 2016
Although i wouldnt call it a fight rather than a match XD Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa (Haikyuu!!)

Dec 26, 2016 2:06 AM

Jan 2016
kamisama751 said:
Kotonoha vs Sekai in School Days. Damn that fight was so intense.

The most intelligent anime battle imo.
Also, Nice Boat!
Dec 26, 2016 2:18 AM
Mar 2016
all fight in samurai champloo,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 26, 2016 2:30 AM

Jun 2015
The best fight of all time....
:)
Dec 26, 2016 2:33 AM

Jun 2015
Kimura VS mashiba (hajime no ippo)

Or

Accelerator vs touma and misaka
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 26, 2016 2:36 AM

May 2016
When Pico takes it up the butthole..
Dec 26, 2016 4:20 AM

Sep 2014
This one for me...

No endless speeches, no flashy magic powers, no over-the-top choregraphic dancing fights, just a beautifull sword fight.
BalongDec 26, 2016 4:27 AM
Dec 26, 2016 4:30 AM

Nov 2009
aqing0601 said:
Any fight with Biribiri. Damn she knows how to look good.

Any fight with Nanoha. Because fights should not just defeat your enemy, but make them become a better person and your friend too.
Recently, Vivid Strikers had a climatic battle like that even without Nanoha present. It lasted 2 episodes, and pretty much all the season was buildup for that one fight.
Dec 26, 2016 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
Definitely one of the fight scenes in One Punch Man (or all of them).
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Dec 26, 2016 4:47 AM

Jul 2014
Mami vs Homura (madoka rebellion)
and she did noting wrong
Dec 26, 2016 4:52 AM

May 2015
The end fight scene of sword of the stranger because it looked nice and it had swords and snow ahahaha

but seriously:
Yasuri Shichika vs Emonzaemon
Everyone vs Ragyo and Nui
Simon vs the Anti Spiral
ur mom vs ur bitch control(the winner is surprising!)
Asuka vs Eva Series
virtual_core said:
Mami vs Homura (madoka rebellion)
and she did noting wrong

That fight was terrible mate, Sayaka vs Kyouko was a million times better of a fight.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 26, 2016 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
RainyRai said:

That fight was terrible mate, Sayaka vs Kyouko was a million times better of a fight.

haha no way
most frames in Sayaka vs Kyouko are just faces and talk
Dec 26, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
Makunouchi Ippo vs Takeshi Sendo
Mamoru Takamura vs Bryan Hawk
Dec 26, 2016 5:04 AM

May 2015
virtual_core said:
RainyRai said:

haha no way
most frames in Sayaka vs Kyouko are just faces and talk

Mami vs Homura was a stupidly overblown gunfight that only existed because everyone thought "HEY WHAT IF MAMI WHO HAS MAGIC GUNS BUT HOMURA WHO HAS REGULAR GUNS AND TIMEHAX POWERS FOUGHT OMG THAT WOULD BE COOL" so they put it in their fucking movie.

Sayaka vs Kyouko had much more actual tension behind it as well as good fucking animation, like a good fight should have.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 26, 2016 5:21 AM

Jul 2014
RainyRai said:

Mami vs Homura was a stupidly overblown gunfight that only existed because everyone thought "HEY WHAT IF MAMI WHO HAS MAGIC GUNS BUT HOMURA WHO HAS REGULAR GUNS AND TIMEHAX POWERS FOUGHT OMG THAT WOULD BE COOL" so they put it in their fucking movie.

Sayaka vs Kyouko had much more actual tension behind it as well as good fucking animation, like a good fight should have.

nooooo, their reason to fight is almost the same "I disagree with you so let's fight"
Mami was trying to stop homura from killing a witch (the one who killed her) and kyouko was trying to stop Sayaka from stopping a witch
If you think Mami vs. Homura was a stupid fight, you should think that of Sayaka vs. Kyouko as well
Dec 26, 2016 5:28 AM

May 2015
virtual_core said:
RainyRai said:

nooooo, their reason to fight is almost the same "I disagree with you so let's fight"
Mami was trying to stop homura from killing a witch (the one who killed her) and kyouko was trying to stop Sayaka from stopping a witch
If you think Mami vs. Homura was a stupid fight, you should think that of Sayaka vs. Kyouko as well

Sayaka vs Kyouko was much more then a witch conflict. And Mami vs Homura wasn't about the witch either, Mami didn't even know that was a witch.

Sayaka vs Kyouko was a clash of ideals mate, they were going to kill each other until Homura intervened. Mami vs Homura wasn't a fight to the death, Homura and Mami both tried but failed to be able to kill each other in the fight. The conflict Homuhomu vs Headless Breasts was about was a simple misunderstanding because Homura refused to explain anything. It went on for way too long just to satisfy the need of cool gun fights.
Dec 26, 2016 6:00 AM

Jul 2014
RainyRai said:

Sayaka vs Kyouko was much more then a witch conflict. And Mami vs Homura wasn't about the witch either, Mami didn't even know that was a witch.

Sayaka vs Kyouko was a clash of ideals mate, they were going to kill each other until Homura intervened. Mami vs Homura wasn't a fight to the death, Homura and Mami both tried but failed to be able to kill each other in the fight. The conflict Homuhomu vs Headless Breasts was about was a simple misunderstanding because Homura refused to explain anything. It went on for way too long just to satisfy the need of cool gun fights.

still a fight about "I disagree with you so let's fight"
both are fighting trying to put some reason in their minds
Mami would never believe that "friend" was a witch so keep discussing was pointless
Sayaka would never agree with Kyouko so keep discussing was pointless
mami couldn't kill homura because both power and xp was equal, Kyouko could have killed Sayaka bacause she was more experienced
and you could say that was a stupidly overblown lancer fight that only existed because everyone thought "HEY WHAT IF KYOUKO WHO HAS A LANCE AND SAYAKA WHO HAS ANOTHER LANCE FOUGHT OMG THAT WOULD BE COOL" but that is not true
And Homura never explained anithing to anyone, that's why they're fighting in the anime in first place

You can dislike the movie fight, but you have no reason to do that
Dec 26, 2016 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
Amazing_Stoner said:
I'm sure this thread has been created a million times but eh.

Try to keep this as spoiler free as you can.

I haven't watched a lot of anime =( so I was hoping to find some thrilling/intense anime fights. (Of course fights that just look good could work too)

Some of the most memorable ones for me were obviously from Fate/Zero

FMAB and HxH 2011 also had some really fantastic fights from which you could name multiple.
Regardless I'd like to see fights other people liked.

Merry Kurisumasu! *<:-)

https://sakugabooru.com/post?tags=fighting

Some animators who excel at animating fight scene:
Satoru Utsunomiya
Norio Matsumoto
Yutaka Nakamura
Kazuto Nakazawa
Masahiro Ando
Yoh Yoshinari (more on effects)
Tokuyuki Matsutake
Hiroki Yamashita
Masahiro Sato
Hironori Tanaka
Shingo Yamashita
Takahiro Shikama
Yoshimichi Kameda
Naoki Kobayashi
Sunghoo Park
etc.

Of course there's still lot more that I missed on the list. But you should try to watch their works, use sakugabooru or just search the Sakuga MAD / video compilation of their work.
Dec 26, 2016 7:05 AM

May 2015
virtual_core said:
RainyRai said:

Mami would never believe that "friend" was a witch so keep discussing was pointless
mami couldn't kill homura because both power and xp was equal, Kyouko could have killed Sayaka bacause she was more experienced
and you could say that was a stupidly overblown lancer fight that only existed because everyone thought "HEY WHAT IF KYOUKO WHO HAS A LANCE AND SAYAKA WHO HAS ANOTHER LANCE FOUGHT OMG THAT WOULD BE COOL" but that is not true
And Homura never explained anithing to anyone, that's why they're fighting in the anime in first place

Mami and Homura could kill each other, they were openings in the fight, but they directly avoided it. The fight ended with both of them alive in the first place.

It's not a "I disagree with you" scenario. Kyouko is trying to kill Sayaka for being in the area that she now claims and for refusing to listen to anyone about her ideals. Homura and Mami are simply fighting because of a situation contrived to make them fight. In the first place, Mami didn't even need to be the one who stopped Homura, she did it because the fans were speculating how cool it would be for Mami and Homura to fight, and the creators agreed with those fans so they shoved it into their movie. Sayaka vs Kyouko was not a fight made just because it would be cool(in the first place their weapons and fighting style are barely similar), it was made for the purpose of the story.

Mami vs Homura is an overblown conflict made for fanservice b.
Dec 26, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2016
Gin vs Gin and Gin and crew in the war scene during the movie and Gin vs Utsuro. One of my favorites due to nostalgia is probably rock lee vs gaara or naruto vs gaara.
Dec 26, 2016 7:18 AM

Aug 2015
"Best anime fights?"
Any Sword vs Sword battle
Because i like swords battle. Though there are some weird sword battle that ended up it doesn't looks like a sword battle anymore, this kind of sword battle annoyed me sometimes.

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Dec 26, 2016 7:18 AM

May 2016
The best anime fight of all time is Peter Griffin vs Chicken
Dec 26, 2016 7:43 AM
Dec 2016
RainyRai said:
virtual_core said:

Mami and Homura could kill each other, they were openings in the fight, but they directly avoided it. The fight ended with both of them alive in the first place.

It's not a "I disagree with you" scenario. Kyouko is trying to kill Sayaka for being in the area that she now claims and for refusing to listen to anyone about her ideals. Homura and Mami are simply fighting because of a situation contrived to make them fight. In the first place, Mami didn't even need to be the one who stopped Homura, she did it because the fans were speculating how cool it would be for Mami and Homura to fight, and the creators agreed with those fans so they shoved it into their movie. Sayaka vs Kyouko was not a fight made just because it would be cool(in the first place their weapons and fighting style are barely similar), it was made for the purpose of the story.

Fanservice, it nothing, no one complaint about it like you, the frames is really fast and the fight is very awesome, I can't seen any better fight than that gunfight which is pretty unique. Also most of everything in anime is fanservice to. The way you think the fight between Mami and Homura pointless is laughable and pointless opinion.
earthanimeDec 26, 2016 7:49 AM
Dec 26, 2016 7:46 AM
Dec 2016
It definite either between

Kiritsugu vs Kirei in Fate/zero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUDzOK52Uo

and Homura vs Mami in Madoka Magica Rebellion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
Dec 26, 2016 7:52 AM

May 2015
earthanime said:
RainyRai said:

Fanservice, it nothing, no one complaint about it like you, the frames is really fast and the fight is very awesome, I can't seen any better fight than that gunfight which is pretty unique. Also most of everything in anime is fanservice to.

A cool-looking fight is just that, a cool looking fight. I can look at a cool looking fight on sakugabooru. The best fight in anime is a fight that doesn't just look good but has actual value to it outside of looking cool. Sayaka vs Kyouko like I said before, has value outside being a fight, because the tension between everything could be cut like butter.
Dec 26, 2016 7:55 AM
Aug 2013
Lancer vs Archer
Saber vs Berserker
Gil vs Rider
Shiki vs Asagami
Homura vs Mami
Dec 26, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
Shichika vs Sabi Hakuhei in Katanagatari. You would't watch a fight as epic as that one in your life.
IllyricusDec 26, 2016 8:09 AM
Dec 26, 2016 8:05 AM

May 2015
Illyricus said:
Shichika vs Sabi Hakuhei in Katangatari. You would't watch a fight as epic as that one in your life.
Unforgettable, I never felt trolled more by an anime than that episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2016 8:06 AM
Dec 2016
RainyRai said:
earthanime said:

Fanservice, it nothing, no one complaint about it like you, the frames is really fast and the fight is very awesome, I can't seen any better fight than that gunfight which is pretty unique. Also most of everything in anime is fanservice to.

A cool-looking fight is just that, a cool looking fight. I can look at a cool looking fight on sakugabooru. The best fight in anime is a fight that doesn't just look good but has actual value to it outside of looking cool. Sayaka vs Kyouko like I said before, has value outside being a fight, because the tension between everything could be cut like butter.

Ok, i understand your opinion more but that is more like the reason to fight or the fight between ideal more not about fighting scene, I may agree if we are talking about reason to fight , the fight scene like
-Kyouko vs Sayaka
-Homura vs Walpurgis
-Rider vs Gilgamesh
-Makishima vs Kougami
maybe the best but if we talking about how awesome fight scene was animated it definite between
-Homura vs Mami
-Kiritsugu vs Kirei
Dec 26, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
Couldn' say ... but last one i have in memory is from Mahou Shoujo madoka magica
Dec 26, 2016 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
zal said:
Illyricus said:
Shichika vs Sabi Hakuhei in Katangatari. You would't watch a fight as epic as that one in your life.
Unforgettable, I never felt trolled more by an anime than that episode.
The best part of that was that
It was so brillaint I wasn't even mad.
Dec 26, 2016 8:32 AM

Dec 2008
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 3 hours ago

5 by Ishitateso »»
2 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 12 hours ago

36 by Fluffygreygrass »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 19

80 by Zedlin »»
5 minutes ago

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 2 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 7 hours ago

13 by TsutanaiFuun »»
11 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.