Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2016 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Bushishi said:
Jonesy974 said:

Hmm, I see your point of view very well, but I'm fine with the historical stuff being more centered around just the bootleg. Also, there were only like, 2 massacres in the whole anime?

I wouldn't have really cared if they kept it solely on bootlegging, had they made the bootlegging itself more interesting. Rather than just, oh, this Corteo guy makes it and now we sell it to people. If you're gonna go with a more fictional interpretation, might as well make it as interesting as possible.

Sure there were only like 2 massacres, but there were lots of obnoxious massive gunfights that resulted in minimal causalities as well: the big shootout in the bar, the shootout at the Lodge, the shootout in the street to kill Nero, the shootout when Nero had to run from the family, etc. Stuff like that was also very infrequent IRL.
Oct 1, 2016 9:52 PM
Jan 2015
Bushishi said:
tkayo101 said:
Guys, I don't even know where to begin expressing my disappointment with the finale.

1) All the build up to the showdown at the Playhouse and we don't even get to see it??? Barbero, Nero's right hand was killed. He had his doubts about Avilio (Angelo) and we don't even get to see his I-told-you-so moment. And Vincent Vanetti, the head honcho himself, we don't get to see how he gets killed either. It's just disappointing. I was looking forward to it.

2) Avilio (Angelo) had come so far, sacrificed so much in enacting his revenge (RIP Corteo #CorteoDeservedBetter). It doesn't make sense why he chickened out of killing Nero. Did he bond with his target a little too much?

3) This doesn't have to do with the finale specifically, but I hate how the writers handled Corteo's character. He was a plot device through and through. Written to push the story forward but in a very contrived way. Obviously without his alcohol Avilio (Angelo) couldn't as easily have gotten into the mafia. But after getting in he completely ignores Corteo. There's very little chemistry between them. Just Avilio bossing him around. Avilio and Nero shared more chemistry imo. Episode 11 was really the only time we saw Avilio stop acting so cold towards Corteo and reminded the audience of their childhood relationship.
I just feel like for the most part Corteo was just there. There was not much else to cling to with his character. He was just tagging along with Avilio because Avilio told him to. Dragged into a life he never wanted a part of. Bossed around and ignored. And then disposed of through a self-sacrifice when his job for the plot was done.

1) Vincent's illness killed him.

2) Once Corteo died, Angelo really didn't give a shit about his revenge anymore. He was just going through the motions.

3) I can't argue against that.

1) And that's fine and dandy but show ussss is my point.

2) I remember Avilio had said he wanted Nero and Vincent to feel the same pain he felt. A pain worse than death. And that that was the reason why he didn't kill Nero. But his "the reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you" at the end implies some kind of softness he has for Nero. Not even about causing Nero a pain worse than death. And that's what has me confused.
He had said that he thought after his revenge was completed he could maybe find a reason to live. (I think Corteo was his only reason left tbh). But since Corteo was gone he couldn't find one. Hence his I'll see you soon after killing Corteo. He was planning to die anyways. He might as well have accomplished his plan as sought out. Getting rid of Nero as well. (I'm not sure what happened to Ganzo).

3) I forgot to mention another instance of him conveniently being used to push the story forward, whilst tagging along with his good old buddy Avilio ofc not doing much. Fango had to be gotten rid of eventually. There was no way he would make it out alive with the kind of ambitions he had. And since everyone else had tried killing him and failed (lmao). Corteo conveniently to the rescue.
Oct 1, 2016 10:10 PM
Jan 2014
No he did not die, and i have proof go back to the episode and go to 11min and 5 sec it flashed to a what happens after he gets shot he sees the beach and wakes up with a bandage on he lived but he did get shot please go back and watch it so many people missed this. It was not a open ending!!
Oct 1, 2016 11:24 PM

Mar 2012
The ending felt very weird to me to be honest. There were a few ways I expected 91 Days to turn out:

1. Avilio turns into a maniac: consumed by his revenge, he lets go of all emotions and focuses entirely on killing his enemies, dragging Corteo into the process, ending with perhaps a suicide.

2. Avilio reneges: after finding Corteo to be his saving grace, Avilio leaves the scene for good and lives on simply.

Except we have this half-ass-of-everything ending where Avilio carried through his plan, but left Nero alive, and goes on a brotrip with Nero, and then Nero kills him anyway. I don't know how to make sense of this ending. It probably makes sense for him to not kill Nero, whether it's because he wants Nero to suffer or because he can't bring himself to kill Nero. But Nero killing Avilio when (1) he finally understood everything and (2) seemed to be at a point where he was ready to let go of the past? I felt like this series has done well with its body counts--every death served more or less a purpose. But Avilio? Not really. It made sense at the end for the men to go their separate ways and just get on with their lives. That would've been more acceptable than Nero just killing Avilio and leaving the scene.

Anyway, that weird rollercoaster of an ending sunk my opinion for the series. But it was decent drama while it lasted. 2/5.
Oct 2, 2016 1:45 AM
Oct 2016
i think it was all a dream. because the mafia guys with avillio had "hand guns".
Oct 2, 2016 1:58 AM
Jun 2008
Nero 100% shot him.

The words you dont need a reason to live you just live was him telling nero what he (nero) was going to do.

He trained the gun on him and shot without moving his aim. 0% chance of missing.

Nero was then chased down and killed after this episode of course.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Oct 2, 2016 2:07 AM
Aug 2014
I thought at the end when Nero aimed at Angelo from the back that Angelo was going to turn around with a gun and kill him first but guess not.
Oct 2, 2016 2:38 AM
Jun 2008
Jonesy974 said:

As for him not shooting Avilio:
- There was no blood
- There was no body or drag marks and Nero went back to his car immediately
- The footprints magically ended apruptly
- ^ There was no way the ocean could have washed all of it away instantly

uh there is a time lapse there where you dont know how much time has passed from when he shot til he started driving away. There is no way to tell how long that was.

The argument for him being shot is he trained his gun on him and never moved it enough to miss. You can see his resolve tighten when he looks away then looks back up with a new focus.

There is no time lapse here. Avillo is shot and prob dead.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Oct 2, 2016 3:03 AM
Mar 2016
I was expecting something far different from this...but anyway this show was really good

7/10

Also why is this considered an open ending?It's pretty much obvious that Nero killed Avilio.There's no always need to show blood to make understand that someone died.
mokadelcaffeSep 13, 2017 10:33 AM
Oct 2, 2016 3:04 AM
May 2014
It was a good anime.

This last episode however, was absolutely atrocious. While I had rated it at a sparkling 10 before this episode, and recommended it to all my friends, this 'finale' or more accurately, 'trashnale' caused me to drop the rating to a 1.

Nobody asked for, or wanted an open ending.
Oct 2, 2016 4:12 AM

Feb 2015
Hm. The ending wasn't quite what it could have been so I won't bump it up to a 10, but it's certainly a well-earned 9/10 from me. It was a fine ending.
Oct 2, 2016 6:55 AM
Sep 2016
tkayo101 said:
Bushishi said:

1) Vincent's illness killed him.

2) Once Corteo died, Angelo really didn't give a shit about his revenge anymore. He was just going through the motions.

3) I can't argue against that.

2) I remember Avilio had said he wanted Nero and Vincent to feel the same pain he felt. A pain worse than death. And that that was the reason why he didn't kill Nero. But his "the reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you" at the end implies some kind of softness he has for Nero. Not even about causing Nero a pain worse than death. And that's what has me confused.
He had said that he thought after his revenge was completed he could maybe find a reason to live. (I think Corteo was his only reason left tbh). But since Corteo was gone he couldn't find one. Hence his I'll see you soon after killing Corteo. He was planning to die anyways. He might as well have accomplished his plan as sought out. Getting rid of Nero as well. (I'm not sure what happened to Ganzo).

3) I forgot to mention another instance of him conveniently being used to push the story forward, whilst tagging along with his good old buddy Avilio ofc not doing much. Fango had to be gotten rid of eventually. There was no way he would make it out alive with the kind of ambitions he had. And since everyone else had tried killing him and failed (lmao). Corteo conveniently to the rescue.

2) At FIRST Angelo wanted to kill Nero, but started feeling soft for him. However, he still felt the obligation to complete his revenge. Once again, when Corteo died, he acted less on his revenge and just wanted to die, evinced by his tired expression throughout.
Oct 2, 2016 7:42 AM

May 2009
That ocean part reminded me of Punpun and Aiko's scene. It was great.
Oct 2, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Nero with that speech at the end saying "You don't need a reason to live, just live." Makes me believe he kept him alive.

Though the diner scene and that random dude stopping in the road at the end was weird. Reminded me a lot of the Sopranos ending.

8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 2, 2016 10:50 AM

Mar 2015
UnderminE said:
That ocean part reminded me of Punpun and Aiko's scene. It was great.

It's remind me on movie "Knockin' on heaven's door". Then Angelo said, that he never seen a ocean, that movie is the only, that came to my mind. And that trip together...I think, that this ending is better, than some kind of specific ending. And why is so important to know, alive they or not? Their story is ended, it's not like there will be a continuation, if they both alive at the end.
Oct 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
Well, i don't know, if this important anymore, but...
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493806&show=50#msg45288640
If score like this is corresponding to "suck"...Like i wrote before, i don't think that it is important now.
Oct 2, 2016 12:25 PM
Jan 2015
Bushishi said:
tkayo101 said:

2) At FIRST Angelo wanted to kill Nero, but started feeling soft for him. However, he still felt the obligation to complete his revenge. Once again, when Corteo died, he acted less on his revenge and just wanted to die, evinced by his tired expression throughout.

2) Hmm I see. So he essentially didn't kill Nero because he grew to taking a liking for him. (Because we know at the Playhouse when shit was going down he could have). I do like the parallels between a Young Nero not killing a Young Avilio when he could have. And an Adult Avilio not killing an Adult Nero when he also clearly could have.

All in all, I imagine this is what getting blueballed feels like xD A lot of buildup and excitement for the end and not feeling satisfied. I'm left wanting more...
If they ever release a manga of this anime I'd like to see what happened at the Playhouse. Thanks for the talk! :)
Oct 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
Rest in piece literally every charcter in the series lol.
Oct 2, 2016 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
I also doubt Nero killed Angelo at the end. He saw how it broke down his father to kill a good friend. Same when Angelo killed Corteo. When Angelo told him "it was for nothing" if probably struck Nero hard; as those were his father's last words too.

Nero is pretty much a dead man, Angelo has a chance to live further. Faking Angelo's death, and having him live on would explain why Nero seemed so satisfied at the end. He also would've held his word of "giving Angelo a reason to live."

Going by how everyone else was portrayed after killing a friend, it would be odd to show Nero happy.
Oct 2, 2016 2:38 PM
Jan 2016
Great ending. Liked it!
I like to think that Nero really killed Angelo at the end. It makes more sense to me.
I feel like they both finished/accomplished their goal at the end and that they both felt satisfied.

Angelo, having no reason left to live after finishing his task just wanted to die by Nero's hands like how he was supposed to be killed the night when he escaped from them. He blames Nero for all of what happened to him and what he has done to get his vendetta. As shown when he was screaming to Nero. He thinks that, if only Nero shot him that night, he couldn't have had to take revenge and do all things that he wouldn't have wanted like, killing Corteo.

Nero, on the other hand, wanted him to take his revenge and be satisfied about it since he already have started it, but it angered him that after all the killings and betrayal, Angelo feels nothing and that all of what he did was pointless.

Both of them wanted to finish what they started, and I think they both agreed on how it should end:
By killing Angelo like how he was supposed to be dead from the beginning.

long story short...
Angelo doesn't want to kill Nero because he wanted Nero to kill him instead.
and Nero wants Angelo to feel satisfied so he gave him what he wants. DEATH.

well, that's what I think about this ending. thanks for reading.
also, sorry for my bad English. :D
Oct 2, 2016 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
catullus said:
Jonesy974 said:

As for him not shooting Avilio:
- There was no blood
- There was no body or drag marks and Nero went back to his car immediately
- The footprints magically ended apruptly
- ^ There was no way the ocean could have washed all of it away instantly

uh there is a time lapse there where you dont know how much time has passed from when he shot til he started driving away. There is no way to tell how long that was.

The argument for him being shot is he trained his gun on him and never moved it enough to miss. You can see his resolve tighten when he looks away then looks back up with a new focus.

There is no time lapse here. Avillo is shot and prob dead.

You just say there is an uncertain time lapse...and then saying that there isn't and Avilio is dead. You're invalidating your own argument.

You can see his resolve tighten? Weird, since resolve is intangible. You can assume he made a decision, but saying he visibly had the resolve to do it is also speculative.
Oct 2, 2016 6:25 PM
May 2016
one of the best anime of summer 2016
Oct 2, 2016 6:37 PM
Oct 2016
So I am confused on the last episode. So Nero shot Aneglo at the beach and the Galassians saved him after Nero left? Or did the Galassians take Angelo in after he kill the Venetties from episode 11?
Oct 2, 2016 7:20 PM

Aug 2014
So goooood, i think hes still alive tbh tho, plus shit didnt add up. Nero shouldve died and not Corteo. Im still bummed about that but this was great (Probably #2 if not #1 of the season. There were some plot holes so there might be something else in the near future.
Oct 3, 2016 1:47 AM

Sep 2007
thecookiedemon said:
No he did not die, and i have proof go back to the episode and go to 11min and 5 sec it flashed to a what happens after he gets shot he sees the beach and wakes up with a bandage on he lived but he did get shot please go back and watch it so many people missed this. It was not a open ending!!

I thought so too, since the episode was a bit chaotic. At first when the scene starts, Angelo wakes up to the sound of waves, because the place where he was last conscious was the beach. Later on in the episode he tells Nero to go to the beach as he has never been there before. How would he know what is the sound of waves if he hadn't been to the beach before? I doubt he just came to listen to some radio podcast that happened to be recorded at the beach.
I used to be a 3D lover like you... But then I took an arrow to the heart.
Oct 3, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2016
A most satisfying last episode
I like bad endings

Oct 3, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
What the fucking hell just happened at this finale episode?! It's too intense!
Just damn it, It wasn't clear If Angelo died, or they are both alive or maybe dead.
I'm confused. Well what ever, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 (or 9?) out of 10 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 3, 2016 10:15 AM
Apr 2014
That's it? Can't say I like this uncertain end.

I mean I'm relatively sure Angelo died on that beach but that's the one outcome I didn't really like. I wouldn't even have minded if both survived or both died but this is just cruel without showing what actually happens >.>

Nero can't really escape either. So he's most likely going to die, too. Could have at least shown that, too, to round it up.

Anyway 9/10. Amazing anime. The soundtrack and atmosphere were well done and it was interesting to see the developments of Angelo's plan.
Oct 3, 2016 10:42 AM

Oct 2011
😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔
What an ending.
Oct 3, 2016 12:15 PM
Mar 2016
Man, this anime is truly awesome.
Oct 3, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
Gotta say the ending could've been better, i wanted to see an all out war between the two but this is why i love this show because you can't expect what's gonna happen next.

Overall, this was a great fuckin series, surpassed all my expectations, and it's my fav outta this season.

1- 91 Days 8-8.5/10
2- Mob Psycho 100 8/10
3- Re Zero 7.5/10
4- Saiki Kusuo waiting for it to end/10
5- New Game 6/10
Oct 3, 2016 5:38 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
This show is CRIMINALLY underrated.
Oct 3, 2016 7:20 PM
Oct 2016
nero didnt kill angelo, theres a big number of reasons, this episode was scrambled in scenes hence the confusion but if you kept a close observation you would notice that in the beginning of the episode galassias caught angelo hostage and while he was passed out, the galassias had killed off most and chased nero and tigre straight to the island where fango onced ruled, but at the same time the new don of galassias assumed that angelo still intends to kill nero and decides to use him as bait and also to have angelo kill nero, hence angelo was detained at hote lawlessl in room 501 which the guards were confused why their boss has not have angelo killed, and notice that angelo has a megazine with cover that shows florida ... the state of palm trees and beaches, so now they are escaping to a beach, angelo knowing he wont kill nero and yet lied to make a deal with the don of galassias knew he needed to escape or he would be dead, so now they are at the ocean and and the scenes are focused on the foot prints which play a critical clue, and angelo tells nero he didnt kill him cause he didnt want to kill him, walking by nero with his guard down so nero stops while angelo is walking and nero takes out his gun and aims at angelos back but notice he closes his eyes and shifts the gun down abit towards the right, and when he opens his eyes he shifts gun more lower and we hear a gunshot but we dont see remotely any amount of blood or a body, yet we see nero driving and looked at a can of pineapples, at close to the end of the prohibition era, in the 1930s florida palm beach was probably the biggest place that was cultivating pineapples, so in the end we see back at beach 2 sets of foot prints have paced along the beach only to stop about the same time, with one being a a step or 2 more then the other, yet back at the scene where nero supposely shot angelo, angelo walked a good amount of steps away from nero which concludes that nero shot down at the sand and continued to walked with angelo until they stop at the destination where a boat was on standby and angelo proceeds to get on with nero reluctant to join but does and they part ways in florida, explains why you see a can of pineapple that angelo probably stole and left for nero on the trip, as nero smiles and drives off, the man who stops in the opposite direction seems to look like some kind of cop or federal agent looking to track them down
Oct 3, 2016 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
What!? that's it!? LAME!!! where's the body!? already buried at the shore?
3/5.
8/10.

Oct 3, 2016 11:06 PM
Dec 2013
Good series, just watched the whole thing tonight. Wasn't impressed by the opener episodes but I picked it up after everyone around me was saying it gets better.
Oct 4, 2016 7:47 AM
Jul 2011
Actually it is possible that the ocean palatially wiped out Avilio's footsteps, because the waves are coming randomly. And if the end of the traces is the place he didn't get shot, were are the exit footsteps?

I think this scene was a statement - "We leave this to your imagination.".

One of the reasons Nero could shot Avilio is the former was practically begging him to finish his old job.
I guest we will never know the decision Nero made - to end the circle or to give Avilio a chance to escape from Galassias. (The pursuer will follow Nero's car.)

@lovelyangel666
How would he know what is the sound of waves if he hadn't been to the beach before? I doubt he just came to listen to some radio podcast that happened to be recorded at the beach.

You know, they had movies with sound in this era. It's hard to tell if Angelo went to one, probably no (he was poor, he never was in the mood), but it is possible.

Anyway pretty solid theory and very probable - the pursuer went to the beach instead following Nero's car...so both of them are alive.
Oct 4, 2016 8:05 AM
Feb 2016
megaload said:

@lovelyangel666
How would he know what is the sound of waves if he hadn't been to the beach before? I doubt he just came to listen to some radio podcast that happened to be recorded at the beach.

You know, they had movies with sound in this era. It's hard to tell if Angelo went to one, probably no (he was poor, he never was in the mood), but it is possible.

I think it's pretty possible as he seemed not that poor before his family was murdered.
Oct 4, 2016 8:10 AM
Jul 2011
@KolmeDG. this was 7 year before.
Not sure if the technology was in all movie theaters by that time.
Oct 4, 2016 8:20 AM
Feb 2016
@megaload Oh, your right.
In that case, perhaps Angelo just have been to the beach in the past. He asked Nero if he has ever been there, but Angelo said nothing about himself.

I don't know the official background story, though...
Oct 4, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2013
i'm pretty sure he didn't kill him but seriously though fuck those Inception type of endings
Oct 4, 2016 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was just amazing. Yes there was a lot of violence. But the voice actors did a tremendous job especially with Angelo/Avilio and Nero. I guess it is safe to assume that Nero didn't kill Angelo like he did 7 years ago? I can say that this was a satisfying ending to such a great series!
Oct 5, 2016 12:23 AM

Sep 2014
dropped score to 7 because the ending was really unsatisfying for me.
overall still a good show with interesting plot, I want to see more anime like this in the future.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 5, 2016 12:29 AM

Sep 2007
@megaload
@KolmeDG

As far as I recall, although I might be wrong, Avilio insisted they go to the beach because he has never been there and he mentioned that to Corteo a few episodes back. And while he might have glimpsed a TV in one of his bosses' houses, his apartment both before joining the family and after show he's living a very frugal life. While there were already movies with sound, do you imagine a mafioso going to the theatre in his free time, if he has any? Avilio was pretty much busy with plotting his revenge on the Vanettis all the time and was poor af anyway.

While your theory is plausible, it's still suspicious that the creators decided to put the sound of waves exactly on the moment of his awakening and not in any other scene in the show.
Oct 5, 2016 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
I love this episode so much. Awesome soundtrack and the tension was built so well throughout the season with the finale not disappointing. Personally I think Nero killed Avilio because he looked up this time when he fired his gun unlike in episode one. The lack of body/blood and ocean washing away the footprints was done to show that in the end it was all for nothing and their tragic story will be forgotten and washed away as if it never happened. I also think Nero dies at the end when getting recognized by the other driver. It seems like the only way Avilio's revenge would have been completed without him killing Nero (since he didn't want to do so).
Oct 5, 2016 2:26 AM
Jul 2011
@lovelyangel666
And while he might have glimpsed a TV in one of his bosses' houses

Are you joking?
If not, there ware this type of big big lamp radios that vaguely resemble TV sets. My grandfather had one of those.
Maybe you saw something familiar.

it's still suspicious that the creators decided to put the sound of waves exactly on the moment of his awakening and not in any other scene in the show

Yeees, and we are trying the explain it with different theories.
Maybe Avilio went to talkie movie not because he was in the mood but just following Nero, or maybe there was gramophone disc with different sound samples which he listened in his youth, or he heard the sea on radio or he have pretty good idea from some big lake (this time when he went to Chicago?).

I admit that your theory is very probable but the creators purposely left things indefinite - so, no way to prove any of our suggestions.
Oct 5, 2016 8:08 AM

Sep 2007
@megaload

No, I'm not joking. I have no idea what lamps are you talking about but in the early 1930s there were radio-tv-like boxes that resemble drawers.

I highly doubt there were any gramophone records with sound samples. Music recording and gramophones weren't exactly cheap for anyone to decide to record different sounds for kids' education.

>this time when he went to Chicago?
That's the most plausible option of all you said so far. In fact, he has already seen the ocean - he travelled by boat to Chicago - but he specifically wanted to see the beach in that final scene. I don't exclude the possibility that he could have visited Lake Michigan on his way to Chicago but he wasted so much time with Corteo on the way there that it's doubtful he had any time for loitering around.
Oct 5, 2016 8:41 AM
Jul 2011
@lovelyangel666

I have no idea what lamps are you talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow-cathode_lamp

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/radio-lamp-11061405.jpg

there were radio-tv-like boxes that resemble drawers

And there were variety of models

http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2016/4/7/2/6/7/2670c048-fccc-11e5-8286-797f91550e9d.jpg

My grandfather's was different from before WWII and also resembled cathode tube TV set.

Music recording and gramophones weren't exactly cheap for anyone to decide to record different sounds for kids' education.

But Angelo's family was loaded (from gangster money) and the gramophone could be used from both - kinds and adults: recorded radioplays (with sound effects), contemporary music, classic music ect.

he travelled by boat to Chicago

I think it was a river/lake boat.
Oct 5, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2007
@megaload

I was thinking more about something like this
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Zworykin_kinescope_1929.jpg

>recorded radioplays (with sound effects), contemporary music, classic music ect.

I think the technology of creating a gramophone record is more sophisticated than turning on your device and recording whatever plays on the radio (as opposed to cassette tape recorders).

>I think it was a river/lake boat.
It was a river boat - Lawless had a river crossing the city. But Chicago has a port on the lake so you can travel by boat there. My point was that - since ports are loud, it's more likely not to hear the wave sound over shouting and boats coming and going.
Oct 5, 2016 1:00 PM
Jul 2011
@lovelyangel666
something like this

Well, not in Lawless.

turning on your device and recording

What, nooo...
I mean audioplay recorded at the radio station, and released as gramophone disc by a record company. Never heard of that?

Also there were the Edison's phonograph recording cylinders suitable for home usage but I don't talk about that.

ports are loud

How about the boat making a stop at some pier at the lake shore, or him going to the lake searching someone?
Oct 5, 2016 3:46 PM

Feb 2016
i just finished watching 91 days in 5 days lol , and i must say reading the comment section prove to me that watching 1 episode per week is the reason why people can't seems to grasp the final moments .
i will explain with proofs , basicaly dialouges and scene from the anime , that angelo lived and nero scarficed himself ( shocking , very shocking i know )

okay , first off all , not a singel soul on mal seems to notice that the guy who entered while nero and angleo eating in the resturant is the same guy who was shown in the car in the last scene, in fact if you go now and watch the resturant scene( episode 12 ) minute 15, you can easily see nero looking with the back of his right eye on the man for seconds , hence he know they are being followed , then nero pay the money and leave ( you can tell the man from his hat )

this is very important , cause the guy work for the glassis family and he saw BOTH OF THEM .
so they start their trip , nero remmeber the day 7 years ago , and we got new scene showing a birthday cake ,they blame each other for not killing each other when they had the chance to
later on , they go to the beach , angelo choose the beach cause he saw a poster of it , in the room he was locked in

before i go on , did anyone ask themself why the guards in angelo's room had NO GUNS ?
think about it for a moment , this guy is important to the glassis family , but they put him in a hotel room with 2 guards without guns ? ( fake hand gun lol )
well , the new don KNEW he (nero) would come for angelo , and that is why that man in the last scene ( and in the resturant ) was able to find them , this also explain the discussion between injured angelo and the new don

now let us go back to the beach thing , the scene of nero shotting angelo is the same as the scene when shoting the littel angelo, the dirffrenece here is that after nero close his eyes , he move his aim a bit then open his eyes . now let's go back to EPISODE 4 , remmeber the giant mexican guy ?
It was forshadowing that nero's aim is so bad that he shot 5 bullets and missed the five / this is important because if he was to shot angelo from the same distance ( the giant was close too ) he would need at least couple of shots ,and it is diffrenet in frate case , since he was sitting in a very small room

but that is not all , if you noticed the look into his eyes when he opened them , the look stayed the same after we saw him in the car , then seconds later ( the glassis guy's car passes by ) the serious look change into smile , with him looking at the same frut can that angelo bought in episode 4 , when they had their adventure .
this is because , the glassis guy saw only one ( and this is why the fruit can was sitting in angelo's place ) meaning that the glassis family think angelo is dead since he is no longer with him . i will prove that now too

go back to episode 11 , nero tell the blond dude ( with the glasses ) that avilio ( angelo ) is a like a dead soul after killing his friend and that HE WILL GIVE HIM A REASON TO LIVE FOR
and he explained it to angelo in this episode " you don't need a reason to live, you just live " , meaning he is setting him free .
.now i know what people are going to say : no dumbass he killed him to set him free , cause he found out he should have killed him 7 years and ended his mesury , and that angelo wanted to die !

ok here :
1_ he did not kill him as a murcy . remmeber the talk between nero and his father in episode 10 ? it was showen that the old man told nero that he did the worng choice and he wished that he did not do that
but in return nero told him : family is everything . in episode 11 , the old man tells nero " it was all for nothing " the same verse angelo use infront of nero at ep 12 . so how the fuck would nero who saw that killing bring nothing would kill his friend after he told him he did not kill him because he didn't want to ?
this would ruin the hole theme in the show that revenge would bring nothing , nero had no reason to kill angelo

2_ he killed him cause angelo wanted to die is not true
have you ever met someone or had a friend who comitted suicide ? if you had ( hopefuly not ) you would know that they would lose all thier intersets in things like eating , joking , wanting to go somewhere etc ( not the wanna be suicide , because those basicaly want a better live )
in the episode we saw angelo no longer had the mental breakdown with him seeing his dead friend body , he also played with nero , when he tried to run the car into the tree , that is something a man with zero intention to live wouldn't do
we also noticed that he gave his back to nero and start an endless walk, as if asking him to choose what ever he wants to do .( angelo seems to reach a point where he no longer gives a flying fuck , but not suicidal )

anyway , the reson why nero couldn't kill angelo when he was young is not because the case is speical , he told angelo in episode 4 that he couldn't kill ANYONE at that time , which made him work hard to gain his father respect
but now the second time, him opening his eyes is meant to show that this time he won't shoot because he is positive that he doesn't want to ( same as angelo )
and this would also be the answer to angelo's question in episode 9 " but you can kill that kid now ! "

in short :

1-tiger hinted how nero and him both gonna end in the beg of episode 12
2- the reason why angelo was easy to being captured , and had guards with no guns is because the glassis don knew nero is coming
3- nero knew he was being follwed by the guy in the resturant all along ( he was looking at him with his right eye )
4- nero wanted to make the glassis think that angelo died
5- nero already mentioned that " i will give angelo a reason to live "
6- the whole " murcy " killing , and that nero thought he should have ended angelo life 7 years ago , go againt his father death speach and everything he saw during the 3 monthes
7- angelo aim is terribel as we saw in episode 4 when shot 5 bullits that couldn't hit the mexican guy.
8- nero's friend ( the blond with the galsses ) knew that nero can't kill angelo that is why when captured him he told tiger " NO DON'T call nero he would not kill him "
9- nero closed his eyes like he did 7 years ago , but later opend it and took his decision , later on he was smiling at the same frute can that angelo bought in episode 4 , after the glassis guy passed him
10 - this was said before but the footsteps hint that angelo never touched the ground
11 - the footsteps means that angelo understood what nero told him ,if we took revenge as his footsteps ( his old reasons to live ) , them vanishing means he was freed from them .

feel free to discuss .
hisokathebutcherOct 5, 2016 4:16 PM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.