Forum Settings
Forums

How much does OST, Voice Acting and OP/ED affect your expierence

New
Dec 17, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
To be honest, if an anime has a great opening I can't help but like the anime a bit more. It just makes me feel hyped for the anime. I Don't really care about Anime ED's since I always skip them. Voice acting is one of the most important things to me, if, for example Toradora had a different VA for Taiga I might've liked it a bit more. It just annoys me to the point where I dropped it. It just didn't suit her.

A show without a couple good soundtracks are disappointing, because the OST's get you into the scenes. So this is slightly less important that VA's for me.

How about you?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 17, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2013
I only watch the op and ed, and maybe fap to the voice acting if there's my favourite portugese dub seiyuu in there.
Dec 17, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2012
Of the three, voice acting is the most important, followed by the score. A good OP or ED might be enjoyable a couple of times through, but after that I generally skip them. I do like the ED for the current Fune wo Amu so I have listened to it a few times.
Dec 17, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Voice acting is the most important role....others arnt that crucial...
Dec 17, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
Voice acting? Hell yeah, it's super important for me. That's the main reason why I hate every single dub.
If op/ed/ost is good, then it could make the anime more memorable, every time when you listen it after watching series, you will be remembering that series. In some series ost (background music) is taking a huge role (Clannad, Kanon, Ef, Air, Planetarian, H2o, Suzumiya TV, K-on, Amagami SS, Higurashi, Ghost in the Shell, etc).

But I I hate generic 'movie' symphonic OSTs.
rsc-plDec 17, 2016 12:15 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
-Voice Acting is very very important , i cant watch a dub
-Ost can affect my experience
-op/ed dont affect my experience
Dec 17, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2015
romagia said:
I only watch the op and ed, and maybe fap to the voice acting if there's my favourite portugese dub seiyuu in there.
Lmao Honest af. Which seiyuu though ?
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Dec 17, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
I watch my Anime Dubbed if available(full honesty. hate me if you want, it will not change anything)and even if I didn't, I don't have a favorite Japanese VA. Music doesn't mean a thing if the series sucks and I skip OP/ED's.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Dec 17, 2016 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
OST and VA are extremely important to me, both on the same level.

A good OP and ED make me feel a lot more compelled to watch the anime itself, but won't affect how much I like it unless it's seriously amazing. Basically it just helps to watch it in a shorter time span. Also a bad OP can make me stop watching something I consider good or even very good (the only example is Blood+ and it's shitty 4th opening, though).
Dec 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2016
symphogear is trash without nana mizuki (it's still trash in the end)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 17, 2016 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
OST>VA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ed>>>>>>>Op

Something like that, I'd wager.
Dec 17, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
OP/ED - there are some OP that make me want to hear it again and again. I would say, it doesn't affected my opinion about the story though. For me, they are separate. This is a neutral factor to my enjoyment.

VA - "moe" voice, tsundere voice, and generally high pitched voice usually annoys me. Sometimes makes me drop a show. In the other hand, "good voice actor" doesn't really affected me. This factor is a negative factor to my enjoyment.

Ost - this one is also very important for me. I really like when the ost fits the scene well. Though I am fine if they done poorly. This factor is a positive factor to my enjoyment.

For me,
VA >> Ost >>>>>> . . . . . . . . . .|||
OP/ED
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Dec 17, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2016
Voice acting is a massive thing for me, especially because I watch dubbed anime (don't really care if you hate me for this tbh).

OST is important depending on the scene. Don't want intense music on a comedy scene ffs.

OP/ED aren't as important, but there are quite a few OPs that I have never skipped and got me in the mood for an episode (FMA: Brotherhood, Death Note, Samurai Champloo and Death Parade, to name a few).
ffs
Dec 17, 2016 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
If OST is good, it's huge. Haven't really seen a show with a "bad" OST. Unremarkable? Sure, the vast majority fit that description, but I've never felt that an OST made a show worse. Except for maybe Re:Life...

And I agree with Gymkata on the order of importance. ED def. more important than OP. It's easy to totally kill a mood if the tone of the ED doesn't match the tone at the end of the episode.
Dec 17, 2016 3:01 PM

Jun 2016
OP affects my experience gravely.

For me, a OP is like a cover of a book. It is one of the first thing you will see when you started to watch a new anime. Therefore, a lot of my first impression in the anime is solely based on its OP. Of course this does not happen all the time but almost all the time a good OP means a good anime
Dec 17, 2016 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
I do care VAs but not so much.OSTs probably the most valuable part in your question.I love to listen an OST from anime/movie/game etc.I watch OP at least one time to see it.Sadly I don't listen EDs that much.
Dec 17, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
Voice acting is extremely important for me, since it's basically the thing who can make an scene better or what is already is or can turn an average scene into something outstanding (independently if is an action anime, a drama, a comedy...).

OST is important too, especially since, like voice acting, it can make scenes memorable, but I can live with series with average OST (D. Gray Man is one of my favourite animes, yet has a meh soundtrack, but even in that, manages to still be entertaining and very good, so the OST being mediocre doesn't damages the series).

OP/ED are just a plus. What I expect from them is them to have catchy theme songs and visuals who made me have an idea of what the anime is about. There are also some instances when I also want to be excited for an opening. By example, in an opening of a battle shounen, visuals are really important for me, since what I want is to be hyped for what is about to come and that. However, I prefer anytime a forgeatable OP/ED to weak voice acting.
Dec 17, 2016 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Hmn a good OST can make me enjoy a certain show more yes, but as far as OPs and EDs goes i dont really care about them. Mirai Nikki has a amazing opening, still it didnt changed the fact that the anime itself was just horrible..
Dec 26, 2016 6:35 AM

Mar 2016
I like it when there's a good OP / ED, but it doesn't matter at all to me.
The OST is important, but if the series is good, then I don't care too much about the OST. That's just an extra bonus.

Seiyuu (VAs) are EXTREMELY important to me.
I've been into voice actors since forever - even before I discovered anime.
And because they're so important, I would NEVER watch a dub version EVER.
Not only for anime, but also for normal dramas, movies etc.
Whenever I can understand the language, I will make sure to watch it in the original language.
Dec 26, 2016 7:10 AM

Dec 2016
OSTs are crucial to me. They seal the deal to me.

For me, animes are shows, they have to be showy, they have to stimulate me emotions and make me feel excited, and OSTs play a major role in achieving this. OSTs are a gravitating factor that strongly affects my enjoyment degree. For me OSTs have to be more than just "ambient" music; they actually have to exercise a role of creating and establishing the atmospheres and tones of the scenes.

Voice overs the same story, they are crucial. For me it's just not the same watching an anime with japanese voices rather than native-language (spanish) voices. With the latter...it's easier to me to connect to the characters, get fond to them and at the end of the day feel genuinely interested in them and their feelings. In general, latin-american spanish dubs are really really good, so there is just very little risk of disgust.

OP/ED are non factors to me. I usually skip them. Though some shows have truly awesome themes.
SoldierDreamDec 26, 2016 7:38 AM
Dec 26, 2016 7:23 AM
May 2015
If it's great, then it affects the experience a great deal.
Dec 26, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2016
It depends, I hated Tokyo Ghoul but love the opening. Loved Gintama and its' openings and voice actors. Loved monster and its' sounds. If the story is good, I'll definitely watch. It convinces me further to watch if the sounds are good, but it's not the main selling point for me. There's good animes with average or bad openings/sounds and bad animes with good openings/sounds. However, there's also bad animes with bad sounds and good animes with good sounds and of course I prefer good animes with good sounds. I still prioritize story though.
Dec 26, 2016 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
I don't care about OP/ED basically skip every time because of random spoilers. I don't pay that much attention to OST , but recently Initiad ost made this anime more enjoyable. Voice acting is most important to me ,I can't stand English dub. Personaly watching Japanese dub and recognizing some favorite voice actors makes some shows more exiting.

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

56 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

24 by Paul »»
4 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

18 by animegamer245 »»
5 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 16 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.