Forum Settings
Forums

Things you wish the anime community would stop doing

New
Dec 11, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Not finger pointing at anyone, just in general. Roleplaying on youtube, like changing your youtube name into an anime character and circlejerking. I know it doesn't effect whether I should enjoy watching anime, but it irks me.
Also, trying to convince someone that a show is bad and they shouldn't watch it. Shit, if a show is bad, I'm sure the watcher knows too.

Explain what you think.
removed-userDec 11, 2016 1:28 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2013
giving generalization but not examples
Dec 11, 2016 1:21 PM
Jan 2013
existing
and that was my edgy reply for the day thank you very much
gone bai bai
Dec 11, 2016 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
Mkim said:
existing

Lmfao I was expecting someone to say that.
Dec 11, 2016 1:24 PM

Jun 2016
The stupid 'Best Girl' debate should end, it's pointless.

Haha just kidding the Best Girl debate is my life.

Jul 2015
Incomplete adaptations
Give us a complete adaptation or don't adapt it at all

May 2015
Breathing.
Implying ERASED is not the worst anime ever.
Implying Evangelion is not the best anime ever.
Implying FMA 2003 is not better then FMA:B
RainyRai spamming these same three things in every fucking post he makes
saying bakemonogatari episode 12 was one of the best episodes of the anime, let alone all of monogatari, let alone all of anime.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 2018
People should stop liking things I dislike and disliking things I like, it triggers me greatly.
Dec 11, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
There are things I wish people would stop doing but It doesnt really apply to just the anime community. Literally You just change the name of the community and its the same issues.
Dec 11, 2016 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
Incomplete adaptations

Eh I said community.................
Dec 11, 2016 1:28 PM
Jan 2013
Frostbytes said:
Mkim said:
existing

Lmfao I was expecting someone to say that.
soz for the predictable answer papa mama
I don't even believe a "anime community" exists, at least not as big as people think it is
gone bai bai
Dec 11, 2016 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Frostbytes said:
tragedydesu said:
Incomplete adaptations

Lol ,sorry I misread the title
I don't care about this community , but I wish if the bash on popular anime stop
Dec 11, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2016
I have 2.

Labeling things NTR they don't like (a character cheating or something) because a lot of the time it's usually not.

Example: Rec

Jumping down people's throats who have legitimate arguments about certain parings with the usual "Oh, you're just a butthurt shipper who didn't get his way." response.
JakDec 11, 2016 1:54 PM
Dec 11, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2008
I really hate it when people bash on certain anime for no particular reason. They see the general score of it and they automatically think it trash.
Dec 11, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
I wish it would give some good but less well-known anime more recognition.
Dec 11, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
Frostbytes said:
tragedydesu said:
Incomplete adaptations

Aren't the people who make it included in the community? Tregedydesu has a good point regardless. Enough with the half-assed adaptations, wait until it's complete and then adapt it fully.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 11, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2016
Seikan said:
I really hate it when people bash on certain anime for no particular reason. They see the general score of it and they automatically think it trash.
So anything popular? XD

That's usually the crowd where it's "cool" to hate popular things. Yeah, you can genuinely not like something (I personally didn't like Orange, but a lot of people loved it.), but most of the time they just hate it because it's popular.

Kruszer said:
Frostbytes said:

Aren't the people who make it included in the community? Tregedydesu has a good point regardless. Ehough with the half-assed adaptations, wait until it's complete and then adapt it fully.

YES! There are sooooo many stories that I wish had gotten a full adaptation.
JakDec 11, 2016 1:53 PM
Dec 11, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2016
1.Stop being so cringy
2.Stop being triggered of stupid things
3. Stop bashing people's opinions without giving proper reasoning
4. Stop saying Re:Zero is amazing
5. Stop making troll threads like this https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1575565
Dec 11, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2016
People that keep asking when does a show get good,fuck outta here with that shit.It's either good from the beginning or it's not for you.
Dec 11, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Kruszer said:
Frostbytes said:

Aren't the people who make it included in the community? Tregedydesu has a good point regardless. Enough with the half-assed adaptations, wait until it's complete and then adapt it fully.

Well yeah but the tone of the thread is more directed at forum community, wtv.
Dec 11, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
jak123 said:
Seikan said:
So anything popular? XD

That's usually the crowd where it's "cool" to hate popular things. Yeah, you can genuinely not like something (I personally didn't like Orange, but a lot of people loved it.), but most of the time they just hate it because it's popular.

Kruszer said:

Aren't the people who make it included in the community? Tregedydesu has a good point regardless. Ehough with the half-assed adaptations, wait until it's complete and then adapt it fully.

YES! There are sooooo many stories that I wish had gotten a full adaptation for.

these so called haters watched a show because it is popular but they didn't like it. Would be because of popularity or because they have legit reasons?
Dec 11, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2014
Stop Shipping
Stop Roleplaying
Stop all the Waifu shit
Dec 11, 2016 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
I'm fine with the community most of the time. A thing that comes to my mind is using the whole scale for rating (or at least not 7-10), they should do it imo.
Another thing may be is to stop the immature behavior of elitist. good taste, shit taste stuff, that is pretty immature, i do understand it if its coming from school/teen folks but when i see adults doing it it's a bit depressing. I mean there are a lot of worse shit that people do, but this isn't helping towards a better community.
Dec 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2016
Bourmegar said:
jak123 said:
So anything popular? XD

YES! There are sooooo many stories that I wish had gotten a full adaptation for.

these so called haters watched a show because it is popular but they didn't like it. Would be because of popularity or because they have legit reasons?
But many have that mindset because it's popular and go into it already not liking it.
Dec 11, 2016 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Ironically-not-ironically having waifus. Watching awful shows for the waifu (Remu:Zero).
Dec 11, 2016 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
saying "anime is dead" or there was no good anime 20XX because they did not find any show to watch this season and did not try new things.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 11, 2016 2:29 PM

Dec 2008
hazerddex said:
saying "anime is dead" or there was no good anime 20XX because they did not find any show to watch this season and did not try new things.

I second this.

People need to experiment more.
Dec 11, 2016 2:38 PM

Oct 2014
jak123 said:
Bourmegar said:

But many have that mindset because it's popular and go into it already not liking it.

Maybe that is because of the fanbase of these popular shows. Fanbases do mirror what their show is.
Dec 11, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2016
glorifying shitty site like crunchyroll
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 11, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2012
Using "autism" as some kind of way to describe an anime, or its characters or whatever.
I seriously never understood what people mean when they use it in that way. Highly doubt they have or know someone with autism. Even then, it's a spectrum disorder, so it has varying degrees of severity; none of the traits make sense when commenting on certain anime/characters.

Ironically, I bet I'll get called "autistic" for this observation, LOL

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 11, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2016
Bourmegar said:
jak123 said:

Maybe that is because of the fanbase of these popular shows. Fanbases do mirror what their show is.
Not necessarily. I've seen many good animes/mangas with terrible fanbases that have no reflection on the work.
Dec 11, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
Stop making threads like "this season sucks" anytime a new season comes. Like, I can understand why people can't like a season, year, decade, etc. or anime, but the same thread each time a new season starts gets tiring very quick.

Oliemaar said:
The stupid 'Best Girl' debate should end, it's pointless.

Haha just kidding the Best Girl debate is my life.
I like how you think, bro :)
Dec 11, 2016 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
Please no more "seasonal anime is crap" thread. I'm sick and tired of shitposting to it, make something better...
Dec 11, 2016 2:56 PM

Oct 2014
jak123 said:
Bourmegar said:

Not necessarily. I've seen many good animes/mangas with terrible fanbases that have no reflection on the work.

But the bad fanbases do cause other ppl to have a bad impression about shows.
Dec 11, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
Forums existing at all. I never post anything, but I ghost these threads a lot because it is sometimes entertaining to watch the shitstorm. I haven't seen a truly interesting, insightful, or genuinely funny post ever on the MyAnimeList forums at least.

I think it's fine that a lot of people just watch anime and don't really care about the creators behind it, but I do, and I wish there were more production nerds, I'd have way more friends that way. I'm so tired of people saying "lol they ran out of budget" and "the animators were so lazy here" when they don't know jack shit.
Let's be friends :)
Dec 11, 2016 3:08 PM

Dec 2015
Shipping Wars, everyone needs to calm down about shipping and not taking it so personally. Like the characters story doesn't continue after the anime is over
Dec 11, 2016 3:31 PM

Apr 2015
Stop bitching that anime is dead or dying.
And stop saying that Free/Kill la Kill/OPM/Rose of Versailles/Utena/RE:Zero/Jojo/Yuri on Ice/Princess Tutu/etc, etc will save anime or was the pinnacle of anime and it is all downhill from there. Because it only is a 'savior' or 'pinnacle' in your narrow mind.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 11, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2016
During hype season: anything negative about x anime is wrong and you have horrible taste for dislike the best anime ever (for 3 months). Also the over exposure of it doesn't help.
Also the inverse: anything positive about x anime is wrong and you have horrible taste for liking this trash. This one is less common, but still happens.
Shoryu said:
Using "autism" as some kind of way to describe an anime, or its characters or whatever.
I seriously never understood what people mean when they use it in that way. Highly doubt they have or know someone with autism. Even then, it's a spectrum disorder, so it has varying degrees of severity; none of the traits make sense when commenting on certain anime/characters.

I say this is less to do with the anime community and how the modern "internet" vocabulary evolve. I agree with you on this. Irl, I've heard people use alzheimer's like that.
Dec 11, 2016 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
takenMalUsername said:

I say this is less to do with the anime community and how the modern "internet" vocabulary evolve. I agree with you on this. Irl, I've heard people use alzheimer's like that.

I do agree with you to an extent, as I know it's not tied specifically to the anime community, but when I first joined MAL, the first time I ever dived into an anime "community", that's when I saw autism being used extensively in that manner. However, yes, it certainly is something widely used on the internet regardless; just that from all the forum communities I've been on, and even after I left MAL some time ago, I rarely see it pop up in those other non-anime communities, unless it's seriously being discussed with proper context.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 11, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2016
Shoryu said:
takenMalUsername said:

I do agree with you to an extent, as I know it's not tied specifically to the anime community, but when I first joined MAL, the first time I ever dived into an anime "community", that's when I saw autism being used extensively in that manner. However, yes, it certainly is something widely used on the internet regardless; just that from all the forum communities I've been on, and even after I left MAL some time ago, I rarely see it pop up in those other non-anime communities, unless it's seriously being discussed with proper context.

Hm, that is interesting. I don't really visit many other communites so I can't say. I mainly asscoiate that uses of autism with the "cringe" community.
I find it funny that the anime community is using the word like that because anime fans are usually the ones being called "autistic".
Dec 11, 2016 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
I wish the anime community would stop being infested with SJWs and people who give shows they already know they'll dislike poor scores. You don't like ecchi? That's cool, then don't fuckin' try to score it, because your score is worthless.
IpreferEcchiDec 11, 2016 4:00 PM
Dec 11, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2016
I think the part of the anime community that either wallows in self deprecation or that really believes that being somehow passionate about anime(however a person may show it) is somehow a negative thing should really stop what they're doing or to be exact, they're the cancer that should be removed in this community.
Dec 11, 2016 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
CapitalistGod said:
I think the part of the anime community that either wallows in self deprecation or that really believes that being somehow passionate about anime(however a person may show it) is somehow a negative thing should really stop what they're doing or to be exact, they're the cancer that should be removed in this community.

This. Also, I would love if some anime fans could be less insecure with liking anime and stop saying shit only anime fans worry about. Screw that portion of the community - Hate them all and I will ignore anything they say from here on out.
Dec 11, 2016 4:04 PM

Jun 2016
stop revolutionizing YAOI shipping on every anime series. :D
2016 anime is best example.
too many yaoi characters.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Dec 11, 2016 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
-Overexaggerating a certain series.
-Comparing two series that don't even have any resemblance at all (FMA and Steins;Gate for example).
-Bashing on a certain genre without any knowledge.
-Claiming "anime" and "animation" are different (This is mostly done by my community, Turkish community).
-Claiming a certain anime sucks just because it's outdated or it doesn't have eye-candy graphics.
-Trying to ship almost every character with each other.
-Mixing Japanese with their native language, thinking that it's cute.
-Asking "wut animu" without even searching a certain image on the internet (a.k.a. laziness)

That's all that I could think of at the moment I guess.
Dec 11, 2016 4:27 PM

Apr 2016
Shoryu said:

You are so pathetic...

Just kidding, actually "autism" became a popular insult in the internet, not only in the anime community.
Dec 11, 2016 5:02 PM

Aug 2016
Anime fans need to stop fapping to loli hentai, seriously. Lolicon has become too commonplace within anime communities.
How do I delete my account
Dec 11, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2016
I like(not really) when an anime fan hates on anime as a medium, and oddly enough it seems to be the "cool" thing to do nowadays.
I know, I know, there are trolls who don't really mean what they say, but these trolls are even worse than the people who genuinely hate on anime despite being "fans" of it; because they make those "fans" think that their opinion on anime is the popular opinion and that people agree with them, when it's obviously not the case.
Those people are a minority and will keep being a minority. At least, I hope so.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 11, 2016 5:21 PM

Jun 2015
People do that on youtube? Glad I don't read the comments. Ever.

I guess nothing really bothers me because I don't really pay attention. Not a fan of the excessive sexualization of everything, but that's not just an anime thing.

Dec 11, 2016 5:34 PM

Mar 2016
No matter where I go, 4chan, reddit, youtube, mal, etc. the bait is always very poor in quality.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 5 hours ago

11 by GudBoy »»
2 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - Yesterday

42 by Shizuna »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

39 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 9 hours ago

17 by NubFix »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 5 hours ago

18 by Gator »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.